Urantia Book Forum

Urantia Book Discussion Board : Study Group
It is currently Wed Nov 20, 2019 8:14 pm +0000

All times are UTC - 7 hours

Post subject: Response Ability
PostPosted:  

Greetings friends and fellow students!!

I am starting a new topic I hope will inspire your participation and conversation about a topic that has been important in my life for a long time - even before the Urantia Book found me over 35 years ago. I'll not post any quotes just yet but a key word search of "response", "responsive", and "responsiveness" will lead you to much that is written on the subject. I imagine many of you will have your own experiences related and perspectives which might be beneficial to all truth seekers and pilgrims in the spirit.

First, a brief mention of "responsibility" as opposed to response-ability or responsible vs. response-able. I'd like to make a distinction clearly here. The premise of the original term karma or reaping what we sow declares that for all of us our situation and our circumstances are determined, primarily, by our free will choices (three notable exceptions: first, there are those too young and those in the grips of disaster, war, famine, and other forms of suffering which are NOT their responsibility; second, every individual is also subject to social-karma or that collective situation and circumstance which we did not create by choice and are born into and subjects of regardless of our personal choices; third are the true accidents and other physical events like weather and geological events). There are many who choose to believe they are victims of others in all ways and that only others can change or improve their circumstances/situation. There are even some academics and "scientists" that claim there really is no free will at all...we are preprogrammed to respond to stimuli and "apparent" choices but don't really have free will. These issues are not those of my focus or intention here (but all here are free agents with free will I believe so I can't control or predetermine what happens here next).

To the topic at hand. My premise here is that we do not and cannot truly control the future or that which happens to us or transpires in our daily life. That there are many forces at work and, of course, those free will choices by a few billion others we share this world and life with - all of which combine to create constant flux, change, unplanned, and unexpected intersections of free will choice for each of us every day. While some of those are common to us all in life, we appear to each have a rather unique set of intersections to manage and face day to day. You will find many forms of responsiveness for our discussion that exist in the universes of time and space and between time and space and eternity and infinity or the central universe and all its components and the supers and the locals - sympathetic and harmonic effects or this begets that - the universes respond and so do planets respond to retain equilibrium or return to median.

I begin though with how we choose to respond to situations daily as we walk by - in our families, our employment, our community, etc. For while we cannot predetermine our future or determine the choices we face, we DO and MUST choose how we RESPOND to every situation and intersection and relationship and emotion we experience. It is those responses that then determine who we are, who we become, and how ABLE we are to cope, deal, progress, and SERVE. The more response-able we are and become, truly the more control we exert in every situation and the more able we are to take advantage of opportunities to display love and serve others. Our ability thusly enhances our capability. I have contemplated on this for decades and know it is true by experience. There is plenty of corroboration of this important truth from many different sources - including the Urantia Papers. We are in charge of nothing except how we respond to everything.

A related premise is our personal love-response. The first response mentioned is not specifically spiritual and may or may not enhance spirit progress, but the love-response is definitely key to spirit progress. It is my contention (and there is significant UB text in support) that love is God's "secret sauce" and that no matter our ignorance of facts or truth, if we respond to love and extend love to others, we have entered the circles and are making progress in the spirit...we add to soul and to the Supreme with every act of love extended to others and do so regardless of "religion" or lack of "religion", that love is a vital ingredient of and indication of personal religious experience and is so whether we know it or believe it. Remember the cave man story?

Enough for now. This should get us started in discussing Response-Ability and its importance to universe reality and our individual alignment with reality. Free will is power, personal power, and it determines who we are, what we become, and our ability to focus on the more important issues in better ways by our awareness of this personal power to choose...wisely and by love how we are able to serve in the universe and in our daily walk. Think about what "maturity" means - might it include response-ability?

Perhaps I should clearly state that while this awareness has changed my life for the better, I am no expert or master at this...it is my guiding philosophy however although I obviously have much to learn and improve in my personal response-ability. The human emotions of anger, fear, and grief have been the more difficult to manage. When those become our initial response to a situation, it is often so hard to make good free will choices. And bad choices, like good ones, feed into a loop of reality creation for the one making the choices. I hope you find the topic of interest.

