Urantia Book Forum

Urantia Book Discussion Board : Study Group
It is currently Fri Apr 16, 2021 12:47 pm +0000

All times are UTC - 7 hours




Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 490 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 28, 29, 30, 31, 32, 33  Next
Author Message
 Post subject: Re: Relativity and TUB
PostPosted:  
Offline
User avatar

Joined: Tue Sep 23, 2003 4:47 pm +0000
Posts: 1394
Location: San Antonio
I admit most all of this is over my head and if some one has already brought this up forgive me, there is just to much to read to catch up on this post.

But does not the U.B. talking about the existence and need for the Dark spheres with their extreme gravity's, help us understand these questions?

I mean the fact that they need to be in specific places in order to hold systems together and in place, does not that tell us much more about what the U.B. is telling us?


Top
 Profile Send private message  
Reply with quote  
 Post subject: Re: Relativity and TUB
PostPosted:  
Offline

Joined: Sun Jul 08, 2012 2:03 pm +0000
Posts: 528
Hi J. Barry,
It seems to be all about balance. Perfect balance. Now, perfect balance means stillness, the Perfection of Paradise. To create God must allow imbalance. This creation is Motion. Motion must mimic in totality, the perfect stillness of The Creator. Therefore must motion be a balanced rhythmic interchange of motion which, in the end adds up to zero net motion. This is the pattern of motion. Clockwise balance by counter-clockwise. All relative motions must be balanced in this manner everywhere in the Universe. Absolute motion such as breathing space motions and rotation are already absolute and balanced inherently. It's all a Balancing Act! :smile:

Thanks for the reminder J. Berry. God Blesses.


Top
 Profile Send private message  
Reply with quote  
 Post subject: Re: Relativity and TUB
PostPosted:  
Offline
User avatar

Joined: Wed Jan 23, 2008 11:09 am +0000
Posts: 722
Location: Jacksonville, FL
Yes, it is all about perfect balance, perfect harmony, perfect symmetry - truth, beauty, goodness - divinity - God.


Top
 Profile Send private message  
Reply with quote  
 Post subject: Re: Relativity and TUB
PostPosted:  
Offline

Joined: Wed Sep 12, 2012 2:07 am +0000
Posts: 981
As I delve further into this I think I can be convinced that gravity, but not linear gravity, lies deep in the c^2 term also. Maxwell clearly saw that space, or at the least the energy in space, is tensioned. That is why space will not tolerate departures from energy equilibrium. The tension forces the energy of the disturbances to be dispersed into the background. We can compare that with the terms "pressure-presence" and "tension-trends", even "mighty-tensioned" used by the revelators when talking about gravity conditioned space. Gravity is apparently what gives space its tension apart from any presence of matter.

Displacement, the term used to denote the change of location of an object from one point in time to another, has dimension L (Length). Q stands for the dimension Charge, M for Mass, T for Time. Here are some basic physical qualities and their dimensions.

Displacement ......... L
Velocity ................ L/T
Acceleration .......... L/T^2
Angular Velocity ..... T^-1 .............. (or 1/T)
Angular Accel ........ T^-2
Momentum ............ ML/T
Force ................... ML/T^2
Energy ................. ML^2/T^2 ....... (Torque and Work have this same dimensional configuration)
Power .................. ML^2/T^3
Current ................ Q/T
Electric Field ......... ML/QT^2
Magnetic Field ....... M/QT


Last edited by Riktare on Sun Sep 08, 2013 11:21 pm +0000, edited 5 times in total.

Top
 Profile Send private message  
Reply with quote  
 Post subject: Re: Relativity and TUB
PostPosted:  
Offline

Joined: Wed Sep 12, 2012 2:07 am +0000
Posts: 981
The 2 primary physical characteristics of space, as we know them, are Permeability and Permittivity having dimensions:

Permeability .......... ML/Q^2
Permittivity ........... Q^2T^2/ML^3

Simply put, these describe how charge affects mass in motion and vice versa. And how energy traverses space.

Maxwell developed his set of equations to incorporate Permeability and Permittivity to describe essentially how electricity and magnetism change in relation to each other and indirectly in relation to an object having mass. His equations are partial differential equations so they deal with the relationships between infinitesimal changes to quantities of each thing being measured.

