Urantia Book Forum

Urantia Book Discussion Board : Study Group
It is currently Sun Feb 23, 2020 4:32 am +0000

All times are UTC - 7 hours

PostPosted:  

The Syrian crisis is an international problem and it needs an international government to solve it. It cannot be solved by the United States of America (USA) alone. It should be solved by the United Nations of Urantia (UNU). It is high time the nations of the world come together as one and give a teeth to the existing United Nations to enforce its promulgated international norms. The world is now facing so much global problems (environmental, economic, social, political, etc) that it needs a real international government to take care of them. The world has already shrunk and people are now interconnected that anyone can know what’s going on anywhere at any time. The world can now be easily governed centrally. A creation of a real United Nations of Urantia is now overdue.

Profile Send private message  
PostPosted:  

Hi Ysmael, The problem is that the nations of the world strongly disagree about what should or shouldn’t be done about Syria (Assad and/or the rebels). I agree that the current Syrian crisis cannot be solved by the US alone, but (as it is) it apparently also cannot be solved by the UN. The world may need international government and this may be theoretically possible. But I guess we are still far removed from world wide consensus about how to handle crises such as the one now developing in the middle east.

There seems to be too much evil going on in Syria and there’s too much (western) material interest (ultimately oil) involved. Unless TUB’s era of global light and life is near, I don’t think the world is ready to trust any world government any time soon. In that sense, the dynamics and governmental diversity of different nations is the best we can do right now..

PostPosted:  

Quote:
Hi Ysmael, The problem is that the nations of the world strongly disagree about what should or shouldn’t be done about Syria (Assad and/or the rebels). I agree that the current Syrian crisis cannot be solved by the US alone, but (as it is) it apparently also cannot be solved by the UN. The world may need international government and this may be theoretically possible. But I guess we are still far removed from world wide consensus about how to handle crises such as the one now developing in the middle east.

There seems to be too much evil going on in Syria and there’s too much (western) material interest (ultimately oil) involved. Unless TUB’s era of global light and life is near, I don’t think the world is ready to trust any world government any time soon. In that sense, the dynamics and governmental diversity of different nations is the best we can do right now..

Yes I couldn't agree more. The issue with the UN is they honestly do not know what the right thing to do is. Nobody really seems to know what to do lol. One of the issues with our planet is we are still laboring under all of those sophistries of the rebellion. There is no "system" to fix that. "civilization doesn't make the people, the people make the civilization". In other words its up to the people to gain the understanding first, and then come together. Once there is some cosmic perspective then the issue of world government will take care of itself. The people with cosmic perspective will be able to see just how to form this government and all the other little details.

If we were to try and establish a world government now we would be forcing something on people that have no cosmic consciousness to understand why a world government is good. The only way to do it would be threw violent means. People are not willing to surrender their nationalistic agenda for the good of the planet until they become unselfish. We will get there though!!! Eventually :).

Thehapyandefectivepersonismotivatednotbyfearofwrongdoingbutby
loveofrightdoing

PostPosted:  

The present United Nations Organization was formed after the two World Wars. Another World War might be necessary for world leaders to realize the need to have a real World government.

PostPosted:  

1.NWO vs Global Caliphate.

OR

2. Conspiracy theories; The freemason the illumanti and the Reptile humanoid and aliens take over; says excatly just that; ie a one world government.

my gosh! :?

PostPosted:  

YSMAEL wrote:
The Syrian crisis is an international problem and it needs an international government to solve it. It cannot be solved by the United States of America (USA) alone. It should be solved by the United Nations of Urantia (UNU). It is high time the nations of the world come together as one and give a teeth to the existing United Nations to enforce its promulgated international norms. The world is now facing so much global problems (environmental, economic, social, political, etc) that it needs a real international government to take care of them. The world has already shrunk and people are now interconnected that anyone can know what’s going on anywhere at any time. The world can now be easily governed centrally. A creation of a real United Nations of Urantia is now overdue.

