Urantia Book Forum

Urantia Book Discussion Board : Study Group
It is currently Sat Oct 19, 2019 4:07 am +0000

All times are UTC - 7 hours

PostPosted:  

I read it, I listen to it, I tell people about it, and now I have a Urantia symbol around my neck.

"Religion"--- as we have been taught since we were all young--- sounded empty and artificial, and it was obvious it did lack heart, but we felt that somehow, even thou lacking facts or clear descriptions, or even true passionate followers, we felt there was a truth not safe denying, yet we (those who feel things must be clear and not clouded) longed for more. That "more" is what we get in this book called by the true name of our planet.

Profile Send private message  
PostPosted:  

URANO wrote:
I read it, I listen to it, I tell people about it, and now I have a Urantia symbol around my neck.

"Religion"--- as we have been taught since we were all young--- sounded empty and artificial, and it was obvious it did lack heart, but we felt that somehow, even thou lacking facts or clear descriptions, or even true passionate followers, we felt there was a truth not safe denying, yet we (those who feel things must be clear and not clouded) longed for more. That "more" is what we get in this book called by the true name of our planet.

Amen my brother! It did answer my desire and longing "for more".

Post subject:
PostPosted:  

Out of curiosity: what "symbol" do you have around your neck and where did you get it, if I may ask?

Post subject: Urantia
PostPosted:  

I found the Urantia symbol in Ebay.
http://shop.ebay.com/?_from=R40&_trksid ... Categories

I also bought three books (urantia) and a dvd.

Post subject: Re: Urantia
PostPosted:  

[quote="URANO"]I found the Urantia symbol in Ebay.
http://shop.ebay.com/?_from=R40&_trksid ... Categories

I also bought three books
The symbol of Urantia is well known you can see it on the cover of
A circle within a circle in blue and white the book.

Post subject: Re: Urantia
PostPosted:  

URANO wrote:
I also bought three books (urantia) and a dvd.

Are you aware of the Urantia Papers DVD which I distribute (FREE of charge) which contains both the English Audio (mp3) and the professionally typeset PDF files (as well as MOBI and EPUB) of the Urantia Book in English and 16 other languages?

http://www.bibles.org.uk/urantia-dvd.html

The 99 pence "price" set is purely symbolical, i.e. eBay doesn't allow a price lower than 99 pence (unless it is an auction which I would have to keep re-scheduling). It doesn't compensate the production cost (45 pence), shipping (205 pence for USA airmail) and eBay/PayPal fees (10 + 5 = 15 pence). Actually, I should probably read a bit on html to learn how to add an interactive form to my website to allow people to request the DVD directly from the website and then I can dispense with the use of eBay (and the "symbolic 99 pence price") altogether...

In addition to the American English originals, the DVD contains the PDF files of the British Study Edition (with Apparatus and Study Notes) as well, of course. The latter is also available (again absolutely FREE) separately here:

http://www.bibles.org.uk/study-edition.html

The printed version is also available at the cost of production (no royalty, obviously), but it is printed via digital "print-on-demand" technique which is quite expensive (i.e. the production cost is about £16 per volume).

PostPosted:  

104:1.3 The third presentation of the Trinity was made by Machiventa Melchizedek and this doctrine was symbolized by the three concentric circles which the sage of Salem wore on his breast plate. But Machiventa found it very difficult to teach the Palestinian Bedouins about the Universal Father, the Eternal Son, and the Infinite Spirit. Most of his disciples thought that the Trinity consisted of the three Most Highs of Norlatiadek; a few conceived of the Trinity as the System Sovereign, the Constellation Father, and the local universe Creator Deity; still fewer even remotely grasped the idea of the Paradise association of the Father, Son, and Spirit. 93:2.5 In personal appearance, Melchizedek resembled the then blended Nodite and Sumerian peoples, being almost six feet in height and possessing a commanding presence. He spoke Chaldean and a half dozen other languages. He dressed much as did the Canaanite priests except that on his breast he wore an emblem of three concentric circles, the Satania symbol of the Paradise Trinity. In the course of his ministry this insignia of three concentric circles became regarded as so sacred by his followers that they never dared to use it, and it was soon forgotten with the passing of a few generations.

they don't mention the color of machiventa's circles. the colors are only mentioned here: 53:5.4 Since Michael elected to remain aloof from the actual warfare of the Lucifer rebellion, Gabriel called his personal staff together on Edentia and, in counsel with the Most Highs, elected to assume command of the loyal hosts of Satania. Michael remained on Salvington while Gabriel proceeded to Jerusem, and establishing himself on the sphere dedicated to the Father — the same Universal Father whose personality Lucifer and Satan had questioned — in the presence of the forgathered hosts of loyal personalities, he displayed the banner of Michael, the material emblem of the Trinity government of all creation, the three azure blue concentric circles on a white background.

URANO wrote:

PostPosted:  

The army and many famous people received the book in one way or another. (Jerry Garcia, Elvis Presley, and I'm sure even the president.) remember the speech "what if an alien race...."

According to what random information( not in the book) I ran into about the Urantia book, (from enconters sources) "blue book" was coined, because every time the army faced the many various races in space (greys Nordic etc) they would remember the book they had on their desks ( Blue cover book courtesy of "the messengers") Probably "they" meaning The president and the industrial military complex had been given the book before anyone, but of course using the excuse of "protecting the people" they decided to hide the knowledge from the mainstream public. Had we had only one government,(or peaceful alliances) the secrecy would have been totally open to the public.
Think of how you yourself would've acted
(I recommend the series "Dark skyes" that shows the constant fear insecurity and complexity of having such secret by the military)