Urantia Book Forum

Urantia Book Discussion Board : Study Group
It is currently Mon Mar 30, 2020 4:16 pm +0000

All times are UTC - 7 hours

PostPosted:  

Hello brothers/sisters

would anyone care to share a story of when this was true or present in their lives? Maybe you were the student, or maybe you were the teacher ether way I believe this post could encourage some of our new members of truthbook with there own situations.

I know me personally I have been the student on so many occassions and will continue to be but today I was the teacher. I work with a wonderful person and she certainly has made it known that she has questions and I could see the truth seeker in her eyes. Monday is her birthday but I gave her, her gift today (TUB) of course :mrgreen: . I sat with her and talked for around an hour about concepts and truth and of course more importantly Jesus. She has a close friend who is going to lose his mother due to Cancer and so I did my best to comfort her and after our talks about TUB she left work that day feeling inspired. I was so happy on my way home because life had given me a friggen bitchen way to reveal god to one of our sisters and I didn't drop the ball this time!

I owe so much to you guys here for showing patience and guiding my zeal to a better place where I can now utilize some wisdom with it. I showed her this forum and and truthbook.org and she loved it! Maybe just maybe she might show up here and look for the wonderful advise that I said was so abundant here. I know you guys will take care of her like you did me and I want to thank you all once again for being here, you all make a difference everyday!

love always
your brother dave!

P.S. please share some stories of how you might have been the student or the teacher and I know your words will come as a beacon of light to a truth seeking soul.

Profile Send private message  
 Post subject:
PostPosted:  

Hey brother_dave! Good to hear from you! I was thinking about you a couple of days ago. Do you remember when we planned to take Mike with us to IC08? Well that was a student trip for me. That's to say where the trip turned out to be way different than I expected. I had no idea Mike had been involved with TUB for so long. And that he knew so many people who were in positions of supporting TUB and Tub activities like the Convention. You know how it was brother. You were there side by side with me and Mike talking about Urantia Book Los Oxnard (UBLO). :mrgreen: :roll:

Well I got this email from Mike's Urantia Club the other day and I still am amazed at the wonderful spiritually of this human being our brother Mike. I had no idea of how bright a Spirit he is. He will certainly soar with us, and show us how to soar higher on the other side.

JB posted a link to some old Truthbook Forum threads from about five years and Mike was an active poster there.

HERE

Paradise Pilgrim came by for a few days this weekend and I showed him his old posts. To People here who remember him I want to let you know he's doing alright. The Urantia Book and what he's learned from it still hold a primary part of his life. He's been depressed a good part of his life, maybe even since he was 15 and he's 51 now. But he's in good shape physically. Still looking to do positive things with his life.

Well it never ceases to amaze me how God works in our lives. So like a student, again I am reminded. I let Paradise use my PC again for the first time since he deleted all his posts and got banned from the site until he's willing to communicate with Larry again. Well he has a lot of songs about Jesus and the truth as taught by TUB, the bible and other sources. But principally TUB. He sent one to Carlos Santana. then he emailed Pato Banton. Pato responded to Paradise's email right away and Paradise came into the kitchen almost jumping with joy to tell me Pato was playing on Molokai tonight! And that Pato would be there with Norman Ingrim.

He wrote back to Pato. And then Pato sent him his number and Paradise called him while Pato was sitting in the airport in Honolulu. Well he was trying to decide weather to stay here or leave and when Pato put him on his guest list to get in free at Lahaina this Friday. Paradise was strutting around with unbelief at Pato's acceptance of him and generosity to him. I have never been on a guest list niether has our homeless brother Paradise. Paradise left today more assured of himself than I have seen him in a long time. brother_dave as God is working in you and your friends life so is he working in Paradise’s life. Paradise sang me a song as we went to Walgreens so I could by a paper and he could get cash back from his ATM for bus fare here to the airport and in Maui. The song was about being on Watch for the Master's return. I posted about that to Debbie here this week and on the NCR site that was also talking about it's meaning. (see mark 13:33-37 and Paper 176 in TUB. ) I asked Paradise to play it and sing it to Pato. I think Pato may enjoy it a lot. I played Pato's CD "Destination Paradise" that I got at IC08 to Paradise Pilgrim. I think he enjoyed it.