I disagree. I think a world government along the lines of the Urantia Book would have to be a gradual development based on the teachings of Jesus. People's hearts would have to change first.

As far as what's going on in Syria, it's worth noting that the rebels are linked with Al Qaeda and have been persecuting Christians, either killing them or driving them out of the country, many of whom were Christian refugees from Iraq. For all we know, it was the rebels, not the Assad government, that used chemical weapons.

PostPosted:  

Quote:
I disagree. I think a world government along the lines of the Urantia Book would have to be a gradual development based on the teachings of Jesus. People's hearts would have to change first.

I agree. The process is part of evolution and we know that the evolution of the brotherhood of man is gradual and slow but we also know that there are part of evolution that are sudden like a snapping of a rubber band. What I am saying in the above is that the social condition maybe ripe for a sudden leap of evolution, like the sudden change of people's thinking after the two world wars, when they thought of creating the United Nations Organization. But perhaps this current Syrian crisis might not be enough catalyst for sudden change. This world might need a worst situation for people to wake up.

PostPosted:  

YSMAEL wrote:
Quote:

I agree. The process is part of evolution and we know that the evolution of the brotherhood of man is gradual and slow but we also know that there are part of evolution that are sudden like a snapping of a rubber band. What I am saying in the above is that the social condition maybe ripe for a sudden leap of evolution, like the sudden change of people's thinking after the two world wars, when they thought of creating the United Nations Organization. But perhaps this current Syrian crisis might not be enough catalyst for sudden change. This world might need a worst situation for people to wake up.

In terms of there being a sudden leap in mankind's spiritual evolution, I believed that about 2012 and I was wrong.

For a book on one world government from a Urantian's perspective, I recommend this:
http://www.amazon.com/One-World-Democra ... n+belitsos

I personally haven't read the book but I am familiar with the author, Byron Belitsos.

PostPosted:  

Yoder777 wrote:
YSMAEL wrote:
Quote:

In terms of there being a sudden leap in mankind's spiritual evolution, I believed that about 2012 and I was wrong.

For a book on one world government from a Urantian's perspective, I recommend this:
http://www.amazon.com/One-World-Democra ... n+belitsos

I personally haven't read the book but I am familiar with the author, Byron Belitsos.

WAW!!
Very interesting indeed !

That's actually good to see. That someone is doing something about it, at least in his own way.

I am often tormented by the fact that I can't do anything with the knowledge I have about the UB except live my life gradually and try and show the fruits of the spirit through my daily work..but, when you are faced with crisis like this, I can't help but think, "what can I do about it !! How can I use my UB knowledge to help.."

I was born Lebanese, I am in Lebanon right now, that's right next to Syria, if a war was to happen, We would most definitely be affected by it, most DIRECTLY...

And so, I once entertained the Idea of going in there and being a mother Theresa or a Ghandi, its funny now, because I know that I would've been killed in an instant. How do you know what to do, how do you get the courage and steadfastness , and ASSURANCE that it is the RIGHT thing, that it is Father's way, to DO IT. HOW??

only one thought keeps knocking : PRAYER, communion, UN-fettered communion...so that I'd be grown and educated by the spirit, nurtured and rooted in it.

when you read thoughts like:

Quote:
134:5.12 Peace will not come to Urantia until every so-called sovereign nation surrenders its power to make war into the hands of a representative government of all mankind. Political sovereignty is innate with the peoples of the world. When all the peoples of Urantia create a world government, they have the right and the power to make such a government SOVEREIGN; and when such a representative or democratic world power controls the world’s land, air, and naval forces, peace on earth and good will among men can prevail — but not until then.

I mean , YSMAEL, your words can be so very painfully true.
Quote:
But perhaps this current Syrian crisis might not be enough catalyst for sudden change. This world might need a worst situation for people to wake up.

and here's TUB backing it up

Quote:
134:6.4 Another world war will teach the so-called sovereign nations to form some sort of federation, thus creating the machinery for preventing small wars, wars between the lesser nations. But global wars will go on until the government of mankind is created. Global sovereignty will prevent global wars — nothing else can.

