Urantia Book Forum

Urantia Book Discussion Board : Study Group
It is currently Tue Mar 31, 2020 2:22 am +0000

All times are UTC - 7 hours

PostPosted:  

space is filled with minute particles of sodium and calcium.
they literally rides on light beam, travelling at great speed

- then a crazy idea is that a calcium based space vehicle is possible to travel riding on beam of light; thus at the same speed of light.The greatest impossibility would be our material body as an occupant of such vehicle/speed. the only possibility to travel in such vehicle would be our spirit/soul only; then first it has to be detached from iti material form/body, but how?

UB hint that mankind in the far future will reach such level of scientific and technological advancement that distance and travell is not very much an issue anymore. what a beautiful possibility out there.

Last edited by babuk on Sat Jul 16, 2011 1:01 am +0000, edited 1 time in total.

Profile Send private message  
PostPosted:  

Wow! Thanks for this! So many incredible opportunities awaiting us all!

Much love,
Azacar

PostPosted:  

This is another one of those legacy items that was put into the Urantia Book because it was believed to be true in the 1930's, just like humans having 48 chromosomes (actually we have 46). ALL the science in the Urantia Book is wrong, even as the Book itself explains in various places. These should be edited out of the Book since the text is available on-line these days, and replaced by links to Wikipedia or some up-to-date science reference.

PostPosted:  

Valnar wrote:
This is another one of those legacy items that was put into the Urantia Book because it was believed to be true in the 1930's, just like humans having 48 chromosomes (actually we have 46). ALL the science in the Urantia Book is wrong, even as the Book itself explains in various places. These should be edited out of the Book since the text is available on-line these days, and replaced by links to Wikipedia or some up-to-date science reference.
Hi Valnar. :) The (main) human source of the (non-inspired) idea of Calcium atoms "literally riding the sunbeams" (41:6.3), is actually known. It is a discussion course by Sir Arthur Eddington in 1926, entitled: "Stars and Atoms"..
Quote:
The point we are leading up to is this: Why should calcium be able to float better than other elements? It has always seemed odd that a rather heavy element should be found in these uppermost regions where one would expect only the lightest atoms. We see now that the special skill demanded is to be able to toss up an electron 20,000 times a second without ever making the fatal blunder of dropping it. That is not easy even for an atom. Calcium scores because it possesses a possible orbit of excitation only a little way above the normal orbit so that it can juggle the electron between the two orbits without serious risk.

[…]

The excitation of the calcium atom is performed by light of two particular wave-lengths, and the atoms in the chromosphere support themselves by robbing sunlight of these two constituents. It is true that after a hundred millionth of a second a relapse comes and the atom has to disgorge what it has appropriated.

[...]

Question to readers: The Urantia Book (462) gives a figure of one one-millionth of a second for the relaxation time of the excited state of calcium compared with Eddington's one hundred-millionth of a second. Is The Urantia Book's figure a typographical or copying error, or some such, or is it a deliberate correction by the revelators of Professor Milne's calculations?

( From: http://www.urantology.org/cosmology13.htm )
Modern science doesn’t dispute Eddington’s theory.. And TUB indicates/admits that this knowledge was already (more or less) available in the 1930s..
Quote:
41:6.3 As your physicists have suspected, these mutilated remnants of solar calcium literally ride the light beams for varied distances, and thus their widespread dissemination throughout space is tremendously facilitated. The sodium atom, under certain modifications, is also capable of light and energy locomotion. The calcium feat is all the more remarkable since this element has almost twice the mass of sodium. Local space-permeation by calcium is due to the fact that it escapes from the solar photosphere, in modified form, by literally riding the outgoing sunbeams. Of all the solar elements, calcium, notwithstanding its comparative bulk — containing as it does twenty revolving electrons — is the most successful in escaping from the solar interior to the realms of space. This explains why there is a calcium layer, a gaseous stone surface, on the sun six thousand miles thick; and this despite the fact that nineteen lighter elements, and numerous heavier ones, are underneath.

PostPosted:  

I'm no expert in Solar System Physics, but see this reference http://www.lpi.usra.edu/meetings/lpsc2010/pdf/2266.pdf, there is nothing special about calcium other than it is the 5th most abundant element, so of course its everywhere.
No current reference I have found mentions anything like the Urantia Book on calcium and I assume this tidbit is just a bogus factoid that seemed special and important back in the 1930's. Can you give me a good modern reference that discusses this "wandering in space" aspect?

