Urantia Book Forum

Urantia Book Discussion Board : Study Group
It is currently Wed Nov 20, 2019 5:13 am +0000

All times are UTC - 7 hours

Post subject: Death and resurection
PostPosted:  

I just lost my father and had a question. I have read The Urantia Book for some time now but I am unsure of what happens at the moment of death. Are we bound directly to the first mansion worlds? Or do we sleep until the end of a dispensation for the roll call resurrection? Thanks

Profile Send private message  
PostPosted:  

Hi Mkimball:

First off, sorry about your loss. It hurts, I know. Now, about your question:

The way I understand it, most all of us will sleep until the next dispensation. The only way you get to go on immediately is if you are a super-spiritual type and break thru what the Authors call the “Third Circle” (Whatever that is !). Third Circlers get a free pass to the next level after a short break of three Universe standard days.

So it’s kind of a bummer that we all will sit in a holding pattern for, well, who knows how long! BUT, it’s really also OK as there are some benefits to this including:
• We get to wake up with all our family and friends
• We are not aware of time passing while we are dead (Oops, sleeping).

The way I look at this is that we are only here for a really short time. This is it, our big shot at being animals. So I plan to really milk it while I am here and to enjoy it to the fullest! Also, I, at least, feel we are really lucky to be here on such a crazy, messed up world… it will give us a really unique perspective in the long run. They (the Authors) got a name for us…”Agondontors”. People who can hang on with only faith to guide them. So it’s pretty cool to be from here.

Anyways, sorry again for your loss. It sucks, I remember only too well. Hang on to the memories, and look forward to renewing your acquaintances on a new an better world.

Yer Pal
Al

PostPosted:  

Hi Mkimball,

I want to join with Al in expressing my condolences to you on your loss. The death of a parent is a very big deal for most folks, so I sympathize with you.

I want to invite you to have a look at our short flash movie, "After You Die"
http://www.truthbook.com/index.cfm?linkID=1164

Also, we have a "Life After Death" page
http://www.truthbook.com/index.cfm?linkID=1851
which has a few other things that might be helpful and comforting for you at this time...

What Al says is true - about the "long sleep," but I am not sure whether that is true for the majority of us. The Urantia Book also tells us many times that resurrection can occur on the third day, as it did for Jesus. But, in the end, whether we sleep for three days or one thousand years, the passage of time is of no matter, and of no notice. Regardless, we'll all wake up refreshed and ready to start anew.

You might also want to have a look at this section: THE ASCENDING MORTALS

http://www.truthbook.com/index.cfm?linkID=1276#U30_4_0

Again, please accept my condolences for your loss. One day, you and your dad will reunite, but for now, his passing leaves a big hole to fill. Be gentle with yourself and stay close to God...I will pray for you.

Sincerely,

MaryJo

PostPosted:  

Let me add my condolences. It wasn't all that long ago that I lost my parents. I don't have much faith, if any, but I can say that the UB's vision of life after this one is one of its strengths.

PostPosted:  

Hi Mkimball:

I also add me in renewing our heartfelt condolences.
I can not add more than speeches that have been made.
I want to focus only on one thing.
When my father died, 10 years ago, was the worst period of my life.
Still remember that period as a transition from one thought to another.
Change outlook on life completely and forever abandoned the weak link that I still connected with religions (Catholic Christian).

But the surprising thing is that after some years I came across the Urantia Book.

I am convinced that this loss will bring to you something startlingly new and unexpected
Cheer Mkimball

PostPosted:  

So many thank to all of you for your thoughts and very kind words. I am a very firm believer in The Urantia Book and all its teachings and I have the great opportunity to listen to it every day on my one hour train ride into DC so I was at the understanding that death is a natural progression through our long lives and that death is just the natural way to proceed on the next phase of our unfolding lives. It is tough though to say goodbye, even though we will see each other again. Recently I came to the realization that in all the ways the universe could be I realized that the father’s universe upon universe is based simply on love and affection for all thing and beings. Thank you and may the father be with all of you. Mark