Urantia Book Forum

Urantia Book Discussion Board : Study Group
It is currently Wed Oct 16, 2019 11:35 pm +0000

All times are UTC - 7 hours

PostPosted:  

Yes the Book is Dynamic and the subject matter grand, But is there a Theme?

The Bible as we are told is telling us that there is salvation and here is how to get it.

The Quoran (in my opinion) say If you want life after death here is how you must live.

In the teachings of Buddha Life is about perfection, and until you awaken to that jouney you will repeat this one over and over.

Does the U.B. have a mean focus piont we can sum up?

Profile Send private message  
PostPosted:  

Thanks for posting such a great question.

I think TUB revolves around the central themes of; God is our Heavenly Father and we are his children.

Mark

PostPosted:  

4:1.6 The Universal Father has not withdrawn from the management of the universes; he is not an inactive Deity. If God should retire as the present upholder of all creation, there would immediately occur a universal collapse. Except for God, there would be no such thing as reality. At this very moment, as during the remote ages of the past and in the eternal future, God continues to uphold. The divine reach extends around the circle of eternity. The universe is not wound up like a clock to run just so long and then cease to function; all things are constantly being renewed. The Father unceasingly pours forth energy, light, and life. 5:6.12 Concerning those personalities who are not Adjuster indwelt: The attribute of choice-liberty is also bestowed by the Universal Father, and such persons are likewise embraced in the great circuit of divine love, the personality circuit of the Universal Father. God provides for the sovereign choice of all true personalities. No personal creature can be coerced into the eternal adventure; the portal of eternity opens only in response to the freewill choice of the freewill sons of the God of free will.

the theme is without god nothing would exist and do his will by your freewill choice.

J. Barry wrote:

The Bible as we are told is telling us that there is salvation and here is how to get it.

The Quoran (in my opinion) say If you want life after death here is how you must live.

In the teachings of Buddha Life is about perfection, and until you awaken to that jouney you will repeat this one over and over.

PostPosted:  

I'm not sure what is meant by "theme" or "focus point", but if these terms refer to the purpose of the book, I think that is clearly stated in the Foreword:

"...our endeavor to expand cosmic consciousness and enhance spiritual perception,..."

Just my $0.02.

py

PostPosted:  

Here are a couple of points maybe. Everything is part of the whole and the whole is God. God is more amazing than you thought hahah.

Thehapyandefectivepersonismotivatednotbyfearofwrongdoingbutby
loveofrightdoing

PostPosted:  

The Message IS As Simple as IT IS Complex.

That ~ GOD IS LOVE

'' love is the greatest thing in the universe-''

That ~ Our Father Has A Divine Eternal Plan For US To
BE With Him And BE Perfect as HE IS Perfect

That ~ IT IS In Fact A Friendly And Highly Organised Universe.

That ~ The Fatherhood of GOD And The Brotherhood of Man
And The Age Of Light an Life IS The Destiny Of ALL The Universes
Cosmic Citizens .

GODs PLAN IS Working !

Everyone Must Work at Doing OUR Part !

'' To finite man truth, beauty, and goodness embrace the full revelation of divinity reality.''

WE ARE ALL FAMILY
As Universe Cosmic Citizens .

'' I Love it when A Plan Comes Together ''
The A Team

UB paper 56:10.20, 21
”To finite man truth, beauty, and goodness embrace the full revelation of divinity reality. As this love-comprehension of Deity finds spiritual expression in the lives of God-knowing mortals, there are yielded the fruits of divinity: intellectual peace, social progress, moral satisfaction, spiritual joy, and cosmic wisdom. The advanced mortals on a world in the seventh stage of light and life have learned that love is the greatest thing in the universe- and they know that God is love.”

21”Love is the desire to do well to others.”

PostPosted:  

Quote:
'' I Love it when A Plan Comes Together ''
The A Team
:lol: Nice Coop that made me laugh out loud. Leave it to Liam Neilson to sum up the Urantia Book, is there anything that man cannot do?

How about this one?

"To infinity and beyond!" -Buzz Lightyear- "Toy Story".

Thehapyandefectivepersonismotivatednotbyfearofwrongdoingbutby
loveofrightdoing

PostPosted:  

Eternal life in God's service is yours simply by accepting it.

