Urantia Book Forum

Urantia Book Discussion Board : Study Group
It is currently Fri Apr 03, 2020 11:39 pm +0000

All times are UTC - 7 hours

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 50 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next
PostPosted:  

Okay Rich. Maybe you are somehow normal. :) But please, stop flooding the forum with your posts..

Profile Send private message  
PostPosted:  

YES
Quality IS Better Than Quantity IMO

PostPosted:  

five a day for me. coincidentally 16:3.10 Master Spirit Number Five. This divine personality who exquisitely blends the character of the Universal Father and the Infinite Spirit is the adviser of that enormous group of beings known as the power directors, power centers, and physical controllers.

what a great job.

Bart wrote:
Okay Rich. Maybe you are somehow normal. :) But please, stop flooding the forum with your posts..

PostPosted:  

In regards to Soul-servival or Soul-death, i have had many conversation with U.B. readers and most every one seems to be of the mind that every one will be saved, i on the other hand have known persons that fit the life of a non-existant personality disire.

I have known persons that have lived their life fully self serving and with little regard to others. some have even been quite cruel. The emptyness of those persons fills the room when they enter.

But i do agree that the information in the U.B. leads me to believe that God will and Does give every human being every chance to make an informed decision before they no-longer exist.

PostPosted:  

I am just guessing but I would say there is a small percentage of people who don't survive maybe less than five percent.

There is one passage in u.b that always startles me with this topic though and that is the thought adjuster who has been in twenty five humans. It could be that some individuals don't survive on the mansion worlds..

Thehapyandefectivepersonismotivatednotbyfearofwrongdoingbutby
loveofrightdoing

PostPosted:  

I can't truly guess as to the percentage, but i have lived a life totally absorbed by survival, where every thought is so filled with me, me ,me, that it was an amazing moment when God finally reach my disfunctinal mind.

And if i think of all those children growing up in the horrors of war, anger, and all the absorbing greef, it would be a miracle for them to find grace.

I also think of children here in the so-called civilized world growing up in pain, due to the unfortunate draw of landing in the custady of inhumain parents turning them psycodic or some form of devient behavior. How is a thought Adjuster to mend those ills so early besieched in Childs mind.

I think the number could be higher than most would like to believe.

PostPosted:  

I definitely remember reading from TUB a passage that discusses the differences in the proportion of survived souls in worlds under rebellion and elsewhere. The passage stated that the proportion was higher in rebelled worlds. I think it also mentioned some numbers.

However, I am unable to find the passage in question. Can anyone help me find it? I have a vague memory that it would be somewhere between papers 80 and 120 but I could be wrong in that.

PostPosted:  

Pertti Quote
'' I definitely remember reading from TUB a passage that discusses the differences in the proportion of survived souls in worlds under rebellion and elsewhere. The passage stated that the proportion was higher in rebelled worlds. I think it also mentioned some numbers.''

I Dont recall Any U Paper That Says That ,
Yet I Could Be Wrong ,

Soul Survival Only Requires A Few Things

A Flicker of FAITH

And A NORMAL MIND

''The keys of the kingdom of heaven are: sincerity, more sincerity, and more sincerity. All men have these keys. Men use them — advance in spirit status — by decisions, by more decisions, and by more decisions. ''

to choose to do the will of God''

39:4.14 The keys of the kingdom of heaven are: sincerity, more sincerity, and more sincerity. All men have these keys. Men use them — advance in spirit status — by decisions, by more decisions, and by more decisions. The highest moral choice is the choice of the highest possible value, and always — in any sphere, in all of them — this is to choose to do the will of God. If man thus chooses, he is great, though he be the humblest citizen of Jerusem or even the least of mortals on Urantia.

PostPosted:  

Now, mistake not, my Father will ever respond to the faintest flicker of faith.

But you who have been called out of darkness into the light are expected to believe with a whole heart; your faith shall dominate the combined attitudes of body, mind, and spirit.

155:6.17 Now, mistake not, my Father will ever respond to the faintest flicker of faith. He takes note of the physical and superstitious emotions of the primitive man. And with those honest but fearful souls whose faith is so weak that it amounts to little more than an intellectual conformity to a passive attitude of assent to religions of authority, the Father is ever alert to honor and foster even all such feeble attempts to reach out for him. But you who have been called out of darkness into the light are expected to believe with a whole heart; your faith shall dominate the combined attitudes of body, mind, and spirit.

PostPosted:  

110:1.4 Adjusters are interested in, and concerned with, your daily doings and the manifold details of your life just to the extent that these are influential in the determination of your significant temporal choices and vital spiritual decisions and, hence, are factors in the solution of your problem of soul survival and eternal progress. The Adjuster, while passive regarding purely temporal welfare, is divinely active concerning all the affairs of your eternal future.

PostPosted:  

Ganid was becoming adept at sighting those who appeared to be in need. They found much poverty in this city and distributed many alms. But Ganid never understood the meaning of Jesus’ words when, after he had given a coin to a street beggar, he refused to pause and speak comfortingly to the man.

Said Jesus: “Why waste words upon one who cannot perceive the meaning of what you say? The spirit of the Father cannot teach and save one who has no capacity for sonship.” What Jesus meant was that the man was not of normal mind; that he lacked the ability to respond to spirit leading.

