Urantia Book Forum

Urantia Book Discussion Board : Study Group
It is currently Tue Dec 10, 2019 4:23 am +0000

All times are UTC - 7 hours

Post subject: seeing multiple 1's
PostPosted:  

For the past year i have been seeing 1s everywhere. It seems that on 12-21-12 the sightings were overwhelmingly numerous, humorous, and delightful... i lived in denver, co. from 83 until 2000. got married in 95 and divorced in 2000. found the blue book in a bookstore around 93 and loved reading it with a friend. After my divorce i got custody of my 2 baby sons and moved back to my home town joliet illinois. After the new year i decided to do a little research on this strange happening. In my study i ran across the word MIDWAYER and even though i hadn't opened my blue book (UB) in a few years i knew exactly where i had seen the name before..So i broke it open and sure enough it was right there. i called my friend in colorado and informed him of my recent search. He was overwhelmed with joy .He broke out his book and we went at it for some time. After we hung up i recieved a call from him shortly after in which he informed me that we had talked for 111 minutes. He really believed me then. i am interested in replies about this.

Profile Send private message  
 Post subject: Re: seeing multiple 1's
PostPosted:  
Site Admin

Hello elevener,

There's a discussion board topic here on 11:11 that you may enjoy reading.

My personal opinion is that observations such as this are purely human interpretations of natural events and are not what they're taken to be... messages from others. The 11:11 group bases its observations on the fact that 1,111 loyal midwayers were left on earth after the rebellion, therefore the midwayers use that number on digital clocks to remind us that they're still here. If that gives someone comfort and a sense of belonging to a bigger scheme then I guess that's a good thing.

Our brains are gigantic filters. There's so much in the world clamoring for attention, so many energy manifestations, some of which are picked up by our eyes, some by our ears, some by our skin and nose and tongue, that if we were aware of all of it we'd be unable to function -- too much information. Our subconscious mind is that filter as well as its own energy manifestation receptor. I can direct my subconscious mind to wake me up at 5:42am and I will wake up then. I can, perhaps inadvertently, alert my subconscious mind that I have a desire to recognize 1-2-3-4, that for some reason I find that sequence meaningful to me and I will be awed by finding that sequence everywhere, in phone numbers and addresses, I'll "just happen" to glance at the clock then and have the significance affirmed, I'll hear people use that sequence in their conversations. I'll hear it on the radio. And if my character has a superstitious tendency I'll assume that a spirit force is communicating with me. These "coincidences" are the foundation for superstition.

There is real spirit communication in our makeup. The Holy Spirit draws our thoughts and desires Godward. The Spirit of Truth helps us discern truth around us. Our Thought Adjuster works behind the scenes in guiding our thinking and behavior in a more spiritual direction. Our guardian angels protect and challenge us so we can make better choices. These are the real spirit forces working in our lives. If there is a reason of some significance where your attention needs to be drawn Godward the spirit forces around us are capable of making unquestionable contact that will be so much more meaningful than any coincidental combinations of numbers or sounds or tastes.

The Urantia Book makes it clear, psychic activity, that activity which comes from our subconscious mind is a diversion and distraction when it's brought into awareness. More things are wrought by prayer, rather than psychic activity, than this world dreams of.

Best wishes,
Larry

PostPosted:  

I used to see 11:11 all the time on the clock, almost every day for a while. At first I thought something mystical was happening and that perhaps these beings where contacting me then I realized that my mind is just very aware of time. I can wake up at the exact time every day without an alarm. I liken that to the same thing as the 11:11 stuff. Because I wanted to see 11:11 every day my mind made a note to let me know when it was 11:11 every day. This phenomonom is quite common really. Also a spirit being has no permission to enter your mind, so no midwayer would be allowed to influence you or anyone in this way even if they wanted to. Our minds are protected by the Holy Spirit, Spirit of Truth and Thought Adjuster.

Dr.Sadler actually wrote a book about all these supposed spiritual contacts called "mind at mischief" he like the u.b makes the connection that our subconscious can send us messages that we think are divine leadings and this can be a dangerous path for our sanity.

