Greetings Visitors and Friends,
Truthbook.com was created as a showcase for the teachings of The Urantia Book with an emphasis on Part IV, The Life and Teachings of Jesus.
This discussion board, as an extension of the Truthbook.com website, has one primary goal: To be a safe place where newcomers to The Urantia Book can ask questions and explore the teachings of The Urantia Book in a communal setting.
In a sense, this forum is a Virtual Urantia Book Study Group
. Specifically, it is a place for new readers to meet long-time readers. We welcome long-time readers as a valuable resource for assisting newcomers to better understand the teachings of The Urantia Book; this discussion board is provided for the benefit of long-time readers too, keeping our primary goal in mind.
Administrators and moderators will be visiting these boards daily to ensure civility and harmony and keep them free of spam.Discussion Board Guidelines & Rules:
We welcome individuals of all faiths to participate on this board and to share their beliefs; however; this discussion board is about The Urantia Book. If - for example - you feel inspired by religion/philosophy/idea "X", it would be advisable that you discuss "X" as it relates to The Urantia Book. As a Urantia Book discussion board it is the place to ask questions, but not the place for promoting or proselytizing one's own personal belief system.
Forum participants who are Urantia Book students, we humbly ask that you keep the spirit of this board: Outreach for the Urantia Book teachings.
Ultimately we strive for self-governance here, as described in The Urantia Book. "That which governs least governs best." Nevertheless, there are rules. Here are some more rules:
The Jesusonian Foundation is a 501 (c) (3) Nonprofit Religious Foundation. Organizations with this classification are prohibited from conducting political campaign activities to influence elections to public office. Consequently, discussions about political campaigns, political parties, an individual's or group's political leanings, or politicians are not allowed and will be deleted
. Nevertheless, one is permitted to discuss the issues of governance and administration, and ethical behavior, as they appear in the Urantia Book.
The following Urantia movement-related controversies are banned from discussion in any of the forums (overt or covert):* The Teaching Mission / Channeling. (We have no issue with people who believe they are communicating with non-human entities, or spiritual beings, or even with themselves. But this is not the forum for people to discuss those presumed communications.)
* The Copyright.
* Individual people that read The Urantia Book that do not please you.
* Urantia Book organizations that do not please you.
There is a simple reason that we do not allow these topics at all: They are divisive. These topics have been shown to disrupt and disable Urantia Book forums. If you want to discuss the above forbidden topics, please do so on another forum or with one another by way of email or Private Messages (PM). Then -- once you have vented your spleen -- come back here. Seriously, we are just not interested.
If you have questions concerning our rules, suggestions or criticisms, please send your thoughts directly to any moderator or administrator rather than voice these concerns openly on the boards.Please Do Not:
1. Impersonate or misrepresent yourself or forge or otherwise seek to conceal or misrepresent the origin of any Content provided by you.
2. Collect or harvest any data about other users.
3. Provide or use this web site and any Content or service in any commercial manner or in any manner that would involve junk mail, spam, chain letters, pyramid schemes, Nigerian scams or any other form of unauthorized advertising without our prior written consent (which we will not provide).
4. Provide any Content that may give rise to our civil or criminal liability or which may constitute or be considered a violation of any local, national or international law, including but not limited to laws relating.
5. Use language that is inconsistent with our community standards as a family friendly site, including the use of sarcasm directed at any individual personality, insinuations that call into question another person's motives, swear words or profanity. Ad Hominem
attacks are also discouraged, and will - most likely - lead to post deletions, locked threads, and even the removal of posting privileges.
6. Impede or otherwise prohibit communication by disrupting the discussion including, without limitation, using screen names in topical chats that are offensive to the topic or posting depictions that are offensive and/or repeatedly posting off-topic comments in a topical chat.
7. Use language or images that depict violence.
8. Use language that is intended to demean, victimize, harass, degrade or intimidate an individual or group of individuals on the basis of age, disability, ethnicity, gender, race, religious beliefs or sexual orientation. Hate speech and/or images are always unacceptable.
9. Add information to this website that is illegal or incites illegal activity, such as pornography, drugs or any kind of activity related to terrorism.
10. Add, upload or transmit any Content that infringes any patent, trademark, trade secret, copyright or other proprietary rights of any party.
11. Attempt to harvest or collect member information, including screen names.
12. Attempt to get a password or other private information from a user. Remember: Truthbook.com will NEVER ask for your password.
13. Spam this website or discussion forum. You may not post the same message twice on the forums. Pick the most appropriate forum and post one message there and make sure the forum you are posting to is the same topic as your post.
14. Use the Discussion Forum email and Private message system to spam or scam other members.
15. Create multiple accounts. Users who attempt this may have their privileges revoked.
16. Defraud or deceive our members. This may result in your account being suspended.
17. Post on behalf of any banned member. This includes all forums, private messages, and email features.
18. Individual posts may not be deleted or heavily edited by the member after other board users have commented on them. This undermines the integrity of the thread.
19. Discuss or complain on the public Forum decisions of the owner, administrators, or moderators.Abner's Corner
is for discussing sensitive topics found within
The Urantia Book. (Which should not be confused with "sensitive topics relating to
The Urantia Book". We are interested in "within
". We are not really interested in "relating to
".) Contact a moderator on Abner's Corner for admittance to the usergroup.
The Truthbook.com Administrators