Urantia Book Forum

Urantia Book Discussion Board : Study Group
It is currently Thu Sep 19, 2019 7:06 pm +0000

All times are UTC - 7 hours

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 474 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8 ... 32  Next
PostPosted:  

My Brothers 8)

I Agree :wink:

IF Were Only Half Assed ... Well ...
Were Only Half Hearted , Yes

But ... WE Do NOT Allways KNOW What GODs Will IS For US
But WE DO Know When Were Not Doing It Eh

The Bottom Line IMO

IS That ...
ITs NOT What A Soul Does But Strives To Do !

ITs A Long Journey Ahead And Many Errors and Mistakes We Shall
Make Along Our Way . Yet We Shall Learn and gain Experiential Wisdom
And IF WE Strive To Do GODs Will ... We Know What ...
IT Isnt ...

And Sometimes ... What IT Should BE .

ME = Lately I Know That I Make Many Errors and Mistakes
Yet I Strive / Try To Do ... Better ... And GODs Will ...
Yet I KNOW And Admit , That Often I Stumble , Fall And Fail
And Fall Short , ... And Sin ...

Yet Tomorrow Is Another Day ...

And My Motives and Intentions and Prayers Are Sincere

I Know In My Heart an Soul That Its LOVE

TRUTH , BEAUTY & GOODNESS...

That ... Rules and IS The First Source and Center !

The Uncaused Cause

AMEN

NAMASTE 8)

Profile Send private message  
PostPosted:  

:?:

PostPosted:  

Aloha everyone.....Made me recall my experience growing up in the Catholic Church and remember we were not encouraged to read the bible on our own...We may misinterpreted it :? We relied on the priest to read the gospel and then to elaborate in the sermon. Great way to control the thinking of the masses... Free thinkers wasn't part of the picture. So I sadly left the church. I just had too many questions. My move of course was to explore eastern thought looking for my Guru :)...and one day I had a profound thought.....I heard a voice say...I am your Guru! After some time I knew it was Jesus! and hadn't thought of him in a long time. I remember laughing...Jesus is my Guru??? I then pondered..where do I go from here and it wasn't very much later that I "found" the Urantia Book. I knew I was home. (that was early 70"s)

PostPosted:  

Quote:
So I sadly left the church. I just had too many questions. My move of course was to explore eastern thought looking for my Guru :)...and one day I had a profound thought.....I heard a voice say...I am your Guru! After some time I knew it was Jesus! and hadn't thought of him in a long time. I remember laughing...Jesus is my Guru??? I then pondered..where do I go from here and it wasn't very much later that I "found" the Urantia Book. I knew I was home. (that was early 70"s)

Seek and ye shall find ! How true !

And for those who do not seek for the truths, even truths would appear as falsehoods !

PostPosted:  

Since true religion is a matter of personal spiritual experience, it is inevitable that each individual religionist must have his own and personal interpretation of the realization of that spiritual experience.

The Urantia Book, (99:5.7)

Have a wonderful weekend :)

Aloha to you Rajan.....

PostPosted:  

tootsie wrote:
Since true religion is a matter of personal spiritual experience, it is inevitable that each individual religionist must have his own and personal interpretation of the realization of that spiritual experience.

The Urantia Book, (99:5.7)

Have a wonderful weekend :)

Aloha to you Rajan.....

awesome reference! thanks for sharing.

PostPosted:  

I was frown for reading it;- it is the devil's work , a cult; it is nefarious becos alot many things does not agree with what the Bible says; it is dangerous to my faith becos Jesus is indeed not Micheal as told in UB; etc.

.....and so these religious Christian friends said; but thye can't even answer this question: '..and Cain move out of the garden and married a woman from the land of the Nod..' if Adam and Eve were the first human being. And also, they gave unconvncing answers to the questions of the Nephilim, giants of old in the OT and many more...

...seems that any new answers or truth? which are not familiar and commonly accepted and challenge their ideas of things; even how foolish, is deemed dangerous and evil!

well, what can i say. I know what i want.

PostPosted:  

I've been discussing this with people for years, and have come to the conclusion that the answer revolves around several issues:

1. The book is extremely cerebral. It's without doubt the most complex book in the world to understand - the language, the multidimensional subjects that the mind needs to wrap around, the terminology, the length, and of course, the fact that you have to be reborn first to even begin to comprehend any of it.

