Urantia Book Forum

Urantia Book Discussion Board : Study Group
It is currently Mon Sep 28, 2020 12:44 pm +0000

All times are UTC - 7 hours

Post subject: Re: A newbie!
PostPosted:  

skazmar wrote:

You are obviously speaking of yourself.

No, Steven, (sorry, thought you had once referred to yourself as Robert) I was not speaking of myself, which should be obvious, since I am the one who said "they reveal their true character as being totally intellectual without a trace of spiritual knowledge" and I am the one who is speaking of spiritual experiential knowledge above intellectual knowledge. That should be clear.

Quote:
As you have been voicing so about "Voices", whether it is from the S of T, one's TA, or other celestial origin... it is absolutely ludicrous, and against all that the UB states, as well as stands for. As I stated when first joining this discussion, what occurs is a mental effort, not a literal vocal one.

Steven, I'm not really sure what you keep referring to as "Voices". I have not mentioned anything about hearing audible or otherwise "Voices" from beyond :lol: You keep misconstruing what I have said. Now, one more time:

8.6.4 “The love of the Spirit” is real, as also are his sorrows; therefore “Grieve not the Spirit of God.” Whether we observe the Infinite Spirit as Paradise Deity or as a local universe Creative Spirit, we find that the Conjoint Creator is not only the Third Source and Center but also a divine person. This divine personality also reacts to the universe as a person. The Spirit speaks to you, “He who has an ear, let him hear what the Spirit says.” “The Spirit himself makes intercession for you.” The Spirit exerts a direct and personal influence upon created beings, “For as many as are led by the Spirit of God, they are the sons of God.”

146.2.4 3. By opening the human end of the channel of the God-man communication, mortals make immediately available the ever-flowing stream of divine ministry to the creatures of the worlds. When man hears God’s spirit speak within the human heart, inherent in such an experience is the fact that God simultaneously hears that man’s prayer.

146.2.17 16. Jesus taught his followers that, when they had made their prayers to the Father, they should remain for a time in silent receptivity to afford the indwelling spirit the better opportunity to speak to the listening soul. The spirit of the Father speaks best to man when the human mind is in an attitude of true worship.

You can try to rephrase this all you want to fit in with your misunderstanding of God actually speaking to man, but experience is the proof.

Maybe you should try this sometime. Instead of approaching God with your intellect, you should try worshipping Him and then do what Jesus said: wait and listen. Or, maybe you don't have that "ear to hear" yet of which He speaks.

Well, anyway, I can see where some may be lacking on the experiential side, and I will just have to be the more patient for the Spirit to prepare the minds and hearts and "ears" of those who are yet to hear His voice. I can guarantee, the first time you hear His voice will change all of your thinking forever. And believe me (and others who have) you will know His voice, just as Jesus said.

Profile Send private message  
PostPosted:  

Our sister, KP wrote:

Quote:
Well, anyway, I can see where some may be lacking on the experiential side, and I will just have to be the more patient for the Spirit to prepare the minds and hearts and "ears" of those who are yet to hear His voice. I can guarantee, the first time you hear His voice will change all of your thinking forever. And believe me (and others who have) you will know His voice, just as Jesus said.

and also offered:

Quote:
Maybe you should try this sometime. Instead of approaching God with your intellect, you should try worshipping Him and then do what Jesus said: wait and listen. Or, maybe you don't have that "ear to hear" yet of which He speaks.

Quote:
This is very revealing as to where your priorities are. You will never "master" the journey until you do have a personal, intimate relationship with God. If you are trying to "master" it while putting the relationship in the background, you will always miss the mark!

Quote:
When someone continuously makes false observations and believes they have "bagged the fox" it only means that this person is insecure and unsure of their own ability to discern spiritual matters and they reveal their true character as being totally intellectual without a trace of spiritual knowledge.

