Urantia Book Discussion Board : Study Group
It is currently Sun Mar 29, 2020 1:53 pm +0000

All times are UTC - 7 hours

Post subject:
PostPosted:  

slyde wrote:
Amy
Don't Go 8)
Hi Amy. I agree with Slyde. Please don't go. Take a rest and relaxation break for a while. But please come back. I posted this on Abners a few days ago in response to a thread about censorship of our posts to present a better view of ourselves to those viewing our posts. A new friend of mine on Myspace, where to my nieces and nephews and daughters I'm know as Uncle Joe., wrote this to me. I hope we can live up to this new reader's vision of us:

I got this off MySpace a few minutes ago. I hope you guys enjoy it as much as I did. God Bless You all very much. You ARE the Love the world needs.

Hi Uncle Joe!

It's good to hear from you. I understand completely about getting lost on MySpace. I'm beginning to get a handle on it but it's taken quite a while. I've never posted on Truthbook, but I do read some of the posts when I have a question about a topic I'm having trouble understanding, or if I just need a lift. It's so wonderful to know that there are others who have discovered the revelation and to hear (see) their thoughts and inspirations. I haven't looked at hardly any other TUB blog sites so I guess I don't have any way of comparing as far as the ego issue is concerned. I will say that in comparison to other blogs I've read (not necessarily spiritual blogs) there IS NO comparison. Generally speaking, TUB readers are gracious, kind, open, considerate, and respectful. I'd say they're paying attention to what they've learned from Michael's glorious example and teachings.

I remember you said once that you would be looking forward to reading a blog from me regarding what TUB has done for me. Well, the closest I have come to putting my feelings down on paper for the public to see can be found in my one and only blog (titled "Share the Wealth..."). It didn't start off for that purpose, but in response to comments from a MySpace buddy I couldn't help but share what I've learned with him.

Thanks again for writing! And thanks for being my friend!

God be with you in everything you do, ******

That's what I'm talking about and it brings tears to my eyes to know That's how YOU ALL ARE SEEN! God Bless you All.

That's the way you do it.

Loving for something and your Love for Free! :smile:

Profile Send private message  
 Post subject:
PostPosted:  

Joer, Solis,
Excellent posts :!: Great attitude both :!: We need to be able to help each other. That's why we have each other. Amy's life experience is unique as is all of ours. We need her veiwpoint, we need to hear her story, we all could benefit and grow from knowing her. We'll lose all of that learning opportunity if she never comes back. :( You never know she might need us as well. 8)
Doesn't the prayer say OUR Father :?:

Post subject:
PostPosted:  

If Jesus had left us when He was met with people who had different ideas from His and from each others we would be in a dire situation.

Saying goodbye is Amy's choice and one that is probably not thought through...

Look everybody... there are those who may have more "grace" at delivering their opposing thoughts and maybe more compassion on those who don't seem to "get it", but when we give up and turn away from people who are part of our daily lives for sometime, it is not appreciated.

Like everyone else, I get tired of all the arguing, all the backbiting that goes on, but I think it is good every now and then to take a good look at what's happening here that makes us animals respond like that.

There are some people here who just don't like hearing the truth, whether it comes across with "compassion" or comes across in a firm, "hard-love" manner... The arguing can be gotten over... but finding a place where people (most) have the same goal in mind (understanding the Urantia Papers and God) is not easy. Yes there are other Forums about the Urantia Book, but this one has some special thing about it and people quickly become part of the "family of Truthbook"...

So, say goodbye, but it may not last long.

Everyone take a deep breath and relax.

Post subject:
PostPosted:  
Site Admin

In reply to a post on page 1 Paula has asked that this be posted:

Larry,

Will you post this for me:

Dear Friends, I never "erased the boards" I pruned them and even so, I pruned old posts, posts that were at least a year old. Pruning old posts is an option that all board administrators have. I tend to be very Zen about these things. I don't personally think old posts are sacred. They are like thoughts you had ten years ago, they move in a stream of consciousness like a river to the ocean. They are here now and in a very short period of time they are gone. Voluminous archives of Internet posts are fine for those who have a lot of time to pour over that kind of stuff. I never have had the time or the interest to read what folks said a year or more ago. It's hard enough to keep up with all that is being said today. I made a mistake in pruning the boards because I honestly had no idea how fond some folks are of their own musings. I quickly learned, from the people who are most in love with their own writings, how wrong I was. I vowed never to prune the boards again and I'm very happily not in a position to worry about it any more. ;-)

