Urantia Book Forum

Urantia Book Discussion Board : Study Group
It is currently Mon Sep 28, 2020 12:15 pm +0000

All times are UTC - 7 hours

Post subject: Re: Urantia University
PostPosted:  

come on now sister, if I said
Quote:
So you're admitting that you're forming a new religion then?
to you it might take you by surprise to hear something like that from me wouldn't you agree? I don't ask for much except a little slack is all and I felt like you were trying to prove some alternative motive by making suggestions such as above. I didn't mean any disrespect by it, and for misunderstanding you I'm sorry. I can chalk it up to being defensive and learn from it.

BTW you could have been like Hey dave you idea is lame and that's all I got to say about that and I would have chuckled and said fair enough not everyone likes the idea...

Profile Send private message  
PostPosted:  

Quote:
You people on this site are way, way too emotional. It makes me crazy.

Yeah, but we know that deep down inside...ya love us :P

Peace
Jo

No longer can man presume to monopolize the ministry of religious service. ...among the followers of Jesus woman has been forever set free from all religious discriminations based on gender. TUB pg 2065 (194:3.14)

PostPosted:  

brother_dave wrote:
This is a next step of the future of our children and our UB community!

In 100 years it's more than likely everyone on Urantia alive right now will be dead... We will all have long since been gone and this isn't for us... Not even me and I'm only 30, but it's for our children, and more accurately our children's, children...

Any thoughts, ideas, opinions?

I realize that some might even be opposed to this idea but if you could see the room of about 30 plus UB readers last night and discern the looks on their faces, or even the GLOW and RADIANCE of their SOULS shinning so bright, you would have certainly forsaken most projects of mercy or service you are currently involved with to offer assistance to this new venture!

My apologies Dave. When I read the above I didn't realize that when you asked for thoughts, ideas and opinions your were only asking for those thoughts, ideas and opinions which supported your venture. If I had known that, I would have kept my mouth shut about your new religion which is cleverly called a university instead of a church.

And yeah, deep down I do love all you guys, but you give me a serious headache. Going to chill for a while and get rid of it.

PostPosted:  

Hi Dave :P Just love your energy....oh to be 30 again....how's being a Dad...cool right! Congrats on the school....hope ya tell us how your studies go. Are you going for a degree program?....DR. Dave..maybe 8) :P :D

Community....wow I would love to see what your ideas..dreams would be on that subject :mrgreen: :biggrin:

Keep it up....stay excited for new ways of doing things......you are only 30....that is exactly what you are supposed to be doing!!! O:)

blessings to everyone

PostPosted:  

To me the UU represents just one of the fantastic and wonderful transmutations of the teaching of the FER which are rising up around us. Like the churches of Mr. Sarmast and Urantiavista, the teachings of this revelation are sure to spring up in a million and one different permutations until someday, long in the future, all people of all temperaments and personality types will have at last encountered it (currently the population appears dominated by the rugged individualistic type, but so it goes in the beginning of all things). I am much more excited by the idea of the UU than by the actual thing (being a bit of a rugged individualist myself).

I was amazed by Rick’s post showing the way the FER is quietly spreading around the world on the internet. Thank you so much Rick, for sharing that. And so it goes, growing quietly under the radar, until it reaches critical mass, then watch out world… You ain’t seen nothing yet.

Or so I predict. Will it happen in my lifetime? Don’t know, don’t really care. I’m doing what I feel is the right thing to do… that’s all I can do.

I fully support the UU ! Power to the people !!!

PostPosted:  

3/16/10

Google Web Alert for: urantia

Urantia book 4 129 2 the twenty eighth year - Free MP3 Download
Download urantia book 4 129 2 the twenty eighth year mp3s for free.

Urantia Book Audio CDs Rapidshare Downloads Freshwap.Net
Urantia Book Audio CDs Download via rapidshare megaupload hotfile, Urantia Book Audio CDs torrent download, Urantia Book Audio CDs free full with crack ...

urantia pharma discount coupon
1611 Language ent, piece lost but have dwelt open sent genius age urantia pharma discount coupon the heart. Fate ever waters her and flags, see, tive, ...

YouTube - Jésus d'Urantia / L'Histoire de Melchizédek P7 de 7
" LA LUTTE POUR LA VÉRITÉ EN CHINE " Pendant que les missionnaires de Salem parcouraient l'Asie en répandant la doctrine du Dieu Très Haut et du salut par ...

urantia.org: help translate
urantia.org help translate. want to join? register in seconds|. English. reddit is a source for what's new and popular online. vote on links that you like ...

JLA FORUMS - Did Adam Actually Exist?
uplifters to Urantia, settled slowly to the surface of the revolving planet in the vicinity of ... At the time Adam was chosen to come to Urantia, he was ...

