Urantia Book Forum

Urantia Book Discussion Board : Study Group
It is currently Sat Dec 14, 2019 1:09 am +0000

All times are UTC - 7 hours

Post subject: Absonity
PostPosted:  

Absoniters are not created; they are eventuated: they simply are.

If absonity is neither infinity nor absoluteness, does that mean absoniters can be de-eventuated? If so, does that mean God "eventuates" or "turns out" what is needed at that moment?

If they simply are, can they also simply become "are nots"?

Profile Send private message  
 Post subject: absoniters
PostPosted:  

I've been pondering about that or those absonite thingnies ever since I first read about them, but I was always a little shy about asking about it on the open forum . So I guess I'm not the only one wondering about them . Maybe someone will be able to illuminate us on it......... :roll: 8) :?

Post subject:
PostPosted:  

If you are asking in simple terms if things happen for a reason. Personally, I think that they do, God gives us gifts.Some of lifes lessons may seem cruel and harsh to some but they are actually a step to another level of understanding. You can not reach that level of understanding unless you have gone through an experience that is life changing.

I may have misunderstood because I do that often so if I have misunderstood please correct me. If not, :) I hope that I helped.

Absoniters- Eventuated beings existing on the absonite level. 2:7, (0:2.7)

Quote:
Absoniters are not created; they are eventuated: they simply are.

I LOVE that quote!!! Thank you for sharing it with us!!!

Post subject:
PostPosted:  

GODs Day 8)

There is a really good paper about Absonite by Doc Sadler ,
And IF i can find it i will share it . It helpd me to better understand it .

this fer now .. . :idea:
http://www.google.com/custom?domains=tr ... thbook.com

absonite (ab' son ite). Level of reality between the finite and the absolute which is characterized by things and beings without beginning or ending and by time/space transcendence. 2:7, (0:2.7)

absoniters (ab' son eye ters). Eventuated beings existing on the absonite level. 2:7, (0:2.7)

absonitize (ab son' i tize). To come into existence on the absonite level. 352:3, (31:9.10)

absonity (ab son' i tee). The absonite level of reality. 14:5, (0:11.7)

Faith son
Coop

Post subject:
PostPosted:  

Hi KP and all,

This may help, I think it was what Coop was referring to.

http://urantiabook.org/studies/smu/apndx15.htm#section5

5. MEANING OF THE WORD 'ABSONITE'

The Papers instruct us that Transcendentalers are neither infinite nor finite, that they are absonite. [citation needed] This word is not found in English; it is a word introduced in the Papers. In the writer's opinion, this is a coined word - a composite word. It seems to be constructed of a part of each of two words - absolute and finite. The first two syllables of abso-lute" and the last syllable of "fi-nite" will go together very nicely as "abso-" and "-nite" to make the word "abso-nite." This word is appropriately symbolic of a reality that is neither absolute nor finite, but which lies between the two.

At this point it will prove helpful to examine the several usages of the word absonite (and its derivatives) in the Papers. This word has more than one usage and it appears in more than one form:

A level of reality. It is used to designate the transcendental level of reality, as in the phrase - "the absonite level" [0:1.13] and, "Paradise absonite realities" [0:9.2] and the 11. . . reality values of the finite, the absonite, and even of the absolute." [0:9.3]

A quality-level of function. It is used to designate a function that is more than finite, such as - "Deity functioning. . . as. . . absonite upholders of the master universe." And, in the same context, "this absonite function." [0:1.11]

A degree of trinity unification, as in the expression - absonite unification of the first experiential Trinity [0:9.2]

Ultimate values. These values are, in part, described as: absonite-superpersonal, time-space-transcended, and eventuated-experiential . . ." [0:2.15]

A bestowable spirit. It designates a conjectured type or quality of (super-?) spirit which the Melchizedeks teach will (sometime) be bestowed upon the midsoniters by God the Ultimate - ". . . the transcendental and eternal spirit of absonity [36:5.1]

A mental discipline. It is used to designate an organized body of knowledge which can be studied, as in the usage - ". . . the progressive course in divinity and absonity. " [30:4.25] In what is possibly a similar usage, it is used to designate a superphilosophy, a super-logical way of thinking about Reality, as in the statement - "Neither ... philosophy nor absonity are able to penetrate . . ." [0:11.8]

Superconscious awareness. It is used as the culminating member of an ascending series - ". . . finite consciousness. . . transcendence of consciousness... [and] the insight of absonity." [117:3.4]

The nature of a being. It describes the nature of a being, as in the expression - ". . . the absonite Architects of the Master Universe . . ." [0:12.7] also in the usage - "the absonite peoples." [42:2.19] Also, "Absoniters are not created." [0:1.13]

The nature of the origin of a being. It describes the manner of the origin of a being, as in the stated question, ". . . we can describe beings who are personalized, but how could an absonitized being ever be explained . . ?" [citation needed] And again, "Similar types of messenger-recorders. .. are not personalized, they are absonitized." [31:2.2] And in still another instance, ". .. there was attempted the eventuation .. but . . this being failed to absonitize . . ." [31:9.10]

A quality of being. In describing the Master Architects, the Papers speak of them as ". . . possessing master minds, superb spirits, and supernal absonites." [31:9.2] This must denote some quality in a transcendental being that is something other than, and is additive-to, spirit. On the finite level, spirit is something other-than, and is additive-to, mind.
The question of "absonity" and "absonites" is something that also relates to the ascending mortals: We are informed that, before ascenders leave the local universe they will achieve full satisfaction of equality of selfrealization regarding all pursuits of an artistic, intellectual, and social nature. Then they encounter a new spirit differential that will not be equalized until they have finished the Havona pilgrimages. Ascenders will then become aware of another new differential, an absonite differential, and this will not become equalized until they have attained the status of seventh stage spirits - this may be superfinite status. [44:8.6]

A Study of the Master Universe
Bill Sadler Jr.

http://urantiabook.org/studies/smu/index.html

God Bless

Jim

Post subject:
PostPosted:  

The absonite level of reality is characterized by things and beings without beginnings or endings and by the transcendence of time and space. p2:12 0:1.12

Last edited by Bonita on Sun Mar 22, 2009 8:56 am +0000, edited 1 time in total.

