Urantia Book Forum

Urantia Book Discussion Board : Study Group
It is currently Wed Oct 16, 2019 11:38 pm +0000

All times are UTC - 7 hours

PostPosted:  

I like this quote from paper 2, as part of a summary.
Quote:
Between you and God there is a tremendous distance (physical space) to be traversed. There likewise exists a great gulf of spiritual differential which must be bridged; but notwithstanding all that physically and spiritually separates you from the Paradise personal presence of God, stop and ponder the solemn fact that God lives within you; he has in his own way already bridged the gulf. He has sent of himself, his spirit, to live in you and to toil with you as you pursue your eternal universe career.

And this one from paper 2.

Quote:
38.6) 2:5.1 “God is love”; therefore his only personal attitude towards the affairs of the universe is always a reaction of divine affection. The Father loves us sufficiently to bestow his life upon us. “He makes his sun to rise on the evil and on the good and sends rain on the just and on the unjust.”

(39.1) 2:5.2 It is wrong to think of God as being coaxed into loving his children because of the sacrifices of his Sons or the intercession of his subordinate creatures, “for the Father himself loves you.” It is in response to this paternal affection that God sends the marvelous Adjusters to indwell the minds of men. God’s love is universal; “whosoever will may come.” He would “have all men be saved by coming into the knowledge of the truth.” He is “not willing that any should perish.”

Thehapyandefectivepersonismotivatednotbyfearofwrongdoingbutby
loveofrightdoing

Profile Send private message  
PostPosted:  

Coop I agree, in all my readings and discussion with many faiths, there is not the same sence of continued progress. They all seem to have a final destination or a becoming one with, but no vision of what more could be awaiting us in this grand adventure.

And yes Boom the UB has given me and I would like to think every one else whom has read it a truly profound understanding of our relationship to God though the detailed info about our TA's

PostPosted:  

Even I have long pondered the issue that is discussed now. Beyond any revelation from heaven is that we can have no doubt that each of us can relate with their spiritual inhabitant.
Each revelation adds, however, a "piece" missing the big puzzle of the universe. We could do without the Bible, what about the speech given above, if the adjuster cohabits in us of thinking, then every person in every place, after the baptism of Jesus, becomes the sole interpreter of his life, even no revelations. So the problem I think is a false problem, IMO, may also exist, but this speech projected in other directions. For example, if in 1935/36 we have been given this further revelation (the V in order of time) this has been done for a purpose. Two of these reasons could be:
1) Announce to the world the Father's mission, namely, that by faith alone in God we are saved;
2) Maybe our time will not be able to announce this testimony and our planet could be the example of the shameful end the rebellion of Lucifer. In this case V will epochal revelation to all those of us who are called to a role more challenging to deal with what is described in the Apocalypse of John.

PostPosted:  

I think the Urantia Book's message for us in short is that we live and progress in accordance with God's plans using our God given abilities (both material and spiritual).

That essentially means to live 'wisely' as a free-willed mortal but taking full use of the guidance of the gift of God that resides in us and not as an ignorant and lazy 'beast-like' human, so that we are able to proceed our everlasting journey of progress in accordance with His plans.

PostPosted:  

Love is the secret benefit between personality's :). Or something like that, I forget the exact quote.

loveofrightdoing

PostPosted:  

I think that the UB’s message is personal and individual. To me, at least, the UB tailors it’s message to the individual. I know I get insights out of it that others seem to overlook, and am often amazed by the insights others have gleaned from certain paragraphs which to me gave only a cursory interest.

The greatest thing about the fifth epochal revelation to me is that it appears to be intentionally based around the individual, and not the group. This is a mass media revelation which speaks directly to the actions and attitude of each of us, rather than attempting to conform us into a well oiled machine of conformist and inflexible individuals.

Just as Jesus made his ministry from personal relationships, so does the UB seem to personalize religion, to make it mine. Or so it seems to me during this strife ridden era of intense individualism and the slow death of materialism.

Perhaps in the future, the message of the UB will be more universally recognized, and some type of cohesive message will appear, which will lift mankind as a whole to new heights. But that time is far from where I sit, and represents at best a hazy glimmer of hope at the end of a long tunnel of uncertainty. Then, perhaps will people more or less agree on it’s message.

But for now, and for me at least, the message of the UB is one of hope and survival. Hope for a better world, and survival both within this world and into the next.

PostPosted:  

The universe is just as complex, romantic and varied as our poets had imagined.

loveofrightdoing

PostPosted:  

How about this one. hahaha

Attachments:
what if this planet.jpg [36.49 KiB]
Downloaded 1240 times

loveofrightdoing
PostPosted:  

76:5.4 And this was a great mystery to Adam and Eve. They could comprehend the veiled promise of a possible special resurrection in this message, and such a possibility greatly cheered them, but they could not grasp the meaning of the intimation that they might rest until the time of a resurrection associated with Michael’s personal appearance on Urantia. And so the Edenic pair always proclaimed that a Son of God would sometime come, and they communicated to their loved ones the belief, at least the longing hope, that the world of their blunders and sorrows might possibly be the realm whereon the ruler of this universe would elect to function as the Paradise bestowal Son. It seemed too good to be true, but Adam did entertain the thought that strife-torn Urantia might, after all, turn out to be the most fortunate world in the system of Satania, the envied planet of all Nebadon.

since our planet is this, you can believe that it is a reality show for others to watch, more than other evolutionary spheres, but then you always look after teh sick one more than the healthy one, they simply have the greater need in practicality.