Did Adam Actually Exist? - alt.religion.scientology | Google Groups
The Planetary Adam and Eve of Urantia were members of the senior corps of Material Sons on ... At the time Adam was chosen to come to Urantia, he was ...

deviantART: Comment on urantia's viper mark II by ~numerotreize
Art - community of artists and those devoted to art. Digital art, skin art, themes, wallpaper art, traditional art, photography, poetry / prose. Art prints.

Urantia » NN0NN - Super Slogan
If you Google Urantia on the Internet you will have more to read then you have time for. You can go to our foundation at http://www.urantia.org and to ...

urantia book audio cds Torrent Download - AliveTorrents
Download urantia book audio cds torrent, your favorite urantia book audio cds torrents at AliveTorrents, urantia book audio cds bittorrent download.

Gary Rawlings (GaryUrantia) on Twitter
[The Urantia Book, p. 556, par. 4] 5:06 PM Mar 11th via web; Thank you for the warm welcome David Ashworth and to all truth seekers that read the 5th ...

3/17/10

Google Web Alert for: urantia

Urantia - Hotfile Search & Free Download Hotfile
urantia - hotfile search, urantia hotfile links available for download. Working links for downloading urantia files hosted on hotfile.com.

Urantia book 4 157 6 the next afternoon - Free MP3 Download
Download urantia book 4 157 6 the next afternoon mp3s for free.

battlestarvfx.com • View forum - Battlestar Urantia FanFilm Project
Welcome to the "Battlestar Urantia" Fan Film Project Area! Kat. 0. 16. Sat Mar 06, 2010 7:53 am. Kat. No new posts, Ok, calling all volunteers! ...

urantia pharma discount coupon
Burns she with mmonly law novels;: urantia pharma discount coupon and boat respectively enthusiasm meter! And pp elling follow you here and captain for but ...

YouTube - Jésus d'urantia / L'Éternité du Paradis P1 de 4
L'Ile du Paradis-Le Paradis, sans autre qualification, est l'Absolu du contrôle matériel-gravitationnel de La Source-Centre Première.

Twitter / Andrew O'Donnell: Weirdly, "The Urantia Book ...
Weirdly, "The Urantia Book" is available on Apple's app store. Or perhaps only I find that weird.

editors of urantia foundation Books - The Urantia Book Workbooks ...
The Urantia Book Workbooks: Volume 5 - Theologyand other great books by renowned ... Best deals on editors of urantia foundation books from a wide range of ...

JLA FORUMS - Did Adam Actually Exist? Part 2.
seek to redeem the social culture of Urantia from the low levels to which it had fallen as a ... so exhaustively discussed the animal life of Urantia, ...

Philosophy :: Reader Store
Published by: Urantia Foundation; Publish Date: May 29, 2008; The Urantia Book by Urantia Foundation Staff. List Price: $ 8.95. Save 5.0%. You Pay: $ 8.50 ...

Last edited by rick warren on Wed Mar 17, 2010 5:27 am +0000, edited 2 times in total.

PostPosted:  

in attempting to keep up with some of the TB topics i realize how much mis-and diss-information often is reported, purported

i'm deciding whether or not
to sit back a spell and watch this continue to play out, come what may
or
to jump in and continue to try, at very least, to convey facts

experience has been that no matter what truth/fact is set forth, some folks will not, or will choose not, to understand

hmmmmmmmmm

best to let things simmer for a time ~ here and in my mind . . .

back atcha soon,
love,
s

PostPosted:  

susan wrote:
experience has been that no matter what truth/fact is set forth, some folks will not, or will choose not, to understand

Yeah, isn't that funny? I feel the same way you do. Maybe, just maybe, it's possible for people to have INDIVIDUAL and PERSONAL ideas about things, meanings and values. Maybe, just maybe, we're supposed to have DIFFERENT opinions. Ya think?

And maybe, just maybe, we can exercise our personal freedom, in an allegedly free country, to express those INDIVIDUAL, PERSONAL and DIFFERENT opinions?? Just sayin'

It's only when people attempt to silence one another, so that their INDIVIDUAL and PERSONAL opinions overrule all others, that we have real problems. I don't see any of that happening here. I only see mild hysteria when an idea is challenged with a DIFFERENT idea.

Personally, I take our Sovereign Michael's approach on all of this. Let free-will reign. Evil will play itself out and we will all learn something from it, regardless of the cost. I have absolute confidence that God's will shall eventually triumph. I can wait and I can abide my brother's INDIVIDUAL, PERSONAL and DIFFERENT ideas on the matter.

PostPosted:  

Gee, sorry if I irritated y'all...

PostPosted:  

alwilliams767 wrote:
Gee, sorry if I irritated y'all...

You didn't irritate me Al. Love to hear from you. Ideas are welcome here. It doesn't mean I accept them as my own though. I'm an INDIVIDUAL with my own PERSONAL and DIFFERENT ideas, which I happen to like a lot, even if it irritates every single person on this planet.

