Urantia Book Forum

Urantia Book Discussion Board : Study Group
It is currently Sun Nov 17, 2019 11:17 am +0000

All times are UTC - 7 hours

Post subject: CHRISTMAS PARTIES
PostPosted:  

OK, this may be a little off subject (Urantia-wise), but HEY! It’s Christmas-time! (Web-master, feel free to administer the smack-down here at your discretion). We just had the most AWESOME Christmas party! You guys were all invited… sorry I forgot to send invitations. :shock: We had a “White Elephant” give-away for the adults, and an ornament exchange for the young-ens. Santa AL himself was on hand to greet the guests and take a few small children up on his knee, and there was an open bar in the back arbor to loosen up tongues and free up some inhibitions. Sadly, despite its visible presence on the mantle, the UB got scant attention paid to it. Oh well, maybe next year. :roll:

But the purpose of this thread is… What kinds of parties are you going to go to this Christmas season??? Work socials, visiting friends, or something more intimate? I hope you have fun!

Al
:mrgreen:

Profile Send private message  
 Post subject:
PostPosted:  

Hmmm… Not the most festive bunch here…

People. Let’s not forget one of the MOST IMPORTANT principals found in the UB that is GETTING OUT THERE! While it is all very well to sit around, contemplating our collective navels, trying to divine the current cosmic principal of discussion whilst breaking off & hurling around brick sized digital chunks out of our favorite latest revelation, it is WAY MORE important to get out there and live life.

Remember that the Master would pull the apostles away for brief periods of time for reflection but then would thrust them back into the masses, for the soul of man needs spiritual exercise as well as spiritual reflection.

So come on people! Lighten up and shake a leg! Pull up a metaphoric chair and share. Let’s talk story! This is our ONE CHANCE in eternity to actually live the life of an evolutionary will creature, so let not a moment escape without living it to the fullest. This short existence will be over in a cosmic instant… let’s get out there and rub shoulders with mankind, get down and dirty in day to day experience of life on this crazy world. Let’s be those shining beacons of spirituality which draws God hungry individuals like moths to a flame!

PS… What-cha doing for Christmas?

Al

Post subject:
PostPosted:  

This evolutionary will creature will hopefully get to sleep until at least 5:30am, will take my dog out to pee, put out food for the stray cats, crawl back into bed with coffee, spend some time enjoying the peace and quiet...then will get up, shower, take my dog out for a long walk, then hit the road and hopefully be finished with errands by 2-3pm...might take a nap, do some chores and go to bed early in order to get up and go to work the next day.

Somewhere in there I will make a few stops to drop off gifts.

Doesn't sound too earth-shaking does it? But I promise to smile and be sweet!

Peace
and Joy!

Jo

Post subject:
PostPosted:  

My company christmas party is this Saturday. Also, my family christmas party is the same night. I am going to my company Christmas party, it will be a more enjoyable time for me. I come from a large family, 5 sisters 2 brother (one bother died many years ago). I do not enjoy myself at my family Christmas. I always went when my Mom & Dad were alive, but I don't go anymore. I love my brothers & sisters, would do anything for them, but as unchristian as it sounds, if they were not family I don't think I would be choosing them as friends. The company Christmas party should be a pretty good time. A really nice meal, lots & lots of nice door prizes and Kareoke. I will have to watch how much I drink or else I will "Think", that I can sing "White Rabbit" as good as Gracie Slick. So I am going to have to stick to soft drinks or put a small limit on my drinking. I will let you know next week if I made a fool of myself and have to regret going.
Well you wanted to know so there you have it.
Debbie

Post subject:
PostPosted:  

I just wanted to thank the people who bothered to respond to my post here.

I know that I’m not the most “Wow, Cosmic” kind of guy, but I do espouse the truths of the Urantia Book. And I try to live the life of the believer. And from what I’ve seen so far this season, there in not a whole lot of joy here, in Mudville (Truth Book), this time of year…

Well guess what? That is when most of humanity celebrates the birthday of my Master Jesus, the risen Christ, the Son of God and the Son of Man. So what if this was not the guy’s birthday??? Remember, the strong should not look with disdain upon the weak, AND SO SHOULD THE KNOWLEDGED AND EMPOWERED NOT LOOK WITH DISDAIN UPON THE MASSES! Yes, Christmas has become some sort of commercial circus, yes materialism has bankrupted what should have been a joyous spiritual celebration, and yes, Christmas is garish, obnoxious and shallow. But who cares! I’m out there, rubbing shoulders with the multitude, giving love to whomever I meet. I so enjoy being that shining beacon of hope, which draws those spirit hungry moths like a flame, sucks em in like bugs to the windshield of a semi rolling down the highway! And the greatest thing is, they never knew what hit them. Big smile, happy hello, “Merry Christmas”, and open the door for them at the Mall. Hey, 99% of the world might be faking it, but for me, it’s the real deal.

I am LOVE SATURATED AND SERVICE MOTIVATED! And Christmas time puts me into OVERDRIVE, BABY!

