Urantia Book Forum

Urantia Book Discussion Board : Study Group
It is currently Sun Oct 13, 2019 4:59 pm +0000

All times are UTC - 7 hours

PostPosted:  

Having still read only less than one half of the book - but from all the four parts of it - I am willing to put TUB in a nutshell. Probably could not do that any more after having read all of it, so now's the perfect time. :)

What you really need to understand and remember from TUB:

God Exists and is the First Cause behind Everything. We are His children and thus all humans are brothers and sisters. He loves us, has donated us each a fragment of Himself and wants us to become like Himself. We can decide to accept His offer and join the fragment and thus gain eternal life in His presence.

Did I forget something crucial?

Profile Send private message  
PostPosted:  

pertti wrote:

That's pretty good. Mine would be:

The Fatherhood of God and the brotherhood of man.

-r

PostPosted:  

I would add --Human's starting out as creature's of time and space can ascend from basic self-consciousness to god--

-consciousness threw faith in the human effectiveness to do the will of god- and maybe --God searches for man just as man searches for God--

-- if you will not let yourself be led by spirit than you will not enter the kingdom of heaven and you will die, mercy and love cannot overule human will--

Those are kinda taken from the Jesus paper's....you probably haven't found this little sentence yet pertti this one took me a while to find, its about God-Consciousness, for a long long time I had no clue what they meant by that word...

Paper 103:1:6 "The realization of the recognition of spiritual values is an experience which is superideational. There is no word in any human language which can be employed to designate this “sense,” “feeling,” “intuition,” or “experience” which we have elected to call God-consciousness"

Thehapyandefectivepersonismotivatednotbyfearofwrongdoingbutby
loveofrightdoing

PostPosted:  

That The Good News
The Gospel of Jesus Will Not Fail !

Light and Life

The Universe Is Friendly

Salvation by Faith

FOG BOM

The Viris of LOVE Is Contagious

The Golden Rule

Truth , Beauty and Goodness 8)

PostPosted:  

1:0.3 God-knowing creatures have only one supreme ambition, just one consuming desire, and that is to become, as they are in their spheres, like him as he is in his Paradise perfection of personality and in his universal sphere of righteous supremacy.

no what you said is What you really need to understand and remember from TUB, however that's not tub in a nutshell, that's What we really need to understand and remember from TUB. tub in a nutshell is three eternal gods, paradise is their home at the center of all creation, jesus is the creator of one out of 700,000 universes, not the eternal son, lucifer is the system rebeller of 1,000 worlds in jesus' universe. adam and eve existed after there were evolutionary humans here and eve defaulted by being impregnated by someone other than adam, it was not an apple, jesus gained the sovereignty of his universe in his seventh bestowal among his created creatures here as a human, not born of a virgin, but having an earthly father and because of jesus' life all normal minded humans on urantia receive a thought adjuster, the spirit of the first person of deity, the universal father.

pertti wrote:
Having still read only less than one half of the book - but from all the four parts of it - I am willing to put TUB in a nutshell. Probably could not do that any more after having read all of it, so now's the perfect time. :)

God Exists and is the First Cause behind Everything. We are His children and thus all humans are brothers and sisters. He loves us, has donated us each a fragment of Himself and wants us to become like Himself. We can decide to accept His offer and join the fragment and thus gain eternal life in His presence.

Did I forget something crucial?

PostPosted:  

We are royalty because we proceed from divinity itself.