Urantia Book Forum

Urantia Book Discussion Board : Study Group
It is currently Sat Aug 24, 2019 3:14 am +0000

All times are UTC - 7 hours

PostPosted:  

Hi everyone,

I have been a reader of TUB since 1998. I am reading it now for the 8th time -front to back.

I am delighted to become a student of UBIS for the first time.
The responses and discussions to the questions reveals to me how effective the "Fifth Epochal Revelation" is in so many peoples lives.
To hear the many views, expressions and experiences of everyone invloved is very inspirational.

We are studying the course on The Local Universe Mother Spirit.

I am looking forward to taking all courses offered.
So far, the Holy Spirit has become even more intimate and deeply related personally.

Is there anyone else here who has been or now is a student of UBIS?
Any thoughts or suggestions?

Profile Send private message  
PostPosted:  

Is it free? hahah

Thehapyandefectivepersonismotivatednotbyfearofwrongdoingbutby
loveofrightdoing

PostPosted:  

Majestone wrote:
Hi everyone,

I have been a reader of TUB since 1998. I am reading it now for the 8th time -front to back.

I am delighted to become a student of UBIS for the first time.
The responses and discussions to the questions reveals to me how effective the "Fifth Epochal Revelation" is in so many peoples lives.
To hear the many views, expressions and experiences of everyone invloved is very inspirational.

We are studying the course on The Local Universe Mother Spirit.

I am looking forward to taking all courses offered.
So far, the Holy Spirit has become even more intimate and deeply related personally.

Is there anyone else here who has been or now is a student of UBIS?
Any thoughts or suggestions?

I've been a student of UBIS several times over the years. I have always found it refreshing to discuss the specific subjects with others and reflect on their questions and answers. You come across many different view points. Also it always been free. I was part of the first group of people to be students and it has evolved much over the years. I believe a course lasts for 8 weeks. One week you will pick 3 questions to answer out of 6 or more and the next week you discuss everyones answers. You can learn a lot.

PostPosted:  

Quote:
Also it always been free

I like the sound of that :)
What kind of questions do you get? and what kind of answer's are allowed? Is it a memorization thing or a subjective answer sort of thing? Is there anything comparable to it you have seen on this message board? If the student disagree's with the teacher is that okay? Lol.

Thehapyandefectivepersonismotivatednotbyfearofwrongdoingbutby
loveofrightdoing

PostPosted:  

boomshuka wrote:
Quote:
Also it always been free

I like the sound of that :)
What kind of questions do you get? and what kind of answer's are allowed? Is it a memorization thing or a subjective answer sort of thing? Is there anything comparable to it you have seen on this message board? If the student disagree's with the teacher is that okay? Lol.

I believe the questions are developed by the facilitator (they don't call themselves teachers), but I don't know for sure. The questions are designed in a way that there is no right or wrong answer, just your interpatation. It may be something specific or general about the topic. It is not a memorization thing, the given course you sign up for will be about a certain subject. For example the last course I took last fall was about Thought Adjusters. So the questions are usually from the given paper that is being discussed for that week. You get a week to answer the questions (generally you have to select 3 to answer out of the list which is usually 6 to 8 or more) and the following week is for discussing everyones answers. They use a website that is similar in style to a forum, but not the same. Again, the teacher really isn't teaching. They just coordinate and make comments. Most interaction is with other students, commenting on what they said of vise versa. I recommend it to any level UB student.

PostPosted:  

For those interested, I also recommend the Urantia Book Internet School or UBIS! Very interesting format that allows great interaction with students from around the world.

Open enrollment begins TODAY!!!! Don't miss out! Subscribe to the newsletter and receive semester announcements and invitations.

Check it out:

https://new.ubis.urantia.org/moodle/

:biggrin: :wink: :idea: :?: :!: 8)