PostPosted:  

i'll add "the actualization of potentials" as a theme...of the universe :mrgreen:

PostPosted:  

0:2.2 Cosmic consciousness implies the recognition of a First Cause, the one and only uncaused reality. God, the Universal Father, functions on three Deity-personality levels of subinfinite value and relative divinity expression:

i'm so happy they told me about the first person as i like to call him. they actually use that term several times in tub.

pertti wrote:
Eternal life in God's service is yours simply by accepting it.

Makalu wrote:
i'll add "the actualization of potentials" as a theme...of the universe :mrgreen:

however there is a problem. 16:4.7 Much, very much, of the activity of the Seven Master Spirits remains hidden from human understanding because in no way does it directly pertain to your problem of Paradise ascent. 106:6.3 If we assume a cosmos-infinite — some illimitable cosmos on beyond the master universe — and if we conceive that the final developments of the Absolute Trinity will take place out on such a superultimate stage of action, then it becomes possible to conjecture that the completed function of the Trinity Absolute will achieve final expression in the creations of infinity and will consummate the absolute actualization of all potentials.

what will we be then? it is interesting that tub gives us these highest levels of thought to comtemplate.

PostPosted:  

rich.sachs wrote:
however there is a problem. 16:4.7 Much, very much, of the activity of the Seven Master Spirits remains hidden from human understanding because in no way does it directly pertain to your problem of Paradise ascent. 106:6.3 If we assume a cosmos-infinite — some illimitable cosmos on beyond the master universe — and if we conceive that the final developments of the Absolute Trinity will take place out on such a superultimate stage of action, then it becomes possible to conjecture that the completed function of the Trinity Absolute will achieve final expression in the creations of infinity and will consummate the absolute actualization of all potentials.

what will we be then? it is interesting that tub gives us these highest levels of thought to comtemplate.

well if it doesn't pertain to my paradise ascent "problem" then it's not my problem...and if it's beyond the master universe then it's not a problem lol

Quote:
102:3.2 Religious speculation is inevitable but always detrimental; speculation invariably falsifies its object.

106:6.6 While it is hardly profitable for the human mind to seek to grasp such faraway and superhuman concepts, we would suggest that the eternity action of the Trinity Absolute may be thought of as culminating in some kind of experientialization of the Absolutes of potentiality.

PostPosted:  

I know as humans we have a pull towards over thinking and making every thing more complicated than it has to be.

That being said: back to the topic at hand.
Every time I attempt to give a short concise voice for the UB I tend to say what it is not, for some reason my focus always goes there, I guess because I have some baggage from my up-bringing.

But I guess I say it is an invitation to better understand your unconditional walk with God

PostPosted:  

55:10.11 We are, however, satisfied regarding two features of our speculations: If the Creator Sons are destined to the outer universes, the Divine Ministers will undoubtedly accompany them. 13:2.1 As finaliters you will be domiciled on Paradise, but Ascendington will be your home address at all times, even when you enter service in outer space.

beyond the master universe you will be a creator and ruler along with michael, and the mormons have something about this in their texts, so they have an element of truth along these lines.

Makalu wrote:
well if it doesn't pertain to my paradise ascent "problem" then it's not my problem...and if it's beyond the master universe then it's not a problem lol

Quote:
102:3.2 Religious speculation is inevitable but always detrimental; speculation invariably falsifies its object.

106:6.6 While it is hardly profitable for the human mind to seek to grasp such faraway and superhuman concepts, we would suggest that the eternity action of the Trinity Absolute may be thought of as culminating in some kind of experientialization of the Absolutes of potentiality.

PostPosted:  

J. Barry wrote:

I would say the theme is that your relationship with God is personal and he loves you as an individual. I think it also reinforces the notion that living by the golden rule coupled with faith in the watchcare of God is how you gain access to the afterlife.

PostPosted:  

the watchword of the universe is progress

AND Providence has been working out the plan of progressive evolution.

4:1.2 Can you not advance in your concept of God’s dealing with man to that level where you recognize that the watchword of the universe is progress? Through long ages the human race has struggled to reach its present position. Throughout all these millenniums Providence has been working out the plan of progressive evolution. The two thoughts are not opposed in practice, only in man’s mistaken concepts. Divine providence is never arrayed in opposition to true human progress, either temporal or spiritual. Providence is always consistent with the unchanging and perfect nature of the supreme Lawmaker.