Urantia Book Forum

Urantia Book Discussion Board : Study Group
It is currently Mon Sep 28, 2020 8:40 am +0000

All times are UTC - 7 hours

PostPosted:  

Hi Vance38,

The simple answer is:

“If you truly want to find God, that desire is in itself evidence that you have already found him".

"At Syracuse they spent a full week. The notable event of their stop here was the rehabilitation of Ezra, the backslidden Jew, who kept the tavern where Jesus and his companions stopped. Ezra was charmed by Jesus’ approach and asked him to help him come back to the faith of Israel. He expressed his hopelessness by saying, “I want to be a true son of Abraham, but I cannot find God.” Said Jesus: “If you truly want to find God, that desire is in itself evidence that you have already found him. Your trouble is not that you cannot find God, for the Father has already found you; your trouble is simply that you do not know God. Have you not read in the Prophet Jeremiah, ‘You shall seek me and find me when you shall search for me with all your heart’? And again, does not this same prophet say: ‘And I will give you a heart to know me, that I am the Lord, and you shall belong to my people, and I will be your God’? And have you not also read in the Scriptures where it says: ‘He looks down upon men, and if any will say: I have sinned and perverted that which was right, and it profited me not, then will God deliver that man’s soul from darkness, and he shall see the light’?” And Ezra found God and to the satisfaction of his soul. Later, this Jew, in association with a well-to-do Greek proselyte, built the first Christian church in Syracuse."

http://www.truthbook.com/index.cfm?linkID=1382#U130_8_2

Colter

Profile Send private message  
PostPosted:  

Planet Earth calling Erin...............where are you? :wink: :wink: :wink:

PostPosted:  

Thank you so much for all of your replies. As I read TUB I can feel many changes happening. All of them good and I am very excited about what the future holds. It's when my ego doubts get in the way that I have trouble seeing clearly. Here is an example: When I first started reading TUB 7 months ago, I was hearing alot about angels and about animals not having souls and going to heaven. These two concepts were very hard for me to accept at the time and I didn't know if I should continue reading because I wanted answers and these concepts did not fit into my belief systems. It's when I asked myself to for just one moment to consider the possibilty of angels being a reality and animals not having a soul; that I began to see that in fact I have had angels in my life the whole time! They have been there for me the times when I needed them the most! As for the issue with animals, I still love them the same and I am grateful for the love they give me.
I am new to this and I have so much to learn. I guess faith is part of this self mastery thing and it takes practice. From what I can gather eventually faith will out weigh this see saw of doubt and faith. Thanks again.

PostPosted:  

Feeling God is as simple as noticing a grass hopper at your feet as he chirps away.

let me explain, We perceive every thing in-accord to how we think, our thinking is most of the time clouded by so much noise that we only perceive that which we have trained our selves to see.

Thus the Story of the Chinese monk and the little boy applys.

The monk asks the little boy to close his eyes and tell him all he perceives, The little boy with eyes close tells of all he had seen before he has closed his eyes. upon opening his eyes the monk say to him .. Why did you not notice that Grass-Hopper at your feet chirping away. :)

Blessings to all ..and as always, Stay True to The journey

PostPosted:  

Colter had mentioned of it.

God is a mystery when we ourselves failed to know and accept that he is in us; we has his fragment in us, al we need is to nurture and do his will.

When we said that we know and experience God himself is maybe we are referring to our experient with his fragment encircuited... can we know and experienced him yet when we are still an ascending imperfect mortal spirit?

Immediate and tempory experiences we had thru those astetic means..yoga and the likes are just glimpses of the spirit world...Is it God himself or that we had find God?

If God is here within us, then it is rended easy for us to know and finds him.....what do we see in nature? the beauty in other human being? the fruits and contributions of modern science and technology? our rigtheous deisre and deeds....

Wanting to know God via those immediate and temporary means is just like a sprinter; he ran very fast with an all out effort and immediate euphora but only to crumpled and exhausted; some giving up, in the end.

IMHO, faith and God is like a long distance runner; he runs with a steady pace and dtermination. He falls and he pick himself up and continue until finish. He experienced a sense of achievement as well few lesson along the way; but surely the most valuable one is how he fights himself to finish the race.

God is all aroung us and in us;to experience him is to experience all the goods and beauty all around us and in us. Trust him; our Thought Adjuster, he is the god in us and he wil/alreadyl leads us to him,.ie. if we are willing to listen and follow.

PostPosted:  

J. Barry wrote:
Feeling God is as simple as noticing a grass hopper at your feet as he chirps away.

let me explain, We perceive every thing in-accord to how we think, our thinking is most of the time clouded by so much noise that we only perceive that which we have trained our selves to see.

Thus the Story of the Chinese monk and the little boy applys.

The monk asks the little boy to close his eyes and tell him all he perceives, The little boy with eyes close tells of all he had seen before he has closed his eyes. upon opening his eyes the monk say to him .. Why did you not notice that Grass-Hopper at your feet chirping away. :)

Blessings to all ..and as always, Stay True to The journey

Sweet. What you said here reminded me of this Eckhart Tolle quote:
"Even a stone, and more easily a flower or a bird, could show you the way back to God, to the Source, to yourself. When you look at it or hold it & let it be without imposing a word of mental label on it, a sense of awe, of wonder, arises within you. Its essence silently communicates itself to you and reflects your own essence back to you."

I am starting to get that if I have a difficult time feeling the Presence, that a good relationship with the Present is a start.

Blessings and light
Will

PostPosted:  

Hi Vance...glad to see your response...I've been a daily reader since 1975... Seeking God and the desire to be like him is a process, not an event...we grow daily in experience and wisdom...enjoy the ride... :wink:

PostPosted:  

"I want to be a better person, parent, make friends and fill my desire to help others and I know the only way for me to get there is through God."

You are already on your way! Your "DESIRE" to do good to others is GODS DESIREE!!, Just stay hungry!, and ask for god to multiply your "Desire" to do good to other's, and you will find a way to be a better person, parent and friend all on your own because you are soOOO hungry for it :). To be hungry to do good to other's is all you need my friend!, no need to overcomplicate yourself!, God will nurse that hunger and multiply it so it becomes more enjoyable. You just gota want it!

Thehapyandefectivepersonismotivatednotbyfearofwrongdoingbutby
loveofrightdoing