Thanks for reading and I look forward to that to come.

Brad 8)

Profile Send private message  
 Post subject: Re: Response Ability
PostPosted:  

Very interesting. This seems to tie into an emerging "self actualization" in us. That is, the more we exercise and grow our ability to choose and do (in the positive sense of course) the more self actualized we become, the more mastery we exert over our surroundings and the more we contribute to the emergence of The Supreme Being.

But the positive repercussions of such action/reaction in the universe are apparently sympathetic. Others in the path of those repercussions benefit and may more easily reach a state of actualization themselves.

PostPosted:  

My Dear Friend an Brother fanofVan, Bradly 8)

Amost Excellant topic my Brother ,

Several things come to mind about it ,

The Reality Response ,

Self Mastery

And The Words of the Master About Love ,

Etc ...

I Will give Quotes an thoughts Later .

Much to think over an share , :idea:

Thanks Brother 8)

Faith Son Coop

PostPosted:  

(1300.2) 118:6.6 In the mortal life, paths of differential conduct are continually opening and closing, and during the times when choice is possible the human personality is constantly deciding between these many courses of action. Temporal volition is linked to time, and it must await the passing of time to find opportunity for expression. Spiritual volition has begun to taste liberation from the fetters of time, having achieved partial escape from time sequence, and that is because spiritual volition is self-identifying with the will of God.

(1108.3) 101:3.4 Through religious faith the soul of man reveals itself and demonstrates the potential divinity of its emerging nature by the characteristic manner in which it induces the mortal personality to react to certain trying intellectual and testing social situations. .....

(1108.16) 101:3.17 We know, then, by three phenomena, that man has a divine spirit or spirits dwelling within him: first, by personal experience — religious faith; second, by revelation — personal and racial; and third, by the amazing exhibition of such extraordinary and unnatural reactions to his material environment as are illustrated by the foregoing recital of twelve spiritlike performances in the presence of the actual and trying situations of real human existence. And there are still others.

(2095.4) 196:3.20 Every time man makes a reflective moral choice, he immediately experiences a new divine invasion of his soul. Moral choosing constitutes religion as the motive of inner response to outer conditions. But such a real religion is not a purely subjective experience. It signifies the whole of the subjectivity of the individual engaged in a meaningful and intelligent response to total objectivity — the universe and its Maker.

(2096.8) 196:3.32 Some men’s lives are too great and noble to descend to the low level of being merely successful. The animal must adapt itself to the environment, but the religious man transcends his environment and in this way escapes the limitations of the present material world through this insight of divine love. This concept of love generates in the soul of man that superanimal effort to find truth, beauty, and goodness; and when he does find them, he is glorified in their embrace; he is consumed with the desire to live them, to do righteousness.

PostPosted:  

the “reality response.”

(191.5) 16:6.2 On a world like Urantia we do not encounter the direct influence of the Seven Master Spirits in the affairs of the human races. You live under the immediate influence of the Creative Spirit of Nebadon. Nevertheless these same Master Spirits dominate the basic reactions of all creature mind because they are the actual sources of the intellectual and spiritual potentials which have been specialized in the local universes for function in the lives of those individuals who inhabit the evolutionary worlds of time and space.

(191.6) 16:6.3 The fact of the cosmic mind explains the kinship of various types of human and superhuman minds. Not only are kindred spirits attracted to each other, but kindred minds are also very fraternal and inclined towards co-operation the one with the other. Human minds are sometimes observed to be running in channels of astonishing similarity and inexplicable agreement.

(191.7) 16:6.4 There exists in all personality associations of the cosmic mind a quality which might be denominated the “reality response.” It is this universal cosmic endowment of will creatures which saves them from becoming helpless victims of the implied a priori assumptions of science, philosophy, and religion. This reality sensitivity of the cosmic mind responds to certain phases of reality just as energy-material responds to gravity. It would be still more correct to say that these supermaterial realities so respond to the mind of the cosmos.