. . . which causes me to ask, KP, if you are changed forever by His voice, why do you so consistently speak to your beloved brethren the way you do? Do you truly believe that your brothers in Christ do not know Him? How can you dare to judge this? I know all of the brothers you speak to and also know, by the fruits that they bear, that what you accuse them of is false. Will you also dare to apologize and yearn to truly better understand them? Doesn't this beautiful voice urge you to delight in so doing?

just wondering,
susan

PostPosted:  

Quote:
No wonder they used to think Jesus was "beside himself." He was! Totally out of his mind: beyond the adjutant mind-circuits, and even beyond the first psychic circle, into pure mind where he was able to speak with God directly. Face to face, as it were.
Gerdean, as I read this from you I had to laugh and wonder at how true it is! How true! Of course, as a mere mortal of the realm I do have access to higher mind and the power to accept or reject His compelling love. And being a simple terrestial I still have the arduous daily task of affirming, through self-will, the alignment of my will to that of the Father's. But I love your idea of "losing your mind" to Him, and am also reminded of Alice falling down the rabbit hole and encountering the Doorknob who said, "Keep your head." In other words... I can lose my mind, but I must also keep my head!

Go figure!

PostPosted:  

Indeed, Steve, it is a delicate balance.

PostPosted:  

Hi A Listener,

We come by different ways to find the Urantia Book, but how great it is that increasing number of people around the world is finding it. I found it in Philippines and I like to say that it was a conspiracy from the the celestial beings on guiding me to the book. I had rejected it once and before I would accept it for good, I would rejected it again.

About any advise for you as a newbiee, just continue to be sensitive to the voice within you. Many times, it is the voice the of your Adjuster, leading you on the divine way. You also might to pray directly to the Spirit of Truth, that is present with us here on Urantia, to illuminate us on all truth. Sometimes, when things intrigue me I ask orientation to the Spirit of Truth, and soon I receive some illumination on that matter.

But remeber, many times, is not not the Adjuster or other celestial being talking to you. It is just your own thoughts reverbeting in your mind... only you can discern.

I would say do not get too excited about listenning to the voice, -- the Adjuster will make clear to you, when it is important. Just go easy one that...

Yes, I have heard the voice of my Adjuster many times, the problem is not listening to it, it is follow it.

I wish I could follow his leadings more faithfully.

Welcome,

Jovalso

PostPosted:  

jovalso said:

"Yes, I have heard the voice of my Adjuster many times"

Be careful, some people on this forum do not understand this and may say things like:

"whether it is from the S of T, one's TA, or other celestial origin... it is absolutely ludicrous, and against all that the UB states, as well as stands for."

But, good for you to speak the truth. Need more people to speak the truth from experience.

Thank you!

PostPosted:  

Hi a Listener,

When i first replyed to your posting, I had no idea that such a painful discussion was going on originated from your original posting. I am specheless to what I have read in this thread.

I just want to say that when I mentioned that I said i have heard the voice of my Adjuster many times, I meant it IN MY MIND, NEVER AUDIBLY, as I think was the nature of your experience too. And these experiences never are related to others, but always myself. So I don't use any of these experiences to impose anything on others, as I couldn't.

Kreepney, I see you are warrior for justice. That is what I see in you, but, justice always is preceded by mercy and love.

I hope Admin continues dealing with this thread without being sored, but ministering, as we all should.

Welcome to my heart.

Jovalso

PostPosted:  

Greetings,

I am very new not only to this forum, but also to the Book of Urantia. I was raised Lutheran, been to Baptist services, and then to Catholicism. I believe in God. I am sensing something, however, in life and the world around me. I am not certain just what 'it' is, but it is real. I sense a 'oneness'...and a new way of thinking, not just for myself, but for society as a whole. My hopes are that my studies into the Book Of Urantia, and the relationship with those that study it also, may better enlighten me so that I can better speak of what I am feeling. I know I am not making very much sense, so please forgive me. Anyhow, I look forward to meeting new people and learning more about Creativity and Life.