But you know what...If that's what it takes to form it...Then let it COME!
What am I to fear? death by a BOMB? torture? rape to my loved ones? hunger? dread ?...Ugly thoughts...but if I know that right after that, the world government will start forming...then that's a soothing thought..

Finally, something good came out of my life!

PostPosted:  

With regard to the Syrian crisis, what if there is no solution? It almost seems as if it is line with the gargantuate stuggle between the orange and green races. One side being smaller in numbers but possessing superior resources and culture, the other side not willing to be disadvantaged. Both sides willing to utterly destroy the other at any cost.

PostPosted:  

Riktare wrote:
With regard to the Syrian crisis, what if there is no solution? It almost seems as if it is line with the gargantuate stuggle between the orange and green races. One side being smaller in numbers but possessing superior resources and culture, the other side not willing to be disadvantaged. Both sides willing to utterly destroy the other at any cost.
Hi Riktare. :) I agree that there appears to be no solution to the Syrian crisis; but not to suggest that a general crisis between secular (western) capitalism and (eastern) religious extremism (which is after all capitalist/poverty induced) can’t be solved..

PostPosted:  

I'm a little confused about the "two" sides here. The entire Middle East is torn assunder now and the past 10+ years and the next 10+ years by two primary antogonists...both Muslim...the Sunni and Shiite. The western coalition invaded precisely to destablize the region by making the radical elements stay home and fight. And they have turned these two denominations against each other and governments against radicals. The Israili question is nearly mute and moot both. And now, with North America the biggest oil production for the first time in decades and the new natural gas industry exploding.....the middle east is rapidly approaching irrelevancy and mutual self destruction politically and culturally. These the nations that spawned and harbored and financed and protected radical terrorism and totalitarianism as a substitute for reasonable and responsible governance.

The West is hardly innocent here....don't get me wrong. But the two "sides" are not western and mid eastern or christian and muslim or jewish and muslim. Reason is struggling with the unreasonableness of an entire region and culture dominated by mullahs, strong men, drug cartels, arms dealers, and killers....who are busily killing each other and any other in between them. The biggest casualties in this barbarism are muslim children and women and the old and the sick. Unemployment often runs over 50% among those under 30. Ignorance and illiteracy is staggering. Fear and hate drive dailly life and politics. It's a sick, sick place. And so sad. And they will be poor again within 2 generations while squandering their national wealth on weapons and wars. They can't run out of oil soon enough in my book. Perhaps poverty will once again civilize them? The mid east is its own greatest enemy. The snake eating itself alive.

PostPosted:  

well if the people in the barbaric nations of "the west" insist on judging the barbaric have-not nations of the world according to their own standards of quasi-civilization and without living up to their own ideals then perhaps they aren't yet ready to govern.

PostPosted:  

Agreed. It's interesting to consider that fear plus greed is a step up from fear plus hate. The west is not ready to govern the world. We are too self interested and self serving still. We are early still in this evolution. The west has demonstrated many ways to make things worse in the Mideast....wonder what we might do to make things any better? Can we stop or prevent muslims from killing one another? They're not doing so here in the west.....muslims killing one another I mean. Religions that cannot accept other religions are doomed. Islam has many historical moments when it was the "keeper" of civilization, tolerance, and progress. What went so wrong?

PostPosted:  

fanofVan wrote:
… wonder what we might do to make things any better? Can we stop or prevent muslims from killing one another? They're not doing so here in the west.....muslims killing one another I mean. Religions that cannot accept other religions are doomed. Islam has many historical moments when it was the "keeper" of civilization, tolerance, and progress. What went so wrong?
Hi FanofVan. :) Even all radical extremist factions in overall Islam taken together is just a tiny minority. But (mysteriously) they are being armed and supported and thus manipulated (apparently) to create large scale chaos (e.g.) in the middle east region. As far as western agendas are involved in this scheme, I see great possibilities to make things better..