(192.1) 16:6.5 The cosmic mind unfailingly responds (recognizes response) on three levels of universe reality. These responses are self-evident to clear-reasoning and deep-thinking minds. These levels of reality are:

(192.2) 16:6.6 1. Causation — the reality domain of the physical senses, the scientific realms of logical uniformity, the differentiation of the factual and the nonfactual, reflective conclusions based on cosmic response. This is the mathematical form of the cosmic discrimination.

(192.3) 16:6.7 2. Duty — the reality domain of morals in the philosophic realm, the arena of reason, the recognition of relative right and wrong. This is the judicial form of the cosmic discrimination.

(192.4) 16:6.8 3. Worship — the spiritual domain of the reality of religious experience, the personal realization of divine fellowship, the recognition of spirit values, the assurance of eternal survival, the ascent from the status of servants of God to the joy and liberty of the sons of God. This is the highest insight of the cosmic mind, the reverential and worshipful form of the cosmic discrimination.

(192.5) 16:6.9 These scientific, moral, and spiritual insights, these cosmic responses, are innate in the cosmic mind, which endows all will creatures. The experience of living never fails to develop these three cosmic intuitions; they are constitutive in the self-consciousness of reflective thinking. But it is sad to record that so few persons on Urantia take delight in cultivating these qualities of courageous and independent cosmic thinking.

PostPosted:  

Is choosing to do nothing, but perhaps to wait, a way to display love and to serve others?

Or does choosing to do nothing only imply a limited response- ability?

At the intersections of rebellion and default (scientific/causation), one may recognize concepts of right and wrong (moral/duty) and begin to understand the cosmic mind (spiritual/worship). With cosmic intuition will creatures advance. (Adjudication waits)

The red light at the intersection means stop. A right turn on red when it's clear may be safe, but other safe motion requires a GO command. Is the long ascending process that begins here a means of learning the ability to wait? Is waiting a response capacity-stretcher?

I wonder.

teresa

PostPosted:  

Thanks Teresa - you pose one of the many conundrums found for us to acknowledge and determine, this one certainly goes to the topic: the differences between procrastination and patience I think.

(551.3) 48:5.8 One of the purposes of the morontia career is to effect the permanent eradication from the mortal survivors of such animal vestigial traits as procrastination, equivocation, insincerity, problem avoidance, unfairness, and ease seeking. The mansonia life early teaches the young morontia pupils that postponement is in no sense avoidance. After the life in the flesh, time is no longer available as a technique of dodging situations or of circumventing disagreeable obligations.

(1295.5) 118:1.5 In the maturity of the developing self, the past and future are brought together to illuminate the true meaning of the present. As the self matures, it reaches further and further back into the past for experience, while its wisdom forecasts seek to penetrate deeper and deeper into the unknown future. And as the conceiving self extends this reach ever further into both past and future, so does judgment become less and less dependent on the momentary present. In this way does decision-action begin to escape from the fetters of the moving present, while it begins to take on the aspects of past-future significance.

(1295.6) 118:1.6 Patience is exercised by those mortals whose time units are short; true maturity transcends patience by a forbearance born of real understanding.

(1295.7) 118:1.7 To become mature is to live more intensely in the present, at the same time escaping from the limitations of the present. The plans of maturity, founded on past experience, are coming into being in the present in such manner as to enhance the values of the future.

(1295.8) 118:1.8 The time unit of immaturity concentrates meaning-value into the present moment in such a way as to divorce the present of its true relationship to the not-present — the past-future. The time unit of maturity is proportioned so to reveal the co-ordinate relationship of past-present-future that the self begins to gain insight into the wholeness of events, begins to view the landscape of time from the panoramic perspective of broadened horizons, begins perhaps to suspect the nonbeginning, nonending eternal continuum, the fragments of which are called time.

I recall the Master saying the hour has not come until he laid aside his tools on the bench and said the hour has come.

Very interesting Teresa.....thank you.