In doing so, he discovered that the value of Permeability times Permittivity in a vacuum is equal to the inverse of the speed of light squared. He also specified that both Permeability and Permittivity change as matter is inserted into space. You could say he pre-discovered the relationship E = mc^2. Remember that c is the tension activated speed in which space responds to energy changes.


Last edited by Riktare on Sun Sep 08, 2013 5:12 am +0000, edited 1 time in total.

Top
 Profile Send private message  
Reply with quote  
 Post subject: Re: Relativity and TUB
PostPosted:  
Offline

Joined: Wed Sep 12, 2012 2:07 am +0000
Posts: 981
The tension of empty space is, I think, better described by the term c^2. If we consider that "Universe Power" might have the characteristics Permeability and Permittivity, we can get a more concrete understanding if we recognize the dimensional equivalence of:

Permeability -----> Inductance / Displacement
Permittivity ------> Capacitance / Displacement

and

Permittivity ------> Conductivity times Time

If we take the dimensions of one over Permeability times Permittivity we get:

ML^3 ...................... Q^2 ........ L^2
-------- .... times .... ------ => --------
Q^2T^2 ................... ML ......... T^2

Which means that c^2 has dimension L^2/T^2

L^2/T^2 is also the dimension of Acceleration times Displacement


Last edited by Riktare on Sun Sep 08, 2013 11:03 pm +0000, edited 1 time in total.

Top
 Profile Send private message  
Reply with quote  
 Post subject: Re: Relativity and TUB
PostPosted:  
Offline

Joined: Sun Jul 08, 2012 2:03 pm +0000
Posts: 528
C^2 is Length^2/Time^2

Length ^2 is The One Infinite Plane, which are three planes in One, which are orthogonal planes, The Absolute Relationship, The Holy Trinity.

Time and space are inseparable in finite time-space only. The Infinite Plane is not in time-space. It is in Infinity.

So, The time element is void.

C^2 is The Holy Trinity! :smile:


Top
 Profile Send private message  
Reply with quote  
 Post subject: Re: Relativity and TUB
PostPosted:  
Offline

Joined: Wed Sep 12, 2012 2:07 am +0000
Posts: 981
Maybe there is something to the notion that the 3 different, independent (orthogonal) directions of space may derive from the Trinity 8)


Top
 Profile Send private message  
Reply with quote  
 Post subject: Re: Relativity and TUB
PostPosted:  
Offline

Joined: Thu Feb 04, 2010 6:10 am +0000
Posts: 1945
Riktare wrote:
As I delve further into this I think I can be convinced that gravity, but not linear gravity, lies deep in the c^2 term also.

[…]

If we take the dimensions of one over Permeability times Permittivity we get:

ML^3 ...................... Q^2 ........ L^2
-------- .... times .... ------ => --------
Q^2T^2 ................... ML ......... T^2

Which means that c^2 has dimension L^2/T^2

L^2/T^2 is also the dimension of Acceleration times Displacement
Hi Riktare, Thanks for the analysis. So c^2 has dimension (L/T)^2, which is the same as the dimension of Acceleration times Displacement and (apparently) the dimension of one over Permeability times Permittivity. But (linear) gravity has dimension L/T^2; not L(L/T^2). What would be the physical meaning of multiplying gravity by displacement? What displacement? Are you suggesting that nonlinear gravity (God) has dimension L^2/T^2..?


Top
 Profile Send private message  
Reply with quote  
 Post subject: Re: Relativity and TUB
PostPosted:  
Offline

Joined: Sun Jul 08, 2012 2:03 pm +0000
Posts: 528
Hi Steve,

Everything is derived from The Holy Trinity. The Absolute of Relation, of Three orthogonal Infinite plane is analogous to the three concentric orthogonal circles that constitutes the emblem of Michael. This is a Pattern for other other relationships in time-space.

One thing, however, orthogonal does not mean independent. In the Trinity they are One, interdependent. In finite reality they must also be interdependent. You cannot split them up into independent vectors. Motion is spiral. You cannot model that motion with vectors because you would require an infinite number of vectors. You can at best approximate motions but the equations will eventually go off into infinity and not converse because motion originates at infinity, reflects art infinity, collides with other motions in infinity, and return to infinity, only to repeat itself in Eternity. So maybe it is best to renormalized and just acknowledge the fudge and move on.

If gravity is what you say L/t^2 , Then you must concede that it is reduced to L because gravity is an infinite line from which it pulls perpendicularly energy into mass. The intersection of two planes is a line. That One line is the source of gravity and is the axis of rotation of any spinning object.

