Urantia Book Forum

Urantia Book Discussion Board : Study Group
It is currently Sat Jul 04, 2020 9:05 am +0000

All times are UTC - 7 hours

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 474 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5 ... 32  Next
PostPosted:  

The fact is, most humans have not seen much less read the UB. And I believe most humans who have found and read the UB have believed the truths it contains. The reason for this is that the people who found the UB are those who are really searching/seeking for truths not found in traditional sources.

But I think I understand what you really mean. You mean, most of humans you have come to share the truths in the UB with. Yes, it appears that way, because they are not yet ready for it.

Profile Send private message  
PostPosted:  

fanofVan wrote:
Boom said, "Kahanyah, Pato Banton is a black leader in TUB community." Small correction - Pato is a leader in the UB community, and he also happens to be black. A wonderful artist and missionary. "Don't worry....be happy" sang another reggae minstrel favorite of mine.

I was in my last year of High School when that song came out. My! time has passed by without notice! :shock:

PostPosted:  

Quote:
And I believe most humans who have found and read the UB have believed the truths it contains. The reason for this is that the people who found the UB are those who are really searching/seeking for truths not found in traditional sources.

I too feel it that way, bro.Ismael.

I can well understand that the times that we live now is just the starting point of a new epoch (the 5th, as the UB tells us) and there are just a small fraction of humans who are capable of receiving the modified truths of the new revelation. Another millennium might be required for considerable improvements to that fraction.

But it is a matter of innocent surprise to those who have received the truths to note the difficulty with which this book makes any progress towards enhanced acceptance.

That shows the spiritual poverty of the masses. Added to that is the deceptive ways of Caligastia and his team to keep those masses stick to their positions by providing the latter enough 'proofs'. (Did you get what I meant ?) Of course, Caligastia et al may not be directly doing any thing. But they are 'playing' !

Now the question is : How long it would continue ? And that too is just a curiosity !

PostPosted:  

66:8.6 The doctrine of a personal devil on Urantia, though it had some foundation in the planetary presence of the traitorous and iniquitous Caligastia, was nevertheless wholly fictitious in its teachings that such a “devil” could influence the normal human mind against its free and natural choosing. Even before Michael’s bestowal on Urantia, neither Caligastia nor Daligastia was ever able to oppress mortals or to coerce any normal individual into doing anything against the human will. The free will of man is supreme in moral affairs; even the indwelling Thought Adjuster refuses to compel man to think a single thought or to perform a single act against the choosing of man’s own will.

PostPosted:  

Caligastia IS Impotent
~ Not Important !

53:8.9 In general, when weak and dissolute mortals are supposed to be under the influence of devils and demons, they are merely being dominated by their own inherent and debased tendencies, being led away by their own natural propensities. The devil has been given a great deal of credit for evil which does not belong to him. Caligastia has been comparatively impotent since the cross of Christ.

And ~

since the day of Pentecost this traitorous Caligastia and his equally contemptible associate, Daligastia, are servile before the divine majesty of the Paradise Thought Adjusters and the protective Spirit of Truth, the spirit of Michael, which has been poured out upon all flesh.

53:8.6 The last act of Michael before leaving Urantia was to offer mercy to Caligastia and Daligastia, but they spurned his tender proffer. Caligastia, your apostate Planetary Prince, is still free on Urantia to prosecute his nefarious designs, but he has absolutely no power to enter the minds of men, neither can he draw near to their souls to tempt or corrupt them unless they really desire to be cursed with his wicked presence.

53:8.7 Before the bestowal of Michael these rulers of darkness sought to maintain their authority on Urantia, and they persistently withstood the minor and subordinate celestial personalities. But since the day of Pentecost this traitorous Caligastia and his equally contemptible associate, Daligastia, are servile before the divine majesty of the Paradise Thought Adjusters and the protective Spirit of Truth, the spirit of Michael, which has been poured out upon all flesh.

53:8.8 But even so, no fallen spirit ever did have the power to invade the minds or to harass the souls of the children of God. Neither Satan nor Caligastia could ever touch or approach the faith sons of God; faith is an effective armor against sin and iniquity. It is true: “He who is born of God keeps himself, and the wicked one touches him not.”

53:8.9 In general, when weak and dissolute mortals are supposed to be under the influence of devils and demons, they are merely being dominated by their own inherent and debased tendencies, being led away by their own natural propensities. The devil has been given a great deal of credit for evil which does not belong to him. Caligastia has been comparatively impotent since the cross of Christ.

PostPosted:  

Thanks Coop. I wuz thinking the same thing myself...

