Urantia Book Forum

Urantia Book Discussion Board : Study Group
It is currently Tue Feb 25, 2020 9:45 pm +0000

All times are UTC - 7 hours

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 118 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6 ... 8  Next
 Post subject:
PostPosted:  
Site Admin

Thanks for pointing the "social" error out. It's okay in our on-line version of the text so the error must be in the paragraphs used by the search engine.

And yes, there are a lot of readers who swear by the page number and paragraph but it has restricted any options at changing the formatting of the book and for formatting translations. Time marches on.

Larry

Profile Send private message  
 Post subject:
PostPosted:  

After reading my Foundation-issued Book for 40 years, I am rather used to it being this way (inevitabilities on page 51, Rodan at 1776, etc). It will be as inconvenient to do it by "chapter and verse" as it is currently inconvenient to juggle the two different sets of page numbers. Having to explain why they are different always detracts from the matters at hand. But I must recognize that the older I get, the more I appreciate "the way things used to be." I guess when the mores and technology and language usage and everything else is changing as often as every generation, that's the price we pay for progress.

Of course, it is good to hear of the Foundation and the Fellowship come to this meeting of the minds for future generations. Children from a broken home always appreciate it when their parents are able to work together amicably for the future welfare of their children and of their children's children.

Post subject:
PostPosted:  

A little teensy, weensy typo:

115:1.2 Conceptual frames of the universe are only relatively true; they are serviceable scaffolding which must eventually give way before the expansions of enlarging cosmic comprehension. The understandings of truth, beauty, and goodness, morality, ethics, duty, love, divinity, origin, existence, purpose, destiny, time, space, even Deity, are only relatively true. God is much, much more than a Father, but the Father is man's highest concept of God; nonetheless, the Father-Son portrayal of Creator-creature relationship will be augmented by those supermortal conceptions of Deity which will be attained in Orvonton, in Havona, and on Paradise. Man must think in a mortal universe frame, but that does not mean that he cannot envision other and higher frames within whi ch thought can take place.

Post subject:
PostPosted:  
Site Admin

We don't even like teensy weensy ones, so thanks. It's fixed now.
Larry

Post subject:
PostPosted:  

Hi Larry,

I found another error here:

55:3.13
2. The progeny of the semimortal staff of the Planetary Prince who were procreated on certain worlds for this and tther similar responsibilities.

Other is spelled as tther.

Paul

Post subject:
PostPosted:  
Site Admin

Hi -- thanks... somebody else must have beat me to it. It's fixed.

PostPosted:  

Hi Larry,

Another tiny error noted:

6:1.5 The Eternal Son is known by different names in various universes. In the central universe he is known as the Co-ordinate Source, the Cocreator, and the Associate Absolute. On Uversa, the headquarters of the superuniverse, we designate the Son as the Co-ordinate Spirit Center and as the Eternal Spirit Administrator. On Salvington, the headquarters of your local universe, this Son is of record as the Second Eternal Source and Center. The Melchizedek speak of him as the Son of Sons. On your world, but not in your system of inhabited spheres, this Original Son has been confused with a co-ordinate Creator Son, Michael of Nebadon, who bestowed himself upon the mortal races of Urantia.

The original text has "Melchizedeks" . . . plural

PostPosted:  
Site Admin

Yes, good "I" Iris. That's an error we inserted when we added the Melchizedek link -- thanks. It's been fixed now.
Larry

PostPosted:  

Mini boo-boo spotted here:

47:2.7 When material life has run its course, if no choice has been made for the ascendant life, or if these children of time definitely decide against the Havona adventure, deathautomatically terminates their probationary careers. There is no adjudication of such cases; there is no resurrection from such a second death. They simply become as though they had not been.

PostPosted:  

Dear Iris,

Thanks so much for reporting that error. It is now fixed...

It is good to have more eyes on the text since we are adding these links. Accidents happen...

PostPosted:  

Good Morning to all O:)

I was enjoying a walk through the after life studies and noticed this possible typo. It is on page 15 of the report "There is Life After Death"

18. Any genuinely worthwhile goal that we did not fulfill on earth can be accom- plished in the heavens if that goal continues to remain on our priority list.

Thank you to all the folks that keep this site up. I really enjoy all the available learning. Just now starting to go past the U.B. book and into all the other pages of this site - spiritual studies etc. What a fabulous student resource this site is for us readers!

PostPosted:  
Site Admin

Hi fishin'mom --

Thank you -- these are the kinds of errors we're looking to get corrected. However, when I went to the link to the Life After Death magazine from our home page and then to page 15 I see that accom- plished is hyphenated at the end of a line where it should be hyphenated so I'm assuming you found another way to open the magazine, not using the display format that's there so maybe that's what needs to be fixed. If you can give more information I'll take another look.

Thanks,
Larry

PostPosted:  

I clicked the Spiritual Studies tab, clicked the cover of "Life After Death" and clicked on the page 15 icon (picture).

Maybe it is something to do with my browser or the paramaters of the way my screen displays. O:) Could it be less than updated software on my part?

I opened it again just to make sure and it still displays the text incorrectly - not lined up. I'll keep digging...maybe use task manager to see programs running and then check notepad for parameters etc. Don't know... not a super geek on computer. This problem does give me a reason to explore and learn today :lol:

Have a great day. :D

PostPosted:  
Site Admin

Hmmm, well something's different. I followed the path you used and the page came up correctly for me again -- I'm seeing text to the left of an image of a star cloud with the word accom- split because of the line length. Don't know what to suggest but thanks for letting us know you're having a problem with the display.

Larry

PostPosted:  

There are a few heartwarming stories that are urban legends. I don't know how much stock truthbook puts into these stories, but there are some that are not true. The only one that comes to mind right now is the one about Nat King Cole's widow getting picked up on a rainy night in Alabama by a white man who takes her to the hospital to see her dying husband. She then sends him a color tv for helping her out.

That story is a fabrication.

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 118 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6 ... 8  Next