Urantia Book Forum

Urantia Book Discussion Board : Study Group
It is currently Mon Mar 30, 2020 4:04 pm +0000

All times are UTC - 7 hours




Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 50 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next
Author Message
PostPosted:  
Offline
User avatar

Joined: Sun Jun 20, 2004 12:40 pm +0000
Posts: 2565
The first jubilee marked the mortal agreement with the Thought Adjuster when the purpose to survive was sealed;


27:7.8 After the attainment of the supreme satisfaction of the fullness of worship, you are qualified for admission to the Corps of the Finality. The ascendant career is well-nigh finished, and the seventh jubilee prepares for celebration. The first jubilee marked the mortal agreement with the Thought Adjuster when the purpose to survive was sealed; the second was the awakening in the morontia life; the third was the fusion with the Thought Adjuster; the fourth was the awakening in Havona; the fifth celebrated the finding of the Universal Father; and the sixth jubilee was the occasion of the Paradise awakening from the final transit slumber of time. The seventh jubilee marks entrance into the mortal finaliter corps and the beginning of the eternity service. The attainment of the seventh stage of spirit realization by a finaliter will probably signalize the celebration of the first of the jubilees of eternity.


Top
 Profile Send private message  
Reply with quote  
PostPosted:  
Offline
User avatar

Joined: Sun Mar 13, 2011 4:35 am +0000
Posts: 535
Location: king of prussia, pa
it's quicker and easier and the internet's not that serious. 124:1.3 The most serious trouble as yet to come up at school occurred in late winter when Jesus dared to challenge the chazan regarding the teaching that all images, pictures, and drawings were idolatrous in nature.

now this was serious.

Bart wrote:
Rich. I just wonder, why don't you use capitals to start a sentence in your writings?


Top
 Profile Send private message  
Reply with quote  
PostPosted:  
Offline

Joined: Thu Feb 04, 2010 6:10 am +0000
Posts: 1945
rich.sachs wrote:
it's quicker and easier and the internet's not that serious. 124:1.3 The most serious trouble as yet to come up at school occurred in late winter when Jesus dared to challenge the chazan regarding the teaching that all images, pictures, and drawings were idolatrous in nature.

now this was serious.
Not using capitals at the start of sentences seems to me as if you are putting in extra effort to make your writing less readable and/or look childish. And this is a moderated forum, apparently with the objective to facilitate serious discussion of The Urantia Book.

In my opinion you are contaminating this forum with mostly non-informative, erroneous and/or absurd posts. Your above post is another example. You seem to admit that you have no intention to seriously discuss TUB. It’s quite obvious that your goal is to be a big nuisance by getting your name all over these boards primarily through replying to old threads, adding basically nothing. I wonder why you use (mostly) threads to which Joer contributed in the past for this purpose? To maximize irritation? :-s Or do you perhaps claim to be an admirer?

I also wonder how much longer truthbook’s administration will tolerate you here this time..


Top
 Profile Send private message  
Reply with quote  
PostPosted:  
Offline
User avatar

Joined: Sun Mar 13, 2011 4:35 am +0000
Posts: 535
Location: king of prussia, pa
it is possible to be so evil that you don't even get resurrected to the first mansion world. there's a line in tub about the thought adjuster leaves the human and that body just walks around until it expires, to be no more.

pertti wrote:
Actually, you don't even have to do that. All you need to do is let your Mystery Monitor guide you. Deciding to follow its guidance is the survival decision. It just gets deeper as time goes on, and when it is deep enough, you will get fused with your Mystery Monitor.


Top
 Profile Send private message  
Reply with quote  
PostPosted:  
Offline
User avatar

Joined: Sun Mar 13, 2011 4:35 am +0000
Posts: 535
Location: king of prussia, pa
your opinion's wrong. i seriously discuss tub. i know tub very well and i'd like to comment as much as possible and bring up old posts as i have the time to do it. i add much in my opinion, i add nothing in your humble opinion. i believe joer has passed away and obviously that has nothing to do with my posting. for you to say all this below is sickening to me. so i don't appreciate it not even a little bit.

Bart wrote:
Not using capitals at the start of sentences seems to me as if you are putting in extra effort to make your writing less readable and/or look childish. And this is a moderated forum, apparently with the objective to facilitate serious discussion of The Urantia Book.

