Urantia Book Forum

Urantia Book Discussion Board : Study Group
It is currently Tue Oct 15, 2019 3:08 am +0000

All times are UTC - 7 hours

Post subject:
PostPosted:  

You are not to be saved because you live a righteous life; rather is it that you live a righteous life because you have already been saved, have recognized sonship as the gift of God and service in the kingdom as the supreme delight of life on earth. p1683:2 150:5.5

Profile Send private message  
 Post subject:
PostPosted:  

What a beautiful, and important discussion!

The endowment of imperfection with freedom entails inevitable tragedy, but the perfect God universally and affectionately shares in these sufferings with loving companionship!

No matter what our status, we are loved!

But, I am reminded of my daughter's Peace Corps assignment of two years, living with a remote tribe of West African people. Her assignment was to upgrade the Health and Sanitation of these people by offering concepts that the government recognized were lacking for these people, as they were suffering a high mortality rate.

While there she got to know women who were versed in many plants that offered medicinal help for various conditions that life brings. These women knew of many things that they lovingly learned and passed on from generation to generation for the health of the tribe.

In spite of this, the mortality of infants was still high, and many infections ended in fatality.

These women were concerned in having the best, and gave of themselves selflessly.

Then, along came my daughter and introduced them to simple but effective techniques for overall safety, sanitation and health; raising their consciousness to a much higher level regarding these concerns. Infant mortality has dropped, and people now know of antibiotics... and where to get them.

If our creator would deny eternal life to a mortal on an evolutionary planet of time and space just because they don't know the exact science of living, then there would be no need to have such an extensive cosmic agency in place to upgrade the consciousness level of these same mortals.

Now that these same women know better techniques in health, what would we say of them if they didn't respond accordingly to this new learning? What would we say of these mortals, having been given the truth and science of living, if they chose to remain utilizing only that which they knew before a better understanding was revealed?

This is the difference revelation makes. The Urantia Book, as all revealed religion, gives us a better understanding regarding this life of ours, but in beneficently giving... and in our taking... we are tasked to respond. It is the inherent responsibility which comes with each new level of consciousness.

So, the question is not,"What is the best religion?" The question is , "How am I going to respond to the best religion I have found?"

In closing, I wish to leave, "Good is too often the enemy of Best!" Too often we settle for good enough when the best can be had!

Do we wish to settle for a good life, or are we willing to go for the best?

Last edited by skazmar on Tue May 26, 2009 11:45 am +0000, edited 1 time in total.

Post subject: to skazmar:
PostPosted:  

Mr. Skazmar , my hat is off to you , and anything else you want off , I could not have written so truly , so well , no matter how much I would try . I am in total agreement with what you have written above. :roll: O:) :wink: :P

Post subject:
PostPosted:  

skazmar,
Perfect Love! Absolute clarity!
A post like that makes comming here and reading every day more than worth the time.
I can now put away the tequlia. 8)

Post subject:
PostPosted:  

This life is simply all about belief... understand that this world is a failed world. One of 606 failed worlds. We are quarantined. We have never know an age of light an life. When each soul passes from this world, many will have a rude awakening, but an awakening none the less. They will be given a choice, choose to grow spiritually and become one with the in-dweller, or simply choose not to exist. God is LOVE .. he is not what the world has made him out to be.

Hell is a figment born of the dark ages, be it by church or not, it was created by man... and reinvented by Dante.

God is pure, endless energy and infinite consciousness ... He is existence, just as we exist in him.

All who awaken in the resurrection halls are born anew. It sounds as though you have a lot of guilt inside, and it's actually you who you are talking about more than the other obvious sinners of the world.

Have faith in god, follow the path Jesus has paved for us and all will be well.

God is the one giant positive magnet that pulls us closer and closer as we grow spiritually, moving us closer to him. As our energy becomes more positive and filled with genuine love, we advance, we ascend.

Post subject:
PostPosted:  

Yo, Inevitable. Hi. Thanks for your participation. I was struck right away with your testimony that this planet was a failure, one of 600 failed planets. That is not what I heard. I heard there were 36 or 37 or 38 worlds that got caught in the Lucifer Rebellion and were isolated so we didn't spread our disease around the system. How'd you figure there were 600 failed worlds. And I don't think we've failed yet. Lucifer made a mess, and Adam and Eve made a mistake, but they haven't pulled the plug on us yet!

Post subject:
PostPosted:  

I'm a virgin to this thread. Just finished reading all the posts to watch the evolution of the thread.

"..they haven't pulled the plug on us yet!" What a hoot. LOL

And, really answers the original questions. Questions about "what it took".
For the longest time, I've been at peace with that. I, personally, have found a liberty of sonship that I've been desiring to share. It's simple and I invite comments.

