Urantia Book Forum

Urantia Book Discussion Board : Study Group
It is currently Mon Sep 28, 2020 12:31 pm +0000

All times are UTC - 7 hours

Post subject: Urantia University
PostPosted:  

OK can I first tell you all that I attended the most inspiring, and joyous meeting of my life yesterday here in Whittier CA at the Whittier Art Museum where UBLA (Urantia book readers of Los Angeles) had our quarterly meeting and the special guest speaker was Tim Hobbs. His subject was on Urantia University, and can I tell you this hit me HARD in the gut, and something inside of me screamed THANK YOU JESUS!!!!!!!!!! It is the most amazing thing IMHO <-- sometimes not so humble but non the less It gave me direction... I have been often times been called Peter by my UB brothers and Sisters who know me or meet with me every Thursday because of my passion and also my unthinking remarks which both I equally recognize, but it's in large part because I have always had to need to "KEEP IT PUSHING" and felt like the movement was spinning it's tires until NOW.

I am proud to say that I have registered at http://www.urantiauniversity.org and I will be taking my first class which is an introduction to TUB starting April 14th online. You should have heard the inspiration these folks and founders have, and the passion they all share with their own individual ideas about how it should be ran, and all sorts of other ideas. However all of them seem to share a vision of Uranita having an actual school with walls and everything to attend in the near future. If you ever wanted to something of service to offer to our wonderful group of spirit led believers I cannot think of anything else currently of more value save one on one ministering of course.

This is a next step of the future of our children and our UB community!

In 100 years it's more than likely everyone on Urantia alive right now will be dead... We will all have long since been gone and this isn't for us... Not even me and I'm only 30, but it's for our children, and more accurately our children's, children...

Any thoughts, ideas, opinions?

I realize that some might even be opposed to this idea but if you could see the room of about 30 plus UB readers last night and discern the looks on their faces, or even the GLOW and RADIANCE of their SOULS shinning so bright, you would have certainly forsaken most projects of mercy or service you are currently involved with to offer assistance to this new venture!

Ether way half way through the presentation which is par for course for me and very "Peter" of me I shouted "I can't take it any longer I WANT TO BE INVOLVED AND I WANT TO OFFER EVERYTHING I AM AND HAVE TO THIS SERVICE... And of course from some of my lovely UB study group brothers/sisters who see me every week chuckled and said quiet down Peter! LOL Oh how I love them, and they me... Plus I am totally PETER and that's ok because I love him too!!!

God Bless my truthbook family

love
brother dave

Profile Send private message  
 Post subject: Re: Urantia University
PostPosted:  
Site Admin

Hi Brother Dave,

Glad to hear about the UU presentation in Whittier and that Tim Hobbs spoke -- he's a great guy and there are a number of other fine people involved with this project -- and how impressed you were with the concept. It's my belief that we should each give serious thought to how and why we wish to promote the book and its teachings... what's our aspiration? Might ego be a factor, the desire for preference or for recognition? Whatever the motivation, and even if there might be ego influence, I believe when once one feels compelled to reach out in whatever manner they're drawn that the impulse should be acted upon. So my good thoughts go to those who choose to become involved with this ambitious venture.

For me the decision has been is this revelation personal or might it be intended for groups, like in an academic setting; I've found it to be personal, others see it differently. As a personal revelation then, I don't believe the teachings of TUB conform to academic promotion -- I believe that accentuates an overly intellectual approach to material that can easily be overly intellectualized. I certainly can be wrong and we could find this project becoming highly popular, which could be a good thing indeed, but I'm not drawn to the concept. The test will be, will it draw students who currently have no interest in TUB?

A lot of good work has already gone into this project -- development of a curriculum, a nice website presence at http://urantiauniversity.org/home.html, beginning to flesh out the administration and the courses. It's my opinion though that equally good if not better results can come solely from individual efforts at outreach -- the UB Club at universities reaching inquisitive young minds for example, or from incorporating UB concepts into popular art, books, articles.

That being said, my musings aren't intended to dampen anyone's enthusiasm for this project but to explain why there are readers who might not feel compelled to participate.

Larry

PostPosted:  

Thanks for speaking up Larry. My sentiments run similar to yours. There is danger in developing a university upon a single text, in that it may grow to believe that it is the sole interpreter of that text. Spiritual and academic elitism is always a threat.

Christianity is built upon the Bible, especially Paul's epistles. The Jewish religion is built upon the Torah, Islam upon the Qur'an, Hinduism upon the Rig-veda. Urantia University will be built upon the Urantia Book. What's the difference?

