Urantia Book Forum

Urantia Book Discussion Board : Study Group
It is currently Mon Sep 16, 2019 8:27 pm +0000

All times are UTC - 7 hours

PostPosted:  

I realize that this topic will be controversial and may sound bombastic, but let me explain.

In the cosmology of TUB two very important revelations are given about space. The first is that space exhibits various motions that can be reduced to spiral descriptions, the combined respiratory and rotational motions. The second follows the first in that they tell us that space is sub-absolute. It follows because if space were absolute it could not move.

The foundations of Euclidean geometry rest on 5 axioms. They are all important to "The Geometry" but none more so than the fifth postulate that has to do with parallel lines. Without this postulate the edifice crumbles.

Stating the fifth postulate or axiom:

"Given a line and a point not on that line, there is not more than one line which can be drawn through the point parallel to the original line."

This axiom must exist as a given but assumes many things. First it assumes that parallel lines can exist. If space is not absolute, then these so called parallel lines but meet. TUB tells us that parallel lines cannot exist because space is not absolute.

Another way to look at this is that two parallel lines must have some distance between them. A line is a one dimensional ideal idea. You cannot see a line because it has no width or depth, only length. In order to maintain a distance you must have time and space. Neither time nor space nor motion can be accommodated in a linear construct. So, their can only be one line as an idea. It can have no parallel. The concept of parallel lines not only assumes more than one line, which precludes unity, but presumes that lines are spatial and that they are in space. Neither is true.

Non-Euclidean geometry fairs no better with TUB revelation. In the middle of the 19th century a few prominent mathematicians came up with a brilliant idea to upgrade the plane geometry of the two previous millennia. The feeling was that if the fifth postulate were pulled from the geometry that the cathedral of Euclid would not collapse but that the 'absolute geometry' would still be buttressed by the other four postulates. The new crew of geniuses, Riemann, Lobachevsky, Bolyai and others figured on a new postulate that was the opposite postulate five. They surmised that if it is possible to draw more than one straight line, infinitely many in fact, through a point parallel to a given straight line, then one could build all new kinds of geometric models to explain newly discovered physics of that time.

This new and improved geometry suffers from the same confused metaphysical assertions. Axioms are not provable because proof would mean the they are not axioms. Axioms are a given, obvious and agreed to by all without the need to prove anything about them. The only thing we ask of them is that axioms not lead to contradictory consequences. But simply saying something is consistent does not make it universally true.

Einstein borrowed heavily from this new hyperbolic geometry, but curvature alone would not answer the problems of physics for long. You see, this new geometry still assumes absolute, non-moving space and linear time. Yes, space is hyperbolic, but it not absolute and its motion is spiral. Time dilates but it is not linear, it is circular simultaneity. Einstein's new theories were therefore false and inconsistent with TUB. Minkowski assumed correctly that time and space were perpendicularly arranged, simply because motion was traversing absolute space in linear relative time. The problem that no one seemed to notice is that a line (time) cannot be perpendicular to anything but a plane or a circle or another line. Linear time could not be perpendicular to 3 dimensional space. The slight of hand was the "light cone" where the time line with arrows on both ends was depicted perpendicular to a plane Minkowski called 'space'. How could the crowd miss this and for so long!?

They explain this away by the use of another genius move, the development of complex number and the imaginary plane. One can certainly play with these numbers analytically and come up with lots of solutions to problem posed in electrical engineering and elsewhere, but this is heuristics and gives no real understanding to the nature of reality.

The fact remains that a hyperbolic space the moves spirally can only be perpendicular (orthogonal) to circular time. This requires 7 dimensions, not four. Four dimensions of hyperbolic space (S^4) moving in 'accelerated acceleration' (time^3). Or, space/t^3.

It is no wonder that our math breaks down an the quantum level and we are now seeing a growing account of anomalies in our space calculations. Curves must be fit to the data, not the other way around.

Let us pay more attention to what TUB is telling us, or we shall surely pay the price in time.

Regards, Louis

Profile Send private message  
PostPosted:  

Hi Louis,

As you know, I am not a mathematician nor a scientist. I am just curious about sciences especially the ones in the UB. I have a question to you or anybody else here. If you have two flashlights in parallel position, you turn them on, would their lights meet somewhere? Does light travel in curve following the curvature of space?

