Urantia Book Forum

Urantia Book Discussion Board : Study Group
It is currently Fri Dec 06, 2019 1:10 am +0000

All times are UTC - 7 hours

PostPosted:  

Quote:
I've just been through the preceding Papers again, ie the ones with the morontia appearances of Jesus. It is striking how detailed the UB is on chronology. Every time the narrative moves to a new day, the day of the week and the date are given. And then I'm expected to believe that there is a gap of 10 days that the authors deliberately omitted to mention?

Me too. I don't see a 10-day gap there. And every time the narrative moves to a new time of the same day, the time of the day is given. So that the day of ascension in the morning continued with the arrival of the Spirit of Truth at a later time on the same day.

Profile Send private message  
PostPosted:  

I guess you have two options. You can think the authors made a mistake by ommiting a fact that would make the story clearer, or you can see how they parallel 194 and 193 with the bible.

Thehapyandefectivepersonismotivatednotbyfearofwrongdoingbutby
loveofrightdoing

PostPosted:  

My 2 cents.. Both TUB and the Bible indicate that the Ascension and the subsequent Bestowal of the Spirit of Truth and Jewish Pentecost all happened on the same day (May 28 AD 30). The Bible states that this day was 40 days after the Resurrection. TUB states it was after the apostles were in hiding for 40 days. Both the Bible and TUB agree that the Resurrection took place soon (max 3 days) after Jesus’ death, and Jesus died the day before Jewish Passover, at April 7. So the Bible obviously contains an error; Pentecost was not 40 days after Resurrection/Passover. TUB on the other hand leaves some wiggle room; Pentecost was after the 40 days of hiding. This hiding might have started on April 18; 10 days after Jewish Passover. That would place Pentecost neatly at the 50th day following Jewish Passover.

I think the revelators knew that the Bible’s implication that Pentecost would be less then 50 days after Passover is an (obvious) error. They chose to subtly correct it, without exactly pointing out the error and its solution..