PostPosted:  

Sooooooooooooo ummm basically what I am trying to say is... HUH???

How about we stop trying to run intillectual laps around one another and let's break down the opinions in hopes of better understanding our brothers/sister? just sayin'

I feel a real nasty vibe in this post that was supposed to be something in my opinion was amazing... I came into this debate fully understanding that not everyone will like or agree with me but respect flew out the window and I found myself feeling like I was challenged and wanted to retaliate.

After praying on it, I want to start this post over if possible, and start off by saying that my opinion is simply my opinion and not what everyones opinion should or will be. I want to also say sincerely I'm sorry for offending anyone if I came off arrogant, or sounding as if my opinion was the only one that mattered because I understand that it's not.

With that being said I would like to say that I believe that a University is a great step towards proclaiming the Kingdom which is what we as faith children are supposed to do. I do not believe the people behind this are intending to form a church, or a new religion although I can see how to some it may appear that way. This university will assist many people in helping proclaim the Kingdom just like how the Apostles did in their times... Is it fair to say that we in this day and time can do a better job of proclaiming the Kingdom? I believe so, we have more tools, and a better understanding of the Kingdom than they did. It says in the UB how many of the Apostles weren't able to fully comprehend the masters teachings, but then again they didn't have TUB ether... We can study and study, and study some more and I belive that will better prepare us for spreading "The Good News"

That's my opinion, please tell me yours even if it's competely different than mine. I will not try to change your opinions, no matter what they are, and I promise to respect your opinions, in hopes of you respecting mine. Thank you

@sister fishin mom,

I loved your original post! in fact I would love to visit something as kick @ss as that! I love your dreams sister they are inspiring. Heck Yeah Dr. brother_dave is right!!! I want to go as high as thier education will allow, because I know only good can come from it, and it will help me be a better me if that makes sense? I see this as an opportunity to learn how to approach new readers easier, and to learn to more patiently go through lifes trials that my adjuster lays before me. Thank you sister you made me feel good : ) Oh being a Dad is a blessing... It's teaching me patience in at a rapid pace : )

@brother Al

Wow I didn't even know about UB churches or anything like that! that seems pretty awesome to me! I do think good can come from that, although if they claim to be soverghn or claim to be the one and only true church or something like that it could equally be damaging... But there I go assuming without knowing anything about them so I pray that they are on a divine path just as I pray we all are O:) O:) O:) Good to hear from you brother Al, How is your world?

love

brother dave

PostPosted:  

brother_dave wrote:
With that being said I would like to say that I believe that a University is a great step towards proclaiming the Kingdom which is what we as faith children are supposed to do. I do not believe the people behind this are intending to form a church, or a new religion although I can see how to some it may appear that way. This university will assist many people in helping proclaim the Kingdom just like how the Apostles did in their times... Is it fair to say that we in this day and time can do a better job of proclaiming the Kingdom? I believe so, we have more tools, and a better understanding of the Kingdom than they did. It says in the UB how many of the Apostles weren't able to fully comprehend the masters teachings, but then again they didn't have TUB ether... We can study and study, and study some more and I belive that will better prepare us for spreading "The Good News"

That's my opinion, please tell me yours even if it's competely different than mine. I will not try to change your opinions, no matter what they are, and I promise to respect your opinions, in hopes of you respecting mine. Thank you

Dave,

First of all, although I can't bless your endeavor, I can bless you and pray that you are indeed doing the Father's will. Abner didn't agree with James or Paul, James didn't agree with Paul or Abner, Paul gave up on James and maybe even on Peter, and essentially Peter didn't know what to do, sometimes he agreed with James, sometimes with Paul, but we don't know what he thought of Abner, who had the best understanding of the kingdom according to TUB. Here we are again, nothing's changed. Those who want to organize UB teachings (whether in a church or university, it doesn't matter) and those who don't want it organized. Let's not get into the reasons for each, because both sides have very valid reasons.

You say that you don't believe that the people behind the UU have intentions to form a church or religion. Maybe they don't, but intentions can be deceiving, meaning people only see what fits into their own world view at the time. Eve didn't have intentions of disrupting the entire divine plan, did she? No, she was motivated to help the world, but her intentions went off the ranch. Heck, even Judas was well-intentioned, according to his own limited understanding of things. That's why God doesn't interfere and lets these things play out. People have to learn that divine motivations often get corrupted by human intentions. It's the purpose of free-will, to learn the difference between truth and error, good and evil.

You ask, "Is it fair to say that we in this day and time can do a better job of proclaiming the Kingdom?"

No, people are no different today then they were two thousand years ago. In fact, TUB tells us that people are in somewhat worse shape because there are fewer and fewer who can handle self-acting Adjusters, which means there are fewer and fewer people who can reach the third psychic circle. That's not good. It means that people are getting spiritually "duller".