Riktare wrote:
But the positive repercussions of such action/reaction in the universe are apparently sympathetic. Others in the path of those repercussions benefit and may more easily reach a state of actualization themselves.

Riktare.....yes, there is a harmonic or sympathetic response to all individual choices that are reality aligned I think too. And the more alignment shared by any group of minds results in exponential results far beyond the numeric factors involved. There is a power, energy, and flow....a current if you will....that comes from multiple beings moving together in reality direction. Another such response is the force/power of the spirit gravity circuit:

(82.2) 7:1.3 Spirit realities respond to the drawing power of the center of spiritual gravity in accordance with their qualitative value, their actual degree of spirit nature. Spirit substance (quality) is just as responsive to spirit gravity as the organized energy of physical matter (quantity) is responsive to physical gravity. Spiritual values and spirit forces are real. From the viewpoint of personality, spirit is the soul of creation; matter is the shadowy physical body.

(82.3) 7:1.4 The reactions and fluctuations of spirit gravity are ever true to the content of spiritual values, the qualitative spiritual status of an individual or a world. This drawing power is instantly responsive to the inter- and intraspirit values of any universe situation or planetary condition. Every time a spiritual reality actualizes in the universes, this change necessitates the immediate and instantaneous readjustment of spirit gravity. Such a new spirit is actually a part of the Second Source and Center; and just as certainly as mortal man becomes a spiritized being, he will attain the spiritual Son, the center and source of spirit gravity.

(82.6) 7:1.7 Like the material gravity of Paradise, the spiritual gravity of the Eternal Son is absolute. Sin and rebellion may interfere with the operation of local universe circuits, but nothing can suspend the spirit gravity of the Eternal Son. The Lucifer rebellion produced many changes in your system of inhabited worlds and on Urantia, but we do not observe that the resultant spiritual quarantine of your planet in the least affected the presence and function of either the omnipresent spirit of the Eternal Son or the associated spirit-gravity circuit.

(82.7) 7:1.8 All reactions of the spirit-gravity circuit of the grand universe are predictable. We recognize all actions and reactions of the omnipresent spirit of the Eternal Son and find them to be dependable. In accordance with well-known laws, we can and do measure spiritual gravity just as man attempts to compute the workings of finite physical gravity. There is an unvarying response of the Son’s spirit to all spirit things, beings, and persons, and this response is always in accordance with the degree of actuality (the qualitative degree of reality) of all such spiritual values.

Per coop's contribution we know that our reality response or response ability that is reality aligned increases our response to the spirit gravity circuit and the greater our contribution to soul and to the Supreme as Riktare points out.

Thanks all. 8)

PostPosted:  

The best response to every situation, circumstance, personal encounter, disagreement, tragedy, challenge, and opportunity comes by way of our perspective, our faith, and our confidence in our source and destiny....and our experience as it contributes to our wisdom. We are told that the TA and the Guardians have no interest in a mortal life of ease or one without challenge. All of our days will be spent getting an education and full testing of our "response-ability". It is by our choices that we learn and "become" or ascend and transcend. And we must learn such choosing or responding in the midst of doubt, confusion, great uncertainty, disappointment, and even defeat. We are told that such will become a banquet and feast sometime to come. Might as well develop a taste for it now!!

26:5.3 (291.3) That, then, is the primary or elementary course which confronts the faith-tested and much-traveled pilgrims of space. But long before reaching Havona, these ascendant children of time have learned to feast upon uncertainty, to fatten upon disappointment, to enthuse over apparent defeat, to invigorate in the presence of difficulties, to exhibit indomitable courage in the face of immensity, and to exercise unconquerable faith when confronted with the challenge of the inexplicable. Long since, the battle cry of these pilgrims became: “In liaison with God, nothing — absolutely nothing — is impossible.”

And the Master teaches:

156:5.12 (1739.7) Kingdom believers should possess an implicit faith, a whole-souled belief, in the certain triumph of righteousness. Kingdom builders must be undoubting of the truth of the gospel of eternal salvation. Believers must increasingly learn how to step aside from the rush of life — escape the harassments of material existence — while they refresh the soul, inspire the mind, and renew the spirit by worshipful communion.