Faithfully....Paula

Post subject:
PostPosted:  

Amy,
I never went to Nam. Therefore I do not feel at all qualfied to comment about that experence. Now if folks comment to a Nam vet about Nam they have better been there.
Make sense? 8)

Post subject:
PostPosted:  

Maryjo the Wise has informed me that I am the bad guy here, so I have volunteered to solve her little problem for her and leave.

see y'all later

http://z7.invisionfree.com/URANTIAFORUMS/index.php

Post subject:
PostPosted:  

Vann,
Is it possible to tell us more?
\8)

Post subject:
PostPosted:  
Site Admin

Woody/Vann -- it looks like you've helped make a decision about what to do with you as a participant on this discussion board. Often these points of contention are resolved when given enough time to work themselves out.

Your comments about what a good administrator you were at one time and how lacking everyone else has been have been noted as have the derogatory comments made to and about other members of this discussion board; to tell the truth, it's a relief to see you wave goodbye. It's a loss to us all in some respects because at times you have been able to participate positively but overall your intent has appeared to be to make yourself a disruptive and negative force and to make others feel unwelcome, to cause contention simply because you could.

So thank you for choosing to leave on your own volition.

Member name Vann will no longer be able to participate just like Woody can no longer participate. I expect you'll attempt to reenter with another alter ego name in time but you should know beforehand that we won't make the same mistake three times; you will not be further welcome here at any time under any name.

Larry

Post subject:
PostPosted:  

It is sad to see him go. Even though we disagreed--vehemently at times--I think we all grew to love him like a brother. Indeed, it is like losing an unruly brother, but we loved him so.

Post subject:
PostPosted:  

Brother Larry 8)

I know i may be walkin on thin Ice ,
And that you owe me no favors , ...
I Do see your point , also Woodys point , as well as the others in this latest ... Family Issue .

So i wont point fingers here or there or do the blame game here.

I just see that a yin an yang type of balance by all is needed.

My personal Vow for this year is to TRY and to Learn and to Strive
to grow in the Spirit of Love , Understanding , forgiveness ,
and one of thee greatest teachings of the Lord ,
Compassion .

Its a lot to put on my plate , but with GODs Grace , i pray i will learn and grow , yet i also know that daily i will fall short , and stumble and fall .

AS do we all sometimes , I Love Bro Woodys Passion for the UB Papers
AND his LOVE of TRUTHBOOK.

So , Just maybe you could reconsider and for the time being only put him in a Time out Penalty box ? Or at least Sleep on it .

Bro Woody has a lot to offer ...to just give him a thumbs down in the
Arena .

WE Are Family .

Faith Son
Coop

Post subject:
PostPosted:  

WE ARE FAMILY

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_M5RBc06 ... re=related

Post subject:
PostPosted:  
Site Admin

Hi Coop -- thanks, and we'll give your suggestion consideration. There are 3 admins to this board, gremlin, MaryJo, and me -- we share responsibility for the actions taken here so it will take the 3 of us to decide whether or not to change this decision.

Larry

Post subject:
PostPosted:  

Bro Larry
Thank you for your consideration.

Namastae

Faith son
Coop

Post subject:
PostPosted:  

Kind of off topic but consider the source. There is some relevancy.

In reading Paula's post through elementary but dear Mr. Watson, ummm Watkins, I meant Watkins, a pet peeve has been agitated. Having been involved in several history projects I have learned a greater appreciation for the Internet.

History is all about documentation, especially with those lovable professors. Recorded history must be sourced to documents printed and published with preference to degrees and pedigrees. But when a book is printed it is finished, mistakes included (even the UB had typos). It is expensive and time consuming for authors to correct mistakes so they often go unnoticed and then become crystallized as historical fact.

The beauty of this media is the ability to correct mistakes, to edit typos and to have others correct misunderstandings or misperceptions.

Its all good.

Post subject: Please Stay!
PostPosted:  

I've been away for several weeks.... missed all the action....
Amy, Please stay....?.....? I really enjoyed your personality on this forum for the short time I've been here.