Urantia Book Forum

Urantia Book Discussion Board : Study Group
It is currently Mon May 25, 2020 8:24 am +0000

All times are UTC - 7 hours

Post new topic This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 35 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3  Next
PostPosted:  

Coop, you have made yourself very clear.

Somehow I am not making myself clear. Let me try again. I don't believe these works are contrary to Urantia teachings. They are in support of them.

Now if you don't have anything useful to add to this thread, please stop commenting. Thank you.

Profile Send private message  

PostPosted:  

'' I don't believe these works are contrary to Urantia teachings. They are in support of them.''

I totaly Disagree ,

I Dont and cant Honestly believe that you have read an studied
the Urantia Book and that you can still Not understand
these works are contrary to The Urantia Book /teachings.

PostPosted:  

And NO Big Al 8)

I Will Not STFU Okay ,

PostPosted:  

Timothy Wylie
Gets Money $$$

For His Bogus Books

That He simply prostitutes his concepts from The
Urantia Book .

PostPosted:  

$$$

https://www.google.com/webhp?sourceid=c ... s&tbm=shop

PostPosted:  

Brother please. He probably spent more in making those than he'll ever recover. It is a pretty small audience for that kind of work.

And all you're doing is making yourself look small-minded. I can only hope visitors to this thread don't assume you represent the entire Urantia community.

Listen, Wylie brought me to the Urantia Book many years ago and brought me back to it again more recently. He has probably brought others to it as well. Instead of insulting him, you should probably thank him. There are also others in the Urantia community that do read him, as one of the earlier posters mentioned.

As for my knowledge of the Urantia Book, I have owned my own copy, am loosely familiar with its contents, and have read some sections in detail. It's a big book. I haven't read it all. So I am not an expert by any means but I am not a total newcomer either.

Believe it or not, I am here on this forum to learn more. So if you can tell me where Wylie's books conflict directly with Urantia teachings, I would be happy to listen to you. That would be a productive discussion.

Last edited by BigAl on Fri Feb 05, 2016 8:11 pm +0000, edited 1 time in total.

PostPosted:  

NO YOU
tell me where/how n why Wylie's books Are similar or the same with /
to The Urantia Book FER teachings.

This IS A Urantia Book Forum ,

Not A Wylie Book Forum ,

The Admin here is very fair , ...

Why believe in a secondary work of the UB Thats contrary to it
by some man that claims contact , channeling from some rebel
angel being , fallen angel ,

Why ,

Why ? Be Naive and trust n believe someone that claims
a story from some fallen rebel ,

How Can you really trust in n believe the so called minion/s
of Satans, Lucifer n Caligastias Rebels , Silly rabbit .

If so ones going into the darkness NOT The Light ,

Sad

PostPosted:  

'' As for my knowledge of the Urantia Book, I have owned my own copy, am loosely familiar with its contents, and have read some sections in detail. It's a big book. I haven't read it all. So I am not an expert by any means but I am not a total newcomer either.''

I Suggest that you actualy read All of the Urantia Book ,
And only until then make a decision , or express your opinion .

PostPosted:  

Okay, I see. You are scared it's a work of evil. Your fear is misplaced. It's not evil. No need to be so black and white about things.

One of the more fascinating ideas that the books put forth is the idea that the Lucifer Rebellion was deliberately facilitated by higher levels of the MA as a way to introduce innovation in to a static system. Ponder that.

Also the idea that the Lucifer Rebellion was adjudicated and the quarantine lifted is not unique to Wylie. I just saw it mentioned in two other places. Ever consider the possibility that there is new info since 1955?

PostPosted:  

If I knew everything about the Urantia Book, I wouldn't need to be on a forum would I.

Or is this where the know-it-alls come to hassle anyone that doesn't believe the exact same thing as they do? :)

PostPosted:  

Whatever My Brother 8)

Believe whatever you wish ,

I Fear No Evil ,

I Just will Never embrace it , nor be decieved by
those that do ,

Last edited by coop on Fri Feb 05, 2016 9:04 pm +0000, edited 1 time in total.