PostPosted:  

@ Ysmael,

If you want to make a drawing of where the 2 lights go in space, you have to draw them meeting at a point in the middle of your canvas :-) - it's a perspective trick...

A little mirth always helps when you start to dive in deep into the man vs. math war....

Origin Purpose Destiny

Applies to applied math, also....

This was an impressive applied math feat this past week:

http://www.wired.com/2014/11/modeling-p ... t-landing/

@loucal

I'm still thinking about it....the correction that is needed....

PostPosted:  

Hi Ysmael,

Light curves as all motion is curved. But the radius if curvature is so large that it appears to be linear. The speed of light is also dependent on space-time. Its radius of curvature is the distance from where we take our measurement to the center of nether Paradise. Light responds to the absolute gravity of Paradise but is also controlled by linear gravity because it is beyond the lighter ultimaton, which is not responsive to this linear gravity. Light is currently in accelerated acceleration as is the expansion of space.

TUB tells us the exact speed of light in 1934 so that sometime in the distant future we can measure its increase. They provided a clue with the Andomeda anomaly. Light has sped up in the last million years by that inference. We have not questioned this because Einstein declared light speed to be constant. He needed an absolute background to allow the geometry of space to curve under the presence of mass.

Regarding your flashlight example, we must remember that flashlights have a mirror that is parabolic with the bulb at its focus. This helps the light to diverge minimally. Lasers are even less divergent but light cannot remain parallel because space is expanding from every point in space. TUB tells us that space is a system of associated points.

Regards, Louis

PostPosted:  

@Louis,

If light curves, then the galaxies we are seeing in outer space are not located exactly where we see them. Now add that with the expanding and rotating space, it would be really hard to calculate the exact location of the galaxies with respect to ours at this time.

PostPosted:  

Hi Ysmael,

YSMAEL wrote:
@Louis,

If light curves, then the galaxies we are seeing in outer space are not located exactly where we see them. Now add that with the expanding and rotating space, it would be really hard to calculate the exact location of the galaxies with respect to ours at this time.

I agree with you.

Regards, Louis

PostPosted:  

Hi Ysmael,

If you want to demonstrate hyperbolic space, shine your flashlight up against a wall and the light will form the shape of a hyperbola.

Regards, Louis

PostPosted:  

I'm re-reading Paper 12 - hoping that what I am looking for to add to this conversation is in there, AND

I am assuming that this discussion is not about designing and launching another dark hole derivative into the global e-finance system....which the previous decade of "math" discussions on these virtually unknown UB reader sites was devoted to doing - manipulating global financial markets...proof and paperwork can be supplied as evidence 8)

As I currently understand it, for practical purposes, our position inside our own galaxy is calculable because we are balanced - hence the ability to predict eclipses and rotation of the other bodies with mass in our own solar-gravity system....

Page 131 - "....We know very little of the significance of these tremendous phenomena of outer space. A greater creation of the future is in process of formation. We can observe its immensity, we can discern its extent and sense its majestic dimensions, but otherwise we know little more about these realms than do the astronomers of Urantia....."

Notice that they did not say, "we can measure it" :P

PostPosted:  

Hello I Must Speak,
I Must Speak wrote:
I am assuming that this discussion is not about designing and launching another dark hole derivative into the global e-finance system....which the previous decade of "math" discussions on these virtually unknown UB reader sites was devoted to doing - manipulating global financial markets...proof and paperwork can be supplied as evidence

I don't know of what you are speaking so you can assume I'm not part of any conspiracy. I am just trying to figure things out.

I Must Speak wrote:
As I currently understand it, for practical purposes, our position inside our own galaxy is calculable because we are balanced - hence the ability to predict eclipses and rotation of the other bodies with mass in our own solar-gravity system....

First I think it is important to distinguish between "calculable" and "measurable". In order to calculate, you must have correct mathematical models and equations with which to calculate. But calculations that employ equations first need data from which to formulate the equations. And data requires measurement. Measurement requires instrumentation. Instrumentation requires technology. Technology requires engineering. Engineering design is subject to error. This error is called tolerances. Our instrumentation cannot measure and produce data that requires finer tolerances than the instrument can deliver. One cannot use a meter stick to measure a millimeter.

So everything starts with our instruments of observation. At first man had only his senses for observing the physical world but now we have gone far beyond that and we can extend these senses. We then measure with our instruments and obtain data. This data is at first raw and must be interpreted through the lens of a proper theory. If the theory is flawed, the data is not placed in its proper context and can be misinterpreted. Data is the first step in formulating a mathematical model that can estimate and predict future data in time.