156:5.13 (1739.8) God-knowing individuals are not discouraged by misfortune or downcast by disappointment. Believers are immune to the depression consequent upon purely material upheavals; spirit livers are not perturbed by the episodes of the material world. Candidates for eternal life are practitioners of an invigorating and constructive technique for meeting all of the vicissitudes and harassments of mortal living. Every day a true believer lives, he finds it easier to do the right thing.

156:5.14 (1740.1) Spiritual living mightily increases true self-respect. But self-respect is not self-admiration. Self-respect is always co-ordinate with the love and service of one’s fellows. It is not possible to respect yourself more than you love your neighbor; the one is the measure of the capacity for the other.

156:5.15 (1740.2) As the days pass, every true believer becomes more skillful in alluring his fellows into the love of eternal truth. Are you more resourceful in revealing goodness to humanity today than you were yesterday? Are you a better righteousness recommender this year than you were last year? Are you becoming increasingly artistic in your technique of leading hungry souls into the spiritual kingdom?

156:5.16 (1740.3) Are your ideals sufficiently high to insure your eternal salvation while your ideas are so practical as to render you a useful citizen to function on earth in association with your mortal fellows? In the spirit, your citizenship is in heaven; in the flesh, you are still citizens of the earth kingdoms. Render to the Caesars the things which are material and to God those which are spiritual.

156:5.17 (1740.4) The measure of the spiritual capacity of the evolving soul is your faith in truth and your love for man, but the measure of your human strength of character is your ability to resist the holding of grudges and your capacity to withstand brooding in the face of deep sorrow. Defeat is the true mirror in which you may honestly view your real self.

8)

PostPosted:  

Greetings,

We are told by Rodan in Paper 160 that ability is what we inherit, while skill is what we acquire. Which one are we talking about here?

Thanks,
Rexford

PostPosted:  

This is definitely a skill....learned over great time by much practice and error....not much changes in our life for the one who does not learn how to respond better today than yesterday...all the way to Paradise. Response-ability is very related to wisdom.....

From Rodan:

160:4.14 (1779.6) Success may generate courage and promote confidence, but wisdom comes only from the experiences of adjustment to the results of one’s failures. Men who prefer optimistic illusions to reality can never become wise. Only those who face facts and adjust them to ideals can achieve wisdom. Wisdom embraces both the fact and the ideal and therefore saves its devotees from both of those barren extremes of philosophy — the man whose idealism excludes facts and the materialist who is devoid of spiritual outlook. Those timid souls who can only keep up the struggle of life by the aid of continuous false illusions of success are doomed to suffer failure and experience defeat as they ultimately awaken from the dream world of their own imaginations.

160:4.15 (1780.1) And it is in this business of facing failure and adjusting to defeat that the far-reaching vision of religion exerts its supreme influence. Failure is simply an educational episode — a cultural experiment in the acquirement of wisdom — in the experience of the God-seeking man who has embarked on the eternal adventure of the exploration of a universe. To such men defeat is but a new tool for the achievement of higher levels of universe reality.

8)

PostPosted:  

108:5.8 "The Thought Adjusters would like to change your feelings of fear to convictions of love and confidence; but they cannot mechanically and arbitrarily do such things; that is your task. In executing those decisions which deliver you from the fetters of fear, you literally supply the psychic fulcrum on which the Adjuster may subsequently apply a spiritual lever of uplifting and advancing illumination."

PostPosted:  

Greetings,

In regards to wisdom, we're told in Paper 88 that we, the people of Urantia, have just recently moved towards respecting both wisdom and truth, having just recently escaped from fetish-making to higher levels of thinking.

I think wisdom is certainly a goal for this age. Wisdom is the one thing we are told to never hesitate to ask God for help with, particularly as we attack the myriad problems of living. (Paper 91).

