Urantia Book Forum

Urantia Book Discussion Board : Study Group
It is currently Wed Apr 01, 2020 4:41 pm +0000

All times are UTC - 7 hours

PostPosted:  

Is it appropriate to pray to the Mother Spirit, just as we pray to the Creator Son?

Profile Send private message  
PostPosted:  

5:3.5 When you deal with the practical affairs of your daily life, you are in the hands of the spirit personalities having origin in the Third Source and Center; you are co-operating with the agencies of the Conjoint Actor. And so it is: You worship God; pray to, and commune with, the Son; and work out the details of your earthly sojourn in connection with the intelligences of the Infinite Spirit operating on your world and throughout your universe.

''and work out the details of your earthly sojourn in connection with the intelligences of the Infinite Spirit operating on your world and throughout your universe.''

Im Not Sure Exactly What IT Means To ~
work out the details of your earthly sojourn in connection with the intelligences of the Infinite Spirit . :?:

PostPosted:  

the sincere prayer of faith is a mighty force for the promotion of personal happiness, individual self-control, social harmony, moral progress, and spiritual attainment.

91:6.3 No matter how difficult it may be to reconcile the scientific doubtings regarding the efficacy of prayer with the ever-present urge to seek help and guidance from divine sources, never forget that the sincere prayer of faith is a mighty force for the promotion of personal happiness, individual self-control, social harmony, moral progress, and spiritual attainment.

168:4.5 2. When a prayer is apparently unanswered, the delay often betokens a better answer, although one which is for some good reason greatly delayed. When Jesus said that Lazarus’s sickness was really not to the death, he had already been dead eleven hours. No sincere prayer is denied an answer except when the superior viewpoint of the spiritual world has devised a better answer, an answer which meets the petition of the spirit of man as contrasted with the prayer of the mere mind of man.

194:3.20 Prayer did not bring the spirit on the day of Pentecost, but it did have much to do with determining the capacity of receptivity which characterized the individual believers. Prayer does not move the divine heart to liberality of bestowal, but it does so often dig out larger and deeper channels wherein the divine bestowals may flow to the hearts and souls of those who thus remember to maintain unbroken communion with their Maker through sincere prayer and true worship.

PostPosted:  

17:6.5 The newly identified Creative Spirit remains with the Master Spirit until the moment of the departure of the Creator Son for the adventure of space; whereupon the Master Spirit commits the new Spirit consort to the keeping of the Creator Son, at the same time administering to the Spirit consort the charge of eternal fidelity and unending loyalty.

the creator sons keeps the divine minister so we are praying to both when we pray to either.

Yoder777 wrote:
Is it appropriate to pray to the Mother Spirit, just as we pray to the Creator Son?

PostPosted:  

What's the difference between a Creative Spirit and a Master Spirit?

PostPosted:  

Since the Urantia Book personalizes the feminine aspect of the divine as the Mother Spirit, it can appeal to neo-Gnostics like Dan Brown and Elaine Pagels who feel that the concept of the divine feminine is lacking in mainstream Christianity.

PostPosted:  

Yoder 8)

Theres A Few Older Posts About Sophia You may find Interesting .

search.php?keywords=sophia&terms=all&author=&sc=1&sf=all&sk=t&sd=d&sr=posts&st=0&ch=300&t=0&submit=Search

SOPHIA

PostPosted:  

Quote:
As a side note, it is regrettable that the Wisdom or "Sophia" concept of the earliest Christian Trinitarians at Antioch (see emphasis, last quote) faded into the lost pages of early church history. This image of Sophia is in certain ways an accurate depiction of the local universe Mother Spirit concept of The Urantia Book. By the fourth century, Sophia was largely dropped in favor of the genderless Holy Spirit, or merged into the rising cult of Mary, the Theotokos ("God-bearer" or "Mother of God"). But there is great hope that she will be retrieved. As we noted previously, through the visionary theology of Vladimir Soloviev, a school of Orthodox "sophiology" arose in Russia in the nineteenth century to explore this ancient notion once again, and this revivified Sophia concept is, curiously, enjoying a renaissance both in Russia today and in the United States among eco-feminist thinkers and creation theologians. Is it possible that creative Orthodox theologians might someday revive the cultic basis for the veneration of the Mother Spirit and even the Infinite Mother Spirit?
http://urantiabook.org/archive/sfj/orth ... rantia.htm

I've seen some sites that refer to the Mother Spirit as Nebadonia.

PostPosted:  

deleted

Last edited by As-Above-So-Below on Fri May 10, 2013 2:31 pm +0000, edited 1 time in total.

PostPosted:  

the master spirit rules a superuniverse of 100,000 potential universes, the creative spirit is the wife of a creator son and they make one universe. 13:0.5 The seven worlds of the Infinite Spirit are occupied by the Seven Master Spirits, who preside over the destinies of the seven superuniverses, sending forth the spiritual illumination of the Third Person of Deity to these creations of time and space. And all Havona, but not the Isle of Paradise, is bathed in these spiritualizing influences.

can you make a picture of this coop? male and female is irrelevent, do you have will as a being, can you know god are the only questions. 1:0.2 The myriads of planetary systems were all made to be eventually inhabited by many different types of intelligent creatures, beings who could know God, receive the divine affection, and love him in return.

Yoder777 wrote:
What's the difference between a Creative Spirit and a Master Spirit?Since the Urantia Book personalizes the feminine aspect of the divine as the Mother Spirit, it can appeal to neo-Gnostics like Dan Brown and Elaine Pagels who feel that the concept of the divine feminine is lacking in mainstream Christianity.