Thehapyandefectivepersonismotivatednotbyfearofwrongdoingbutby
loveofrightdoing

PostPosted:  

Hi Elevener. I remember starting noticing more 1s, only after I heard that people in general noticed more ones (the 11:11 phenomenon). To me, this mainly demonstrates how (self) suggestive we are. When we program ourselves to notice 1s, we will see more 1s. :) And when you buy a specific brand/type of car, for example, you will start seeing these particular cars everywhere, whereas you previously may never have noticed them..

Apart from that:
Quote:
77:7.7 Even prior to Pentecost no rebel spirit could dominate a normal human mind, and since that day even the weak minds of inferior mortals are free from such possibilities. The supposed casting out of devils since the arrival of the Spirit of Truth has been a matter of confounding a belief in demoniacal possession with hysteria, insanity, and feeble-mindedness.

PostPosted:  

Bart, i actually had no idea what it was or what it meant, i don't wear a watch. but i did mention it to one of my sons after awhile just so i could verify it later on, if need be. So when i finally did decide to look into it at the beginning of 2012. i first looked in the URANTIA. i don't try to make this event happen, it has been on reciepts more than once, new credit card numbers, plates on a car, things like that; most recent example....One of my sons and i were downtown (which i am not too familiar with) trying to find a city building. Across the street and about a block behind me i noticed a woman carrying many bags whom i percieved as homeless. i was late for my appointment and my first(monkey)mind tried to ignore this and keep moving, but i could not bypass this opportunity to give a hand to GOD's child. So i turned back and crossed the street to approach her. i didn't want to spook her so i prayed before i got to her. when i did i asked how could i help her, i tried to give her $10 she denied that she was in need of any help and refused anything....i just told her that GOD made me turn back to help her, and told her that HE loves her....When i ran back across the street to catch up with my boy still walking, i was a little ashamed at first for even thinking about ignoring this soul then i happened to look up, and on this street that i had never been walking on before. The building number was 1111 instantly i knew i had did the right thing and the CREATOR had noticed.....i always take the internet with a tablespoon of salt so i am not persuaded easily by such nonsense, and i am not saying that the MIDWAYERS are putting a spirit in me no no, i know that that can't be done
77:8.11-13. but it is certainly a message to me for the GOOD.....

PostPosted:  

I can pick a time in the morning to wake up on and I can usually get within a few minutes of that time or sometimes right on that time without an alarm. The only aspect of me that is aware of that time is my subconscious mind. The u.b warns that is dangerous to think that the thoughts in our head are divine leadings when they are not. It can be a slippery slope.

I used to see 11:11 on the clock all the time as a teen, I was into that new-age stuff and that number was just special to me so I would see everywhere. Even in weird places like street signs etc, I was convinced that I was being given a sign. But that number was something I was looking for even if I wasn't thinking about it. It was embedded in my subconscious.

(1208.4) 110:5.5 But a human being would do better to err in rejecting an Adjuster’s expression through believing it to be a purely human experience than to blunder into exalting a reaction of the mortal mind to the sphere of divine dignity. Remember, the influence of a Thought Adjuster is for the most part, though not wholly, a superconscious experience.

(1208.5) 110:5.6 In varying degrees and increasingly as you ascend the psychic circles, sometimes directly, but more often indirectly, you do communicate with your Adjusters. But it is dangerous to entertain the idea that every new concept originating in the human mind is the dictation of the Adjuster. More often, in beings of your order, that which you accept as the Adjuster’s voice is in reality the emanation of your own intellect. This is dangerous ground, and every human being must settle these problems for himself in accordance with his natural human wisdom and superhuman insight.

The authors are saying that if we think some reaction in our mind is from God or the adjuster, we could be walking on dangerous ground.

loveofrightdoing

PostPosted:  

Numbers, eh...
This is a good one:)

It indeed is a dangerous ground to traverse, I speak for myself when I say, i got stuck in this circle of numbers, and been trying to rid myself of it for the past 5 months or so...NOT an easy task, especially that i have grounded it deeply into my subconscious for the past 3 years.

