Urantia Book Forum

Urantia Book Discussion Board : Study Group
It is currently Mon Mar 30, 2020 3:55 pm +0000

All times are UTC - 7 hours




Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 32 posts ]  Go to page 1, 2, 3  Next
Author Message
PostPosted:  
Offline

Joined: Wed May 11, 2011 8:51 am +0000
Posts: 10
Any thoughts out there about all the ufo stories? Seems like they are increasing. Seems like there are "bad" ones and "good" ones. Could there be a connection in these stories and the spiritual war?

I just learned of a story (a new story to me) from 1957, from a man called Frank Stranges. Is anyone familiar with him? He was an evangelical minister, who claimed to have met a man at the pentagon, named Val Thor. This man claimed to live in an underground civilization on planet Venus (I thought life was impossible on that planet, until I read about the superbreathers). Anyway, he seemed to be a "good" guy. There were photos taken. He had human form and looked like Clark Kent. So, Frank Stranges claimed that Val had a spaceship in Lake Meade, Nevada, and took him on board. According to him, The people were friendly, great host, and were here to help the planet. Plus, these beings said that it was very heartwarming to see that Christ teachings have continued through time. Apparently, these "visitors" are still here, and never age.

I'm just as skeptical as anyone else, but also open to the possibility. It sounds like a sweet story, if it's true. It would be comforting to think we have "friendly" beings, watching out for our "warring" planet.

Anybody ever hear of this story? Any thoughts on this stuff? Thanks.


Top
 Profile Send private message  
Reply with quote  
PostPosted:  
Offline

Joined: Wed Nov 08, 2006 8:29 pm +0000
Posts: 2441
Well the fact he said they never age should be a red flag. Superbreather's etc all age. All creature's of time and space age.

Our world is also in Quarantine still from the rest of the universe according to the U.B.

I find it interesting though that people like yourself who believe in alien's and alien activity seem to find the urantia book in droves......I would think it would be former christian's and catholics finding the u.b but I find there are alot of ppl out there with a belief in alien's who find the u.b :).

I know when I found the u.b I had a strong belief in angel's and alien's :).

_________________
StrongcharactersRnotderivedfromnotdoingwrongbutratherfrom
actuallydoingrightUnselfishnesisthebadgeofhumangreatnes
Thehighestlevelsofselfrealizationareatainedbyworshipandservice
Thehapyandefectivepersonismotivatednotbyfearofwrongdoingbutby
loveofrightdoing


Top
 Profile Send private message  
Reply with quote  
PostPosted:  
Offline

Joined: Wed May 11, 2011 8:51 am +0000
Posts: 10
Actually, I am from a christian Presbyterian background and upbringing; very "normal" and traditional. That doesn't mean that I don't notice that this stuff is going on. I'm really not "into" ufos, but I am curious if I hear stuff. I knew nothing about the Val Thor story, until it was told to me at a Spa Salon. So, I looked it up and am thinking, "well...if it's true, they sure sound nice". However, I believe there are potentially some demonic forces running around as well, that I would never want anything to do with, naturally. I know about the quarentine, but since the book came out around 1930ish, I don't know what may have potentially changed.


Top
 Profile Send private message  
Reply with quote  
PostPosted:  
Offline

Joined: Wed Nov 08, 2006 8:29 pm +0000
Posts: 2441
Yea part of me believe's people do contact some sort of rebellous being on occasion and this could explain some people's alien experience's but the U.B say's that the rebel midwayer's are all locked up, which would only leave Calagastia I believe....unless there are some other rebel being's out there I dont know...

But because of all the warning's in the u.b and all the crazy people out there, I just egnore that stuff because the life and teaching's of jesus in the u.b provide a clear route to being born of spirit and experiencing sonship with god. So I figure I will put 100 percent of my spiritual thinking into that endevour and leave some of the odd mysterous stuff for someone else to figure out.

This warning of "pursueing the pleasures of immaturity" keep me from thinking about what others have said about their "alien encounters". To me the entire subject correlate's to procrastination of more meaningfull reality's and a endevour wrought with immaturity. Obviously not all tangent's are evil, but I believe alot of people who think about this stuff to much do get caught in a web of immaturity and procrastination.

Quote:
P1829:1, 166:3.4 "But herein is the danger to all who would postpone their entrance into the kingdom while they continue to pursue the pleasures of immaturity and indulge the satisfactions of selfishness: Having refused to enter the kingdom as a spiritual experience, they may subsequently seek entrance thereto when the glory of the better way becomes revealed in the age to come. And when, therefore, those who spurned the kingdom when I came in the likeness of humanity seek to find an entrance when it is revealed in the likeness of divinity, then will I say to all such selfish ones: I know not whence you are. You had your chance to prepare for this heavenly citizenship, but you refused all such proffers of mercy; you rejected all invitations to come while the door was open. Now, to you who have refused salvation, the door is shut. This door is not open to those who would enter the kingdom for selfish glory. Salvation is not for those who are unwilling to pay the price of wholehearted dedication to doing my Father's will. When in spirit and soul you have turned your backs upon the Father's kingdom, it is useless in mind and body to stand before this door and knock, saying, `Lord, open to us; we would also be great in the kingdom.' Then will I declare that you are not of my fold. I will not receive you to be among those who have fought the good fight of faith and won the reward of unselfish service in the kingdom on earth. And when you say, `Did we not eat and drink with you, and did you not teach in our streets?' then shall I again declare that you are spiritual strangers; that we were not fellow servants in the Father's ministry of mercy on earth; that I do not know you; and then shall the Judge of all the earth say to you: `Depart from us, all you who have taken delight in the works of iniquity.'