Remember, the Urantia Book is not about sitting around, being a hermit, and burying your head in the sand (on in the book, for that matter). It’s about getting out there and being the person you always wanted yourself to be. It’s about the BROTHERHOOD OF MAN, under THE FATHERHOOD OF GOD. I say, if you are so busy reading and contemplating the deep truths of the Urantia Book, that you forget to go out and live the life of a Believer, you missed the point of the whole book. Time and time again, the authors warn us of the dangers of seclusion, of isolation. Listen, you guys are gonna have an eternity to meet angels and progress the circles of deity attainment. You only have A FEW SHORT YEARS to live here, now, on Uranita, one of the most amazing and challenging places in the Universe of Universes. And you don’t want to be one of those guys who say, someday when you’re hanging out in the equivalent of the bar, shooting the breeze with a bunch of seraphim, cherubim and other groovy celestial types… “Naw, I never bothered to live to the fullest of my ability when I was on Urantia… I just buried my head in the Uranita Book and tried to hide”. I mean, what kind of talking story would that be?

Plus, my wife and kids would kill me if I tried to poop out at Christmas time…
:mrgreen:

Post subject:
PostPosted:  

Brother Al wrote:
Quote:
What kinds of parties are you going to go to this Christmas season???

Family, family family. This is a big time of the year for our extended family. We get to see people we may not have seen all year some for several years But we've had our gathering yearly for over 60 years now.
Bringing in the new kids. We'll be missing some relatives that can't make it because of the bad economy and lack of funds, others because of the Ice and snow. But they are not forgotten.

My cousin gave me a 110 year old portrait of our great-grandmother today, that she just had cleaned and remounted with new backing in the original frame and curved beveled glass. We started a tradition last year of drawing straws each year to see who gets to keep the portrait next. Behind her portrait in the antique frame are other family portraits including our great-great-grandmother. I'll be taking lots of family genealogy materials and information to share with those interested and to add the three or four children born this year to the tree.

May God's Love be with you All, along with all your family, friends, pets, and love ones.

Christ's Peace be with you.

Post subject:
PostPosted:  

Quote:
But true religion is a living love, a life of service. The religionist's detachment from much that is purely temporal and trivial never leads to social isolation, and it should not destroy the sense of humor. Genuine religion takes nothing away from human existence, but it does add new meanings to all of life; it generates new types of enthusiasm, zeal, and courage. It may even engender the spirit of the crusader, which is more than dangerous if not controlled by spiritual insight and loyal devotion to the commonplace social obligations of human loyalties. p1100:7 100:6.5

The Father is living love, and this life of the Father is in his Sons. And the spirit of the Father is in his Son's sons—mortal men. p2097:3 196:3.32

MSQ

Last edited by Bonita on Sat Mar 21, 2009 7:42 am +0000, edited 1 time in total.

Post subject:
PostPosted:  
Site Admin

Friday the 19th was Mo and Jennifer Siegel's annual Christmas Party for the combined participants in their Tuesday evening study group and Chris Halvorson's Friday night study group. The party was as the Siegel's home and about 60 people participated having drinks and appetizers followed by a great meal and, not for want of trying, pretty much off-key singing of traditional Christmas carols. It was a warm, chatty and friendly group, as always a great way to bring the year to a close to begin to start anew.
Larry

Post subject:
PostPosted:  

lwatkins wrote:
Friday the 19th was Mo and Jennifer Siegel's annual Christmas Party for the combined participants in their Tuesday evening study group and Chris Halvorson's Friday night study group. The party was as the Siegel's home and about 60 people participated having drinks and appetizers followed by a great meal and, not for want of trying, pretty much off-key singing of traditional Christmas carols. It was a warm, chatty and friendly group, as always a great way to bring the year to a close to begin to start anew.
Larry

Thank You Larry. And God Bless Mo and all for everything they do to spread the word of TUB.

Peace and Good Will to all here. Merry Christmas you all. Visitors and posters alike. Let us be ONE in all of our diversity All included. No One is left out. Peace to the World. :smile:

Post subject:
PostPosted:  

Thanks everyone!
I really appreciate the response!

Just so ya know...
I took advantage of the GREAT $8.00 price and purchased 5 paperback UB's from the Foundation (?). Two got mailed for Christmas... one to my favorite aunt and one to my favorite cousin! Hoping for the best here, both are Buddhists and are pretty spiritual, spacy types… should be a good fit! :smile:

The other 3 I am saving till the time is right. 8)

So thank you for the turn on for cheap Uranita Books and for responding so kindly to my little thread.

GOD LOVES US! Now if THAT’S not a reason to celebrate Christmas, I don’t know what is!!!! :mrgreen: :mrgreen: :mrgreen:

Al

Post subject:
PostPosted:  

Where did you find TUB for 8.00? I would like to buy me another one, I lent mine out.
Debbie

Post subject:
PostPosted:  

MERRY CHRISTMAS DEB!!!

STACY WROTE:
If anyone needs UB's, Tamara at +1-773-525-3319 is selling the paperbacks with the old (blue) covers for $ 8.00. The new paperbacks jump to $22.95.

HOWEVER!
I WOULD RECCOMEND THE HARDCOVER WITH THE DVD. If you have an MP3 ready player you can listen to it in your car. (I get about 14-16 papers on each CD I burn).
It's a great way to start the day!
Al

Love Al