Like you , Brother elevener, I too am a fan of numbers, though for me it is not 1, but 3, or 33 , or 333 <- This is an absoulte GOODNESS ^^, i would make myself believe that if i was about to make an important decision and i happen to come across any of the numbers above, it meant an ABSOULTE "DO IT".

And with time, this small seed , grew and grew, and now it involved all ODD numbers, so , 1, 3, 5, 7, and 9 <-- This too, supposedly , is an absolute YES. Being the one with the highest value ^^

But, dear brother, i can not stress enough how much i regret ever believing in such ways for divinity to communicate with me. My case too started with very strange happenings regarding my spirituality and my life. Events of a too mysterious nature to be simply called coincidences, especially knowing how much they affected my spiritual life.

3 The number of years Jesus public ministry was according to the bible , the number of days he said he would build the temple, etc...
33, Jesus' supposed age according to the bible when he was crucified and glorified
333 : Simply the two above put together side by side, it has to mean something extraordinary, right ?!

That's where it started, I too, would wake up at 3:33 at night , somehow believing it is time for divine visitation , or that it had some sort of spiritual significance or such...

Let me tell you the danger it held for me, the danger that made me wake up. Eventually , I started relying on them to make the decisions for me, ESPECIALLY , the important ones. Because, according to my supposed spiritual experience, they ARE , gods' way of communicating with me.

Eventually , EVERY decision is decided by a number, is it ODD or EVEN. GOOD or BAD. Head or Tales...get it !

There was no room left for actual communion with divinity through spiritual channels to help me solve my life's problems and make proper decisions that would either get me farther , or closer, to the adjuster and fusion eventually.

It is truly , VERY , dangerous to entertain such beliefs and live according to them. And , I need not mention that when the revelators state a word such as DANGEROUS, it means, it really is DANGEROUS for our SOUL survival...meaning, we would simply stop existing , not GO ON to mansonia...after our material death.

I think..it literary, severs the communication lines between divinity and our souls, and hence, our surviving potential. EVEN NOW, in this thread i am typing, there is a notion in my head that tells me that by the end of this thread, if the time had an odd number in the end exp 8:23 , it means its good to submit .

I would say no more, for I agree completely , with every word, Brother Larry said about the subject. This is exactly (in essence) what i tell my self now when i see a number and would attribute it to a spiritual significance. "It is simply the numerical representation of whatever material object, concept it is standing for, NO spiritual significance whatsoever"

I mean , as brother Boom quoted, if the revelators themselves tell us that it is better to assume them as a figment of our own mind, than to attribute them to spiritual revelation or communication. Then, i will not think too much about whether i was supposed to heed a message or sign or such, if the revelators themselves tell me so , in this book supervised by VERY intellectual and High personalities, then i trust they KNOW exactly what they are saying , and DOING.

Simply my experience with the topic, thank you for posting.
God bless you all :)

PostPosted:  