Post subject:
PostPosted:  

GODs Day to Y'all 8)

Hiyah All

Bro Jim ~ Thankz fer the Links , AWSOME DUDE !!
LOTS of great stuff in them , Good read for anyone and all . :idea:

Mine was a much simpler analogy , by Bill Jr , his Firehouse analogy .
yet this isnt the full text of what i was lookin for .
Also there's another analogy that is about a three story building and a tennis ball?

Its on page 4 , other good stuff in it also ,

http://www.ubhistory.org/Documents/AB19 ... peJ_24.pdf
Namastae

Faith son
Coop

http://www.ubhistory.org/Documents/AB19 ... peJ_24.pdf

Post subject:
PostPosted:  

Iris,
I like this
Quote:
Absonite beings have no beginning and no end.

I love the Urantia Book because I think that it is full of faith and something to hold onto.
I personally think though that all souls have no beginning and no end.
Personally, I think that we are all greater beings when we all connect and actually see eachother we will all be as one big ball of light. Nobody in my opinion is better then the other but there are those that have something to give others. Something powerful to share and those you can call whatever you like they are all greater beings though.
PLEASE note that I have not read all of the Urantia Book and may not understand it all. I'm just speaking of what I believe.
:)
Angela

Post subject:
PostPosted:  

The divine spirit arrives simultaneously with the first moral activity of the human mind, and that is the occasion of the birth of the soul. p1478:4 133:6.5

Last edited by Bonita on Sun Mar 22, 2009 9:00 am +0000, edited 1 time in total.

Post subject:
PostPosted:  

Thanks everyone

Iris said:

Quote:
Absonite beings have no beginning and no end. To be in the "are not" category would suggest an end, which cannot be.

I like what you're saying, but it doesn't fit the whole situation because these beings are "eventuated" which means (to my understanding) they "come about", they are "turned out" when they are needed for whatever purpose. So, this implies that they have a "beginning", per se, and likewise when they are no longer needed for a particular service, they are maybe "de-eventuated"... the Papers are not very extensive on this subject...

In my understanding, these beings may be a part of the "whole" until they are needed and then they "eventuate" or "come about". When they are no longer needed they are "absorbed" back into the "whole" and "are not".

These beings are neither absolute nor finite.

Does this make any sense to anyone else?

Post subject:
PostPosted:  

p24:7  1:2.6 In theory you may think of God as the Creator, and he is the personal creator of Paradise and the central universe of perfection, but the universes of time and space are all created and organized by the Paradise corps of the Creator Sons. The Universal Father is not the personal creator of the local universe of Nebadon; the universe in which you live is the creation of his Son Michael. Though the Father does not personally create the evolutionary universes, he does control them in many of their universal relationships and in certain of their manifestations of physical, mindal, and spiritual energies. God the Father is the personal creator of the Paradise universe and, in association with the Eternal Son, the creator of all other personal universe Creators.

Last edited by Bonita on Sun Mar 22, 2009 9:01 am +0000, edited 1 time in total.

Post subject:
PostPosted:  

Absoniters, by their nature, are pretty much beyond the full comprehension of finite human beings. They are not absolute. From my understanding absolutes don't just transcend time and space, they ignore it. Or in the case of Paradise, they define all other relatives. It appears to me that the Absolutes (Deity, Unqualified, Universal, Paradise, the Father-I AM, The Eternal Son, and the Infnite Spirit) predate time and space, even eternity itself, and thats where everything gets really hazy. The maximum of time is eternity, but the Father, Son, and Infinite Spirit existed before eternity. Try and wrap your head around that :-s

Finites are at the complete end of the spectrum. They have beginnings but may not have an ending. Human beings are made in time, function in space, and their souls may live forever in eternity. But we are definitely relative in relation to the absolutes.

I think that when absoniters are eventuated, it as though they had always been. They are more than finite because they were never made, but they are below the absolute because they are defined by the Absolutes from which they sprung.

Anyone else got a headache? :wink:

Post subject:
PostPosted:  

Absoniters, by their nature, are pretty much beyond the full comprehension of finite human beings.

Yeah, Chris...this is one I wouldn't touch with a 10 foot pole. I've been following this thread to see just how many would attempt to explain absonite beings. Not even the celestials fully understand...then again, maybe they do but were unable to find the words that would explain it to us.

Ok, that's as far as my little brain will go...it's beginning to hurt.

Jo

Post subject:
PostPosted:  

You right in staying out of this topic and I think that I will join you in not making any further comments. :) It's just asking for others to tear you down. So I'll just keep my mouth shut from now on.

Post subject:
PostPosted:  

Sad to say that things have gotten a little off balance on a few threads, by new and not so new members. It will settle down. The egos will kick some sand, show off a bit, pout a bit, and generally act like...hmmm...adult children? :roll: Then the administration will put them in "time out", they will go to their corners and either sulk, or look at their behavior and try to be a little more tolerant of others.

Hang around, Changing...you'll see. Everyone will be ok once the dust settles, and lessons are learned. I think we all have to "act out" periodically and refresh our minds on how to play with others. We humans are stubborn creatures. :?

Peace
Jo