Urantia Book Forum

Urantia Book Discussion Board : Study Group
It is currently Sun May 31, 2020 3:53 pm +0000

All times are UTC - 7 hours

PostPosted:  

Over the years I have wanted to find a guru, or Spiritual Mentor.
Some one I can confide in to help me over come my short comings and further progress the 7 psychic circles. The 12 step communities has helped in many ways yet come short of being the guide I need for the spiritual journey I have grown to know and understand through the U.B.

I see the 7 psychic circles as one of our best guide line given from the U.B.
As well as developing and shearing Mota we discover in our journey.

Anyone else have thoughts on this ( personal thoughts ) not quotes.

Profile Send private message  
PostPosted:  

I used to want to find people like that, but having since given up trying to find spiritual people I now just look for people who are nice and kind that I can befriend, I think alot of the spiritual experiences we have are just with our closest friends and family. Obviously though I would love to make friends with others who worship god and share my belief in the Urantia Book, it just has not panned out that way for me :?

Thehapyandefectivepersonismotivatednotbyfearofwrongdoingbutby
loveofrightdoing

PostPosted:  

J. Barry wrote:
Over the years I have wanted to find a guru, or Spiritual Mentor.
Some one I can confide in to help me over come my short comings and further progress the 7 psychic circles.

Me, too! Unfortunately with very little success.

However, I finally have found one. It is called the Mystery Monitor, or the Thought Adjuster. It helps me meet the right people at each phase of my life. There is really no human that would be above us and be able to guide us all the time. Instead, we humans help one another, when our paths come together - often even mutually.

The master guide in our journey is our Thought Adjuster. We can get all the guidance that we need from it. Learning to consciously receive guidance from the Thought Adjuster does happen only later in our lives. However, the Thought Adjuster is able to guide us even when we don't consciously receive information from it. It only needs our agreement to allow it to work for us.

TUB is not very clear on the exact requirements on the seven circles, and I believe part of the reason is that we would not start comparing our progress with others. We each have our own path which is not to be confused with the paths of other people. However, communications with the Thought Adjuster seem to increase with each circle that we gain.

The Thought Adjuster is ready to show you how much it loves you and is eager to help you in your hardships of life. All you need is to ask.

PostPosted:  

Quote:
TUB is not very clear on the exact requirements on the seven circles, and I believe part of the reason is that we would not start comparing our progress with others.

Thats true, but they give us alot of hints as to what the different levels are all about. It's likely that most of us 99 percent are in the 7th circle area. I would imagine some elderly are in the 6th or perhaps 5th circle, but I doubt many humans on our world get any further than 5th, but I could be wrong.

As a 7th circler you have access to cosmic mind, so if very few human beings on the planet are using the cosmic mind which is accessible to the lower circle's we can only imagine how few humans have progressed past that.

Quote:
“But it is sad to record that so few persons on Urantia take delight in cultivating these qualities of courageous and independent cosmic thinking.” (16:6.9)

So if very few people are thinking cosmically, than its hard to imagine that any more than a few mortals have progressed the cosmic circles to any degree.

loveofrightdoing

PostPosted:  

boomshuka wrote:
Thats true, but they give us alot of hints as to what the different levels are all about. It's likely that most of us 99 percent are in the 7th circle area. I would imagine some elderly are in the 6th or perhaps 5th circle, but I doubt many humans on our world get any further than 5th, but I could be wrong.

So if very few people are thinking cosmically, than its hard to imagine that any more than a few mortals have progressed the cosmic circles to any degree.

Here are some relevant quotes:

49:6.8 2. Mortals of the individual orders of ascension. The individual progress of human beings is measured by their successive attainment and traversal (mastery) of the seven cosmic circles. These circles of mortal progression are levels of associated intellectual, social, spiritual, and cosmic-insight values. Starting out in the seventh circle, mortals strive for the first, and all who have attained the third immediately have personal guardians of destiny assigned to them. These mortals may be repersonalized in the morontia life independent of dispensational or other adjudications.

110:6.19 There is only an indirect relation between cosmic-circle attainment and actual spiritual religious experience; such attainments are reciprocal and therefore mutually beneficial. Purely spiritual development may have little to do with planetary material prosperity, but circle attainment always augments the potential of human success and mortal achievement.

110:7.1 The achievement of the seven cosmic circles does not equal Adjuster fusion. There are many mortals living on Urantia who have attained their circles; but fusion depends on yet other greater and more sublime spiritual achievements, upon the attainment of a final and complete attunement of the mortal will with the will of God as it is resident in the Thought Adjuster.

Based on that, I'd say that it is, indeed, possible to reach the first circle on Urantia.

PostPosted:  

I am convinced that on Urantia there are a number of people who have reached the 1 circle. Despite this I think it's more important to seek the will of the Father in everything we do. Lately permits twice on is easy to see that the will of the Father, but I'm trying anyway. After all, once reaching the 1 circle or in the distant future I do not think that is so vitally important. We have eternity in front of us and so we may console ourselves in the future even if today we can not achieve this high level.

PostPosted:  

Quote:
110:7.1 The achievement of the seven cosmic circles does not equal Adjuster fusion. There are many mortals living on Urantia who have attained their circles; but fusion depends on yet other greater and more sublime spiritual achievements, upon the attainment of a final and complete attunement of the mortal will with the will of God as it is resident in the Thought Adjuster.

Based on that, I'd say that it is, indeed, possible to reach the first circle on Urantia.