i have been on this road many,many years before i was led to the URANTIA BOOK. i have been away from my family at a young age lived in cities where i had no one and put my belief in GOD to protect me in this dangerous world. i made a pact with GOD and have held to it as best as i could. All i asked for was wisdom along the way. A sight that would show me a peek into HIS mysteries. i have seen things in the sky, had butterflies land on my finger when in prayer mind, watched a single cottonwood seed leave the top of it's tree and float down and hit me in the middle of my forehead, said to myself "if i saw someone drop a $100 dollar bill i would give it back to them"(i was homeless&penniless at the time)and the situation happened exactly within the week, i could name 100's of other strange things that happened in those 26yrs. But it really solidified my faith. i have read on many religions during those yrs. Islam was one that was closest to what i was feeling simply because they had no idol to hold on to, no praise going to anything but the CREATOR. But with the rituals and dogma added it became less important (after time) to my destination. But i feel that the many prayers i gave in the various religions were nonetheless accepted by the DIVINE. The name i chose in islam was khalid which means the immortal survivor(it was chosen after i dove into my soul and pulled out my meaning of this life) i felt that my soul would survive forever. My last 15yrs were lived in DENVER(what lovely place) That is where i found the URANTIA. Actually i could care less about the 1111 sightings as i am much to far into my journey to become influenced either way by this thing. I left DENVER with my 2 boys 3 and 5 yrs old in 2000 and raised them as a so-called single parent but i know i had help from higher powers. Now one is a freshman in college and the other is a jr. in H.S. i am broke but happy. Sometimes i would wake up at night very angry, and ask what ever happened to my life, my goals and aspirations, i spent my time on them. But of course as soon as my monkey-mind calmed down i would smile with a feeling of peace no words could explain(and no words needed). i have been shown a few things on this rugged road, some good and some not so good. But there is no joy like being really hungry and finally getting that spoonful of soup on a cold day or helping someone when they don't know you did it, or wearing some new clothes and reaching in a trash can to pull out that disoriented dirty coat-wearing babbling man and taking him in a hamburger joint helping him wash up in the washroom and sitting down with him(her) having a coke and a smile. i never had to be homeless during my travels, i chose to be (i could have just came back to my home town ,my family never knew) but now i know who they are and how people look at you. i have also sat at the table with diplomats in D.C. i found that there is actually no difference in the 2 types of people. So to me the 1111 is MACHT NICHTS....but a very amusing thing that makes me smile and reminds me to do the right thing.......
and also the URANTIA says

77:8.11 The 1,111 loyal secondary midwayers are engaged in important missions on earth. As compared with their primary associates, they are decidedly material. They exist just outside the range of mortal vision and possess sufficient latitude of adaptation to make, at will, physical contact with what humans call “material things.” These unique creatures have certain definite powers over the things of time and space, not excepting the beasts of the realm.

77:8.12 Many of the more literal phenomena ascribed to angels have been performed by the secondary midway creatures. When the early teachers of the gospel of Jesus were thrown into prison by the ignorant religious leaders of that day, an actual “angel of the Lord” “by night opened the prison doors and brought them forth.” But in the case of Peter’s deliverance after the killing of James by Herod’s order, it was a secondary midwayer who performed the work ascribed to an angel.

77:8.13 Their chief work today is that of unperceived personal-liaison associates of those men and women who constitute the planetary reserve corps of destiny. It was the work of this secondary group, ably seconded by certain of the primary corps, that brought about the co-ordination of personalities and circumstances on Urantia which finally induced the planetary celestial supervisors to initiate those petitions that resulted in the granting of the mandates making possible the series of revelations of which this presentation is a part. But it should be made clear that the midway creatures are not involved in the sordid performances taking place under the general designation of “spiritualism.” The midwayers at present on Urantia, all of whom are of honorable standing, are not connected with the phenomena of so-called “mediumship”; and they do not, ordinarily, permit humans to witness their sometimes necessary physical activities or other contacts with the material world, as they are perceived by human senses.

110:7.7 Adjusters rejoice to make contact with the mortal mind; but they must be patient through the long years of silent sojourn during which they are unable to break through animal resistance and directly communicate with you. The higher the Thought Adjusters ascend in the scale of service, the more efficient they become. But never can they greet you, in the flesh, with the same full, sympathetic, and expressionful affection as they will when you discern them mind to mind on the mansion worlds.

110:7.8 During mortal life the material body and mind separate you from your Adjuster and prevent free communication; subsequent to death, after the eternal fusion, you and the Adjuster are one—you are not distinguishable as separate beings—and thus there exists no need for communication as you would understand it.

110:7.9 While the voice of the Adjuster is ever within you, most of you will hear it seldom during a lifetime. Human beings below the third and second circles of attainment rarely hear the Adjuster’s direct voice except in moments of supreme desire, in a supreme situation, and consequent upon a supreme decision.