_________________
StrongcharactersRnotderivedfromnotdoingwrongbutratherfrom
actuallydoingrightUnselfishnesisthebadgeofhumangreatnes
Thehighestlevelsofselfrealizationareatainedbyworshipandservice
Thehapyandefectivepersonismotivatednotbyfearofwrongdoingbutby
loveofrightdoing


Top
 Profile Send private message  
Reply with quote  
PostPosted:  
Offline
User avatar

Joined: Tue Jan 20, 2009 4:55 pm +0000
Posts: 269
Location: Naples Florida
I tend to think the "spiritual war" has a lot to do with the continued presence of Caligastia here on Urantia. He is certainly doing all he possibly can to advance his evil agenda here, and while he cannot invade the lives of normal minded people unless they really desire his evil presence in their lives, I'm quite sure there are many who would eagerly invite him in pursuant to their agendas, and I can see many troubles in the world in which he might well have a hand.


Top
 Profile Send private message  
Reply with quote  
PostPosted:  
Offline

Joined: Wed May 11, 2011 8:51 am +0000
Posts: 10
Boomshuka,

I'm a little confused as to how the quote that you posted relates to the UFO information. Since the urantia DOES talk about this subject, including "life on a nearby planet", I'd think that it's all part of the big picture. I'd hate to think that it's wrong to become more aware and try to make sense of how it all fits into our mutual existence in the universe. Again, I would want to stay far away from ANY rebellious being, but if there is GOOD out there, I'm a bit curious as to their mission. Plus, I'd think that any being that talks lovingly about Christ teachings seems to be a good sign...I would hope.

I hope that my curiosity about this does not fall under a category of iniquity. Is that what you meant by the quote? Maybe I misunderstood.


Top
 Profile Send private message  
Reply with quote  
PostPosted:  
Offline
User avatar

Joined: Tue Jan 20, 2009 4:55 pm +0000
Posts: 269
Location: Naples Florida
The UB talks about government on a neighboring planet. It says nothing about UFO's, or space travel by those on that neighboring planet, or any other planet.


Top
 Profile Send private message  
Reply with quote  
PostPosted:  
Offline

Joined: Sun Oct 11, 2009 1:43 pm +0000
Posts: 126
Amy wrote:
The UB talks about government on a neighboring planet. It says nothing about UFO's, or space travel by those on that neighboring planet, or any other planet.


See I always felt that TUB did talk about space travel in it's own way;

13:1.2  The Paradise worlds of the Father are directed by the highest order of the Stationary Sons of the Trinity, the Trinitized Secrets of Supremacy. Of these worlds I can tell little; of their manifold activities I may tell less. Such information concerns only those beings who function thereon and go forth therefrom. And though I am somewhat familiar with six of these special worlds, never have I landed on Divinington; that world is wholly forbidden to me.

Notice the word 'landed' in the last sentence.

Maybe I'm wrong,
Azacar


Top
 Profile Send private message  
Reply with quote  
PostPosted:  
Offline
User avatar

Joined: Tue Jan 20, 2009 4:55 pm +0000
Posts: 269
Location: Naples Florida
Azacar wrote:
And though I am somewhat familiar with six of these special worlds, never have I landed on Divinington; that world is wholly forbidden to me.

Notice the word 'landed' in the last sentence.

Maybe I'm wrong,
Azacar


Well it is one thing to speak of travel between worlds by high created spiritual beings, and quite another to speak of travel by mortals between worlds via spaceships. Clearly this speaks of the former rather than the latter.


Top
 Profile Send private message  
Reply with quote  
PostPosted:  
Offline

Joined: Sun Oct 11, 2009 1:43 pm +0000
Posts: 126
Amy wrote:
Azacar wrote:
And though I am somewhat familiar with six of these special worlds, never have I landed on Divinington; that world is wholly forbidden to me.

Notice the word 'landed' in the last sentence.

Maybe I'm wrong,
Azacar


Well it is one thing to speak of travel between worlds by high created spiritual beings, and quite another to speak of travel by mortals between worlds via spaceships. Clearly this speaks of the former rather than the latter.


Ah okay. Thanks for clearing this up! What's your opinion on the type on interstellar medium used by the spirit beings? Do they perhaps use some form of supermaterial space craft? Just for debating purposes. No reason otherwise.

