Urantia Book Forum

Urantia Book Discussion Board : Study Group
It is currently Sun Feb 23, 2020 2:47 am +0000

All times are UTC - 7 hours

Post subject: Jumping circles
PostPosted:  

Hi,

Recently I have been having some personal self-revelation as I confront truth as best I can and work for the better. It is difficult but can be rewarding when you get the euphoria of epiphany. Nevertheless depending on subsequent choices the high fades away and life gets back to "normal".

During this recent epiphany I felt as though my awareness just incrementally opened up around me. Basically I became more cognizant of myself and of others and my relationships with them on a more fundamental level. Hard to explain. It was like I could see myself (and most everything else) from a more objective perspective. The feeling of intense clarity was with me for a day or two but has faded. I was excited just to be alive. Fear and anxiety were temporarily washed away completely. The volume level is quite a bit lower now.

I generally don't like dabbling in making associations personally, but my mind was apt to ask whether that is what it feels like when you "jump circles", or simply a more material phenomenon going on in the inner workings of my literal brain mass. A few days later now I'm back to being not so sure and trying my best to be as unconcerned about it as I can be and focus on what's more important (like what's in front of me right here right now).

But I wanted to ask: have you had a similar experience and has your mind tried to make the same connection?

Profile Send private message  
 Post subject: Re: Jumping circles
PostPosted:  

Exactly. I had something.
It's been about 15 days since then.
I found myself in a state of non-judgment, that is, I could watch people for what they are, they revealed all its aspects, both positive and negative. It was as if everything around me was slowed down, but I could not understand the various situations, I felt the inner life of the people. And I felt really in peace. Another thing was that loud noises, or plan, for me did not matter, they felt the same way. A feeling really fantastic. But I believe that in that state, everything would be more difficult, and I refer to the work. I could not understand the people for what they really were. I have also identified a thief, etc ..

Last edited by 13W12 on Sun May 03, 2015 6:20 am +0000, edited 1 time in total.

PostPosted:  

quil wrote:
But I wanted to ask: have you had a similar experience and has your mind tried to make the same connection?

Yes. I believe it is a self conscious TA attempting to reveal. It is not all at once. You cannot live on cloud 9 all the time right now. You may be called to duty soon; be prepared. Allow your TA to prepare you.

Peace, Louis

PostPosted:  

Greetings quil...and thanks for the sharing and the open discussion opportunity. I find your description one of a very familiar experience I think all devoted truth seekers may and sometimes do know for themselves. I think it is an epiphany as you describe but one that alters perspective and in profound ways.

First, I have also had moments and strings of time where every physical sense are themselves heightened and expanded. And moments, sometimes together with the first phenomena, where new connections of understanding create new paradigms. These are frequently "jolting" in their arrival, a truly altered state of perception and appreciation. I think these latter are a form of discernment and reflection that comes from experience, maturity, the spirit progress....and the willingness to let go of prejudice - or old and current attachments to our knowledge, beliefs, and point of view. I think it perfectly normal.

In Zen, there is satori, a moment of brilliant clarity, insight, and illumination. It is not a state of being, like nirvana, but it is an element and progressive step upon the path of enlightening. The "fade" as you describe it is a frustration, like waking from a vivid dream where the vividness evaporates into the loss of the dream or most of it.

While I cannot explain the fade, I do think that the effects of the "objective moment" in time of new reality alignments and recognition of intersecting patterns and relationships is retained at some level and becomes integrated into greater wisdom and appreciation. It is important for us to have some times of "self forgetting" and create a more objective view of all, to then apply the flow and effect of love to situations that do not revolve around "me". It's a good thing I think.

As to "jumping circles", I am not certain...or convinced. For I think moving through each circle can also bring such moments and such a process of maturation and wisdom attainment. But whether it is in-circle or a circle jump, such perception is a sign of potential realized by mind. Thanks again.

Brad 8)

PostPosted:  

It could be the realization of important step, as that of the third circle.

PostPosted:  

Hello 13W12....that could be so and what quil means by "jumping" a circle I think. I tend to think it a transcendent time and an effect, which cause is purposeful intention to perceive and know that which is not yet known. But we all seem to agree it is a sign of progress in one form or another. Hoping to hear others opinions and experiences.

8)

PostPosted:  

I get the impression that jumping circles is a very personal thing. Because of differences in TA experience, the basic impulses of personality, the environment, etc., the plan for each person's ultimate development may be very unique. One person might experience 500 epiphany moments before hopping to the next circle while another might hop three circles at one such moment.

Another important indicator might be the ability to love another person, even instantaneously on meeting them for the first time. For me, the ecstatic state of experiencing intense and continuous super-physical/morontial perceptions is very highly correlated to the amount of intense and continuous affection you feel towards others (either one or many). There is a reason for the psychological connection of "fairy tales" to romance in our lives I believe. Those "fairy tales" are an expression of having experienced morontia impressions as well as the memory and longing for doing so.

PostPosted:  

We discussed a very similar topic in my study group regarding spiritual capacity. Many, if not most of us, have had this experience of the epiphany or the spiritual cup being filled to the top. Suddenly it feels as if you have everything figured out. You're brimming with confidence and spiritual knowledge. Then, almost as suddenly, you come back down to earth and realize you have so much more to learn.

I don't have any quotes handy, but I recall the UB teaching us that as we grow spiritually, our capacity for growth increases. I suspect this is what is leading to those feelings I just described. Upon reaching our current capacity, we feel filled and fulfilled. Then, God increases our capacity so that we have further room to grow. After that, those feelings of fullness return back down to more like an emptiness waiting to be filled. Let's say you had 1 gallon of spiritual capacity and you filled it up. Now God increases your capacity to 2 gallons or 3 gallons or more. Your 1 gallon of growth doesn't feel so grand at that point. This process repeats so you'll keep having those moments again and again as you continue to grow.

To put it simply, this whole process can be boiled down to 2 short phrases:

I know everything!
I don't know anything.

PostPosted:  

Thank you all for your responses! A few more days out from the epiphany now and things are definitely back to normal. I feel relieved that I am not the only one who has experienced this. I am sure this has happened to me before, it's just been so long I forgot about how joyful of an experience it can be.

I agree with the general notion that this is simply an epiphany, no more, no less. I really like the observation that now that my awareness has shifted in some fundamental aspect, I am cognizant of even more work that is necessary before I make substantial progress. I am excited about that at least-- I have accurately identified aspects of myself, particularly darkness in my heart, that need to be worked out before I can make much more spiritual progress. Well, at least at the conscious level.

There's probably a relation to the circles and I'm sure that "jumping" a circle probably does involve epiphanies, but I doubt this experience qualifies. I don't care enough anyway to speculate further. :)

- quil