PostPosted:  

Brother Dave,
Your enthusiasm is contagious. It reminds me of when the Spirit of Truth was perceived by the Apostles, and they immediately went out and preached the Gospel and also the fact of the risen Jesus. But just as the other religious groups have their seminaries (universities) they also have their churches and evangelists. The universities are for the learning of the text of the doctrines, in our case TUB, but the churches and evangelists are for the dissemination of the doctrine. The joyous gatherings of enraptured believers is missed by me and I know others in TUB crowd. Its called emotionalism by outsiders, but I can relate to what you described in your meeting. Other threads have been posted about a Urantia church. They have also been met with scepticism. Thats the nature of our beast. But TUB mentions that (no quotes here) what will be needed in the future is someone with the fire and the juice to go out and preach this new gospel of the Fatherhood of God and the Brotherhood of Man. 1Bob.

PostPosted:  

Actually, TUB says that what we need is a real musician (yes quotes here).

Quote:
44.1.8 While you have assembled some beautiful melodies on Urantia, you have not progressed musically nearly so far as many of your neighboring planets in Satania. If Adam and Eve had only survived, then would you have had music in reality; but the gift of harmony, so large in their natures, has been so diluted by strains of unmusical tendencies that only once in a thousand mortal lives is there any great appreciation of harmonics. But be not discouraged; some day a real musician may appear on Urantia, and whole peoples will be enthralled by the magnificent strains of his melodies. One such human being could forever change the course of a whole nation, even the entire civilized world. It is literally true, “melody has power a whole world to transform.” Forever, music will remain the universal language of men, angels, and spirits. harmony is the speech of Havona.

PostPosted:  

It says we MAY Bonita that is not to say that we NEED a real Musician... That's one way of course and by attending a UU we would not abondend our personal ministries, nor stay focused on one text, but rather show the UB's diversity through embracing all religions, and teaching our current UB readers how to produce better fruit, and then send them back out into their respective communities... Kind of like Dalmatia. The UB is not meant to be a good read for us until some future age where they will recieve a musician, or some other sort of prophesized human to come down before we take any action... In fact it says in the UB that we should stop praising the prophets of old and become prophets ourselves...

To me a UU would mean organization, and a place to learn how to be the best we can be! Study groups are very important, personal ministry is very important, but these can only take you so far... We need something more, something that will last for generations, and to realize that the time is now were our community now has what it takes to see a project like this through. We have the talent, the people, and the will to make this happen... Ego is furthest from anyone's mind as you would easily be able to tell if you were to meet with these readers.

Bonita you asked earlier what the difference would be from us and other religions? my answer is FRUIT. Our fruit is what the difference will be...

PostPosted:  

Stay true to your journey, Dave. There will always be a naysayer (as we get older we tend to become more cautious) but you don't seem like the type that follows the crowd of popularity.

Follow your heart....life itself will teach you when to slow down and when to speed up.

Peace
Jo

Like Bob1 said....Your enthusiasm is contagious. :wink:

No longer can man presume to monopolize the ministry of religious service. ...among the followers of Jesus woman has been forever set free from all religious discriminations based on gender. TUB pg 2065 (194:3.14)

PostPosted:  

brother_dave wrote:
Bonita you asked earlier what the difference would be from us and other religions? my answer is FRUIT. Our fruit is what the difference will be...

So you're admitting that you're forming a new religion then?

PostPosted:  

Hi Dave,

I have always admired your enthusiasm. You have a natural optimism about you. You are always cheerful and ready to help anyone that needs it. I don't want to rain on your parade. I would just like to point out a few things.

The thought adjusters that dwell in our minds care not if we are Urantia book readers or not. They care not if we read the Bible, Koran, Bhagavad Gita, Torah, etc. I am not demeaning those holy books, but what I am saying is that we are not separate. There are individuals that have never heard of the Urantia book yet they are being transformed by their adjusters. They may live their whole lives being unaware of their adjuster yet they transform to become the Father just the same.

You see, we are no better than anyone else. We may be at a higher level in a spiritual sense. But the Father loves those that are immature as He loves those that are immature. We are equals in His sight. When I go to work and mingle with my work mates I am no better than them. I may know more than they do about how everything works, but I am loved equally by the Father. The only difference is that I can use my knowledge to help my work mates to discover the Father. Now, I could help them discover the Father by telling them what I know. I have shared some of those things with the people I work with. But I do far better if I let my demeanor reflect the personality of the Father. I am far from perfect, but I know that these persons deserve to have the same dignity and respect that I need to have.

I don't want them to become like me. I want them to be themselves. If I am a unique creation of the Father then they are a unique creation of the Father. Uniformity begets separation. Diversity begets unity. In other words, if we are allowed to express our unique personalities, we will flourish. When we break off by ourselves there is a tendency to set up an "us" against "them" mentality. We begin to think that our fruits are somehow better than our brethren. But in reality our less informed brethren have just as much to contribute as we do. They are just doing it in another way.

I think that the greatest way to help those that we pass by in our daily lives is to inform them of the thought adjusters. They may find the concept strange at first, but you can be sure that their Father fragments will take over from there. Their adjusters know just what they need to move ahead, to progress spiritually. We are at a loss because we do not know what that person has experienced in their lives. Only the thought adjusters have that intimate knowledge.