PostPosted:  

Caligastia is impotent to enter the minds of men to further the rebellion. The act to enter one's mind in a manner achieved by the Thought Adjuster could be called "spiritual possession." We cannot be possessed by Caligastia or any disagreeable spirit for that matter. TUB tells us we are protected from such deed by the Spirit of Truth and Divine Thought Adjuster. However, Caligastia is free to use the power of SEDUCTION (see 53:7.13) to persuade the mind, willfully, to commit acts to the benefit of the rebellion that, under normal conditions, would not occur. There is a distinction between seduction and possession, it should be noted.

The most Highs have permitted Caligastia et al. free reign to prosecute this plan. If a certain requisite of the human mind is met, which is, the mind is EVIL intent then Caligastia's work will bear fruit, likely. One who has internalized evil has a mind prepared for Caligastia to exert that power of seduction, in essence.

TUB lays out a particular narrative which illustrates how the human mind, when it has internalized evil, be seduced to carry out the the plan of universal rebellion. Consider the following...

75:4.3 "Eve had consented to participate in the practice of good and evil. [...] evil is themisadaptation of plans and the maladjustment of techniques resulting in universe disharmony and planetary confusion."

75:4.7 "True, Eve [...] realized all that her seducer promised by way of “new and increased knowledge of human affairs and quickened understanding of human nature..."

75:4.6 "... evil [...] represented the wrong way to achieve righteous ends, because it departed from the right way, the divine plan."

The actions committed of one wholly rests on the seat of will as oppose to external influences and stimuli if we are to understand the power (or lack thereof) of Caligastia. He is NOT the author of human behavior; he foments human behavior. In the above references we can infer that the seducer (Caligastia et al.) is given full reign on Urantia to influence any mind embraced of evil. So it begs the question, how much evil exists is in our reality in which Caligastia can indulge? The answer would give a good indication to the level of potential minds, theoretically, that could be seduced. Based on the proceeding references, I think it is prudent to assume the there is a vast playground of potential minds for Caligastia to push through and propagate the machination of the doctrine of unbridled liberty.

2:2.7 "[...] mortal experience with evil and all man’s relations thereto are most certainly a part of God’s ever-expanding self-realization..."

3:1 5 "... for the Thought Adjuster must needs go through the consequences of evil thinking
with the human mind of its incarceration."

3:5.2 "The sovereignty of God is unlimited [...] therefore are the perfecting creations of the evolutionary universes characterized by goodness— nearness to divinity; by potential evil—remoteness from divinity."

12:8.11 "Brotherhood constitutes a fact of relationship between every personality in universal existence [...] The part profits or suffers in measure with the whole [...] the error or evil of each man augments the tribulation of all men..."

16:7.7 "Man’s choosing between good and evil is influenced [...] by such influences as ignorance, immaturity, and delusion [...] evil may be perpetrated when the lesser is chosen in the place of the greater as a result of distortion or deception..."

PostPosted:  

he has absolutely no power to enter the minds of men, neither can he draw near to their souls to tempt or corrupt them unless they really desire to be cursed with his wicked presence.

53:8.6 The last act of Michael before leaving Urantia was to offer mercy to Caligastia and Daligastia, but they spurned his tender proffer. Caligastia, your apostate Planetary Prince, is still free on Urantia to prosecute his nefarious designs, but he has absolutely no power to enter the minds of men, neither can he draw near to their souls to tempt or corrupt them unless they really desire to be cursed with his wicked presence.

PostPosted:  

unless they really desire to be cursed with his wicked presence.

To ignore one part of that reference while emphasizing the other amounts to "sound biting" IMO. These references need to be taken in their full context. Outside TUB readers no one knows who Caligastia is. The Revelator proposes a few ideas in the above. Firstly, Caligastia is unable to enter or possess the human mind. And, second, under certain conditions, he could be summoned, drawing near the mind with the power to seduce it into sin. But how could that be if the majority of people are not aware of his presence. I listed in my previous post an example of a circumstance in which his presence could be conjured. Potential evil is "time-existent" in our universe that, when a personality embraces, potentially, could invoke the wicked one. It is advisable to review that example in TUB. These are realities we need to be aware of. Armed with such information encourages vigilance.

PostPosted:  

kahanyah wrote:

... The Revelator proposes a few ideas in the above. Firstly, Caligastia is unable to enter or possess the human mind. And, second, under certain conditions, he could be summoned, drawing near the mind with the power to seduce it into sin. But how could that be if the majority of people are not aware of his presence? I listed in my previous post an example of a circumstance in which his presence could be conjured. ...
True, the majority of people may not be aware of the personal presence of Caligastia on Urantia as suggested by the revelators. Indeed, how could one "desire to be cursed with his wicked presence" if one does not know him personally?

In your example, Eve did personally know Caligastia, but I think she didn’t exactly "desire to be cursed with his wicked presence." She willingly gave in to his suggestion to combine good and evil, but she only desired to further human evolution. And even so, "neither Satan nor Caligastia could ever touch or approach the faith sons of God; faith is an effective armor against sin and iniquity." (53:8.8 ) I’m sure Eve had faith..

