Urantia Book Forum

Urantia Book Discussion Board : Study Group
It is currently Thu Nov 21, 2019 2:22 am +0000

All times are UTC - 7 hours

PostPosted:  

Probably a pretty decent brain/mind as well! 8)

Profile Send private message  
PostPosted:  

What confuses people is that they try and imitate jesus. Jesus had Creator Powers, and the apostles even screwed up when they tried to cure someone who was possessed and had epilipsy. Jesus even though he was a human he still had Superpower's of a creator son that no human will ever have.

The only part of jesus life that you can really imitate and relate to as a human would probably be when he was a small child. His maturity and social skills as a small child can could be relatable to a man of true character who was in his 50's. When jesus becomes a teen etc he has essentially blown by 99.9999 percent of all mortals who have ever walked this earth as far as human development not to mention his creator ability's. His intellect became so vast in such a short period of time that we really cannot fully relate to that.

To learn how jesus lived his life and who jesus was is the greatest human knowledge available in the universe to mortals. Not because you can in turn imitate jesus, because you cannot hahah but you can love man in a dynamic way that jesus did, and he can guide you to sonship which initself is an exhualted gift.

Thehapyandefectivepersonismotivatednotbyfearofwrongdoingbutby
loveofrightdoing

PostPosted:  

To be more specific regarding my original statement ("The Urantia Book tells us nothing!"):

1. The papers describing God and Trinity in general are very detailed and seem to tell much more than a mortal mind can really grasp.

2. The papers describing celestial governments are more general and although they describe the organization of the government including the number of beings as well as their reporting relations and deployment locations, they tell very little about the actual substance of the government work. The same applies to celestial education where only the headings of the curricilae are given but not even the headings of the subjects let alone courses. If I were to enroll to a university, I would need much more specific information about how the university works or what it teaches. In this regard we can only have faith in that the education and government will work to our benefit.

3. The papers describing the Thought Adjuster and its relation to us is very detailed, in fact probably more so than we can actually understand. But we can aim to improve our understanding.

4. The papers describing the life of Jesus are very detailed and very easy to understand, at least on the level of a personal history. However, deeper understanding will require more effort and understanding how Jesus is the model for us will require lifelong work.

As for why TUB does not tell about the subjects in 2. above, I can give some guesses:

- The descriptions would be beyond our understanding. This is, in fact, given as a reason in certain passages.
- The descriptions may not be revealed to us for reasons unknown to us. Occasionally there is a comment thereto, but I suppose this is not the primary reason.
- The descriptions would not have any real value to us and TUB concentrates on issues that are crucial to us. Even then it is already huge in size.

The last one, I assume, is the most probable reason for the most of the missing material. I can imagine that it would fill volumes and volumes. TUB also states somewhere that the education methods are so much better there that an hour spent with "a living book of philosophy" (forgot the actual term used in TUB) gives us much more than 1000 years of studying with earthly methods.

Again, I want to repeat that TUB tells us everything - everything that we need to know and can understand, and then some more.

PostPosted:  
Site Admin

Quote:
Not because you can in turn imitate jesus, because you cannot..

Actually, you can. The story of Jesus' life serves no purpose unless you - as man - can live your life as he lived his life, and you - as man - can believe as he believed.

The point of the Jesus Papers is not to impress you with the story of a superhero (there are comics that can do that). Rather, the story of Jesus is to show you how you can live your life, for real, here on Earth.

PostPosted:  

There's this practical statement from the Midwayers on imitation:

...It should not be the aim of kingdom believers literally to imitate the outward life of Jesus in the flesh but rather to share his faith; to trust God as he trusted God and to believe in men as he believed in men.... P.2091 - §1 - 196:1

PostPosted:  

Right - and when we do that, we really can live as Jesus lived - not as an literal imitation, but as an original and free expression of a son of God patterned after the ideal of Jesus example...

PostPosted:  

Quote:
Right - and when we do that, we really can live as Jesus lived - not as an literal imitation, but as an original and free expression of a son of God patterned after the ideal of Jesus example...

Yea I know what you mean, I am just talking about imitation of Jesus himself. Obviously though a fellowship of religion, ideals and values with Jesus is avaiable. I just think trying to be the absolute perfect human as jesus became and a Creator son walking the earth isn't exactly the best way to go about engaging jesus life and teachings.

Obviously though when jesus was a kid he was not a perfect human though, so I suppose that could be an area of his life that we could imitate. I am thinking of maybe from the ages of 5-10. I don't think any of us will ever be in a place where we can say "which one of you accuses me of sin" hahaha. But I could see us being in a place where we say "none is good but god".

Also none of us are ever going to be in control of the master physical controller's we won't be able to heal the masses. Obviously though imitation though and fellowship with jesus are two different things. Anyway's I think that is where the 2 apostles who attempted to heal that boy of epilespy and possesion messed up, they tried to be jesus himself and walked up to that boy and said "in the name of jesus" etc. Maybe they were reaching a little further than they could grasp hahaha.

Thehapyandefectivepersonismotivatednotbyfearofwrongdoingbutby
loveofrightdoing

PostPosted:  

Here's what TUB has to say on this subject (bolding mine):

(416.6) 37:10.6 There are still other types of intelligent life concerned with the administration of a local universe, but the plan of this narrative does not provide for the further revelation of these orders of creation. Enough of the life and administration of this universe is being herewith portrayed to afford the mortal mind a grasp of the reality and grandeur of the survival existence. Further experience in your advancing careers will increasingly reveal these interesting and charming beings. This narrative cannot be more than a brief outline of the nature and work of the manifold personalities who throng the universes of space administering these creations as enormous training schools, schools wherein the pilgrims of time advance from life to life and from world to world until they are lovingly dispatched from the borders of the universe of their origin to the higher educational regime of the superuniverse and thence on to the spirit-training worlds of Havona and eventually to Paradise and the high destiny of the finaliters — the eternal assignment on missions not yet revealed to the universes of time and space.

So it's "on a need to know basis" and we don't need to know (yet).