Urantia Book Forum

Urantia Book Discussion Board : Study Group
It is currently Thu Dec 03, 2020 9:51 am +0000

All times are UTC - 7 hours

PostPosted:  

Hi Tigran,

Vesica Piscis

Foci separated to infinity and beyond, "full circle" across the infinity divide till it reverses or inverts to a single focus again and hyperbolic space becomes focused on Paradise, ALL IN AN INSTANT!

See Kepler's projective concept of the conic sections. You can see the steps. I think Kepler was of the reserve corp of destiny.

Regards, Louis

Profile Send private message  
PostPosted:  

@loucal, "...The metaphysical fallacy is that a line is the shortest distance between two points. This is not true. As I have noted before, a line is an idea. It is not a physical reality. It is one dimensional and has no time or space. A line does not move, even if you put arrows at the ends. Nothing can move in a straight line. The only path from one point or instant to another is a circular arc. Motion must have a center. That center is unmoving Paradise...."

wow, my computer virus protection is working overtime on this site today, whassup with dat?

Meanwhile in that "auto zone" where people and their vehicles are located in space and time suffering from "accidents of time" - are they geometrically miscalculating or are they all quantanizing (made the word up) on that circular "line" at the same time - that space in between the spin?

But where you've gone in your imagination is priceless - "Nothing can move in a straight line".

You certainly are disrupting many situations - I'll tell everyone who drinks and drives that they can challenge authority with the certainly provided by a UB minted genius - "Nothing can move in a straight line". :roll:

PostPosted:  

@ IMS

I Must Speak wrote:
You certainly are disrupting many situations - I'll tell everyone who drinks and drives that they can challenge authority with the certainly provided by a UB minted genius - "Nothing can move in a straight line".

Yea, you can tell the cop the world is round and didn't he learn that in grade school. You can refuse to be forced to do the impossible. Then make a beeline for the lawyer's office. :mrgreen:

PostPosted:  

@loucal

Fortunately. I never acquired a taste for booze or other chemicals.

I always say, "...if I had been Lady Diana's driver or Kennedy Jr.'s pilot, they would still be alive...."

PostPosted:  

loucol wrote:
Hi Tigran,

Vesica Piscis

Foci separated to infinity and beyond, "full circle" across the infinity divide till it reverses or inverts to a single focus again and hyperbolic space becomes focused on Paradise, ALL IN AN INSTANT!

You probably know this already Tigran.

Any two intersecting circles maybe inverted into concentric circles. The inversion distance is the natural logarithm of the ratio of radii of the concentric circles.

Regards, Louis

PostPosted:  

Hmmm, that concept might have some real usefulness. You're really performing a conformal map http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Conformal_map.

Could you describe the process of inversion into concentric circles? This page describes inversion geometry http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Inversive_geometry.

This perks my interest because of the possible connection to the 860 factor that is primary (according to TUB) in Quantum Mechanics.

PostPosted:  

Hi Steve,
Given the case of a circle with infinite radius we don't just have a line, we have a perpendicular line. The radius remains as an infinite line and the circle loses its curvature. Thus the relationship between radius and circle becomes a relationship of line perpendicular to itself. There can only be one line.

Circles simultaneously perpendicular to two perpendicular "lines" are concentric.

Two intersecting circles have a radical axis that is the line connecting the two points of intersection. The line that connects the center of the two circles is then perpendicular to the radical axis of the two circles. They are then said to be perpendicular circles and, therefore, concentric.

This is equally true for circles that do not intersect, since every pair of circles has a radical axis.

Two circles that intersect in zero, one , or two places are inverted to other circle that intersect in the same number of places.

A funny thing happens, however, if the two circles are tangent at their centers. In this case their will be two parallel lines that "meet at infinity". If a line and a circle are tangent at 0, then the inverse of the circle will be parallel to the line which is inverted into itself.

But since parallel lines cannot exist, the line that inverts into itself serves to inverse infinity. Infinity 'comes full circle' and the tensions between the Deity Absolute and the Unqualified Absolute are resolved in the Universal Absolute.

This is what I think happened in Tigran's two diagrams. In pulling apart the centers of the circle they remained concentric by the above analysis. Then when they pulled apart to the point where the two centers were tangent, there was an instantaneous release of tension and the flash of spaces appeared. There are no intermediaries. It is instantaneous. It is not a process, it is an eternity function.

Remember that a line is an infinite velocity. (a circle of infinite radius)

A point is an infinite acceleration. (a circle of zero radius)

Infinite velocity perpendicular to itself is concentric to radius zero, infinite acceleration.

Concentric circles and perpendicular lines are one. One and the same.

Regards, Louis

PostPosted:  

Something curious (that I do not at all understand) happens when you have not two but three circles to begin with.

Here is the case of a circle passing between two others:

What is curious is asymmetry --- while the moving circle is on the left of the two static ones some strange things happen (e.g. the appearance of small dynamic "correlation" objects between the static ones "out of nowhere" and disappearance --- just like in phase space QM where we have the correlation of two gaussian wave packets in between), but as it reaches far enough to the right everything becomes very "local" and continuous.

And here we have two circles in motion:

Here again we have something curious when the circles are close enough and things become "local" as they get far enough away.

This appearance and disappearance "out of nowhere" probably suggests that I am trying to model a phenomenon which is inherently higher-than-two-dimensional and so the two-dimensional plane simply cannot contain "all of it" and it shows just the flat projections of the real dynamics of space. And Jesus did hint that ultimately it should be 7-dimensional, so I suppose I need to think about how to move this whole thing to dimensions higher than 2. This is not at all obvious at the moment :)

PostPosted:  

Hi Tigran,
In addition to what I mentioned in PM I have to tell you what I see in your program after starring at it for some time. This is fascinating what you are doing and I think that you can do modeling in 2 dimensions as you have done. It is just a matter of interpretation.

tigran wrote:
This appearance and disappearance "out of nowhere" probably suggests that I am trying to model a phenomenon which is inherently higher-than-two-dimensional and so the two-dimensional plane simply cannot contain "all of it" and it shows just the flat projections of the real dynamics of space.

"Out of nowhere" is out of space-time. It appears into and out of space-time. Even though we see your program in two dimensions, the motion you added automatically places it into 7-dimensional space-time.

This is the problem with this model in particular as I see it. It would be much clearer if all three circles where in motion. Their motions need to be mutually orthogonal (concentric) at all times and simultaneously. They can never separate their centers more than their radius. This keeps them concentric.

Nature is always orthogonal, always symmetric, always simultaneous, always non-local.

Motion always seeks its source, rest. All motion must always add up to stillness.

All motion mimics stillness by moving in infinite directions simultaneously. Allow me to explain. Let us take the absolute motions of rotation and respiration.

A sphere in rotation and respiration has every point on its surface moving in infinite directions because the is motion along its radii. There are infinite radii. As the sphere expands it expands in infinite directions simultaneously. As it contracts, it contracts from infinite directions toward the center, simultaneously. Rotation allows for relative motion across the equator, counter rotation.

Motion is the other side of the coin of stillness. If we move in and from infinite directions, we are essentially still. In The Infinite we move and have our being. We move in stillness :smile:

Regards, Louis

PostPosted:  

Ok, I will investigate what happens when all three circles are in motion and will let you know what happens.