Urantia Book Forum

Urantia Book Discussion Board : Study Group
It is currently Tue Oct 15, 2019 3:43 pm +0000

All times are UTC - 7 hours

Post subject: Defaulting
PostPosted:  

It would appear IMO that Adam and Eve came very close to joining their fellow Material Sons and Daughters into Rebellion. Fortunately they were able to stop themselves before they went over the cliff, but they IMO stepped close to the edge. IMO Adam and Eve are good lessons for us all because I believe we often read TUB and think to ourselves there is no possible way would we ever join the rebellion. However just to say that we won't because of sheer human will may be a mistake. IMO The only way to really avoid error and default which can develop into evil and sin is to become sophistry proof, and IMO one of the best ways to become sophistry proof is to study what exactly the Lucifer Rebellion was promoting so that we can learn what not to do. Here are a few quotes about Adam and Eve, it would appear that they both withstood all the evil advice from Caligastia, however while doing that they also seemed to cultivate their own error and managed to evolve that into evil all on their own.

Quote:
75:1.4.They were isolated, and the tremendous sense of loneliness which bore down
upon them was all the more heightened by the early departure of the
Melchizedek receivers

2. Caligastia's Plot

75:2.1.Caligastia paid frequent visits to the Garden and held many conferences with Adam and Eve, but they were adamant to all his suggestions of compromise and short-cut adventures

5:2.4.It was farthest from Eve's intention ever to do anything which would militate against Adam's plans or jeopardize their planetary trust. Knowing the tendency of woman to look upon immediate results rather than to plan farsightedly for more remote effects, the Melchizedeks, before departing, had especially enjoined Eve as to the peculiar dangers besetting their isolated position on the planet and had in particular warned her never to stray from the side of her mate, that is, to attempt no personal or secret methods of furthering their mutual undertakings

5:8.4.

In estimating the results of the Adamic mission on your world, justice demands the recognition of the condition of the planet. Adam was confronted with a well-nigh hopeless task when, with his beautiful mate, he was transported from Jerusem to this dark and confused planet. But had they been guided by the counsel of the Melchizedeks and their associates, and had they been more patient, they would have eventually met with success. But Eve listened to the insidious propaganda of personal liberty and planetary freedom of action. She was led to experiment with the life plasm of the material order of sonship in that she allowed this life trust to become prematurely commingled with that of the then mixed order of the original design of the Life Carriers which had been previously combined with that of the reproducing beings once attached to the staff of the Planetary Prince.

(1302.4) 118:8.7 The iniquity of Caligastia was the by-passing of the time governor of progressive human liberation — the gratuitous destruction of restraining barriers, barriers which the mortal minds of those times had not experientially overridden.

(1302.6) 118:8.9 Lucifer similarly sought to disrupt the time governor operating in restraint of the premature attainment of certain liberties in the local system.

67:5.1.Great confusion reigned in Dalamatia and thereabout for almost fifty years after the instigation of rebellion. The complete and radical reorganization of the whole world was attempted; revolution displaced evolution as the policy of cultural advancement and racial improvement.

67:5.3.The Caligastia scheme for the immediate reconstruction of human society in accordance with his ideas of individual freedom and group liberties, proved a swift and more or less complete failure.

Reading these quotes it would seem that impatience and the desire to see results sooner than god has ordained through natural evolution can lead to error which can quickly evolve into evil(unintentional disloyalty to deity) and then that can ultimately lead to sin (intentional disloyalty to deity).

So how do we know if we are asserting our own desire to see results? How can we discern if we are actually following the way of god and striding step with letting his will flow at the appropriate time? The default of Adam and Eve is stated to be the "premature" commingling of their life plasm. So basically all they did was do gods will yet at the wrong moment. Perhaps hundreds of years to soon, and all that led to them nearly joining the rebellion.