"What it takes" is survival intelligence and moral capacity. Neither one of which we, personally, can take any credit for, none whatsoever. If a personality fragment is a "genetic code", then a fetus has universal potential. Surviving birth and early childhood, a child is transformed once more in their association in the universe, on the advent of their first moral choice. Sonship potential is enlivened and a universal child is born. How this child of universal potential utilizes their quotient of survival intelligence and moral capacity, is the flavoring of the human sonship experience. Should human experience involve accidents, and it will, how we recover really defines our character. I think this is way obvious to our celestial observers as they patiently create opportunities for each individual one of us to grow. Being where we are, is no accident, beloved.

"What it takes" is all you are willing to give.

With this in mind, let's return to the mortal experience of a universal child. Let's say the human child grows and survives to adulthood. The drawing of the spirit will create an opportunity, at least one, in every son, to choose to realize a relationship with god the "Father" (per UB). Once that opportunity has been acknowledged by each individual universal child, each son of us, there enters in an opportunity for the Spirit of Truth(SoT) to find life in us. A son becomes increasingly enlightened by experience. The path of growth opportunity and the path of the spirit intermingle somewhere along the way and the thinking of the son is drawn Fatherward. According to the highest desires of the son, and appropriate with other endowments, spirit gravity responds to our needs, unbeknownst to us. These "msyterious ways" are the work of unseen forces in a friendly universe. They are spirit reality. They continuously work to enlighten the path of each and all sons. Whatever it takes.
Every son is of value to the universe according to the UB.
I think the meaning and value of this mortal experience is of lesser concern to those not living in adventurous sonship.

So, for me, "what it takes" ain't all that much. From here on, it takes and takes and takes. Somehow, in taking, there is a gravity that effects the teenager, then the adult and the aged. A thought-gravity that develops naturally according to age and experience. The "older and wiser" reasoning that we know so well...according to experience. We grow.

Now, "what it takes" becomes less the question than, "What do I do now?"

As always, we will embrace opportunity. Because the plug is still in.

Keep breathing,

Bill

Post subject:
PostPosted:  

Hi Uncle Bill,
That was pretty freadking deep, couldln't hardly wade thru it. Anyone here can say anything they want, quote any little verse from their favorite "belief system", and no one will convince me that "what fells right", IS right TO you, what fells wrong "To You" is wrong. I hate to see people feel they need a rule book, everyone knows the rules. I truly believe in the Urnatia teachings, but I use it as a belief in my eternal life, and what I took from it is that a life lived is judged as you would judge it yourself, no one can lie to themselves. After reading Urnatia I now know that "live a good life", and the next one will be better. Don't get caught up in every word and try to interpret it, just do what fells like God would want you to do,It is so praise simple, no need to complicate it, and no I do not think that cusing will prevent me from a better life in the next life, God is not that infantile. I did not use the word "praise", that was an edit.

Post subject:
PostPosted:  

dkr315d wrote:
Hi Uncle Bill,
That was pretty freadking deep, couldln't hardly wade thru it. Anyone here can say anything they want, quote any little verse from their favorite "belief system", and no one will convince me that "what fells right", IS right TO you, what fells wrong "To You" is wrong. I hate to see people feel they need a rule book, everyone knows the rules. I truly believe in the Urnatia teachings, but I use it as a belief in my eternal life, and what I took from it is that a life lived is judged as you would judge it yourself, no one can lie to themselves. After reading Urnatia I now know that "live a good life", and the next one will be better. Don't get caught up in every word and try to interpret it, just do what fells like God would want you to do,It is so praise simple, no need to complicate it, and no I do not think that cusing will prevent me from a better life in the next life, God is not that infantile. I did not use the word "praise", that was an edit.

Debbie, I'm glad you enjoy the Book so much. That's sweet. I hope it continues to serve you well. I know it validated a lot of things that I thought were either right, wrong or missing from my Religious education. And I felt happy, justified, and vindicated in just that simple fact.

God's love be always with you and your lovely family, Debbie.
O:)

Post subject:
PostPosted:  

The only thing good about banging your head against the wall is.................It feels really good when you stop! :roll: 8)

Post subject:
PostPosted:  

p1474:2 133:4.2 The miller he taught about grinding up the grains of truth in the mill of living experience so as to render the difficult things of divine life readily receivable by even the weak and feeble among one's fellow mortals. Said Jesus: "Give the milk of truth to those who are babes in spiritual perception. In your living and loving ministry serve spiritual food in attractive form and suited to the capacity of receptivity of each of your inquirers."