In my opinion you are contaminating this forum with mostly non-informative, erroneous and/or absurd posts. Your above post is another example. You seem to admit that you have no intention to seriously discuss TUB. It’s quite obvious that your goal is to be a big nuisance by getting your name all over these boards primarily through replying to old threads, adding basically nothing. I wonder why you use (mostly) threads to which Joer contributed in the past for this purpose? To maximize irritation? :-s Or do you perhaps claim to be an admirer?

I also wonder how much longer truthbook’s administration will tolerate you here this time..


Top
 Profile Send private message  
Reply with quote  
PostPosted:  
Offline

Joined: Thu Feb 04, 2010 6:10 am +0000
Posts: 1945
rich.sachs wrote:
it is possible to be so evil that you don't even get resurrected to the first mansion world. there's a line in tub about the thought adjuster leaves the human and that body just walks around until it expires, to be no more. ...
Evil? I don’t know what your exact motives are. But I do know that you are playing some "sick" game here..


Top
 Profile Send private message  
Reply with quote  
PostPosted:  
Offline
Site Admin

Joined: Tue Oct 07, 2003 10:09 pm +0000
Posts: 1817
Rich,

It does appear that much of what you've posted is self-serving, and that it's been more important to you to see your name on a post than to provide useful content. Also, it's belittling to everyone who posts here to say that the internet is not a serious method of communication. It would be good if as you say you know TUB well, that what's written reflects that understanding and that you value an exchange of ideas.

Commenting on old posts is fine -- it helps to restart some of those topics that died long ago -- but it would be even better if the comments also add something of value.

Larry


Top
 Profile Send private message  
Reply with quote  
PostPosted:  
Offline

Joined: Sun Nov 27, 2011 2:40 pm +0000
Posts: 289
deleted


Last edited by As-Above-So-Below on Fri May 10, 2013 2:39 pm +0000, edited 1 time in total.

Top
 Profile  
Reply with quote  
PostPosted:  
Offline
User avatar

Joined: Sun Mar 13, 2011 4:35 am +0000
Posts: 535
Location: king of prussia, pa
112:3.1 Urantians generally recognize only one kind of death, the physical cessation of life energies; but concerning personality survival there are really three kinds:

1. Spiritual (soul) death. If and when mortal man has finally rejected survival, when he has been pronounced spiritually insolvent, morontially bankrupt, in the conjoint opinion of the Adjuster and the surviving seraphim, when such co-ordinate advice has been recorded on Uversa, and after the Censors and their reflective associates have verified these findings, thereupon do the rulers of Orvonton order the immediate release of the indwelling Monitor. But this release of the Adjuster in no way affects the duties of the personal or group seraphim concerned with that Adjuster-abandoned individual. This kind of death is final in its significance irrespective of the temporary continuation of the living energies of the physical and mind mechanisms. From the cosmic standpoint the mortal is already dead; the continuing life merely indicates the persistence of the material momentum of cosmic energies.

there's the quote i was looking for about a thought adjuster leaving before the human dies. you're just weird bart, i've made no such opinion of you and you have no right to make such an opinion of me unless you're just weird.

Bart wrote:
Evil? I don’t know what your exact motives are. But I do know that you are playing some "sick" game here..


Top
 Profile Send private message  
Reply with quote  
PostPosted:  
Offline
User avatar

Joined: Sun Mar 13, 2011 4:35 am +0000
Posts: 535
Location: king of prussia, pa
in your opinion larry, not in mine. i post much because i enjoy the book and this is what i would like to do with the time i have available. it does not interest me in the least to see my name. how serious is serious, it's serious enough, but not overly. all of the below is your opinion of me, i believe i post good stuff all the time.

lwatkins wrote:
Rich,

It does appear that much of what you've posted is self-serving, and that it's been more important to you to see your name on a post than to provide useful content. Also, it's belittling to everyone who posts here to say that the internet is not a serious method of communication. It would be good if as you say you know TUB well, that what's written reflects that understanding and that you value an exchange of ideas.

Commenting on old posts is fine -- it helps to restart some of those topics that died long ago -- but it would be even better if the comments also add something of value.

Larry


Top
 Profile Send private message  
Reply with quote  
PostPosted:  
Offline
User avatar

Joined: Sun Mar 13, 2011 4:35 am +0000
Posts: 535
Location: king of prussia, pa
what i post has value to some and others like bart and larry dislike it completely. i can't do anything about someone's opinion about me, but i know i haven't said or think the same opinion about them. i don't try to be or post anything, i just try to say what i think is good for me to say. i don't try to be a devil's advocate, if that's the way you see me, that's on you. my choice is to not use caps, it's that simple. whether any of you understand it or not, my only philosophy is doing god's will for myself.