2. The genetic weakness stemming from the Adamic default - leads to lack of potential intelligence, which is a prerequisite for getting close to the UB.

3. A difficult life - to read the UB is one thing, but to actually accept the truth and bring it into your life means becoming a pure, honest, loving, guileless individual. In a fallen world where the law is "eat or be eaten," living the truth leads to difficult lives materially, rejection by society at large. Most people would shudder at the thought, much less the action. The truth calls for a challenging life, filled with excitement and often brutal difficulty - even death sometimes. The masses want ease and comfort, the exact opposite. They don't want to grow, or at least not if it means any difficulty.

4. Caligastia - There's no question that his manipulation of world events in prior times created an inertial effect that's very much in play to this day. There's also no question that there are people who would love nothing better than to communicate with him, and, since he has no other way of interfering in human affairs, no question that he is in communication with them. Their goal is and always has been to sway people away from God - and they have been successful in many ways. He uses them for his own purposes, and they are tricked by their own willingness to deceive themselves and others.

5. Nature of the book itself - this book was not written for the public at large. The authors must have been quite aware that the complexity of their writing, the subject matter, and the need for a reborn individual, would limit the acceptance of the book to a infinitesimal few. They made no attempt to dilute the book in order to get a larger audience. This book was written for primarily the Reserve Corp, to prepare them for the "world emergency" which is upon us at this very moment.

6. The overwhelming population of earth does not desire a personal experience. They want an authoritative religion that tells them what to do and when to do it, what not to do, and someone that stands between them and God. They have neither the desire nor the capability for critical thinking. And they will do whatever's necessary, including deceiving themselves subconsciously, to reject what pricks their preconceived delusions.

7. To accept the truth, the UB, would turn people's lives, and this planet, completely upside-down. It's earth-shattering. Let's not forget that the actual Truth, living as a human being and moving among the masses and performing unthinkable miracles in plain sight, was rejected by most of humanity. What chance does a mere book have?

Onward, soldiers of truth. Be proud that you have been chosen, and have yourself chosen, to tread the highest road possible in life.

Our day draws near.

PostPosted:  

Those are some great points Robert. The born again topic is an interesting one. A lot of TUB readers IMO including myself read the book from a purely animalistic perspective, and in order to really let it all sink in IMO you need to have that Holy Spirit and Spirit of Truth dominating your inner mindal life. Many readers just assume that they these ministries are dominating their inner life. Of coarse "fear not" it will happen though in this life or the next... so its not the end of the world if people are not born again...

Thehapyandefectivepersonismotivatednotbyfearofwrongdoingbutby
loveofrightdoing

PostPosted:  

It depends Boom. It may be a hard saying but Joshua made it quite clear that those who do not embrace the spiritual, and live only materialistic lives, will NOT make it to the other side.

103:2.1 "You do not enter the kingdom of heaven unless you have been “born again” — born of the Spirit."

I remember a while back I did an in-depth look at the subject and according to the subtle hints here and there, that apparently only figures in about a third to a half of the world's population. Not pretty, but such if life on 606.

Animals aren't interested in spiritual topics; so if you're reading the book it is not from an animalistic spirit. There is some spiritual leading going on there. Being reborn means gaining that spiritual insight which is considered one of the privileges of those who follow the Master. Without that insight, which is from within and depends completely on one's willingness to follow the Spirit, the book is not much more than hocus-pocus to those who read it, and for good reason - they do not deserve the reception of those gifts which come from evolving toward the light. They will remain in the dark until they earn the right to see.

The universe only recognizes two types of people - those who do God's will and those who don't. Those who do the Father's will - they are our family, our nation, our brothers and sisters. It doesn't matter what they read or don't read, what they know or don't know, where they live or what color their skin is. The perfection of our Father is beautiful to witness.

boomshuka wrote:
Those are some great points Robert. The born again topic is an interesting one. A lot of TUB readers IMO including myself read the book from a purely animalistic perspective, and in order to really let it all sink in IMO you need to have that Holy Spirit and Spirit of Truth dominating your inner mindal life. Many readers just assume that they these ministries are dominating their inner life. Of coarse "fear not" it will happen though in this life or the next... so its not the end of the world if people are not born again...