Randy

PostPosted:  

Roholm wrote:

Quote:
I am sensing something, however, in life and the world around me. I am not certain just what 'it' is, but it is real. I sense a 'oneness'...and a new way of thinking, not just for myself, but for society as a whole

Hi, Roholm,

Welcome to our midst.

I don't want to sound a lot mystic than I am already, but I also sense the same thing, my friend. Before knowing the Urantia Book I had a very pessimistic view of our world but now, knowing how our planet is so lovely cared by our higher and wise supervisors, I, for the first time, started to believe in Humanity. It is possible that we have to go through some hard times yet (it seems the Urantia Book suggests that in some passages), but I know that we are on the way of become, certainly in a distant future, another planet stablished in light and life.

Sometimes I wonder who will be the next divine Son to come to visit us, the Melchizedek Machiventa, our very Lord -- Christ Michael--, or one of the Teacher Sons?

Whoever will be, will be: our planet is on a blessing processional. No doubt about that; and this make me to think positively.

Again, welcome!

Love,

Jovalso

PostPosted:  
Site Admin

Hello roholm,

Welcome, we're glad you found us and especially glad you've discovered The Urantia Book. You'll find that we here can certainly talk about TUB for a month of Sunday's -- hopefully you'll find some of the discussing of value. But remember, there is nothing that can substitute for actually reading the book. You can learn all kinds of things about the book and can have endless discussions about the book -- none of which will have the power to transform in the way that reading the book for yourself, by yourself, can do. It requires dedication and a time commitment, but the book was written for you specifically. You have to read and consider, pause for introspection, in order for the book to reveal itself to you. In an initial reading, you may want to read quickly, not being overly concerned to get all the meaning, just so that you get an overall understanding of the scope of its contents. Familiarization with the overall book opens up meaning during any subsequent reading.

Best wishes,
Larry

PostPosted:  

Aloha Randy and welcome to the forum and the Urantia Book...I do hope you have a book to read. What a wonderful experience it has been for me...May God bless you and yours...

PostPosted:  

Thank you all for the welcome. I do have a Book. I have atarted reading in Part IV. Again, thak you all for the welcome. I look forward to hearing more from others and hearing people's stories. :)

PostPosted:  

Greetings:

The teachings of the Urantia Book, the fifth epochal revelation to Mankind, are being spread out over this world in a very different way than past revelations. Past revelations, the latest being the life and teachings of Jesus, were, by the very nature of the civilizations of that day and age, momentous events. This revelation is different…

The teachings of the Fifth Epochal Revelation are being quietly, almost insidiously spread across the planet. This revelation is for the individual, it is for You. And, thus far in the short history of the FER, the changes have been underground, invisible to the social surveying of society. But underground and unconscious changes are a very powerful thing! It its exactly this sort of change which will, over time, SUDDENLY arise in an amazing, civilization changing way. What way? Who knows, but social change will come, eventually, as a result of enough individuals coming in contact with a clearer realization of who we are, what we are, why we are, and where we are going.

Part IV of the book is all about Jesus. Who he was, why he came to this darkened and sin cursed world, and where he is now. Plus, the incredible life he lived here. If you take anything away from this discussion, understand that Jesus taught that we are all, all of us, all mankind, past present and future, children of the same One God. The Brotherhood of Jesus extends far beyond the borders of any particular religion, indeed it extends far beyond the borders of this entire planet! But most importantly, this brotherhood includes you. And this brotherhood is best lived in a life of loving intelligent service to mankind.

Read the Urantia Book. Or, get the book with the audio DVD and listen to it in your car (you must have an MP-3 friendly car stereo in order to do this). Most, if not all of us here read the UB, page by page. And this is a great way to immerse yourself in its teachings! But another way is to allow yourself to be immersed while spending time commuting back and forth to work! I have not read a page of the book in about 2 years, but I have been thru the book twice since then. Just another suggestion in this busy busy world of ours…

Good luck and WELCOME

PostPosted:  

Nicely put Al...I have often wondered just how many of us readers there are? Only God knows...