Yea of coarse its possible, its just there are very few of these people. Finding one would be like trying to find a needle in a haystack, I wouldn't go around searching the world for one you're entire life. I have never met a human being, nor heard of a human being who talks directly to their thought adjuster. I have heard some reader's claim it, but the ones who have claimed it have IMO proven to be the most unfruitfull of all urantia book reader's therefor it was pretty obvious they just ignorantly claimed this title. Here are just two experience's you will have as a 1st circler. 1. Direct communication with the adjuster and 2. Complete access to the cosmic mind, which includes an awareness of universe, a direct awareness of god etc etc.

Quote:

(1210.10) 110:6.15 The first circle. The Adjuster cannot, ordinarily, speak directly and immediately with you until you attain the first and final circle of progressive mortal achievement. This level represents the highest possible realization of mind-Adjuster relationship in the human experience prior to the liberation of the evolving morontia soul from the habiliments of the material body. Concerning mind, emotions, and cosmic insight, this achievement of the first psychic circle is the nearest possible approach of material mind and spirit Adjuster in human experience.

One must not forget that a 1st circler will also be utilizing the cosmic mind, and therefor be experiencing the following awareness.

(196.11) 16:9.15 Is it strange that the cosmic mind should be self-consciously aware of its own source, the infinite mind of the Infinite Spirit, and at the same time conscious of the physical reality of the far-flung universes, the spiritual reality of the Eternal Son, and the personality reality of the Universal Father?

I have never heard of a human being who was aware of all of these people, places and things and also in direct contact with their adjuster. I am not saying they don't exist though, just they are very very rear.

Quote:
1213.4) 110:7.9 While the voice of the Adjuster is ever within you, most of you will hear it seldom during a lifetime. Human beings below the third and second circles of attainment rarely hear the Adjuster’s direct voice except in moments of supreme desire, in a supreme situation, and consequent upon a supreme decision.

(1213.1) 110:7.6 But with the vast majority of Urantians the Adjuster must patiently await the arrival of death deliverance; must await the liberation of the emerging soul from the well-nigh complete domination of the energy patterns and chemical forces inherent in your material order of existence. The chief difficulty you experience in contacting with your Adjusters consists in this very inherent material nature. So few mortals are real thinkers; you do not spiritually develop and discipline your minds to the point of favorable liaison with the divine Adjusters. The ear of the human mind is almost deaf to the spiritual pleas which the Adjuster translates from the manifold messages of the universal broadcasts of love proceeding from the Father of mercies. The Adjuster finds it almost impossible to register these inspiring spirit leadings in an animal mind so completely dominated by the chemical and electrical forces inherent in your physical natures.

I would guess that alot of these 1st circler's probably have experienced thought adjusters as well, no doubt though they would probably be a great service to us if they could come out of the woodworks. Its just we should take caution when hearing claims of false prophets, there are alot of Urantia Book reader's opun reading the book initially self identify themselves as 1st circler's and this happens alot more than I originally believed, we have had a few on this website who's clear agenda was to share this with us. So in using the Urantia book we can sort of get a picture of what these people would be like, clearly they would be superhuman. They would be functioning on the superhuman levels of moralality, spirituality, and intellect.

Here is just a few points about Spiritual Fruit, we could definitely use these quotes to help differentiate between fruitfull and non-fruitfull teachers.

"The fruits of the spirit, your sincere and loving service, are the mighty social lever to uplift the races of darkness, and this Spirit of Truth will become your power-multiplying fulcrum." ~ Jesus, The Urantia Book, (178:1.4)

"Salvation is the free gift of God, but those who are born of the spirit will immediately begin to show forth the fruits of the spirit in loving service to their fellow creatures. And the fruits of the divine spirit which are yielded in the lives of spirit-born and God-knowing mortals are: loving service, unselfish devotion, courageous loyalty, sincere fairness, enlightened honesty, undying hope, confiding trust, merciful ministry, unfailing goodness, forgiving tolerance, and enduring peace."

loveofrightdoing

PostPosted:  

boomshuka wrote:
Yea of coarse its possible, its just there are very few of these people. Finding one would be like trying to find a needle in a haystack, I wouldn't go around searching the world for one you're entire life. I have never met a human being, nor heard of a human being who talks directly to their thought adjuster. I have heard some reader's claim it, but the ones who have claimed it have IMO proven to be the most unfruitfull of all urantia book reader's therefor it was pretty obvious they just ignorantly claimed this title.

So in using the Urantia book we can sort of get a picture of what these people would be like, clearly they would be superhuman. They would be functioning on the superhuman levels of moralality, spirituality, and intellect.

Yes, I definitely agree with you that 1st circlers are extremely rare, and I agree with you that anyone advertising themselves as one are most often very suspicious.

However, as for superhumanity, I would like to note that TUB says that they are only at the first morontia levels. Meaning that there is a whole lot of advancement coming after that. On Urantia, though, they would be considered superhuman.

As for myself, I have absolutely no idea where I stand. Though, the exact level is not as important as the possibility of advancement.

PostPosted:  

pertti wrote:
boomshuka wrote:
As for myself, I have absolutely no idea where I stand. Though, the exact level is not as important as the possibility of advancement.

I agree that what is important is the ability to feed more than 1 circle to reach the spot, it's not a race and how you are saying even if there are people in the circle 1 does not mean that you leave to find . The awareness itself would shelter them from potential hunters, unless in exceptional cases are required to coordinate the special operations