PostPosted:  

Valnar wrote:
.. No current reference I have found mentions anything like the Urantia Book on calcium and I assume this tidbit is just a bogus factoid that seemed special and important back in the 1930's. Can you give me a good modern reference that discusses this "wandering in space" aspect?

"Stars and Atoms" is a book by A. S. Eddington, a Professor of Astronomy at the University of Cambridge. It was published in England and the US in 1927. It is a popular exposition of the then-current state of knowledge relating to the physics of stars. Among other publications, the revelators appear to have used it as human source material for their own exposition of many physical aspects of the (local) universe and our solar system in TUB. (See for an overview: http://beamsdoorway.bizland.com/urantia ... Atoms.html)

All information in Stars and Atoms relating to the peculiar behavior of calcium (and sodium) atoms, is based on mathematical models which still serve to explain certain 'lines' of the 'solar light spectrum' in 21st century physics and astronomy. (Google: "calcium solar spectrum": http://www.google.nl/#hl=nl&source=hp&q ... 80&bih=799) The ability of calcium to "ride" light beams (photons) explains the presence of calcium in the Sun’s chromosphere, and it explains the important role calcium played in the formation of our solar system:
Quote:
41:6.6 Your sun has parted with an enormous quantity of its calcium, having lost tremendous amounts during the times of its convulsive eruptions in connection with the formation of the solar system. Much of the solar calcium is now in the outer crust of the sun.
Any discussion/theory of the formation of the solar system must explain the abundance of calcium. So, obviously, the unique behavior of calcium atoms, as described in TUB, is not "just a bogus factoid that seemed special and important back in the 1930's" ..

PostPosted:  

But, the understanding of quantum mechanics has gone through revoluntionary changes since 1927. What is being described for calcium is just normal absorption and re-radiation of photons. All the elements in the sun "ride the light" because its the radiation pressure that keeps the sun from gravitational collapse. Back in 1927 they had not figured out the nuclear decay sequences and the nuclear reactions that go on in the sun, so they did not have a complete understanding of why the calcium was there. But all this has been worked out and is known now, and there is no mystery about calcium (at least that I am aware of).
But generally, we don't read TUB for the science, but for spiritual truth, that's why I believe it would be far better to just edit out the old outdated science presented in the book, and keep the good stuff.

PostPosted:  

Well, as I understand it, calcium is special because of its ability to absorb (and re-emit) light (photons) of particular wavelengths (and enough outgoing energy), 20 to 25 thousand times a second, which – unlike other relatively heavy elements – enables calcium to 'float' in the Sun’s chromosphere and which explains the abundance of calcium in the solar system.

It is true that our understanding of this mechanism improved since the 1930s, but we still do not know the exact nature of light, which behaves like a wave and like particles simultaneously. And some of the figures in TUB (such as the relaxation time of excited calcium) differ from current scientific estimates. At this point in time it simply cannot be concluded whether TUB is correct or in error.

So, in my view, such statements should not be removed from TUB, just because you think they are outdated and/or have no relevance within the overall context of the book. And, with all due respect, your earlier suggestion to replace them by modern scientific references sounds rather absurd..

PostPosted:  

Hi all :D, I'm happy to be here.

It seems to me that 'science' in the Urantia Book is giving us the answer to the question our science so desperately needs to answer ... "how did this all come to be?"... and they can't see it. Obviously it is not the big bang that science believes in with no proof. Paradise gravity and ultimatonic condensation can explain all of their knowledge and proofs. Think about how much money humans spend on particle colliders, 10 billion dollars on the LHC alone. That's a lot of resources spent on chasing wild geese!

I just recently read about ultimatons and two gravities, paradise gravity and local gravity in the Urantia Book. It is a perfect description of how Paradise energy becomes electronic attraction, local gravity, and mass. Through the action of ultimatons feeding Paradise energy into electrons, local gravity is born. I'm guessing that electrons feeding energy into protons and neutrons is what creates atoms...The pure energy of God creating mass...Not a big bang!

If our science believes in a big bang how can they truly know what the sun is and how it works?

Gaseous calcium atoms riding sun beams sounds completely possible to me. Who could have guessed that two gaseous atoms of hydrogen combined with one gaseous atom of oxygen would become liquid water?