The I Am is non dimensional, a point. The Trinity is zero, one, two dimensional. The planes are two dimensional, their intersection is lines, the intersection of all is the point. BUT, there is only one line, one plane, and one point. This is because Euclid was wrong and there cannot be parallel lines and planes because in the ideal there is no time-space and there cannot be any distance between. This is the metaphysical blunder.

Bart is correct to question your dimensionality because no time component is possible, neither in The I Am or The Trinity.

Unless you have L^3, you cannot have time. And If you have L^3 you had better have /T^3. Time and space are inseparable. In fact there is only L^3/T^3. This is mass. Remember, however, that there is also another absolute motion, breathing. That muddles the water. But science does not recognize this and everything is fuzzy and indeterminate. :smile:


Top
 Profile Send private message  
Reply with quote  
 Post subject: Re: Relativity and TUB
PostPosted:  
Offline

Joined: Wed Sep 12, 2012 2:07 am +0000
Posts: 981
Bart wrote:
Hi Riktare, Thanks for the analysis. So c^2 has dimension (L/T)^2, which is the same as the dimension of Acceleration times Displacement and (apparently) the dimension of one over Permeability times Permittivity. But (linear) gravity has dimension L/T^2; not L(L/T^2). What would be the physical meaning of multiplying gravity by displacement? What displacement? Are you suggesting that nonlinear gravity (God) has dimension L^2/T^2..?


Hi Bart, Thanks for providing the nice trick of coloring the . spacing characters white so they become invisible.

I'm not suggesting c^2 has anything to do with linear gravity. It seems clear, to me at least, that it is the backbone describing the exchange of energy between particles or components of a particle - ultimatons within an electron for example. It involves energy dispersion.

Neither would I necessarily associate the embedded dimension L/T^2 with linear gravity in this case. More generally L/T^2 indicates acceleration, which can arise from the application of any force such as the electromagnetic force which is immensely stronger than linear gravity in the microscopic realms of elementary particles, typically.

I might suggest though, that c^2 lays out the bounding conditions for energy transfer to and from a particle. For any fixed amount of energy, the amount of acceleration the energy may endure lessens as the amount of displacement increases and vice versa. It might be almost akin to the Uncertainty Principle.

Displacement is only a measurement of how far a particle has moved in some arbitrary amount of time. So it indicates and quantifies movement. The idea is that we model particle and energy interactions by taking snapshots at fixed points in time and watch the system unfold like a movie.


Top
 Profile Send private message  
Reply with quote  
 Post subject: Re: Relativity and TUB
PostPosted:  
Offline

Joined: Sun Jul 08, 2012 2:03 pm +0000
Posts: 528
Riktare wrote:

Neither would I necessarily associate the embedded dimension L/T^2 with linear gravity in this case. More generally L/T^2 indicates acceleration, which can arise from the application of any force such as the electromagnetic force which is immensely stronger than linear gravity in the microscopic realms of elementary particles, typically.

I might suggest though, that c^2 lays out the bounding conditions for energy transfer to and from a particle. For any fixed amount of energy, the amount of acceleration the energy may endure lessens as the amount of displacement increases and vice versa. It might be almost akin to the Uncertainty Principle.


0:6.11 Pattern may configure energy, but it does not control it. Gravity is the sole control of energy-matter. Neither space nor pattern are gravity responsive, but there is no relationship between space and pattern; space is neither pattern nor potential pattern. Pattern is a configuration of reality which has already paid all gravity debt; the reality of any pattern consists of its energies, its mind, spirit, or material components.

Hi Steve,

How can you reconcile your statement EM force with the quote above? And c^2 is an infinite plane, two velocity vectors squared. All lines are infinite because there is only one line and it has no parallel. c^2 is in there realm of the ideal. Put Euclid to rest. He mixes the ideal with the finite an started all of this confusion.

It is important to see that L/T^2 is not real. Acceleration is not real and velocity is not real because you have an imbalance in time-space dimensions. To be real in the finite reality you must have a one to one association in time-space dimensions. In less dimension than L^2 you are in the ideal, and time cannot exist there. Time and space are inseparable.

It is better to present 'space-time' as:

Length-Time
Breadth-Time
Height-Time
Space Breathing

2+2+2+1= 7 total dimensions of space-time. These dimensions are inseparable.

