Urantia Book Forum

Urantia Book Discussion Board : Study Group
It is currently Wed May 27, 2020 2:49 am +0000

All times are UTC - 7 hours

Post subject: Re: Aliens
PostPosted:  

nebadonomega wrote:
I agree completely with the above post, even going so far as wondering what Lucifer's case was against God that caused so many personalites to turn away from Him and instead choose Lucifer. In the dark depths of my mind I have wondered if perhaps all of us will be spiritually brainwashed to serve this higher power. I know in my heart that this is not so, but you know the old saying: The winners are the ones who write history.

In Kabbalah, it teaches that in order to perceive the Creator, one needs to get rid off egoism, or the vested interests in all the events in one's personal life. Before this, one is actually being controlled by fear/selfishness of animal origin.

The philosophy is simple: searching hard within your heart, what is most valuable to you, if this is not compatible with fear/selfishness, it must from God. That is the evidence that you are indwelt and you have something from God.

Profile Send private message  
PostPosted:  

For a personal mind actually thinking, it is not hard to recognize the reality one experiences is actually governed by laws. Furthermore, one can observe material reality and mind reality are not the same. However, some philosophers try to unify the two by Materialism or Idealism. The existence of these two indicates material and mindal realities can not be origin of each other. One also discovers that when laws of reality are understood, material reality and mind reality can be manipulated. It is really frustrating that one can not alter any of the laws governing reality. This leads to the speculation that reality is governed absolutely by laws. It is not hard to conceive Deity as absolute laws.
Many atheists will not disagree with such Deity concept.

A thinking mind also realizes one truth: self plus non-self is a unity. So the absoluteness of oneness will give rise to the pantheism Deity concept: we are one, you are part of me and I am part of you and etc.

Personal concept of Deity seems to be a revealed truth from higher order of mind to lower order. This concept must reconcile with the law concept as well as unity concept. The Urantia Papers do a very masterful job of it and more by introducing Seven Absolutes; however, one can still get away felling hollow unless he actually experiences the indwelling Spirit, the representation of the Universal Father, in his ordinary life.

Jesus demonstrated how a merely mortal mind can form personal concept of Deity, all powerful and absolutely good Heavenly Father. This Father concept of Deity can not be totally understood unless personality concept is taught. Once again, for a mortal, without experiencing the indwelling Spirit, the Father concept can be a philosophical ball being kicked around.

PostPosted:  

Quote:
(616.3) 54:4.4 Most of the liberties which Lucifer sought he already had; others he was to receive in the future. All these precious endowments were lost by giving way to impatience and yielding to a desire to possess what one craves now and to possess it in defiance of all obligation to respect the rights and liberties of all other beings composing the universe of universes. Ethical obligations are innate, divine, and universal.

This goes back quite a bit before our time but so many still fall by this wayside -- even in the absence of Lucifer. He took the appointment with full knowledge of the divine plan and with full knowledge he exploited that plan for self interest. He took an appointment of leadership -- a position we can assume by words and/or action -- and he led to the path of his self aggrandizement.

So long ago. And how far have we progressed?

@Coop... my friend, I am strange. I am not an alien although I translucently look like one in my picture. :-)

PostPosted:  

TonyMa wrote:
Here is another logical speculation: Michael has a creator father who has a creator father, and the existence of personal beings is an infinite chain of fathers and sons. The First Source and Center is not necessary. Insisting on origin/beginning is a manifestation of finite mind. Also the above speculation is a manifestation of finite projecting onto infinite. I AM is a creature philosophical concession.
Hi Tony. I don’t quite agree. Apart from the Eternal Son, the entire 'father-son hierarchy' is subinfinite. And all subinfinite realities (including primary creator sons) at least have a (relative) beginning, and are derived from and have their base or being or origin in the absolute reality of infinity (115:1.3). Only the Infinite trinity (obviously) doesn’t have a beginning or an end.

One of the problems of Lucifer may have been that the absolute primacy of the Universal Father (0:3.25), relative to the primacy of the First Source and Center (0:3.24), is not apparent on subinfinite levels: "Only the Eternal Son and the Infinite Spirit may truly know the Father as an infinity; to all other personalities such a concept represents the exercise of faith" (0:3.25).

The First Source and Center is postulated by the revelators to actually exist. Unlike the concept of the I AM, the First Source and Center is not a "creature-philosophic concession to finite comprehension". And the Infinite "denotes the fullness — the finality — implied by the primacy of the First Source and Center" (0:3.24).

The theoretical I AM is (indeed) "a creature-philosophical extension of the infinity of will of the Universal Father" (0:3.24), and "a concession to the impossibility of finite comprehension of nonbeginning, nonending existences" (0:3.23). "The I AM connotes unqualified infinity, the undifferentiated reality of all that could ever be in all of an infinite eternity" (105:1.3)..

Quote:
0:3.23 The concept of the I AM is a philosophic concession which we make to the time-bound, space-fettered, finite mind of man, to the impossibility of creature comprehension of eternity existences — nonbeginning, nonending realities and relationships. To the time-space creature, all things must have a beginning save only the ONE UNCAUSED — the primeval cause of causes. Therefore do we conceptualize this philosophic value-level as the I AM, at the same time instructing all creatures that the Eternal Son and the Infinite Spirit are coeternal with the I AM; in other words, that there never was a time when the I AM was not the Father of the Son and, with him, of the Spirit.

0:3.24 The Infinite is used to denote the fullness — the finality — implied by the primacy of the First Source and Center. The theoretical I AM is a creature-philosophic extension of the “infinity of will,” but the Infinite is an actual value-level representing the eternity-intension of the true infinity of the absolute and unfettered free will of the Universal Father. This concept is sometimes designated the Father-Infinite.

0:3.25 Much of the confusion of all orders of beings, high and low, in their efforts to discover the Father-Infinite, is inherent in their limitations of comprehension. The absolute primacy of the Universal Father is not apparent on subinfinite levels; therefore is it probable that only the Eternal Son and the Infinite Spirit truly know the Father as an infinity; to all other personalities such a concept represents the exercise of faith.

105:1.3 The I AM is the Infinite; the I AM is also infinity. From the sequential, time viewpoint, all reality has its origin in the infinite I AM, whose solitary existence in past infinite eternity must be a finite creature’s premier philosophic postulate. The concept of the I AM connotes unqualified infinity, the undifferentiated reality of all that could ever be in all of an infinite eternity.

115:1.3 In order to facilitate mortal comprehension of the universe of universes, the diverse levels of cosmic reality have been designated as finite, absonite, and absolute. Of these only the absolute is unqualifiedly eternal, truly existential. Absonites and finites are derivatives, modifications, qualifications, and attenuations of the original and primordial absolute reality of infinity.