Maybe neutrinos are gaseous calcium atoms...or how about dark matter?... we don't know what that stuff is. Dark energy could be God transitioning from infinity to our space-time.

"Faith is a knowledge within the heart, beyond the reach of proof." Gibran

gray :smile:

PostPosted:  

Valnar wrote:

Hi Valmar, spoken like a true scientist :smile: . It takes a small leap of faith to believe in something that is not logical from your point of view.

The established authorities of science say that creation started with a 'Big Bang'. The science in the Urantia Book points to a different paradigm, one in which Gods paradise energy or paradise gravity locks in to creation and creates our local gravity/mass...'our world'. It started at some unimaginably distant point in time and is still happening at pretty much the same pace...no sudden super acceleration and expansion from nothing to something...just the acceleration and expansion we are measuring today.

The present paradigm of science, dominated by 'Big Bang Theory', was started when Einstein and Hubble sold out to a Catholic priest, Belgium's most famous astronomer/ mathematician Abbe Georges Lamaitre's and his 'primeval atom'.

"Einstein was interested in Hubble's work and resolved to visit him at the Mount Wilson Observatory. Lamaitre arranged to give a lecture at the California Institute of Technology at the same time, and managed to corner Einstein and Hubble together. He argued his 'primeval atom' theory carefully, step by step, suggesting that the whole universe had been created "on a day that had no yesterday." Painstakingly he worked through all the mathematics. When he had finished he could not believe his ears. Einstein stoop up and announced that what he had just heard was "the most beautiful and satisfying interpretation I have listened to" and went on to confess that creating the 'cosmological constant' was "the biggest blunder" of his life. "

Einstein's 'cosmological constant', combined with Fred Hoyle and Hermann Bondi's "steady state Theory" and explanation of the life cycle of a star would have led to the discovery of the pure energy of God moving and creating. IMO

"It is dangerous to be right in matters on which the established authorities are wrong." Voltaire

gray

PostPosted:  

"The evolving soul is not made divine by what it does, but by what it strives to do."

"I have called upon you to be born again, to be born of the spirit..."

What does this really mean???

I liken it to Plato's Cave htt://feculty.washington.edu/smcohen/320/cave.htm

The spirit of God is coming from the fire and looking for any prisoner brave enough to turn
their head away from the shadows and see and be seen by the spirit of god. 8)
Brave enough to be born again.

gray

PostPosted:  

graybear13 wrote:

This link works: http://faculty.washington.edu/smcohen/320/cave.htm

PostPosted:  

pertti wrote:

The urantia Book is just a book. I have
been able to experience the spirit of truth when
I read this book and I think, this exposes me to God
and him to me. The fact that the book is here
is proof that the way has begun to be prepared
for the Masters return.

Izy..Over the rainbow.

gray :smile:

PostPosted:  

graybear13 wrote:
… Einstein's 'cosmological constant', combined with Fred Hoyle and Hermann Bondi's "steady state Theory" and explanation of the life cycle of a star would have led to the discovery of the pure energy of God moving and creating. IMO …
Hi Gray. :) I agree that the physical universe is not exploding. Instead it oscillates or "respirates". TUB tells us that the universe of universes didn’t explode into existence 13.7 billion years ago; all space alternately contracts and expands in a 2 billion year cycle.

I think that the incoming and outgoing phases of this "respiration" are respectively known in science as gravity and dark energy. The scientific concept of 'dark matter' was introduced to explain very large scale gravitational anomalies (e.g. galaxies should fly apart unless it is assumed that they contain a large amount of a hypothetical invisible/dark form of matter). And the concept of 'dark energy' should explain the apparent anti-gravitational, accelerating expansion of the universe.

Of course, all this is basically guesswork. Science really doesn’t have a clue what exactly constitutes physical (quantum) reality and gravity. Personally, I think Einstein’s 'cosmological constant' may not be a (global) constant at all, but, instead, a complex local variable..

According to TUB, "all physical force, energy, and matter are one" (11:5.9). And the Isle of Paradise is the center and focal point of absolute material gravity (11:8.2). And antigravity (dark energy) is a property of pervaded space (11:8.3)..
Quote:
11:5.9 All physical force, energy, and matter are one. All force-energy originally proceeded from nether Paradise and will eventually return thereto following the completion of its space circuit. But the energies and material organizations of the universe of universes did not all come from nether Paradise in their present phenomenal states; space is the womb of several forms of matter and prematter. Though the outer zone of the Paradise force center is the source of space-energies, space does not originate there. Space is not force, energy, or power. Nor do the pulsations of this zone account for the respiration of space, but the incoming and outgoing phases of this zone are synchronized with the two-billion-year expansion-contraction cycles of space.