The best way to proclaim the kingdom is to live the religious life as outlined in TUB. Nowhere in TUB does it recommend that we organize a new set of apostles, priests and gurus who get their marching orders from a home base of doctrine being taught by a select few. That happened when Melchizedek was here and again when Jesus was here, and they are no longer here; only the Spirit of Truth is here to do that.

It also does not say that an institution should be responsible for ordaining these new apostles, priests and gurus. Neither does it give instructions on when to pass a student in a class or major and declare that he/she has learned TUB satisfactorily, which would mean that the student has learned to interpret the text according to the professor and/or institution, and that is not what Jesus taught, or how he taught. No person, or groups of persons, can say whether or not someone has learned the teachings in TUB satisfactorily because they are living truths which keep changing, growing and progressing within an individual life. Education is lifelong. Education is the actual business of living. (p806:5 71:7.5) The undergraduate diploma comes after death, advanced degrees are to follow.

You wrote this: "It says in the UB how many of the Apostles weren't able to fully comprehend the masters teachings, but then again they didn't have TUB ether... "

C'mon Dave. They didn't need TUB. THEY HAD JESUS IN PERSON. And they still didn't get it. Do you really think that TUB can take the place of Jesus? Nnaaawww. Can't be. Can't possibly be. I know if I had a chance to pick, I'd pick Jesus over TUB any day.

BEST THAT WE TRY OUR BEST EVERYDAY TO GET TO KNOW JESUS. And if you think the UU can help you do that, then go for it. Go for it all the way. More power to yah!

PostPosted:  

Thank you sister that was sincere...

:lol: OF course sister I would take Jesus in a hearbeat as well, but what I meant by that was that we can continuely go back to the text for referrence... Jesus' words could be misunderstood, forgoten, and over periods of time were, changed as well... but for sure to experience being in the master's presence even thinking about it makes me want to drop to the floor here in my office and praise him!!! I'm not worthy for that, it's just me dave, doing my best most of the time to present the love that the UB has taught me through the life of the master... I read the UB before I even attempted to read the bible and I thank God because if I had fell in love with the master in any other way first it might have been a struggle to get to know him through the UB... I just want to learn, and learn, and learn some more, and I want to make the most of these 70 years that I might have to prove my own faith to myself... I have a ton of faith, however I find it hard to live up to it myself, and there are even still moments of doubt that I hope to get rid of before I leave Urantia... Somtimes I think OMG how crushed would I be if the UB wasn't what it says it is??? just thinking about that my eyes start to water, but then I remember HEY it IS what it says it is and I remember that I have faith in that then I start to feel better : )

I wish I knew what the divine path is... I wish I could understand when I'm faced with a tough decision in life that this is what the Adjuster has worked so hard for me to face and I need to look at it and deal with it instead of just ignoring it or going in a different direction...

I have tons of passion, I love God with a whole heart, I love Jesus with a whole heart and then some, and I just want to do what's best... <-- not alway's what's right. I want to live my life as if I might die today and that means that I am going to run as fast and I can, with all of my strength and all of my might towards the direction I believe to be home... God... I want to experience all that he has for me and I pray that I make the right decision because if I'm running in the wrong direction I can miss my target by that much more and that scares me...

I love to love people and I know that's a good thing, I know it's right, and if I can be mindful to error on the side of mercy when in doubt I think even my mistakes will be taken with a grain of salt.

God bless you all
trust me when I say that I love you

brother dave

PostPosted:  

L.S.:

I suppose that a UB University will conform itself to the scientific method and that it will scientifically analyze TUB, e.g., regarding its inner consistency. That can’t be a bad thing! Furthermore, I can imagine that the validity of almost any modern concept can then be scrutinized by comparing it to the revealed knowledge in TUB. And the more (peer reviewed) true evaluations of reality are produced by a UU, the more the truth in TUB will be generally accepted.. But I must admit that this is pure idealism.. :)

Greetings, Bart

PostPosted:  

Glad to see you back, Dave. This living thing is all about education. Maybe the reason some are skeptical about a school is that academic knowledge alone can be very limiting for the development of the whole person. But, when combined with the living out of what we have been taught, corrections and augmentations are made to the individual. If nothing else, the UB stresses the importance, the bottom line reason for being here...experience. The reason the UB was given to us was so that we would not continue fumbling around in the dark.

Education=experience=education=experience....there is no way to separate the two.

I can't imagine you, of all people, closing yourself off to the world of the living, so I seriously doubt that you will be lacking in any experiences. :wink:
Go forward and explore...the world is just waiting for young people like you to dive in and experience it all to your limit.

Peace
Jo

No longer can man presume to monopolize the ministry of religious service. ...among the followers of Jesus woman has been forever set free from all religious discriminations based on gender. TUB pg 2065 (194:3.14)