Because of space-time distortions, data must be transformed taking into account time AND space variations of distant events. This was Einstein's brilliance in discovering time dilation. What he failed to do was to discover that time was not linear but circular. He did not deal with space contraction, only length contraction. Length is but one dimensional. It is not space.

He failed to understand that space moved and that it moved together with time. He failed to realized that both time and space are discrete and quantized.

TUB tells us the time and space are inseparable. Time is succession of instants (quantized) and space is a system of associated points, a moving matrix. Spiral motions of space-time allow the discrete to appear continuous. These quantum jumps must use the relationship of the three transcendentals, ∏, φ, and e (Euler's number) in the logarithmic spiral.

We can better approximate data locally, but this data collection and calculations fails miserably in the microcosmos and the macrocosmos. God's creation is beyond measurement and calculation. But for practical purposes, we can collect better data with better instrumentation and compute this data with more powerful computers. These computers can now take φ ∏ and e out to an incredible amount of digits. But first we must have the correct theory and the proper equations and the proper transforms for both space and time. Still there will be error and anomalies. Only God can compute everything out to infinity.

Regards, Louis

PostPosted:  

@loucal,

I'm not sure that time is circular (as compared to linear)...?

As I understand it, time is useful in math calculations when measuring motion, but it is in itself, a mathematical constant of "Now" every where when it accompanies space...

I try to understand the "science" (how God does it) from the "Destiny" part of "Origin, Purpose, Destiny".

We can transcend time and space, and according to the UB, that's a big deal.

I'm pretty sure that no matter how fast I shoot myself out of a canon into space, that's not going to be how to transcend it :-)

PostPosted:  

Hi I must Speak.

130:7.5 Animals do not sense time as does man, and even to man, because of his sectional and circumscribed view, time appears as a succession of events; but as man ascends, as he progresses inward, the enlarging view of this event procession is such that it is discerned more and more in its wholeness. That which formerly appeared as a succession of events then will be viewed as a whole and perfectly related cycle; in this way will circular simultaneity increasingly displace the onetime consciousness of the linear sequence of events.

118:3.1 Only by ubiquity could Deity unify time-space manifestations to the finite conception, for time is a succession of instants while space is a system of associated points. You do, after all, perceive time by analysis and space by synthesis. You co-ordinate and associate these two dissimilar conceptions by the integrating insight of personality. Of all the animal world only man possesses this time-space perceptibility. To an animal, motion has a meaning, but motion exhibits value only to a creature of personality status.

Time is circular simultaneity and a succession of instants. An instant is the eternal now, no time. Time is a succession of eternal now, or a succession of no time.

Regards, Louis

PostPosted:  

Hi loucal,

Methinks I got caught being too pedantic - I was focused on time being a measurement of motion through space and when used as such in math, then time is neither linear nor circular, it is motion through space.

I grok your point of view and do not disagree with it....part of getting out of linear thinking to circular simultaneity might entail coming up with not just new math, but some new language, or maybe borrowing from a current language on earth that already has various designations for time when the question is asked, "What time is it?" Kinda like Eskimos having a superior vocabulary for snow:

http://www.washingtonpost.com/national/ ... story.html

Personally, I probably could come up with as many different names for the ways that I've experienced time in my life as Eskimos have for snow 8) and the most intriguing is "circular simultaneity" - imaging what is going on everywhere in the Now...

PostPosted:  

Hi I Must Speak,

The phi spiral has helped me understand time and space and how they are related and related to motion. I cannot get graphics on this site and I am not tech savvy enough to form a link, sorry. But if you could do me a favor and get a graphic of the phi spiral in the golden rectangle I can explain better than with words alone. Thanks.

Regards, Louis

PostPosted:  

My understanding is that time and space are inseparable in the time and space universe where everything is in motion. This kind of time (spatial time) is by virtue of motion (spiral outward motion at this time of expanding universe). While we are in time and space universe, our perception of time will always be linear, always going forward. We will only see spatial time as circular simultaneity when we reached Paradise. There we will also perceive another kind of time (non-spatial time) and another kind of space (non-temporal space).

PostPosted:  

https://www.google.com/search?q=phi+spi ... 66&bih=659