PostPosted:  

Brother Al

Do you agree with this or disagree ?

3. The Lucifer Manifesto

53:3.1 (603.2) Whatever the early origins of trouble in the hearts of Lucifer and Satan, the final outbreak took form as the Lucifer Declaration of Liberty. The cause of the rebels was stated under three heads:

53:3.2 (603.3) 1. The reality of the Universal Father. Lucifer charged that the Universal Father did not really exist, that physical gravity and space-energy were inherent in the universe, and that the Father was a myth invented by the Paradise Sons to enable them to maintain the rule of the universes in the Father’s name. He denied that personality was a gift of the Universal Father. He even intimated that the finaliters were in collusion with the Paradise Sons to foist fraud upon all creation since they never brought back a very clear-cut idea of the Father’s actual personality as it is discernible on Paradise. He traded on reverence as ignorance. The charge was sweeping, terrible, and blasphemous. It was this veiled attack upon the finaliters that no doubt influenced the ascendant citizens then on Jerusem to stand firm and remain steadfast in resistance to all the rebel’s proposals.

53:3.3 (603.4) 2. The universe government of the Creator Son — Michael. Lucifer contended that the local systems should be autonomous. He protested against the right of Michael, the Creator Son, to assume sovereignty of Nebadon in the name of a hypothetical Paradise Father and require all personalities to acknowledge allegiance to this unseen Father. He asserted that the whole plan of worship was a clever scheme to aggrandize the Paradise Sons. He was willing to acknowledge Michael as his Creator-father but not as his God and rightful ruler.

53:3.4 (603.5) Most bitterly did he attack the right of the Ancients of Days — “foreign potentates” — to interfere in the affairs of the local systems and universes. These rulers he denounced as tyrants and usurpers. He exhorted his followers to believe that none of these rulers could do aught to interfere with the operation of complete home rule if men and angels only had the courage to assert themselves and boldly claim their rights.

53:3.5 (603.6) He contended that the executioners of the Ancients of Days could be debarred from functioning in the local systems if the native beings would only assert their independence. He maintained that immortality was inherent in the system personalities, that resurrection was natural and automatic, and that all beings would live eternally except for the arbitrary and unjust acts of the executioners of the Ancients of Days.

53:3.6 (604.1) 3. The attack upon the universal plan of ascendant mortal training. Lucifer maintained that far too much time and energy were expended upon the scheme of so thoroughly training ascending mortals in the principles of universe administration, principles which he alleged were unethical and unsound. He protested against the agelong program for preparing the mortals of space for some unknown destiny and pointed to the presence of the finaliter corps on Jerusem as proof that these mortals had spent ages of preparation for some destiny of pure fiction. With derision he pointed out that the finaliters had encountered a destiny no more glorious than to be returned to humble spheres similar to those of their origin. He intimated that they had been debauched by overmuch discipline and prolonged training, and that they were in reality traitors to their mortal fellows since they were now co-operating with the scheme of enslaving all creation to the fictions of a mythical eternal destiny for ascending mortals. He advocated that ascenders should enjoy the liberty of individual self-determination. He challenged and condemned the entire plan of mortal ascension as sponsored by the Paradise Sons of God and supported by the Infinite Spirit.

53:3.7 (604.2) And it was with such a Declaration of Liberty that Lucifer launched his orgy of darkness and death.

PostPosted:  

Wylie's work agrees with that 100%.

PostPosted:  

I can appreciate the fact that you are coming from a good place. You think Wylie's work is a false teaching and want to protect people from it.

1) But if you haven't read his stuff, you don't know what you are protecting us from.
2) We are all adults. We can make up our own minds.

PostPosted:  

Yep

So be it.

Post new topic This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 35 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3  Next