Also, the search for wisdom is actually philosophy (Paper 102), and philosophy is man's attempt to unify human experience. (Paper 196) Mind is always striving towards unity; actually, in Paper 102 we are told that mind IS unity. The search for wisdom, in a way, is a search for unity between thinking and experience.

I would say that the skill to discern God's wisdom is what we are asked to develop. And it is our thoughts that lead us Godward in our search for his wisdom and his will. Philosophy helps us coordinate and unify our experiences on earth, while attempting to align them with God's will, on a soul-level.

In Friendship,
Rexford

PostPosted:  

We are taught that the universe of universes is one vast university of higher (and yet higher) education. We are also taught that for mortals, or material mortals anyway, that the only way to measure or discern wisdom and spirit progress is by the fruits of the spirit demonstrated by the more mature and more wise compared to the less mature and less wise. But this is not the case at any time further into our ascension career, nor do I think it is true for the midwayers, angels, Sons, etc. who reside in time and space. Progress is measured precisely, unerringly, and authoritatively in all other beings and in mortal ascenders from the time of our awakening in mansonia.

45:7.6 (518.2) Suffrage is universal on Jerusem among these three groups of citizenship, but the vote is differentially cast in accordance with the recognized and duly registered personal possession of mota — morontia wisdom. The vote cast at a Jerusem election by any one personality has a value ranging from one up to one thousand. Jerusem citizens are thus classified in accordance with their mota achievement.

45:7.7 (518.3) From time to time Jerusem citizens present themselves to the Melchizedek examiners, who certify to their attainment of morontia wisdom. Then they go before the examining corps of the Brilliant Evening Stars or their designates, who ascertain the degree of spirit insight. Next they appear in the presence of the four and twenty counselors and their associates, who pass upon their status of experiential attainment of socialization. These three factors are then carried to the citizenship registrars of representative government, who quickly compute the mota status and assign suffrage qualifications in accordance therewith.

45:7.8 (518.4) Under the supervision of the Melchizedeks the ascending mortals, especially those who are tardy in their personality unification on the new morontia levels, are taken in hand by the Material Sons and are given intensive training designed to rectify such deficiencies. No ascending mortal leaves the system headquarters for the more extensive and varied socialization career of the constellation until these Material Sons certify to the achievement of mota personality — an individuality combining the completed mortal existence in experiential association with the budding morontia career, both being duly blended by the spiritual overcontrol of the Thought Adjuster.

Me here: When considering the need to learn how to better respond to any given circumstance or situation, it should be clear that this response-ability is not merely a mortal issue. All beings at all levels of the universe are also in this business of response and the Supreme is the ultimate repository and unifier of all worthy responses experienced in every creature's life. The collective response of all from beginning to end of time is creating, in a way, the ultimate force of response-wisdom.

Life Carriers must be responsive. The Most Highs too. The Guardians. And our TA. All deal with the unanticipated or unexpected which trillions upon trillions of beings create individually and collectively. Response-ability is a universal function shared by all beings but one (or arguably three).

2:2.6 (36.4) God is eternally and infinitely perfect, he cannot personally know imperfection as his own experience, but he does share the consciousness of all the experience of imperfectness of all the struggling creatures of the evolutionary universes of all the Paradise Creator Sons. The personal and liberating touch of the God of perfection overshadows the hearts and encircuits the natures of all those mortal creatures who have ascended to the universe level of moral discernment. In this manner, as well as through the contacts of the divine presence, the Universal Father actually participates in the experience with immaturity and imperfection in the evolving career of every moral being of the entire universe. *

2:2.7 (36.5) Human limitations, potential evil, are not a part of the divine nature, but mortal experience with evil and all man’s relations thereto are most certainly a part of God’s ever-expanding self-realization in the children of time — creatures of moral responsibility who have been created or evolved by every Creator Son going out from Paradise.

8)

PostPosted:  

Regarding the purpose and functionality of response-ability:

32:3.9 (361.4) The perfection of the creatures of time, when finally achieved, is wholly an acquirement, a bona fide personality possession. While the elements of grace are freely admixed, nevertheless, the creature attainments are the result of individual effort and actual living, personality reaction to the existing environment.