So as a student of God I'm reminded again of how God works in our lives. And when we least expect it our eyes are opened to this Love of God in all His/Her persons being shed upon us all. Regardless of our physical conditions, positions in society, poor or wealthy, I am reminded yet again God is no respecter of persons! He Loves us ALL! :smile: Bless You and April brother_dave, I pray you are both well. And have great holidays.

Here's Mike Rayl's (MetaRock Mike) email:

God thank you for all I have, all the people who love me, my new laptop, my new ipod...
Thanks to friends and family, who pooled their money, to get my new laptop...
Thanks to Brad the administrator here, who got Kindred to replace my ipod, when it was stolen...
Thanks to my daughter Shellee, who made thanksgiving dinner for the first time, it was great...
Thanks to my son Steven who helps me do things I can no longer do, like loading my ipod and computer stuff... Thanks to my mom, who does my laundry, brings me lunch and so much more...
Thanks to my brother mark, who manages my affairs, gives me spending money, tried to get my laptop fixed and so much more... Thanx to my ex-wife Kat who reminds me of the good times and who got all the people together, to get me my laptop... Thanks to all my wonderful caregivers, who do all the things I can no longer do for myself...
Thanks to God, who gives me the courage and strength to face each day, with a positive, cheerful attitude... Thanks to anyone who I forgot to mention...

Truly I feel loved, blessed and happy... mike

PostPosted:  

I was really lucky to have met my friend Dan Kemp. There I was, a 15-year old juvenile delinquent, and here was this old guy, Dan Kemp, who was actually willing to talk to me! And talk he did! About everything, movie stars, rocket science, God, surfing, God, skateboarding, God, the history of our planet, God… well you get the idea. And, son of a gun! It stuck! Took me about 5 years, but the last thing he did before he moved out of ol’ Topanga Canyon was give me a Uranita Book. And I actually sat down and read it, cover to cover, after he left.

Boy did that open my eyes! So, of course, I thought I knew EVERYTHING! And I went out and made every mistake in the book “shouting it from the rooftops” as Vann once called it. You can already guess the response I got. So I clammed up and thought about it for, oh, I don’t know, about 35 years or so.

Then early this year (2008) I got the bug. It must have been time, that’s all. I bought a new Urantia Book (the one with the DVD, LOVE IT!). And read it again, cover to cover. Now I am listening to the DVD in my car (you need an MP-3 ready CD player, apparently) and re-reading it again, slowly.

And a lot of stuff is really starting to come together! Not wow, zoom, fame and fortune stuff, but really good stuff, cosmic stuff, spiritual awakening stuff. And I see my time coming now as a teacher. To whom? To my two young boys, 11 & 13. They’ve always viewed Dad as a little spacy and hippie-like, and it’s kind of natural to them that people should be that way. Now they are finding out why. But I’m going slowly! I almost blew it when I started reading the UB again… tried to go too fast. But then I backed WAY off. And started loving and learning and not teaching or preaching. And YESTERDAY my youngest asked me… “Dad, what the Urantia Book say about Santa?” Proudest moment of my short life.
Al

Post subject:
PostPosted:  
Site Admin

Hi Al,
Parents are the most influential teachers kids will ever be in contact with. I've actually heard UB readers who should know better say they don't talk about TUB with their kids because they want them to make their own choices -- like the environment they're growing up in provides the fertile ground from which children can make proper choices. Somehow those parents seem to believe that the empty slate of their child's mind will magically be written on by the child's Adjuster or angel without any input from the parent -- a profound failure in Parenting 101 I believe and a complete disregard for the life of Jesus as a role model. Your kids are at a great age to be exposed to all manner of concepts and ideas so they can become familiar with the process of sorting them out for themselves.
Larry

Post subject:
PostPosted:  

Thanks Ian! (It is Ian, correct??) Or, if not, thanks anyways!! Luckily, I’ve been hinting around about this kind of stuff for all of their short lives, so it was not the shock it could have been. It was still a big shock though because their Mom, as a secularist (Communism makes it a crime to believe in God, secularism simply ignores him), has been allowed to make our lives fairly religion free, which, actually does work in favor of clearly presenting the Urantia Book concepts. So it’s a big compromise. And I’m letting time and a loving attitude help them graduate gently into it. But I am telling them how things really are, when they ask, and as the opportunity presents itself. I wish I had all (or some) of the answers on how to do this! :?:

Post subject:
PostPosted:  

Hello brother Al

thank you for sharing I just find your personality intoxicating in a completely heterosexual way :mrgreen: . You make me impatient to hear what your going to say next. I think your stories and writing style is awesome, bless you brother.

