Urantia Book Forum

Urantia Book Discussion Board : Study Group
It is currently Mon Oct 25, 2021 4:30 am +0000

All times are UTC - 7 hours

Post subject: who created technology?
PostPosted:  

Who created technology? Was it God, or the evolutionary creatures of time and space? This is what i mean, when God created the universe, and the various order's of celestial beings did they have technology at that point in time to organize themselves or was it all purely on a spiritual level. I know the isle of paradise is the physical location of god, but did it have creatures of mortal origin on it that evolved to create the technologies used in the universe today. I am talking about the architectural worlds made to order, and even the resurrection chambers and many more. These all must be very advanced pieces of technology used to organize the universe.

But who created them? It could be that the first creator son who created the earliest galaxy had a species evolve and eventually create these technologies that were eventually shipped out to other parts of the universe and used to help facilitate the organization of the material universe.

what do you guys think?

Profile Send private message  
PostPosted:  

i am always of the opinion there never was a separation between science/technology and spiritual reality; the real ultimate reality is spiritual reality while science/technology is only part and parcel of these spiritual reality which caters for the domain of physical material aspects of universe reality.

only last nigth i read about the power directors, controllers,transformers, directioners etc.. they call them beings, but their character and attitude seems more like humanoid or robot beings./machines.
it might be as well clue to want our civilization is heading for.

i am led to think that spirits has the ability to create science/technology and not the other way. some who had similar spiritual experience related that everything material are infact the negative photo copy of the more glorious heavenly originals.

most inventions and discoveries in the world today had spiritually obtained insight to their beginning. we call it inpsired, brilliant ideas and so on. there is a material written about it, i forgot the name of the book.

there today a man in the US who had more then 100 inventions to his credits. his secret? he obatined it while having a near death experience and wnet to heaven. there he questioned 'god' and was told many new scienctific facts.he returned with the promise that many of this knowledge would be erase from his memory; reasons- not time yet. human is not ready. but remnants remained and he went on to invent -- the field of communication and others. it was written that he is now a very rich man.

will try to refer back for his name though.

PostPosted:  

PostPosted:  

Happily, on this world, technology is the product of human imagination and intellectual progress. The authors are fairly specific when they tell us that we are allowed to make most, if not all our advances on our own. Makes it more fun, eh? :idea:

PostPosted:  

Quote:
Who created technology? Was it God, or the evolutionary creatures of time and space?

I rather believe that technologies were discovered rather than created by man. There is "nothing new under the sun" so as to reflect the ultimate truth that whatever is here below (the shadow) is already existing above in spirit. Technology is not created, it is brought into our realm through discovery.

PostPosted:  

kreneep... actually Al Gore and I invented technology.

(note to admin: The above is not a political statement. It's a fib.) 8)

One of the more profound statements in the UB says something like, "God is not concerned with the science but cares deeply about the scientist." So I then must say your concept is certainly not new I agree with your thought provoking position.

So what is the purpose of time-space limited technology?

PostPosted:  

Quote:
kreneep... actually Al Gore and I invented technology.

(note to admin: The above is not a political statement. It's a fib.)

:mrgreen:

No longer can man presume to monopolize the ministry of religious service. ...among the followers of Jesus woman has been forever set free from all religious discriminations based on gender. TUB pg 2065 (194:3.14)

PostPosted:  

Kreneep has it right imo,

God is so good and great, He permits us to believe we come up with our worthy ideas and ideals. But in fact there is nothing good in the Universe that God did not first conceive.

Somewhere in the book it states that if the Adjusters suddenly left Urantia we would gradually drift down into animalness, become lords of the flies probably. It's the Adjusters who allow and foster creativity, invention and ingenuity, aided by the Spirit of Truth and our angels, no?

Thanks Father, you're the greatest One~

PostPosted:  

I have to disagree with that last statement, Although i agree Without souls &spirit we would be Animals as you suggest "lords of the flies"

And here is why I dis-agree, In the U.B. it says the Adjuster does not enter the person until they begin to make moral choices, ...choosing higher levels of action/thinking before the Adjuster is even there, ...it is because we are more than animals and have chosen to move forward that the Adjuster does become a part of our lives.

And as to the original topic, I too agree with Kreneep that we are discovering, not creating in and of our own Machinations.