But like i say, i don't dwell on the sightings but it would be impossible to preprogram my own mind to view what i have viewed, because its not about waking up at a certain time (that we can program into our sub-conscience.i know) It's more about a part of the path that i have been on and the unique occurrences i have been entitled to over these trying years. i am positive that on that day when i was offered a choice had i asked for a $1,000,000 it would have been prepared for me but to myself WISDOM is priceless and i have used it to enlighten whomever wants to talk throughout our time together on whatever level that is needed. Also i receive it from people. Sometimes from strangers in passing. Sometimes from children and babies. Sometimes even weed smokers (not often though)ha ha.....

PostPosted:  

The human mind is very powerful. Many events that are attributed to invisible spirit beings are actually our own mind doing something (for good or bad). We can pick any number we feel is important and program our mind to give us a tap on the shoulder anytime that number pops up. The sign that god is there is in our hearts where he actually lives, men die in search of this god that was always very near to them. I am glad you found the u.b though. :D

loveofrightdoing

PostPosted:  

Yes GOD is inside us and i have said that exact thing to many a folks. Many people of different religious covictions often like to have a photo or some icon., and look at GOD as a separate entity from themselves. My relationship is certainly from the inside out. Some of the things that i have experienced in nature was like a conformation helping to solidify my faith in HIM. My faith in GOD is super strong and to me the 1's and some of my beautiful experiences was like GOD'S sense of humor.

BOOM.......What kind of events would you consider to be attributed to GOD driven acts. Are you saying that GOD and HIS beings never commumicate in this way. i know that there are many negative forces also that can fool people...

PostPosted:  

elevener wrote:
Yes GOD is inside us and i have said that exact thing to many a folks. Many people of different religious covictions often like to have a photo or some icon., and look at GOD as a separate entity from themselves. My relationship is certainly from the inside out. Some of the things that i have experienced in nature was like a conformation helping to solidify my faith in HIM. My faith in GOD is super strong and to me the 1's and some of my beautiful experiences was like GOD'S sense of humor.

BOOM.......What kind of events would you consider to be attributed to GOD driven acts. Are you saying that GOD and HIS beings never commumicate in this way. i know that there are many negative forces also that can fool people...

I am saying they never communicate this way. I made a experiment with myself the past few days and made a mental note to pay attention to 11:11 and sure enough I have just happened to glance at the clock when its 11:11 every day now. There are only 1,111 secondary midwayers and they are just like me and you, they wouldn't even have time to to play little clock games with people if they wanted to they are busy with special tasks. They are not sitting around waiting for 11:11 to hit the clock so that they can go around to a select few people. If one of the 1,111 midwayers wanted to communicate with some lucky individual on a planet of over 6 billion they wouldn't do it with signs and riddles, they would just make themselves appear to you. They wouldn't leave any doubt in your mind. Also there is only a handful of reservists on the planet, these few people do receive special instruction from midwayers. The chances of me or you being a reservist is as good as me or you winning the lotto 649. That is how rear a reservist is. The instruction to a reservist is going to be more literal than subliminal messaging, they receive actual instruction.

What events would I consider to be God driven acts? Well I would consider the universal father acting through faith-sons as God-driven acts. There probably are some amazing contacts of midwayers with humans, I just know from experience that 11:11 is not one of them. I used to see that number a lot and I can make myself see that number in a similar way if I wanted to.

loveofrightdoing

Last edited by boomshuka on Wed Apr 10, 2013 8:53 pm +0000, edited 3 times in total.

PostPosted:  

HI elevener 8)

'' What kind of events would you consider to be attributed to GOD driven acts.''

Heres A Interesting Quote To Consider :wink:

113:4.3 Seraphim function as teachers of men by guiding the footsteps of the human personality into paths of new and progressive experiences. To accept the guidance of a seraphim rarely means attaining a life of ease. In following this leading you are sure to encounter, and if you have the courage, to traverse, the rugged hills of moral choosing and spiritual progress.

Although
'' On the mansion worlds you will be conscious and aware of seraphic instructors, but in the first life men are usually unaware of them.''

