Urantia Book Forum

Urantia Book Discussion Board : Study Group
It is currently Wed Oct 28, 2020 7:38 am +0000

All times are UTC - 7 hours

Post subject: Hello from NE Oklahoma
PostPosted:  

I am so glad that I figured out how to use this site. I have enjoyed reading a lot of the discussions and they are very informative. I have been studying the UB for over 15 years and it has helped me with so many things--especially with my children. I live in a part of Oklahoma that noone knows about the UB and that can be kind of hard to make friends at times. Right now I am isolated in the country and cannot get out much. My car is broken down and my husband has to use the only running vehicle for work, that makes it hard for me to get out among people. I have plenty of animals to visit with--they just don't talk back.

I am working on a degree in psychology and hope one day I can help people understand things about themselves. Being in college has inspired some of my children to go back to school and one of the granddaughter is talking about college and she is in the second grade. I hope to make a lot of new friends on this site.

Profile Send private message  
PostPosted:  

Hi Maxine! Nice to meet you. Thanks for stepping up and introducing yourself. I have a rather isolated life myself, which is made lively by the interactions I enjoy on the Internet. Besides living in a gated community (a very non-social environment), I have a physical disability that severely inhibits my mobility, so I spend most of my hours at my desk. Were it not for my contacts on the sundry lists, I would go stir crazy, for sure.

I have to assume you are attending classes on-line. That is very exciting. Keeping the mind alive is essential. The UB is the best thing for stimulating thought! Welcome to Truthbook.

PostPosted:  

Hi Maxine, and Gerdean... and all :-)

Nice post Maxine, and welcome to the Truthbook site. Good to meet you! It sounds like we are all in our own ways physically isolated from other folks that are into the Urantia Book. It was a great find for me personally to come across this site on the internet.

I do get out often, and travel some, so I am not as tied down to one spot as some may be... but it is great to actually find folks who are into the UB. There are some good intelligent folks on this site, and sometimes the threads can be a good spiritual and mental challenge... which is good.

I use to have horses, which I could talk with... no response but that look in the eye of, where's the food, of course. And now it's just the three cats and all the birds, deer, and other animals that come into my yard. So if someone catches me talking to what looks like myself... well, you know it has to be one of the cats. Haha! At least that is what I tell friends. :lol: I do understand what you are saying when you talk about your animals that don't talk back. Hey, they are there for us, we might as well talk to the little buddies.

I do agree however, that real people to talk with that are into the UB are a rare and great find in the physical world these days. Especially for us folks that live sort of way out there far from the large cities, like I do.

I agree with Gerdean that keeping the mind alive is number one on the list of healthy living.

Hope you two have a great day,

God Bless,
Bill

PostPosted:  
Site Admin

Welcome Maxine -- it's great that you've joined us.
Best wishes,
Larry