Of course, most people have a concept of the devil or Satan and certain satanic cults may worship such a concept. But is that the same as having a "desire to be cursed with his wicked presence." I think these people haven’t got a clue.. "The devil has been given a great deal of credit for evil which does not belong to him." ..
Quote:

PostPosted:  

Bart wrote:
kahanyah wrote:

... The Revelator proposes a few ideas in the above. Firstly, Caligastia is unable to enter or possess the human mind. And, second, under certain conditions, he could be summoned, drawing near the mind with the power to seduce it into sin. But how could that be if the majority of people are not aware of his presence? I listed in my previous post an example of a circumstance in which his presence could be conjured. ...
True, the majority of people may not be aware of the personal presence of Caligastia on Urantia as suggested by the revelators. Indeed, how could one "desire to be cursed with his wicked presence" if one does not know him personally?

In your example, Eve did personally know Caligastia, but I think she didn’t exactly "desire to be cursed with his wicked presence." She willingly gave in to his suggestion to combine good and evil, but she only desired to further human evolution. And even so, "neither Satan nor Caligastia could ever touch or approach the faith sons of God; faith is an effective armor against sin and iniquity." (53:8.8 ) I’m sure Eve had faith..

Of course, most people have a concept of the devil or Satan and certain satanic cults may worship such a concept. But is that the same as having a "desire to be cursed with his wicked presence." I think these people haven’t got a clue.. "The devil has been given a great deal of credit for evil which does not belong to him." ..
Quote:

Muslim Jihadists and extremists have "faith" and, literally, there are 100s of thousands of them in the Middle East today. Do you think they go unnoticed to Caligastia?

The example of Eve was to show how evil easily can be embraced; there is an old adage, "The road to hell is paved with good intentions." Evil is that state of mind that is needed to draw in Caligastia. I think it is a grave error to down play Caligastia to the level of insignificance. This is where I feel the Bible plays a pivotal role and can supplement UB as it contains more messages of righteous counsel...

2Cr 2:11 Lest Satan should get an advantage of us: for we are not ignorant of his devices.

Eph 6:11 Put on the whole armour of God, that ye may be able to stand against the wiles of the devil.

PostPosted:  

kahanyah wrote:
... Muslim Jihadists and extremists have "faith" and, literally, there are 100s of thousands of them in the Middle East today. Do you think they go unnoticed to Caligastia? ...
Here’s an eye-opening look at the state of Afghanistan today ..

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Ja5Q75hf6QI

I think it’s clear from this documentary that much evil/sin exists, whether or not Caligastia et al. has anything to do with it. Moreover, it seems to me that Afghan war-lords and the Taliban are lesser evils compared to corrupt Afghan police (who will btw simply defect and join the Taliban once the western forces have left)..

PostPosted:  

Bart wrote:
kahanyah wrote:
... Muslim Jihadists and extremists have "faith" and, literally, there are 100s of thousands of them in the Middle East today. Do you think they go unnoticed to Caligastia? ...
Here’s an eye-opening look at the state of Afghanistan today ..

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Ja5Q75hf6QI

I think it’s clear from this documentary that much evil/sin exists, whether or not Caligastia et al. has anything to do with it. Moreover, it seems to me that Afghan war-lords and the Taliban are lesser evils compared to corrupt Afghan police (who will btw simply defect and join the Taliban once the western forces have left)..

I am not claiming he is the author of Evil. But he has seducing prerogatives to exert influence over those who embrace it. This is a Lanonadek prince; not some average Joe Shmoe. These princes have certain unique abilities. We should not ignore this. That is my point.

PostPosted:  

Also it is not just the idea of evil and sin as these two realities are part of the makeup of our universe reality (I will find that reference and post it). The issue is the specific plan that Caligastia is attempting to promote throughout the world. There is an agenda that rises to the level of the diabolic these fallen sons seek to spread to our world. It is no longer evil of a human nature. It is evil of the quality expressed by a Lanonandek... not to be taken lightly.

Last edited by kahanyah on Mon Aug 19, 2013 5:57 am +0000, edited 2 times in total.

PostPosted:  

If there was not so much evil in the world Caligastia would remain impotent, yet. But in my opinion, with the state of condition of the world today people would grossly mistaken to think Caligastia is impotent now as at the time of UB's inception. When the Revelator makes the proclamation, "Caligastia has been comparatively impotent since the cross of Christ," it needs to be read in proper context. That is, the statement absolutely is accurate and holds true up to the early 20th century. The Revelator does not make that statement to reflect our present time. How could he? Revelators do not claim to foresee future events.

Caligastia has increased in strength over the decades, from my observation.

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 474 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5 ... 32  Next