PostPosted:  

Quote:
103:2.1 "You do not enter the kingdom of heaven unless you have been “born again” — born of the Spirit."

Yes but Jesus did not put a time limit exactly on when we need to enter the kingdom of heaven. Quotes like this are not just meant for mortals on Urantia they are meant for mortals on the mansion worlds to. The average mortal on a planet will live 500 years. When we die at 80 or so years we have not really been given the full normal human life to choose to enter the kingdom of heaven. Entering the kingdom of heaven is an internal experience. Making it to the mansion worlds is not "entering the kingdom of heaven". There is going to be a relatively small time frame on the mansion worlds to make an informed choice on whether we want to "enter the kingdom of heaven". God always errs on the side of Mercy. We are told regarding surviving:

(447.4) 40:5.19 As to the chances of mortal survival, let it be made forever clear: All souls of every possible phase of mortal existence will survive provided they manifest willingness to co-operate with their indwelling Adjusters and exhibit a desire to find God and to attain divine perfection, even though these desires be but the first faint flickers of the primitive comprehension of that “true light which lights every man who comes into the world.”

The authors are stating we will survive even if we just have a faint flicker of primitive comprehension regarding the light which lights every man. All you need to have in order to have even some primitive comprehension of the light in every person is a soul. All mortals at roughly age 6 have souls. The only way to destroy a soul is to become iniqitous.

Its impossible to die if your just lazy ever since Pentecost. Before Jesus' time on our world, if someone did not get an adjuster and choose God, they wouldn't have been able to develop a soul and likely would have died. However now we don't have to worry about that because every human being starts out with a soul at age 6.

loveofrightdoing

PostPosted:  

Hi Boom,

The quote you chose is very interesting because it points out something unique. What you seem to be implying is that if one has a soul, then one is guaranteed survival. But the quote itself is actually saying something different. Let's look at it again:

40:5.19 "As to the chances of mortal survival, let it be made forever clear: All souls of every possible phase of mortal existence will survive provided they manifest willingness to co-operate with their indwelling Adjusters and exhibit a desire to find God and to attain divine perfection, even though these desires be but the first faint flickers of the primitive comprehension of that “true light which lights every man who comes into the world.”

The quote is implying a very interesting thing: you can have a soul and still not survive. All souls will survive PROVIDED... That's putting a condition on survival even on those who have souls. I'd never noticed that before; what a tantalizing detail.

All those who exhibit even the tiniest desire to find God and to attain divine perfection will survive. But that presupposes that one believes in God in the first place. It's impossible to want to find God and not believe in his existence at the same time.

Human beings that are born with mental defects cannot receive adjusters. Also, receiving an Adjuster before the age of 6 requires a moral decision; I would assume that not every human being will make that moral decision; otherwise the condition of a moral decision would not be in place. Next, some people become "disadjustered." You can lose your Adjuster (and your soul) by willfully and persistently choosing evil. No shortage of those people on 606. And then of course, those who don't even believe in God. All of these groups cannot, according to the UB, reach the Mansion worlds.

I would assume that mercy is leaned on heavily especially in a place as lost as this. We'll likely not know the true numbers on this side, since the human mind is exceedingly deceitful even to itself. 48% of Chinese list themselves as atheist. It's much smaller in the US, but the UB says that many self-professed Christians are in actuality secular. The polls that I've read say that about 40% of the world does not believe in God. But who's to say.

We'll know soon enough.

boomshuka wrote:
Quote:

Yes but Jesus did not put a time limit exactly on when we need to enter the kingdom of heaven. Quotes like this are not just meant for mortals on Urantia they are meant for mortals on the mansion worlds to. The average mortal on a planet will live 500 years. When we die at 80 or so years we have not really been given the full normal human life to choose to enter the kingdom of heaven. Entering the kingdom of heaven is an internal experience. Making it to the mansion worlds is not "entering the kingdom of heaven". There is going to be a relatively small time frame on the mansion worlds to make an informed choice on whether we want to "enter the kingdom of heaven". God always errs on the side of Mercy. We are told regarding surviving:

(447.4) 40:5.19 As to the chances of mortal survival, let it be made forever clear: All souls of every possible phase of mortal existence will survive provided they manifest willingness to co-operate with their indwelling Adjusters and exhibit a desire to find God and to attain divine perfection, even though these desires be but the first faint flickers of the primitive comprehension of that “true light which lights every man who comes into the world.”

