Urantia Book Forum

Urantia Book Discussion Board : Study Group
It is currently Wed Sep 18, 2019 7:32 am +0000

All times are UTC - 7 hours

Post new topic This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 35 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3
PostPosted:  

i scanned thru one of his books and read that millions of rebel angels have reincarnated as humans on earth...i find that contrary to the UB's descriptions of the nature and function of both angels and humans and the statements on reincarnation. Does he attempt to explain it somewhere? (other than it fits with mainstream new age dogma).

Profile Send private message  

PostPosted:  

Yes, that is true. And it is one of the more radical propositions in the books. So far it hasn't been a major part, though.

The core of these books is absolutely based on Urantia teachings. It is in agreement 100% with the the teachings about:
The Central and Superuniverses
The Local Universe
The History of Urantia
(The series has not yet discussed the Life and Teachings of Jesus)

It discusses in-depth the Lucifer Rebellion, the planetary prince Caligastia, midwayers, the tree of life, the genetic uplift of mankind at the Garden of Eden, the default of Adam and Eve, and the loyalty of Van and Amadon. It even has extensive discussion of the fandors.

There is additional information information not discussed in the Urantia Book about the civilizations of Lemuria and Atlantis. However, I don't see this as being in contradiction to Urantia teachings. It is easy enough to believe this material was omitted by the MA because they didn't think it was relevant or would be an unnecessary detour.

So all of that is in agreement (or at least not in contradiction).

More controversially, Wylie's books provide new information including:
1) The adjudication of the Rebellion and the lifting of quarantine
2) The idea that perhaps the whole Rebellion, from the selection of staff to subtle influencing of participants, was deliberate as a way to create something new in a static system. In essence it was an engineered experiment.
3) Some of the rebel angels are incarnating as humans in our current time period
4) There is some kind of global transformation afoot

Whether you see that as a false teaching, a different perspective, or an update is all up to you. But since the UB was published over 60 years ago and was written from the perspective of MA staff only, I myself am open to the possibility of new information.

----
You are correct that angels do not normally have material bodies and do not incarnate. This is something entirely new. According to Wylie it is part of the greater divine plan. Perhaps it can be seen as justice to have the angels live in and experience the world that resulted from their activities in the rebellion. Perhaps it is an effort to create a new type of being. It is not entirely clear to me. I'll have to go back and check.

PostPosted:  

Hello BigAl,

I can't help but notice your struggles.

I see a lot of people doing the same thing. They tacitly thumb through the Urantia Book, get excited and become completely distracted, while the answers to their questions are right their, in the Urantia Book.

For example:

The following explains why those like Wylie, write Rebel Angel books.

(110:6.4) When the development of the intellectual nature proceeds faster than that of the spiritual, such a situation renders communication with the Thought Adjuster both difficult and dangerous. Likewise, overspiritual development tends to produce a fanatical and perverted interpretation of the spirit leadings of the divine indweller.

What you said certainly is noteworthy:

BigAl wrote:
The series has not yet discussed the Life and Teachings of Jesus.

(196:1.3) Of all human knowledge, that which is of greatest value is to know the religious life of Jesus and how he lived it.

This is a common theme too:

BigAl wrote:
I myself am open to the possibility of new information.

(195:6.3) A little knowledge is truly disconcerting.

There's only so much time.

Godspeed

PostPosted:  

Brother Big Al Sez :shock:

''More controversially, Wylie's books provide new information including:
1) The adjudication of the Rebellion and the lifting of quarantine
2) The idea that perhaps the whole Rebellion, from the selection of staff to subtle influencing of participants, was deliberate as a way to create something new in a static system. In essence it was an engineered experiment.
3) Some of the rebel angels are incarnating as humans in our current time period
4) There is some kind of global transformation afoot''

Really , ?

Cheesus ,

You believe this ... stuff ?

Seriously

Is Timothy Wylie your Guru ?

And although i can understand your diversity and searching
for Truth/s ,

Truth IS Truth regardless where its found .

I Hope you find what your looking for .

Albeit you wont find It in Timothy Wylies Books $$$

PostPosted:  
Site Admin

Lemuria and Atlantis are New Age concoctions -- I was reading about them in the 1950s. It's not unusual that an author uses Urantia concepts blended with New Age and other channeled material in their fictional works. It makes the stories more captivating. Perhaps if you're truly interested in these sunken continents stories you'll pay closer attention to the Garden of Eden and Dalamatia stories in TUB, the foundations for Atlantis and Lemuria myths.

"Wylie's books provide new information" -- while Wylie's books may be interesting, and I recall reading a lot of interesting books while on my personal spiritual search way back when, please enjoy reading them on your own time; this topic will be locked now since it has nothing to do with the teachings of TUB. Rehashing New Age and psychically derived stories may be interesting to some but they're neither reliable nor do they pertain to TUB.

Larry

Post new topic This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 35 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3