Post subject:
PostPosted:  

lwatkins wrote:
Hi Al,
Parents are the most influential teachers kids will ever be in contact with. I've actually heard UB readers who should know better say they don't talk about TUB with their kids because they want them to make their own choices -- like the environment they're growing up in provides the fertile ground from which children can make proper choices. Somehow those parents seem to believe that the empty slate of their child's mind will magically be written on by the child's Adjuster or angel without any input from the parent -- a profound failure in Parenting 101 I believe and a complete disregard for the life of Jesus as a role model. Your kids are at a great age to be exposed to all manner of concepts and ideas so they can become familiar with the process of sorting them out for themselves.
Larry

I think it's more true than not that "We are what our kids will be, not what we want them to be or tell them to be." If we want them to be honest we should be honest. If we want them to be kind we should be kind. If we want them to be tolerant, so should we be. If we want them to know God, they should see we know and believe in God. And in TUB they can find out how we know him. In experiencing and living a Spirit-led life Our children will eventually do the same.

For the most part. There are other influences in the world, But for our children our influence on them may be the MOST influential.

Be the person you want your child to grow up to be. Amen. :smile:

Post subject:
PostPosted:  

On the other hand there is the other foot.

My parents were great examples for me of what NOT to be. They were good folks, but they were not your most sophisticated representations of the dual nature. In "the art of living" as taught by Rodan, we did more grunting and raising of eyebrows than talking things over or savoring the refinements of emotion. We kids had no religious training whatsoever, so, oddly enough, their lack of interest in spiritual matters seems to have spawned in me a ravaging hunger for spirit reality. In retrospect, much of what my folks taught me, in terms of lasting value, was the opposite of what they did. It takes what it takes.

Post subject:
PostPosted:  

thank you for that reply Gerdean it made me think back to being a kid and going through the same sort of senario as you did. I too learned a lot about what to do through seeing my parent behave and I made my own decision based off of not wanting to be like them. It's great to hear from you again.

Post subject:
PostPosted:  

I just want to say a big hello to brother_dave...nice to see you here again - I was wondering where the heck you were! You and Joer cross my mind so often...

Great to be getting your totally unique, and ever-fresh (as in, fresh like a cool sea breeze, not fresh like a smarty pants...!) point of view again.

Blessings always...

Post subject:
PostPosted:  

Gerdean wrote:
On the other hand there is the other foot.

My parents were great examples for me of what NOT to be. They were good folks, but they were not your most sophisticated representations of the dual nature. In "the art of living" as taught by Rodan, we did more grunting and raising of eyebrows than talking things over or savoring the refinements of emotion. We kids had no religious training whatsoever, so, oddly enough, their lack of interest in spiritual matters seems to have spawned in me a ravaging hunger for spirit reality. In retrospect, much of what my folks taught me, in terms of lasting value, was the opposite of what they did. It takes what it takes.

Your right Gerdean! There's always the bad stuff too. Thank God we have that compass within in us to guide us to do right even where are parents were lacking so as to make us better examples for our kids as well as to enable our kids to avoid OUR bad examples. Thank God! like you say, "It takes what it takes!" :smile:

Hi MaryJo! Peek a boo! I see you! :mrgreen:

Post subject:
PostPosted:  

thank you sister it's great to be back here with so many great people. I have a renewed sence of faith again. I was able to talk about the UB with a co-worker and I see her starting with the same questions I did and I couldn't wait to talk about everything with her. I did learn a lesson with some other people about trying to spread the message too fast so I was quick to not make that mistake again with my friend Maggen. Anyways just by talking about the father brought me too tears again and it was like the day that I finished reading all of part 4 I had a I dare the world to stop me attitude. Although I didn't want that to be obvious so I mustered it down as best as I could and as soon as I got in the car I was walking on friggen sunshine baby :mrgreen: I couldn't even drive I was shaking and had the music blasting at about 80 decibles and I can't even give you the proper picture but let's just say I was about 80,000 feet and cruising!