Best,
Azacar

Best,
Azacar


Top
 Profile Send private message  
Reply with quote  
PostPosted:  
Offline
User avatar

Joined: Tue Jan 20, 2009 4:55 pm +0000
Posts: 269
Location: Naples Florida
Azacar wrote:

Ah okay. Thanks for clearing this up! What's your opinion on the type on interstellar medium used by the spirit beings? Do they perhaps use some form of supermaterial space craft? Just for debating purposes. No reason otherwise.

Best,
Azacar


Well I think you are asking for speculation here, and I'd just as soon not go there. Religious speculation is inevitable, but always detrimental.

The UB makes no mention of any sort of spacecraft, and we have no reason to suppose that high created beings need them. In fact, the account of seraphic transports seems to strongly indicate that they do not. The question of a possible relationship between UFO's and the UB pops up all the time, and there really is no evidence to connect the two.

I've seen things in the skies that I cannot explain at all, but I have no indication that they were piloted by midwayers or any other spiritual entities. If I had to guess I'd opt for intelligent mortal beings operating them.


Top
 Profile Send private message  
Reply with quote  
PostPosted:  
Offline

Joined: Sun Oct 11, 2009 1:43 pm +0000
Posts: 126
Amy wrote:
Azacar wrote:

Ah okay. Thanks for clearing this up! What's your opinion on the type on interstellar medium used by the spirit beings? Do they perhaps use some form of supermaterial space craft? Just for debating purposes. No reason otherwise.

Best,
Azacar


Well I think you are asking for speculation here, and I'd just as soon not go there. Religious speculation is inevitable, but always detrimental.

The UB makes no mention of any sort of spacecraft, and we have no reason to suppose that high created beings need them. In fact, the account of seraphic transports seems to strongly indicate that they do not. The question of a possible relationship between UFO's and the UB pops up all the time, and there really is no evidence to connect the two.

I've seen things in the skies that I cannot explain at all, but I have no indication that they were piloted by midwayers or any other spiritual entities. If I had to guess I'd opt for intelligent mortal beings operating them.


I wouldn't have called that speculation really; more debating the interperation of the fifth epochal revelation. I think that's pretty healthy debate actually. But hey, each to their own. We're all evolving brothers and sisters here so I don't want to annoy anyone by 'speculating' I shouldn't.

You are right, of course, but I feel that on other planets of higher evolutionary position there will, inevitably, be spaceships of some kind. Maybe not contacting other worlds - but certainly more advanced than the kind of thing we have on Urantia. That's all I was getting at really...

Best,
Azacar


Top
 Profile Send private message  
Reply with quote  
PostPosted:  
Offline
User avatar

Joined: Tue Jan 20, 2009 4:55 pm +0000
Posts: 269
Location: Naples Florida
I quite agree with you Acazar, and I fully believe there are worlds far more advanced than our own, who have advanced space travel, and I even think they have been coming here for a very long time. I just don't connect them with the Urantia Book.


Top
 Profile Send private message  
Reply with quote  
PostPosted:  
Offline

Joined: Sun Oct 11, 2009 1:43 pm +0000
Posts: 126
Okay that's fair enough!

Much love, peace and respect,
Azacar


Top
 Profile Send private message  
Reply with quote  
PostPosted:  
Offline
User avatar

Joined: Sat Jul 02, 2011 7:06 am +0000
Posts: 21
Location: TX
Amy wrote:
I quite agree with you Acazar, and I fully believe there are worlds far more advanced than our own, who have advanced space travel, and I even think they have been coming here for a very long time. I just don't connect them with the Urantia Book.


many of the beings in the UB are physical beings of time and space. These beings must travel by spaceship. Here are some verses:

"Spirit beings would naturally travel above the surface of the sphere, while the morontia and material beings make use of material and semimaterial means to negotiate atmospheric passage."

(521.1) 46:2.4 The transportation system is allied with the circulatory streams of energy movement, these main energy currents being located at ten-mile intervals. By adjustment of physical mechanisms the material beings of the planet can proceed at a pace varying from two to five hundred miles per hour. The transport birds fly at about one hundred miles an hour. The air mechanisms of the Material Sons travel around five hundred miles per hour. Material and early morontia beings must utilize these mechanical means of transport, but spirit personalities proceed by liaison with the superior forces and spirit sources of energy.

There are references to UFOs in the Bible....for more info, you can read details at my website.

www.truthofalltruths.org


Top
 Profile Send private message  
Reply with quote  
Display posts from previous:  Sort by  
Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 32 posts ]  Go to page 1, 2, 3  Next

All times are UTC - 7 hours


Who is online

Registered users: Google [Bot], Google Feedfetcher


You cannot post new topics in this forum
You cannot reply to topics in this forum
You cannot edit your posts in this forum
You cannot delete your posts in this forum
You can post attachments in this forum

Search for:
Jump to:  
Powered by phpBB® Forum Software © phpBB Group