Urantia Book Forum

Urantia Book Discussion Board : Study Group
It is currently Sun Apr 05, 2020 2:43 pm +0000

All times are UTC - 7 hours

Post new topic This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 49 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4
 Post subject:
PostPosted:  

Vann,

I see you don't like it when people respond in a condescending, dismissive, and otherwise arrogant manner.

KP, Chris, and Tramp have all received this "style" of response from you and no one appreciates it. That's why KP said:

Quote:
Now, let's DO the Book and stop with the sarcasm and cuts and "I know more than you know" attitudes and get on with the thread.

By the way, if I continue to not like your style, I will put you in the corner to rest and think about it.

You ask, Would He?

Yes, Would he, I would.

Now regarding your site, I ask,

Quote:
OK, other than a mass advertising campaign, or, the recommended as you pass by philosophy, what are you suggesting on your web site. I haven’t read anything there.

Have you posted this question on your site? What responses have you received? etc. Yes, I know it is a signature that promotes your site evertime you post. Therefore, you mention it everytime you post. Agreed?

Do you personally have any other ideas for improving the readership other than mass advertising, or, one-on-one?

Ray

Profile Send private message  

Post subject:
PostPosted:  

Ray,

It remains that my signature is just something that appears at the bottom of all of my posts, irregardless of the thread. You are the one trying to make something of it. I don't even think of it being there. It's just there not unlike anyone else's signature. The site provides for it's members to have a signature to tag along with their posts. If you don't care for that feature, you can take that up with Larry.

And yes I totally believe your threats to suspend me from this forum. You have the power. And I'm sure all the guests reading your comments admire your friendliness as well.

If I have more ideas to post regarding the topic I'll post them. Topic starters naturally make continuing comments about their ideas or concerns.

Your hospitality is overwhelming. Thank you.

http://z7.invisionfree.com/URANTIAFORUMS/index.php

Post subject:
PostPosted:  

OK Vann.

For the record, your welcome to post here anytime.

With friendliness and hospitality, Ray

Profile Send private message  

Post subject:
PostPosted:  

Thank you sincerely Ray

It all boils down to this and everyone forgive me please if this is a repetition.

We reader-believers who have this marvelous revelation....just plain love it. It becomes beyond words our joy in discovering this information and our praise for God and His Sons for making the decision to deliver it to us.

Surely we would likewise all more than anything wish that everyone else know this joy themselves, but they don't.

I am not asking everyone to agree with my viewpoint of taking more aggressive or drastic measures to help get the word out to everyone, this is only discussion about it....but we have to at some point ask ourselves how we can do a better job of advancing this cause. And it is a cause. For example the Urantia Foundation has stated in the past they will publicize the book when they feel that enough persons in their estimation know about the book. When enough Study Groups and Urantia Societies are in place ect....that is one opinion-stance which is fine.

It remains something of a shame that the UB is the best kept secret on the planet.

I don't think it should be. I think we are failing all of those longing truth seekers out there who don't know it exists.

I am certain that the Spirit, in one form or another, directly led me into the circumstance which connected me with the UB. A friend of mine had the book. I believe the Spirit led me to to go to this friend and ask him the questions which led to him showing the book to me.

But my friend also knew that I was in a "spiritually seeking phase" at the time and I will contend that he should of offered it to me himself without me asking. But he didn't. He didn't act, so "God" had to step in and do something extraordinary for my benefit to make this connection happen. I was ready to receive the book, He made sure I got it. And for that I am entirely grateful mind you, but it didn't have to come to that.

I always am on the lookout for persons - anywhere - anytime with whom I believe I can at least attempt to share this revelation with. And I always keep extra copies of the book to give them if they will take it.

We must do more, with our hands and hearts, to further this revelation. Kicking back and saying....oh God is in charge....He'll handle everything.....is just plain laziness if not indolence.

"The weak indulge in resolutions, but the strong act. Life is but a day's work - do it well. The act is ours; the consequences God's." pg 556

I thank everyone for their heartfelt participation! We're all in this boat together.

Vann

http://z7.invisionfree.com/URANTIAFORUMS/index.php

Post new topic This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 49 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4