Oh I was so praise excited and I went home and read paper 170. <-- I love that paper.

and just telling this story I'm at work right now and I want to wish EVERYONE HERE HALF THE JOY I AM FEELING RIGHT NOW! If you at least get half of it you will have an awesome day! I promise you not too many things can bring you down when your this high!

peace and love to us all today, now lets go out their and make a difference! ***BREAK***

love your brother dave

PostPosted:  

and michael came when the world was ready for him. when rome had world domination like jesus himself ruled his universe, rome ruling as much of the world as it did at the time was symbolic of a creator son's rule.

76:5.3 Adam knew about the dispensational resurrection which occurred simultaneously with his arrival on the planet, and he believed that he and his companion would probably be repersonalized in connection with the advent of the next order of sonship. He did not know that Michael, the sovereign of this universe, was so soon to appear on Urantia; he expected that the next Son to arrive would be of the Avonal order. Even so, it was always a comfort to Adam and Eve, as well as something difficult for them to understand, to ponder the only personal message they ever received from Michael. This message, among other expressions of friendship and comfort, said: “I have given consideration to the circumstances of your default, I have remembered the desire of your hearts ever to be loyal to my Father’s will, and you will be called from the embrace of mortal slumber when I come to Urantia if the subordinate Sons of my realm do not send for you before that time.”

76:5.4 And this was a great mystery to Adam and Eve. They could comprehend the veiled promise of a possible special resurrection in this message, and such a possibility greatly cheered them, but they could not grasp the meaning of the intimation that they might rest until the time of a resurrection associated with Michael’s personal appearance on Urantia. And so the Edenic pair always proclaimed that a Son of God would sometime come, and they communicated to their loved ones the belief, at least the longing hope, that the world of their blunders and sorrows might possibly be the realm whereon the ruler of this universe would elect to function as the Paradise bestowal Son. It seemed too good to be true, but Adam did entertain the thought that strife-torn Urantia might, after all, turn out to be the most fortunate world in the system of Satania, the envied planet of all Nebadon.

121:1.1 Jesus did not come to this world during an age of spiritual decadence; at the time of his birth Urantia was experiencing such a revival of spiritual thinking and religious living as it had not known in all its previous post-Adamic history nor has experienced in any era since. When Michael incarnated on Urantia, the world presented the most favorable condition for the Creator Son’s bestowal that had ever previously prevailed or has since obtained. In the centuries just prior to these times Greek culture and the Greek language had spread over Occident and near Orient, and the Jews, being a Levantine race, in nature part Occidental and part Oriental, were eminently fitted to utilize such cultural and linguistic settings for the effective spread of a new religion to both East and West. These most favorable circumstances were further enhanced by the tolerant political rule of the Mediterranean world by the Romans.

brother_dave wrote:
Hello brothers/sisters

would anyone care to share a story of when this was true or present in their lives? Maybe you were the student, or maybe you were the teacher ether way I believe this post could encourage some of our new members of truthbook with there own situations.

I know me personally I have been the student on so many occassions and will continue to be but today I was the teacher. I work with a wonderful person and she certainly has made it known that she has questions and I could see the truth seeker in her eyes. Monday is her birthday but I gave her, her gift today (TUB) of course :mrgreen: . I sat with her and talked for around an hour about concepts and truth and of course more importantly Jesus. She has a close friend who is going to lose his mother due to Cancer and so I did my best to comfort her and after our talks about TUB she left work that day feeling inspired. I was so happy on my way home because life had given me a friggen bitchen way to reveal god to one of our sisters and I didn't drop the ball this time!

I owe so much to you guys here for showing patience and guiding my zeal to a better place where I can now utilize some wisdom with it. I showed her this forum and and truthbook.org and she loved it! Maybe just maybe she might show up here and look for the wonderful advise that I said was so abundant here. I know you guys will take care of her like you did me and I want to thank you all once again for being here, you all make a difference everyday!

love always
your brother dave!

P.S. please share some stories of how you might have been the student or the teacher and I know your words will come as a beacon of light to a truth seeking soul.