So, it is simply our job to love them. By giving people a warm smile, a reassuring hug, words of comfort, we can show them that they are special and deeply loved. We are constrained by time. We cannot see, because of the constraints of time, that the person behaving in a consistently nasty manner will one day progress to overcome these behaviors. It could be that they had a very rough upbringing. Maybe their genetic hand was not very favorable. And of course, living on a world where rebellion holds sway has robbed us of the normal course of evolution.

Religion has been able to dispense truth. There are certainly very key truths in the various religions that we can benefit from if we practice these things in our lives. But the very practice of writing down truths makes them formulaic. It sometimes robs the adherents of these religions to express their own truths in their own way. The leaders of these various religions determines what is acceptable and unacceptable. But these religious leaders are no better or any more advanced than their brethren. There is no more able an arbiter of truth than the fragment of the Father that dwells in our minds. So, rather than restricting truth to certain revelations and certain religions we become living truth as we become more like the Father. Truth is not words, but a life lived in reflection of the particular thought adjuster that dwells in each of our minds.

I did not present this as criticism Dave. Just as food for thought. I hope that you discern the spirit in which it was presented. I send my love and support.

Paul

PostPosted:  

The universities of the future will be online, people will home school up to their doctorate, with experiential excursions, of course. You ready for 4D in your livingroom/study?!

But the intellectualization and pedagogical catorization of this multi-faceted revelation has already begun, it just hasn't ever found a way of organizing that lasts. It's early in the unfolding.

The UU is a project that died on the vine, and has now been restarted, no? Will Sherwood was asking on another U-list last year if anyone wanted to pick up again, as I recall... Godluck, at worst it will join the pile of failed UB based scholastic colleges. At best, it will shed light and love on endarkened, injured Urantia.

PostPosted:  

brother Paul! :biggrin: :biggrin: :biggrin:

God bless you brother that was lovely O:) I feel the same way and even though I know those truths that you have shared with me it still feels good to read those and hear them from others... like I said God Bless you brother that made my day better.

I just feel so strongly pulled towards doing all that I can to help with this venture that it's like I have to! Don't get me wrong though brother I know fruits are just as sweet, and just as ripe in many religions, however the Forward says it all about these times... Even at the risk of losing credibility the time to reveal these truths is now...

I feel strongly about respecting all view points but comming into this with love in my mind, the master in my heart, and truth in my spirit, how can I go wrong? After all it all goes to the supreme any way... Anything of value that is ;)

I originally wrote this post in hopes of letting all my brother/sisters here know of my intentions, and maybe someone might want to do the same but I can see it doesn't resonate with as many people here as it did with me or at the UBLA meeting... But for those concerned that we might retard the advancement of the Kingdom by doing this I refer you to the end of paper 110... After reading this please understand that I am trying to humbly, and patiently walk beside my father, as he lays out the plans before me.

God bless

PostPosted:  

thank you brother Rick you summed it up quiet nicely :D

PostPosted:  

OMG say it ain't so! Bonita is that you sister Iris? YOU KNOW ME!!!! why would you pick a fight with me when you know my nature? I was doing my best not to respond so that we start off on the right foot and get to know each other but I already love/respect you and you say things like this to me?

that hurts sister... It's not like I'm some random dude preaching a new and better way or something radical like that it's me... I have admitted my faults to you in the past and you have given me some of the best advise that I have ever had many different times, and it hurt to hear you speak to me like that because I never would have expected that... I guess that's my problem though because I should eliminate expectation on others... it's just that I held you in such a higher standing then most...

My mother told me a story yesterday though and it reminded me that ALL behavior is motivated, and so I won't take it personally because I do not know the battles you face on a daily basis.

Please though cut me some slack.

I love you sister

your little bro dave

PostPosted:  

What the heck are you talking about Dave? I didn't pick a fight with you. You are obviously reading something into my post. Relax for God's sake. You're getting hysterical over nothing.

What is it to you if I don't support the university? Are you saying that you can only be friends with people who agree with you. Come on now. I thought better of you. Do whatever you want. My opinion means nothing if it is what God wants.

You people on this site are way, way too emotional. It makes me crazy.

PostPosted:  

Hi Dave,

You can only go where the spirit is directing you to go. If that is the direction that you feel inspired to go, then so be it. Never forget my friend that the notion of separateness is an illusion. We are part of the highest consciousness in all the universe. If I am one with the Father, you are one with the Father. If your Father loves all persons, we love all persons. We love all persons because we are one with them. We love all persons equally because the Father loves all persons equally.

You will lead the way, not through eloquent words or fancy oratory. You will lead the way by the path of love that you lay down for all to follow, just as the Father has lain down a path of love for us to follow. You will lead the way home because the Father has shown you the way home.

Paul