113:4.2 Mortal man, subject to Adjuster leading, is also amenable to seraphic guidance. The Adjuster is the essence of man's eternal nature; the seraphim is the teacher of man's evolving nature—in this life the mortal mind, in the next the morontia soul. On the mansion worlds you will be conscious and aware of seraphic instructors, but in the first life men are usually unaware of them.

113:4.3 Seraphim function as teachers of men by guiding the footsteps of the human personality into paths of new and progressive experiences. To accept the guidance of a seraphim rarely means attaining a life of ease. In following this leading you are sure to encounter, and if you have the courage, to traverse, the rugged hills of moral choosing and spiritual progress.

PostPosted:  

Know what elevenner, i believe you. for a simple reason that we think we know that things are not what we think it is; but,we doubly do not know if it really is!

Over thinking would drown that still small voice.

PostPosted:  

elevener 8)

Please Also Consider These Informative Quotes :idea:

75:4.8 I talked to the father and mother of the violet race that night in the Garden as became my duty under the sorrowful circumstances. I listened fully to the recital of all that led up to the default of Mother Eve and gave both of them advice and counsel concerning the immediate situation. Some of this advice they followed; some they disregarded. This conference appears in your records as “the Lord God calling to Adam and Eve in the Garden and asking, ‘Where are you?’” It was the practice of later generations to attribute everything unusual and extraordinary, whether natural or spiritual, directly to the personal intervention of the Gods.

97:8.5 All modern religions have seriously blundered in the attempt to put a miraculous interpretation on certain epochs of human history. While it is true that God has many times thrust a Father’s hand of providential intervention into the stream of human affairs, it is a mistake to regard theologic dogmas and religious superstition as a supernatural sedimentation appearing by miraculous action in this stream of human history. The fact that the “Most Highs rule in the kingdoms of men” does not convert secular history into so-called sacred history.

118:10.5 God loves each creature as a child, and that love overshadows each creature throughout all time and eternity. Providence functions with regard to the total and deals with the function of any creature as such function is related to the total. Providential intervention with regard to any being is indicative of the importance of the function of that being as concerns the evolutionary growth of some total; such total may be the total race, the total nation, the total planet, or even a higher total. It is the importance of the function of the creature that occasions providential intervention, not the importance of the creature as a person.

118:10.23 When men pray for providential intervention in the circumstances of life, many times the answer to their prayer is their own changed attitudes toward life. But providence is not whimsical, neither is it fantastic nor magical. It is the slow and sure emergence of the mighty sovereign of the finite universes, whose majestic presence the evolving creatures occasionally detect in their universe progressions. Providence is the sure and certain march of the galaxies of space and the personalities of time toward the goals of eternity, first in the Supreme, then in the Ultimate, and perhaps in the Absolute. And in infinity we believe there is the same providence, and this is the will, the actions, the purpose of the Paradise Trinity thus motivating the cosmic panorama of universes upon universes.

PostPosted:  

Our GOD can do as HE does in any way that HE sees fit and through any means avaliable. Time is not a limiting factor and of course space isn't. If God wanted to send a smile to a believer that is HIS choice in any fashion HE wants, using whatever being HE wants to utilize. I am not stuck on the 1's. that was only one experience. i had always been called the odd one as a child by my peers, now as an elder i am so happy that i was a little on the odd side.There have been many different things that defy normality throughout my journey and i am sure many more are coming .

Remember sometimes when we believe that we have reached a peak in our learning we have less rigor in our study, we must always continue with the vigorous pursuit that we started with and i promise a new truth will be revealed..... now i am going to dig into this wonderful BOOK now that i have been blessed to find once again.(thanks to my pursuit of the 1111 phenomenom)

WHEN WE PUT ONE EYE IN A MICROSCOPE AND THE OTHER IN A TELESCOPE, WE WILL KNOW WHEN WE HAVE REACHED OUR GOAL, AT THE TIME OUR EYES APPEAR TO EACH OTHER...............