As-Above-So-Below wrote:
Bart, I disagree with your assessment of rich's posts.
At one time in my life I entertained the idea of joining a religious order. Of all those that I reviewed the Jesuits were of my most liking. Their order played the role of the Devil's Advocate for the Church. However, their order required more qualifications than I had time to pursue at that time also, I decided to decline any order because I knew that I would have to elegance myself with a Church where I could not speck my mind as I saw fit.
I find that rich's posts may bring out those forum members who may have lost interest or in some cases faith in what they believe regardless of popular opinion.
As far as not using capitals, maybe rich does not have stick-key on his computer, or maybe he only has one hand, who knows?
When I was an active mainframe computer programmer with IBM - I met many extremely adequate programmers who typed with a mouth piece because they had no hands or were confined to a wheel chair. Their ability to perform above average work in a timely manor was not hindered by their disability. I do not know why rich does not use Cap's but I really don't care. It is what he has to say which I find interesting.
Thanks rich.


Top
 Profile Send private message  
Reply with quote  
PostPosted:  
Offline

Joined: Wed Nov 08, 2006 8:29 pm +0000
Posts: 2441
I have to admit its kind of nausiating seeing a hundred random posts every day by rich. Rich why don't you post all you're comments in one folder topic, that way you are not flooding the board.

_________________
StrongcharactersRnotderivedfromnotdoingwrongbutratherfrom
actuallydoingrightUnselfishnesisthebadgeofhumangreatnes
Thehighestlevelsofselfrealizationareatainedbyworshipandservice
Thehapyandefectivepersonismotivatednotbyfearofwrongdoingbutby
loveofrightdoing


Top
 Profile Send private message  
Reply with quote  
PostPosted:  
Offline

Joined: Tue Apr 05, 2011 11:52 am +0000
Posts: 92
rich.sachs wrote:
1. Spiritual (soul) death. If and when mortal man has finally rejected survival, when he has been pronounced spiritually insolvent, morontially bankrupt, in the conjoint opinion of the Adjuster and the surviving seraphim, when such co-ordinate advice has been recorded on Uversa, and after the Censors and their reflective associates have verified these findings, thereupon do the rulers of Orvonton order the immediate release of the indwelling Monitor.

there's the quote i was looking for about a thought adjuster leaving before the human dies. you're just weird bart, i've made no such opinion of you and you have no right to make such an opinion of me unless you're just weird.


Yes, I know that verse quite well. Reading from elsewhere in TUB, one can conclude that as long as you listen to your Adjuster, it will stay and guide you. Even occasional obstinence is not enough for this. Instead, you need to be beyond all salvation, before the spiritual death takes place.


Top
 Profile Send private message  
Reply with quote  
PostPosted:  
Offline
User avatar

Joined: Sun Mar 13, 2011 4:35 am +0000
Posts: 535
Location: king of prussia, pa
thanks for your opinion boom, it's not mine. what if there were a thousand posts here every minute and a million active tub readers using this forum? what would you do?

boomshuka wrote:
I have to admit its kind of nausiating seeing a hundred random posts every day by rich. Rich why don't you post all you're comments in one folder topic, that way you are not flooding the board.


Top
 Profile Send private message  
Reply with quote  
PostPosted:  
Offline
User avatar

Joined: Sun Mar 13, 2011 4:35 am +0000
Posts: 535
Location: king of prussia, pa
1:4.4 We are constantly confronted with this mystery of God; we are nonplused by the increasing unfolding of the endless panorama of the truth of his infinite goodness, endless mercy, matchless wisdom, and superb character.

the endless mercy of god makes this spiritual death of humans rare.

pertti wrote:
Yes, I know that verse quite well. Reading from elsewhere in TUB, one can conclude that as long as you listen to your Adjuster, it will stay and guide you. Even occasional obstinence is not enough for this. Instead, you need to be beyond all salvation, before the spiritual death takes place.


Top
 Profile Send private message  
Reply with quote  
Display posts from previous:  Sort by  
Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 50 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next

All times are UTC - 7 hours


Who is online

Registered users: Google [Bot]


You cannot post new topics in this forum
You cannot reply to topics in this forum
You cannot edit your posts in this forum
You cannot delete your posts in this forum
You can post attachments in this forum

Search for:
Jump to:  
Powered by phpBB® Forum Software © phpBB Group