32:3.10 (361.5) The fact of animal evolutionary origin does not attach stigma to any personality in the sight of the universe as that is the exclusive method of producing one of the two basic types of finite intelligent will creatures. When the heights of perfection and eternity are attained, all the more honor to those who began at the bottom and joyfully climbed the ladder of life, round by round, and who, when they do reach the heights of glory, will have gained a personal experience which embodies an actual knowledge of every phase of life from the bottom to the top.

32:3.11 (361.6) In all this is shown the wisdom of the Creators. It would be just as easy for the Universal Father to make all mortals perfect beings, to impart perfection by his divine word. But that would deprive them of the wonderful experience of the adventure and training associated with the long and gradual inward climb, an experience to be had only by those who are so fortunate as to begin at the very bottom of living existence.

32:3.12 (362.1) In the universes encircling Havona there are provided only a sufficient number of perfect creatures to meet the need for pattern teacher guides for those who are ascending the evolutionary scale of life. The experiential nature of the evolutionary type of personality is the natural cosmic complement of the ever-perfect natures of the Paradise-Havona creatures. In reality, both perfect and perfected creatures are incomplete as regards finite totality. But in the complemental association of the existentially perfect creatures of the Paradise-Havona system with the experientially perfected finaliters ascending from the evolutionary universes, both types find release from inherent limitations and thus may conjointly attempt to reach the sublime heights of the ultimate of creature status.

32:3.13 (362.2) These creature transactions are the universe repercussions of actions and reactions within the Sevenfold Deity, wherein the eternal divinity of the Paradise Trinity is conjoined with the evolving divinity of the Supreme Creators of the time-space universes in, by, and through the power-actualizing Deity of the Supreme Being.

32:3.14 (362.3) The divinely perfect creature and the evolutionary perfected creature are equal in degree of divinity potential, but they differ in kind. Each must depend on the other to attain supremacy of service. The evolutionary superuniverses depend on perfect Havona to provide the final training for their ascending citizens, but so does the perfect central universe require the existence of the perfecting superuniverses to provide for the full development of its descending inhabitants.

32:3.15 (362.4) The two prime manifestations of finite reality, innate perfection and evolved perfection, be they personalities or universes, are co-ordinate, dependent, and integrated. Each requires the other to achieve completion of function, service, and destiny.

32:5.7 (365.3) There is in the mind of God a plan which embraces every creature of all his vast domains, and this plan is an eternal purpose of boundless opportunity, unlimited progress, and endless life. And the infinite treasures of such a matchless career are yours for the striving!

32:5.8 (365.4) The goal of eternity is ahead! The adventure of divinity attainment lies before you! The race for perfection is on! whosoever will may enter, and certain victory will crown the efforts of every human being who will run the race of faith and trust, depending every step of the way on the leading of the indwelling Adjuster and on the guidance of that good spirit of the Universe Son, which so freely has been poured out upon all flesh.

How will we respond to such a call???!!!
:idea: 8)

PostPosted:  

Greetings fanofVan,

You wrote:
fanofVan wrote:
We are also taught that for mortals, or material mortals anyway, that the only way to measure or discern wisdom and spirit progress is by the fruits of the spirit demonstrated by the more mature and more wise compared to the less mature and less wise. But this is not the case at any time further into our ascension career, nor do I think it is true for the midwayers, angels, Sons, etc. who reside in time and space. Progress is measured precisely, unerringly, and authoritatively in all other beings and in mortal ascenders from the time of our awakening in mansonia.

I've been thinking about this and I'm having trouble understanding the last two sentences above. What is not the case further in our ascension career? What is not the case for midwayers and angels? A way to measure spiritual progress? I'm confused.

I thought that spiritual progress was measurable by one's usefulness to other's, one's mastery of self with resulting selflessness. Undoubtedly, a certain amount of this can be accomplished in this life. What do you mean by saying that progress is measured from the time of our awakening on mansonia? I'm not following you.

Thanks in advance,
Rexford