5:0.1 IF THE finite mind of man is unable to comprehend how so great and so majestic a God as the Universal Father can descend from his eternal abode in infinite perfection to fraternize with the individual human creature, then must such a finite intellect rest assurance of divine fellowship upon the truth of the fact that an actual fragment of the living God resides within the intellect of every normal-minded and morally conscious Urantia mortal. The indwelling Thought Adjusters are a part of the eternal Deity of the Paradise Father. Man does not have to go farther than his own inner experience of the soul’s contemplation of this spiritual-reality presence to find God and attempt communion with him.

34:5.4 When mind is thus endowed with the ministry of the Holy Spirit, it possesses the capacity for (consciously or unconsciously) choosing the spiritual presence of the Universal Father — the Thought Adjuster. But it is not until a bestowal Son has liberated the Spirit of Truth for planetary ministry to all mortals that all normal minds are automatically prepared for the reception of the Thought Adjusters. The Spirit of Truth works as one with the presence of the spirit of the Divine Minister. This dual spirit liaison hovers over the worlds, seeking to teach truth and to spiritually enlighten the minds of men, to inspire the souls of the creatures of the ascending races, and to lead the peoples dwelling on the evolutionary planets ever towards their Paradise goal of divine destiny.

52:5.6 Upon the resurrection of a bestowal Son, on the third day after yielding up his incarnated life, he ascends to the right hand of the Universal Father, receives the assurance of the acceptance of the bestowal mission, and returns to the Creator Son at the headquarters of the local universe. Thereupon the bestowal Avonal and the Creator Michael send their joint spirit, the Spirit of Truth, into the bestowal world. This is the occasion when the “spirit of the triumphant Son is poured out upon all flesh.” The Universe Mother Spirit also participates in this bestowal of the Spirit of Truth, and concomitant therewith there issues the bestowal edict of the Thought Adjusters. Thereafter all normal-minded will creatures of that world will receive Adjusters as soon as they attain the age of moral responsibility, of spiritual choice.

70:8.18 But these measures can bear their true fruits only in the distant millenniums of the future, although much social improvement will immediately result from the intelligent, wise, and patient manipulation of these acceleration factors of cultural progress. Religion is the mighty lever that lifts civilization from chaos, but it is powerless apart from the fulcrum of sound and normal mind resting securely on sound and normal heredity.

85:6.2 Early man regarded all unusual persons as superhuman, and he so feared such beings as to hold them in reverential awe; to some degree he literally worshiped them. Even having twins was regarded as being either very lucky or very unlucky. Lunatics, epileptics, and the feeble-minded were often worshiped by their normal-minded fellows, who believed that such abnormal beings were indwelt by the gods. Priests, kings, and prophets were worshiped; the holy men of old were looked upon as inspired by the deities.

108:2.3 Thus is the stage of the human mind set for the reception of Adjusters, but as a general rule they do not immediately appear to indwell such minds except on those worlds where the Spirit of Truth is functioning as a spiritual co-ordinator of these different spirit ministries. If this spirit of the bestowal Sons is present, the Adjusters unfailingly come the instant the seventh adjutant mind-spirit begins to function and signalizes to the Universe Mother Spirit that it has achieved in potential the co-ordination of the associated six adjutants of prior ministry to such a mortal intellect. Therefore have the divine Adjusters been universally bestowed upon all normal minds of moral status on Urantia ever since the day of Pentecost.

109:5.5 While the hereditary legacy of cerebral endowment and that of electrochemical overcontrol both operate to delimit the sphere of efficient Adjuster activity, no hereditary handicap (in normal minds) ever prevents eventual spiritual achievement. Heredity may interfere with the rate of personality conquest, but it does not prevent eventual consummation of the ascendant adventure. If you will co-operate with your Adjuster, the divine gift will, sooner or later, evolve the immortal morontia soul and, subsequent to fusion therewith, will present the new creature to the sovereign Master Son of the local universe and eventually to the Father of Adjusters on Paradise.

130:8.4 At last they reached Naples and felt they were not far from their destination, Rome. Gonod had much business to transact in Naples, and aside from the time Jesus was required as interpreter, he and Ganid spent their leisure visiting and exploring the city. Ganid was becoming adept at sighting those who appeared to be in need. They found much poverty in this city and distributed many alms. But Ganid never understood the meaning of Jesus’ words when, after he had given a coin to a street beggar, he refused to pause and speak comfortingly to the man. Said Jesus: “Why waste words upon one who cannot perceive the meaning of what you say? The spirit of the Father cannot teach and save one who has no capacity for sonship.” What Jesus meant was that the man was not of normal mind; that he lacked the ability to respond to spirit leading.

PostPosted:  

That also address an other post here, but it also give room to see that there could be many kinds of feeble minds, or damaged minds, in our time which we live, the Enviorment ( psyco-social) plays a great roll in mental health, an Ienstine would not fair as well in to-day slums as he did back in the early 1900's. he may have become a inventor, but not like we know today, but maybe n invento of a superior Meth. social ill plague our generations and i say we need a Pro-mental health movement more so than all these other divisive one we have today.

PostPosted:  

deleted

Last edited by As-Above-So-Below on Fri May 10, 2013 2:38 pm +0000, edited 1 time in total.

PostPosted:  

It is true that there are many dynamics that play a roll in the mental health of a person as you have shown with the upove.
I have long been an advicate of Maslow Self-actualization theroys, and believe it is up to us as a whole society to take to heart the importance of Fostering and Augmenting an enviorment that raises the highest potentials for quality out-comes.

PostPosted:  

deleted

Last edited by As-Above-So-Below on Fri May 10, 2013 2:37 pm +0000, edited 2 times in total.

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 50 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next