PostPosted:  

Yoder777 wrote:
It seems that all spiritual influences (including our local universe Mother Spirit) can only be (finitely) experienced as one united spiritual ministration of the Supreme God:
Quote:
8:5.4 There are many spiritual influences, and they are all as one. Even the work of the Thought Adjusters, though independent of all other influences, unvaryingly coincides with the spirit ministry of the combined influences of the Infinite Spirit and a local universe Mother Spirit. As these spiritual presences operate in the lives of Urantians, they cannot be segregated. In your minds and upon your souls they function as one spirit, notwithstanding their diverse origins. And as this united spiritual ministration is experienced, it becomes to you the influence of the Supreme, “who is ever able to keep you from failing and to present you blameless before your Father on high.”

106:2.7 God the Supreme is experiential; therefore is he completely experiencible. The existential realities of the seven Absolutes are not perceivable by the technique of experience; only the personality realities of the Father, Son, and Spirit can be grasped by the personality of the finite creature in the prayer-worship attitude.
So, I’d say, worship God. :)

PostPosted:  

Nice quotes bart those sum up this question a lot.

Thehapyandefectivepersonismotivatednotbyfearofwrongdoingbutby
loveofrightdoing

PostPosted:  

boomshuka wrote:
Nice quotes bart those sum up this question a lot.
Well, actually the Supreme Being is designated the divine Mother (not Mother Spirit) in TUB. :) And "The morontia soul of an evolving mortal is really the son of the Adjuster action of the Universal Father and the child of the cosmic reaction of the Supreme Being, the Universal Mother.":
Quote:
117:6.2 If you truly desire to find God, you cannot help having born in your minds the consciousness of the Supreme. As God is your divine Father, so is the Supreme your divine Mother, in whom you are nurtured throughout your lives as universe creatures. “How universal is the Supreme — he is on all sides! The limitless things of creation depend on his presence for life, and none are refused.”

117:6.5 The morontia soul of an evolving mortal is really the son of the Adjuster action of the Universal Father and the child of the cosmic reaction of the Supreme Being, the Universal Mother. The mother influence dominates the human personality throughout the local universe childhood of the growing soul. The influence of the Deity parents becomes more equal after the Adjuster fusion and during the superuniverse career, but when the creatures of time begin the traversal of the central universe of eternity, the Father nature becomes increasingly manifest, attaining its height of finite manifestation upon the recognition of the Universal Father and the admission into the Corps of the Finality.
Personally I’m philosophically attracted to the fundamental idea that ultimately all things and all beings are different manifestation of One absolute God; the First Source and Center. Nevertheless, TUB states: "The mother influence dominates the human personality throughout the local universe childhood of the growing soul." (117:6.5) I really couldn’t say whether or not this implies that it is possible or 'appropriate' to specifically address the Universal Father or Universal Mother through prayer/worship.. :?

PostPosted:  

Quote:
Personally I’m philosophically attracted to the fundamental idea that ultimately all things and all beings are different manifestation of One absolute God; the First Source and Center. Nevertheless, TUB states: "The mother influence dominates the human personality throughout the local universe childhood of the growing soul." (117:6.5) I really couldn’t say whether or not this implies that it is possible or 'appropriate' to specifically address the Universal Father or Universal Mother through prayer/worship..

I am just speculating here but I know Creator sons are the child of the Eternal Son and Father and If I am not mistaken I believe the Creator mother spirit is the Daughter of the Infinite Spirit and the two work together. So if we are thinking in terms of shear power, we are looking at 2 very very powerfull being's with a tremendous influence on their realms obviously not working on the same power level as the 3 persons of trinity though. If we keep looking past these two beings though we see the 3 persons of Trinity where the Father is the One absolute God and first source and center, in which all personality's originate from. So I wouuld say that all beings including Micheal of Nebadon and the mother spirit, even though they are in some respects our mother, and father these two beings true mother and father is the Eternal Son and Infinite Father.

I am not sure if I have this right, but I believe that absolute mind I believe comes from the Infinite Spirit and then it is downstepped by the Master Spirits, and then it is downstepped again at the local universe level threw the Creative mother spirit. Than threw the Mother Spirit we as mortals can be given by loan the Cosmic Mind :).

I think of the Supreme being as the Hand of God. I am not sure how accurate that statement is, but I have always thought that this Supreme Being is the Absolute Infinite God escaping into finite reality.

I know some readers who have a good idea of all the different levels of all these being's and how they fit together. In dealing with family I guess everyone starts to look alike hahah. In the end though its clear that the U.B is saying that the Father is by far the most powerfull being in all of the universe.

34.1) 2:1.2 “There is but one God, the infinite Father, who is also a faithful Creator.” “The divine Creator is also the Universal Disposer, the source and destiny of souls. He is the Supreme Soul, the Primal Mind, and the Unlimited Spirit of all creation.” “The great Controller makes no mistakes. He is resplendent in majesty and glory.” “The Creator God is wholly devoid of fear and enmity. He is immortal, eternal, self-existent, divine, and bountiful.” “How pure and beautiful, how deep and unfathomable is the supernal Ancestor of all things!” “The Infinite is most excellent in that he imparts himself to men. He is the beginning and the end, the Father of every good and perfect purpose.” “With God all things are possible; the eternal Creator is the cause of causes.”

(34.4) 2:1.5 No thing is new to God, and no cosmic event ever comes as a surprise; he inhabits the circle of eternity. He is without beginning or end of days. To God there is no past, present, or future; all time is present at any given moment. He is the great and only I AM.

Thehapyandefectivepersonismotivatednotbyfearofwrongdoingbutby
loveofrightdoing