Also note that the geometric figure for acceleration is the circle. A circle represents no motion. There are no circular orbits, they are all elliptical.

Euler's Identity equation, e^iPi + 1 = 0 Applies to an ellipse, NOT a circle. Phi, the third transcendental has been inconspicuously imbedded in 1.

Stop to consider 1/Phi^2 + 1/Phi = 1, where Capital (P) Phi is equal to .618... and lower case phi is 1.618... or Phi + 1.

Therefore, Euler's Equation becomes e^iPi + 1/Phi^2 + 1/Phi = 0. There is phi embedded in this motion equation. It is elliptical. There IS motion in the ellipse. It is a logarithmic accelerated acceleration. I cannot see why no one has seen this for centuries.


Top
 Profile Send private message  
Reply with quote  
 Post subject: Re: Relativity and TUB
PostPosted:  
Offline

Joined: Wed Sep 12, 2012 2:07 am +0000
Posts: 981
Hi Louis,

In 0:6.11 I don't think the author meant to imply that there exists no other force than gravity that can move an object. Exactly what was meant by "control" is an extremely interesting question. It may have something to do with gravity being the root of the manifestation of all other forces. Sort of as if gravity is the pump in a water system. The plumbing is the structure and can route the water to give all sorts of useful effects in a household. But the main pump controls it all.

Your ideas about geometry and dimensions are intriguing, but I don't as yet see a way of making them work for us. Euclidian geometry has been extremely useful to us. Maybe we will learn better as Mota students, but I certainly lack Mota vision.

When I get some more time I'll try out your modified Euler's Identity equation. If it works the way you think it does, it could be very useful. But it would seem to give a very special and unique ellipse. Have you demonstrated mathematically that it corresponds to something natural such as planetary motion?


Top
 Profile Send private message  
Reply with quote  
 Post subject: Re: Relativity and TUB
PostPosted:  
Offline

Joined: Thu Feb 04, 2010 6:10 am +0000
Posts: 1945
loucol wrote:
... Bart is correct to question your dimensionality because no time component is possible, neither in The I Am or The Trinity.

Unless you have L^3, you cannot have time. And If you have L^3 you had better have /T^3. Time and space are inseparable. In fact there is only L^3/T^3. This is mass. Remember, however, that there is also another absolute motion, breathing. That muddles the water. But science does not recognize this and everything is fuzzy and indeterminate. :)
Hi Louis, In a natural dynamical system, L (displacement or length) implies 3 spatial dimensions: height, width and depth: L = sqrt( h^2 + w^2 + d^2 ). So L^2 may represent as many as 3 × 3 = 9 spatial dimensions.. And T^0 = 1.. :)


Top
 Profile Send private message  
Reply with quote  
 Post subject: Re: Relativity and TUB
PostPosted:  
Offline

Joined: Sun Jul 08, 2012 2:03 pm +0000
Posts: 528
Bart wrote:
loucol wrote:
... Bart is correct to question your dimensionality because no time component is possible, neither in The I Am or The Trinity.

Unless you have L^3, you cannot have time. And If you have L^3 you had better have /T^3. Time and space are inseparable. In fact there is only L^3/T^3. This is mass. Remember, however, that there is also another absolute motion, breathing. That muddles the water. But science does not recognize this and everything is fuzzy and indeterminate. :)
Hi Louis, In a natural dynamical system, L (displacement or length) implies 3 spatial dimensions: height, width and depth: L = sqrt( h^2 + w^2 + d^2 ). So L^2 may represent as many as 3 × 3 = 9 spatial dimensions.. And T^0 = 1.. :)


Yes Bart , you can define L as a three vector system but each vector must be accompanied by time, for time and space are inseparable. If you have a 9 spatial manifold you require 9 in time. That would be a time warp that I am unfamiliar with in observable natural dynamical systems. O:)


Top
 Profile Send private message  
Reply with quote  
Display posts from previous:  Sort by  
Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 490 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 28, 29, 30, 31, 32, 33  Next

All times are UTC - 7 hours


Who is online

Registered users: Google [Bot], Majestic-12 [Bot]


You cannot post new topics in this forum
You cannot reply to topics in this forum
You cannot edit your posts in this forum
You cannot delete your posts in this forum
You can post attachments in this forum

Search for:
Jump to:  
Powered by phpBB® Forum Software © phpBB Group