The Lucifer Rebellion was originally the story that I was most fascinated with when I came to read the book. For years though I could not understand how so many high beings joined. However now I see that the Rebellion was throwing out very seductive concepts. Caligastia wanted Adam and Eve to take short-cuts as stated by TUB so that he could see his hope realized of having life and light on our planet sooner then it was supposed to. Caligastia wasn't going around promoting murder and genocide in the days he was around. In fact it was the opposite. He was promoting world peace, and an end to hunger and disease. It is no wonder Amadon is considered a hero. He withstood temptations that almost all primitives would have gladly welcomed. Self-assertion is a very seductive concept, through Adam and Eve’s self-assertion I can see how easily even high beings may be tempted by it.

Quote:
2 - (54:4.4) Most of the liberties which Lucifer sought he already had; others he was to receive in the future. All these precious endowments were lost by giving way to impatience and yielding to a desire to possess what one craves now and to possess it in defiance of all obligation to respect the rights and liberties of all other beings composing the universe of universes. Ethical obligations are innate, divine, and universal.

Thehapyandefectivepersonismotivatednotbyfearofwrongdoingbutby
loveofrightdoing

Profile Send private message  
 Post subject: Re: Defaulting
PostPosted:  

It is a big leap to assume that just because they transgressed the law of non-interference that they were becoming rebellionist as well as Caligastia.

Adam and Eves intentions where to do Gods will, not rebel from it.
They simply began to suffer a lack of patients after hundreds of years working with Humans while they were disconnected from their spiritual broadcast because of the rebellion.

I too would have expected them to have had more patients and endurance having gone thorough so much training before coming here, but who am i to say they should or should not have.... they did a great job for Hundreds of years and finally got frustrated with our genetic short comings to grasp higher concepts of truth,..thus due to Caligastia's influence they gave into a short cut...not a rebellion.

PostPosted:  

I agree with Boom... I am oftern concerned that I would have finked out if I had been around during the life of the Master. I am often concerned that i am finking out right now...

Just wish I had a better answer. But I guess I will have to wait till the time is right!

PostPosted:  

Quote:
It is a big leap to assume that just because they transgressed the law of non-interference that they were becoming rebellionist as well as Caligastia.

Adam and Eves intentions where to do Gods will, not rebel from it.
They simply began to suffer a lack of patients after hundreds of years working with Humans while they were disconnected from their spiritual broadcast because of the rebellion.

I too would have expected them to have had more patients and endurance having gone thorough so much training before coming here, but who am i to say they should or should not have.... they did a great job for Hundreds of years and finally got frustrated with our genetic short comings to grasp higher concepts of truth,..thus due to Caligastia's influence they gave into a short cut...not a rebellion.

If you look at some of the other quotes I provided, you will see that one of the main sophistries of the rebellion is short cut land. That was the entire motivation of Caligastia, that was his sin. He was obsessed with taking short cuts. He wanted light and life on our world. He wanted human beings to be "liberated" from the burden of "oppressive evolution". Eve was falling for that sophistry of the rebellion when she became impatient and wanted a short cut. That doesn't mean that she rebelled. She obviously defaulted, but the next step after defaulting is rebellion.

Thehapyandefectivepersonismotivatednotbyfearofwrongdoingbutby
loveofrightdoing

PostPosted:  

54:2.3 Lucifer’s folly was the attempt to do the nondoable, to short-circuit time in an experiential universe. Lucifer’s crime was the attempted creative disenfranchisement of every personality in Satania, the unrecognized abridgment of the creature’s personal participation — freewill participation — in the long evolutionary struggle to attain the status of light and life both individually and collectively. In so doing this onetime Sovereign of your system set the temporal purpose of his own will directly athwart the eternal purpose of God’s will as it is revealed in the bestowal of free will upon all personal creatures. The Lucifer rebellion thus threatened the maximum possible infringement of the freewill choice of the ascenders and servers of the system of Satania — a threat forevermore to deprive every one of these beings of the thrilling experience of contributing something personal and unique to the slowly erecting monument to experiential wisdom which will sometime exist as the perfected system of Satania. Thus does the Lucifer manifesto, masquerading in the habiliments of liberty, stand forth in the clear light of reason as a monumental threat to consummate the theft of personal liberty and to do it on a scale that has been approached only twice in all the history of Nebadon.

54:2.4 In short, what God had given men and angels Lucifer would have taken away from them, that is, the divine privilege of participating in the creation of their own destinies and of the destiny of this local system of inhabited worlds.