108:3.6 Now to you, superiors far above me, I come as one placed in temporary authority over the experimental planetary series; and I come to express admiration and profound respect for this magnificent group of celestial ministers, the Mystery Monitors, who have volunteered to serve on this irregular sphere. No matter how trying the crises, you never falter. Not on the records of Nebadon nor before the commissions of Orvonton has there ever been offered an indictment of a divine Adjuster. You have been true to your trusts; you have been divinely faithful. You have helped to adjust the mistakes and to compensate for the shortcomings of all who labor on this confused planet. You are marvelous beings, guardians of the good in the souls of this backward realm. I pay you respect even while you are apparently under my jurisdiction as volunteer ministers. I bow before you in humble recognition of your exquisite unselfishness, your understanding ministry, and your impartial devotion. You deserve the name of the Godlike servers of the mortal inhabitants of this strife-torn, grief-stricken, and disease-afflicted world. I honor you! I all but worship you!”

since it's a strife-torn, grief-stricken, and disease-afflicted world it makes for an interesting reality show.

boomshuka wrote:
How about this one. hahaha

PostPosted:  

The promise of an ongoing growth, with deaths as simply casting out old garments.
The direction of directions, paradise of paradises...what billions still considering fantasy or lies.
That you have never been mortal, and that you have never been aimless, but you have always had a very serious career ahead
of you and you have always had that, regardless wether you believe it now it or doubt it.

WE forget, but our eternal soul and the masters of universes don't.
We are being nurtured and guided, but we have perfect free will, so we stray many times yet we're guided from withing and without
and within eternity we do "have time".

PostPosted:  

Hi J. Barry and all,

How are you doing Jim? Thank you for asking this question.

I think of it as being, God is our Father, we are all Brothers and Sisters.

God loves each of his children equally throughout his creation. We must learn to love each other the same way.
This is from fishin'Mom on the Love virus :-).
Quote:
Love is infectious, and when human devotion is intelligent and wise, love is more catching than hate. But only genuine and unselfish love is truly contagious. If each mortal could only become a focus of dynamic affection, this benign virus ...of love would soon pervade the sentimental emotion-stream of humanity to such an extent that all civilization would be encompassed by love, and that would be the realization of the brotherhood of man. pg. (1098)

God Bless,
Jim :smile:

PostPosted:  

I'm doing well. Thanks for asking.
You just made me remember the license plate that Vern had that said.. ( FOGBOM ) Fatherhood of God Brotherhood of Man.

I would have to say that is a UB theme That other faiths don't seem to focus on.

PostPosted:  

All along I was thinking that it testify of the existence of a God of creation, The Universal Father and that His will is that we live the Fatherhood of God and Brotherhood of man in order to reach our ascending goal of light and life/ spiritual perfection with him.

mybe i'm wrong.

PostPosted:  

a personal god is explained in the first 6 papers and the gospel of jesus is the fatherhood of god and the consequent brotherhood of man, doing the will of god and being of service to man and our goal is fusion and ascension to paradise to meet the trinity personally and be with the universal father eternally. i'd say your right. 12:7.8 The Fatherhood of God and the brotherhood of man present the paradox of the part and the whole on the level of personality. God loves each individual as an individual child in the heavenly family. Yet God thus loves every individual; he is no respecter of persons, and the universality of his love brings into being a relationship of the whole, the universal brotherhood. 147:4.7 The level of brotherly love. Still higher is discovered the level of unselfish devotion to the welfare of one’s fellows. On this higher plane of wholehearted social service growing out of the consciousness of the fatherhood of God and the consequent recognition of the brotherhood of man, there is discovered a new and far more beautiful interpretation of this basic rule of life. 1:1.2 The Universal Father never imposes any form of arbitrary recognition, formal worship, or slavish service upon the intelligent will creatures of the universes. The evolutionary inhabitants of the worlds of time and space must of themselves — in their own hearts — recognize, love, and voluntarily worship him. The Creator refuses to coerce or compel the submission of the spiritual free wills of his material creatures. The affectionate dedication of the human will to the doing of the Father’s will is man’s choicest gift to God; in fact, such a consecration of creature will constitutes man’s only possible gift of true value to the Paradise Father. In God, man lives, moves, and has his being; there is nothing which man can give to God except this choosing to abide by the Father’s will, and such decisions, effected by the intelligent will creatures of the universes, constitute the reality of that true worship which is so satisfying to the love-dominated nature of the Creator Father.

babuk wrote:
All along I was thinking that it testify of the existence of a God of creation, The Universal Father and that His will is that we live the Fatherhood of God and Brotherhood of man in order to reach our ascending goal of light and life/ spiritual perfection with him.

mybe i'm wrong.