Urantia Book Forum

Urantia Book Discussion Board : Study Group
It is currently Thu Aug 06, 2020 6:33 pm +0000

All times are UTC - 7 hours

PostPosted:  

I am so thankful and happy I found the Urantia Book or the Urantia Book found me.

I've been reading Papers 100 and 101 the last couple of days. Wow.

Are you happy to know the UB too?

In His Service,
Russ

Profile Send private message  
PostPosted:  

Hi, Russ , yes , I'm very happy that I came across the book , when I did . The strange thing about it , is that when I bought it , it was just on a whim , I was passing by this book store, and there in the window was this blue book , just sitting there minding it's own business , with a strange title on it , I went in to investigate , I immediately arrested the book with a $20.00 bill and took it in custody to my place, strange thing is , that after looking thru it and checking it out, I did not start reading it seriously until more than a year later . the rest is history to me , now I'm the one under custody , I guess , I'm somewhat addicted to it now , I can't leave it down for very long , I just keep rereading it all the time and evrytime , I learn something new , or something I had not noticed before . Now , if I could only lear n how to write properly , I might be able to leave them commas alone . You ask if I'm happy, right now, it's about the only thing keeping me going , along with the good folks on this discussion board . :D :wink: :razz:

PostPosted:  

You are reading a couple of very exciting papers, Russ!

Yes, I am happy to know the UB. I wish I knew it better, but I am content to deepen and grow into its wonderous teachings one day at a time. I've been at it for 42 years. Some days it feels like I've forgotten more than most folks have learned. But other days it feels like I have barely scratched the surface. And so, yes, I am very happy to know the UB, and to read it "religiously", and to relish it thoroughly. It is the foundation of my beliefs, which have helped me develop a religious life that has strengthened my faith and given me a code to live by. It is the launching pad for all my spiritual explorations, and the landing field for when I return from my ventures in cosmic consciousness to seek the substance of true revelation.

I'm not real happy about chasing the changes in pagination, but .. we do have new tools of technology to help me find what I'm looking for, on top of the old-fashioned way of finding it where I left it.

PostPosted:  

Yes Yes yes ...i too love that part of the book, Religion in Human Experience..So right on with how our internal desires of true religion has always been but so seldom or never expressed here on our little planet.

I love the opening statements to Paper 100:

Quote:
THE EXPERIENCE OF dynamic religious living transforms the mediocre individual into a personality of idealistic power. Religion ministers to the progress of all through fostering the progress of each individual, and the progress of each is augmented through the achievement of all.

100:0.2 Spiritual growth is mutually stimulated by intimate association with other religionists. Love supplies the soil for religious growth—an objective lure in the place of subjective gratification—yet it yields the supreme subjective satisfaction. And religion ennobles the commonplace drudgery of daily living.

That whole section of the book i think should be a Must Read for all newbies and a great door to opening minds to the truth we have always had in side but were not able to let out because we could not find any one or any other source to verify it.

Saying that even the lowly of us humans can achieve a powerful drive for purposeful living and see through the many road blocks in our time by just being of service and willing to know others of many different backgrounds and Faiths, some thing in side of us is stimulated so much so that it feeds us to continue to grow in that purposeful life.

Stay True to The Journey

PostPosted:  

:D :biggrin: Very happy. Funny thing..when I was looking for something more...and asked someone where to look...they gave me this site....not what I expected at all...thought they were going to give me a twist on the same old thing...so glad they sent me here. My life has been much improved. My outlook is enhanced and my excitement for the adventure has been lifted to a whole new level. Love the "stuff of life" it contains that I can refer to when I need a push in the right direction.

Blessings and happy day to all

PostPosted:  

Hey Russ.....I am reading 100 - 104 too:) 35years now and like Gerdean said...feels like I've barely scratched the surface...my mind is always open to the leading of the spirit and a daily walk with Jesus and thanks be to God for all my blessings...I was sooooo hungry for truth and more and there it was...quietly sitting on a coffee table along side the couch I was to sleep on...I opened it in the quiet of the night and started shaking...I knew I was home.

What I have for years said to myself...wonder what the Urantia book has to say about this...now with search engine it is so easy...never has ceased to enlighten...those Ah-ha moment we all know and love...

God bless....................................

I am so thankful for this site and all of you...my community so I know I am not isolated...

PostPosted:  

Tootsie,
It is true ,that if it was not for this site ,where we may spend some time reading what others are saying as I mostly do,we would be isolated from others who are also experiencing this fantastic revelation.
I am deeply appreciative of my adjuster and all unseen others who encouraged me onward to enlighten me .How amazing it is to be counted in the first century of TUB's expansion.I would have normally thought that TUB would have been around for centuries before I would have considered appeoaching it because of my traditional religious background.Things that the adjusters can do that we cannot.

PostPosted:  

Hi Earl...good to see you post. Just curious...do you have other readers in your area that you keep in touch with or meet in the grocery store...

PostPosted:  

Hi Tootsie,
There are some readers in this regional area and I have met with three that are 30 and 40 minutes away .Occasional meetings have not yet come together locally.In this immediate area I do not know who is reading TUB other than myself.Good days are sure to come for patience is spiritual.

PostPosted:  

Hi folks, I have been reading the book since the year 2000.
I recently purchased 3 Urantia Books in paperback from Amazon.com

I will keep the books until somebody asks me about truth. Then I will give it to that person. My christian friends tell me the book is from the devil.

Which I know better, but will not argue with them. I have one friend who is reading the Tora and says that is the way to go. I might tell him the Nathaniel and Jesus story. That might wake him up about the truth.

Anyway I just thought I would share this story. The new books I bought thru a gift card my boss gave me for Christmas was a blessing for me.

Now I have 3 brand new Urantia Books that look awesome with new covers that need a owner. God bless you all.

PostPosted:  

Good to see yo BassMan, Yes I think most of us have had some one make that claim at one time or another, seem to be their way of dealing with any thing that is not their way of thinking.

Just Stay True To your Journey

PostPosted:  

Hi Earl...I find it totally amazing that more people don't know about the UB...it is without a doubt the most wonderful enlightening thing that ever happened to me...I know a handful of folks on this island but we don't see each other too often...mainly around Aug. 21st :wink: Have read something from the book everyday since 1975. I keep in touch with other readers through this site...I am not alone anymore...

Hey Bassman...good to see you hear and your new books...I did that once and carried them in the trunk of my car...it was amazing just how fast they found homes...One time I was having a cocktail at our local clubhouse and chatting with this girl that was visiting our island...she asked if I knew of a good book to read while at the beach... :wink: we went to the trunk and she bought a book and came to my house to talk about it and was totally freaking out she was so excited...I never saw her again but hope she enjoys the memory as much as I do...

Welcome...and God bless...

PostPosted:  

i m very happy to found and reading this book.I read some new things in this book.
I learn something new , or something I had not noticed before . Now , if I could only lear n how to write properly , I might be able to leave them commas alone . You ask if I'm happy, right now, it's about the only thing keeping me going , along with the good folks on this discussion board .

PostPosted:  

Nice to have you here, Sherya. Welcome to the TruthBook branch of the Urantia family tree.

PostPosted:  

Hi Tootsie,
I have a friend who lives on one of the islands there .Years ago I gave the UB to this person but later I found out it was left behind in the states.You have had a lot more time reading than me.I think I began reading TUB about 1996.TUB is the most influential ,life changing masterpiece ever .Before finishing the first time reading TUB I was hooked for life.
I stop here frequently and read but occasionally post as you can see in the side bar.
Hi Sherya,
There are many wonderful intelligent people here .Enjoy.