The authors are stating we will survive even if we just have a faint flicker of primitive comprehension regarding the light which lights every man. All you need to have in order to have even some primitive comprehension of the light in every person is a soul. All mortals at roughly age 6 have souls. The only way to destroy a soul is to become iniqitous.

Its impossible to die if your just lazy ever since Pentecost. Before Jesus' time on our world, if someone did not get an adjuster and choose God, they wouldn't have been able to develop a soul and likely would have died. However now we don't have to worry about that because every human being starts out with a soul at age 6.

PostPosted:  

I suppose it depends on what you think "even a primitive comprehension" of the light is. IMO almost all human beings have some primitive comprehension of the light.

Anyways here is a fascinating audio discussion between a couple of readers and Chris Halvorson regarding survival. I used to have the same percentages as you Robert regarding survival until I listened to Chris explain the issue from a different perspective.

http://www.blogtalkradio.com/cosmicciti ... ving-death

Let me know what you think :P
I am guessing there is a part of you that at least wants to explore the possibility that the majority of the people on this planet survive. I know there was a part of me that wanted to explore this possibility.

loveofrightdoing

PostPosted:  

I think we should discern the difference between "even a primitive comprehension" of light and "willingness to co-operate with their indwelling Adjusters and exhibit a desire to find God and to attain divine perfection."

An atheist can study the UB and gain a primitive comprehension of light. Many atheists know more about the Bible than the so-called believers. But that doesn't mean that they are willing to cooperate with their Adjuster (if they have one) or exhibit a desire to find God. In the UB quote, the "comprehension" is something that follows the honest desire to follow His will. Don't neglect to pay attention to the first part of the sentence. A mass murderer may have a primitive comprehension of what religion is - does that mean the he's going to survive? Certainly not. It's about what you do, not what you know.

As far as my personal feelings on the subject of survival - I'm of the inclination to allow people to choose their own destinies. I don't have sentimental feelings about it due to my scientific temperament. People who choose, with their free will, to gain heaven, will do so. Those who choose to reject it, will get their wish. My personal desires are irrelevant in light of their free will.

I try to get answers from the Master only, and not from human beings.

166:3.3 "You also have another saying among you, and one that contains much truth: That the way which leads to eternal life is straight and narrow, that the door which leads thereto is likewise narrow so that, of those who seek salvation, few can find entrance through this door. You also have a teaching that the way which leads to destruction is broad, that the entrance thereto is wide, and that there are many who choose to go this way. And this proverb is not without its meaning. But I declare that salvation is first a matter of your personal choosing. Even if the door to the way of life is narrow, it is wide enough to admit all who sincerely seek to enter, for I am that door. And the Son will never refuse entrance to any child of the universe who, by faith, seeks to find the Father through the Son."

We have faith that our Father will save those who show the smallest inkling of desire for being saved. Salvation is granted to those who want salvation. Destruction is granted to those who embrace and envelope themselves in destruction.

As to the numbers - I care not. I only care that the system is perfect.

boomshuka wrote:
I suppose it depends on what you think "even a primitive comprehension" of the light is. IMO almost all human beings have some primitive comprehension of the light.

Anyways here is a fascinating audio discussion between a couple of readers and Chris Halvorson regarding survival. I used to have the same percentages as you Robert regarding survival until I listened to Chris explain the issue from a different perspective.

http://www.blogtalkradio.com/cosmicciti ... ving-death

Let me know what you think :P
I am guessing there is a part of you that at least wants to explore the possibility that the majority of the people on this planet survive. I know there was a part of me that wanted to explore this possibility.

PostPosted:  

Salvation is not making it to the mansion worlds. Salvation is something else. The Master was not talking about the Kingdom of heaven as the mansion worlds. He was talking about salvation in the Kingdom of heaven within. Well let me know what you think of that audio....:)

But yes I certainly doubt mass murderers are flooding the gates of mansonia. Lol I am talking about "normal people". The average nieve person.

loveofrightdoing

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 474 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8 ... 32  Next