We are a force put into motion by God to fulfill a destiny, if we choose it... thus serving a grand and beyond our minds, a wondrous purpose.

I love Douglas Adams Idea of Humans being a part of some computer mechanism that is searching for the Secret to the Universe and every thing.
Hopefully we will not become a Galactic Parking lot before the whole of us figures it out...lol :)

PostPosted:  

You could be right JB,

But let's consider the pre-Adjustered little ones. Let's say they are on an imaginary planet where Adjusters don't indwell humans at five, or at all. Would they be able to conceive of the wheel, the balloon, the microchip, with no Adjusters in themselves or others? Would they be able to use the higher two adjutants to good effect?

I'm speculating that such a group of unAdjustered adults would sink into an animal hierarchy of social arrangement that looks like what you'd expect superior primates to create, what the Yanumani in S. America are doing now, and those boys in Golding's story establishing a pecking order. But am admiting here it's speculation.

Anyone know where that quote is about Adjusters absenting Urantia? Would like to read it again in context.

Lotsa love, Rick

PostPosted:  

Just for the record, technology is simply applied science. Therefore, man in the initiator.

Bro Dave :mrgreen:

IMperfection... the REAL Gift.

PostPosted:  

That's an answer BroDave,

But it doesn't match the question posed "Who created technology?". And how can we be absolutely certain man is the initiator? He most certainly is quick to claim to be.

There's this interesting statement from the Midwayers that points to fact that without divinity--nothing. Sin qua Dios non? Is that the proper Latin?

...Any scientific interpretation of the material universe is valueless unless it provides due recognition for the scientist. No appreciation of art is genuine unless it accords recognition to the artist. No evaluation of morals is worth while unless it includes the moralist. No recognition of philosophy is edifying if it ignores the philosopher, and religion cannot exist without the real experience of the religionist who, in and through this very experience, is seeking to find God and to know him. Likewise is the universe of universes without significance apart from the I AM, the infinite God who made it and unceasingly manages it.... P.2080 - §3

Lotsa love, Rick

PostPosted:  

This quote should help in explaining how mortal genius is able to apply itself:

Quote:
44:8.1 Although celestial artisans do not personally work on material planets, such as Urantia, they do come, from time to time, from the headquarters of the system to proffer help to the naturally gifted individuals of the mortal races. When thus assigned, these artisans temporarily work under the supervision of the planetary angels of progress. The seraphic hosts co-operate with these artisans in attempting to assist those mortal artists who possess inherent endowments, and who also possess Adjusters of special and previous experience.

44:8.2 There are three possible sources of special human ability: At the bottom always there exists the natural or inherent aptitude. Special ability is never an arbitrary gift of the Gods; there is always an ancestral foundation for every outstanding talent. In addition to this natural ability, or rather supplemental thereto, there may be contributed the leadings of the Thought Adjuster in those individuals whose indwelling Adjusters may have had actual and bona fide experiences along such lines on other worlds and in other mortal creatures. In those cases where both the human mind and the indwelling Adjuster are unusually skillful, the spirit artisans may be delegated to act as harmonizers of these talents and otherwise to assist and inspire these mortals to seek for ever-perfecting ideals and to attempt their enhanced portrayal for the edification of the realm.

First there is natural ability, then there must be a Thought Adjuster with similar experience, and finally this genius is used to better humanity by the assistance of spirit artisans. It looks as though humans cannot take sole credit for creativity. All creative genius has its ultimate source in the Creator.

PostPosted:  

rick warren wrote:
Anyone know where that quote is about Adjusters absenting Urantia? Would like to read it again in context.

Lotsa love, Rick

Quote:
109:4.4 The indwelling Adjusters have in no small measure co-operated with other spiritual influences in transforming and humanizing the descendants of the primitive men of olden ages. If the Adjusters indwelling the minds of the inhabitants of Urantia were to be withdrawn, the world would slowly return to many of the scenes and practices of the men of primitive times; the divine Monitors are one of the real potentials of advancing civilization.

PostPosted:  

THANK you!

And then this one crossed my path today:

In aggregations parts are added; in systems parts are arranged. Systems are significant because of organization--positional values. In a good system all factors are in cosmic position. In a bad system something is either missing or displaced--deranged. In the human system it is the personality which unifies all activities and in turn imparts the qualities of identity and creativity.... P.1227 - §9

Wattyatink JB?