6. SPACE RESPIRATION

11:6.1 We do not know the actual mechanism of space respiration; we merely observe that all space alternately contracts and expands. This respiration affects both the horizontal extension of pervaded space and the vertical extensions of unpervaded space which exist in the vast space reservoirs above and below Paradise. In attempting to imagine the volume outlines of these space reservoirs, you might think of an hourglass.

11:6.2 As the universes of the horizontal extension of pervaded space expand, the reservoirs of the vertical extension of unpervaded space contract and vice versa. There is a confluence of pervaded and unpervaded space just underneath nether Paradise. Both types of space there flow through the transmuting regulation channels, where changes are wrought making pervadable space nonpervadable and vice versa in the contraction and expansion cycles of the cosmos.

11:6.3 “Unpervaded” space means: unpervaded by those forces, energies, powers, and presences known to exist in pervaded space. We do not know whether vertical (reservoir) space is destined always to function as the equipoise of horizontal (universe) space; we do not know whether there is a creative intent concerning unpervaded space; we really know very little about the space reservoirs, merely that they exist, and that they seem to counterbalance the space-expansion-contraction cycles of the universe of universes.

11:6.4 The cycles of space respiration extend in each phase for a little more than one billion Urantia years. During one phase the universes expand; during the next they contract. Pervaded space is now approaching the mid-point of the expanding phase, while unpervaded space nears the mid-point of the contracting phase, and we are informed that the outermost limits of both space extensions are, theoretically, now approximately equidistant from Paradise. The unpervaded-space reservoirs now extend vertically above upper Paradise and below nether Paradise just as far as the pervaded space of the universe extends horizontally outward from peripheral Paradise to and even beyond the fourth outer space level.

11:6.5 For a billion years of Urantia time the space reservoirs contract while the master universe and the force activities of all horizontal space expand. It thus requires a little over two billion Urantia years to complete the entire expansion-contraction cycle.

[...]

8. PARADISE GRAVITY

11:8.1 The inescapable pull of gravity effectively grips all the worlds of all the universes of all space. Gravity is the all-powerful grasp of the physical presence of Paradise. Gravity is the omnipotent strand on which are strung the gleaming stars, blazing suns, and whirling spheres which constitute the universal physical adornment of the eternal God, who is all things, fills all things, and in whom all things consist.

11:8.2 The center and focal point of absolute material gravity is the Isle of Paradise, complemented by the dark gravity bodies encircling Havona and equilibrated by the upper and nether space reservoirs. All known emanations of nether Paradise invariably and unerringly respond to the central gravity pull operating upon the endless circuits of the elliptical space levels of the master universe. Every known form of cosmic reality has the bend of the ages, the trend of the circle, the swing of the great ellipse.

11:8.3 Space is nonresponsive to gravity, but it acts as an equilibrant on gravity. Without the space cushion, explosive action would jerk surrounding space bodies. Pervaded space also exerts an antigravity influence upon physical or linear gravity; space can actually neutralize such gravity action even though it cannot delay it. Absolute gravity is Paradise gravity. Local or linear gravity pertains to the electrical stage of energy or matter; it operates within the central, super-, and outer universes, wherever suitable materialization has taken place.

PostPosted:  

Hi Bart, it is very important that you have studied the science of TUB and understand what the words are trying to tell us...good work! :smile: IMHO this is the most important part of TUB at this time because it has the most potential to prove the myth before Michael returns. We must come up with a way to nullify earths gravity field using the concepts in TUB. This will solve the worlds energy problems.

I have seen video of tornadoes seeming to suck heavy objects up into the air but right next to them lighter/smaller objects are suspended in the same way. The vortex is not sucking things up, it is having an affect on earths gravity field...maybe an 18-wheeler weighs 10 pounds, very little or no G-force. A machine will be created that will produce an atmospheric vortex that will far exceed the air speed and air pressure of an F5 tornado and yield some kind of anti-G-force, some kind of disruption to the connection between paradise gravity and matter. This technology will eventually lead to controlled fusion.

gray