Urantia Book Forum

Urantia Book Discussion Board : Study Group
It is currently Thu Dec 12, 2019 3:10 pm +0000

All times are UTC - 7 hours

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 226 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 10, 11, 12, 13, 14, 15, 16  Next

Are women treated different than men on the internet?
Yes 65%  65%  [ 11 ]
No 35%  35%  [ 6 ]
Total votes : 17
 Post subject:
PostPosted:  

Hi Claire,

How refreshing to hear a new voice. Welcome.

iris

Last edited by Bonita on Fri Apr 11, 2008 6:54 am +0000, edited 1 time in total.

Profile Send private message  
 Post subject:
PostPosted:  

Welcome Claire...glad to have you aboard.

Sounds like you have been hurt deeply. I hear fear in your words. It is so natural to be angry when we are hurt. But hopefully we move through anger and get some where closer to peace as we refuse to give in to fear. Time seems to be a healer as well as meditation on Jesus' comforting words. Jesus does not want us to get "stuck" in a victim mode. He wants to heal us. I've also found it very helpful to talk to people who have made it through and are experiencing "the peace that surpasses all understanding". This elicits hope in my own journey.

So, fear not, Jo. Many of us (women and men) have suffered injustices, losses, injuries and assaults and by the Grace of God and much work we have come through stronger more compassionate human beings. My personal experience truly is, "what don't kill you will make you stronger".

I couldn't agree w/you more. But you seem to have heard something I didn't write. That "victim" mentality that you believe I'm stuck in...is years gone. My "anger" comes from working with, walking with, and encouraging women on a daily basis, and on a personal level...in an effort to help them change their perception in that very thinking. That means a change in their experience of living and that can often be more frightening than staying in their current position of fear. At least their current situation is familiar.

My personal experience truly is, "what don't kill you will make you stronger".

Exactly. And as grateful as I am to be rid of that insanity, I feel even more obligated to reach back and be that stepping stone for the next woman...so that she will be able to reach back and hold out her hand and pull the next woman out of that muck. Some very wise and well-lived women reached back for me...it is now my duty to do the same.

At times it feels never ending and there are times when it just simply uses me up. I then have to step back and place myself in the position of being refueled. If I'm remembering correctly, Gerdean has mentioned being in that position at times (but she has the gift of words and can explain this much better than I'm trying to do). Each time is a little different, and each time I gain a new insight and strength...so there is no wasted effort (except in this non-stop crazy mind of mine).

There are times, and I have no doubt there will continue to be times, when I speak out from that frustration and anger, especially when I hear some otherwise intelligent women dismiss this reality of violence as unimportant...that can really set me off.

I believe that if you've been there, if you have learned from it and have been released from that victim mentality...then you're in the unique position of realistically being able to help. I feel very strongly that we are responsible in carrying the Truth to those who are still victims. We need only open our eyes and look at that broken spirit in front of us. We don't have to be "holy" and we don't have to have all the answers...we need only begin to see beyond our own pretty little world. It isn't all about me anymore...I made it out, thanks to other women. My healing has come by witnessing another woman regain her spirit...and come alive!

This may not work for others, but it is the only way I can live w/in my own skin. Anything less would betray the knowledge and freedom that have been so freely given to me.

Keep on posting, Claire. You're a welcome addition!

Peace
Jo

I just re-read that and it kinda sounded like I was making myself out to be some Mother Thersa out on the streets rescuing every lost soul...not so. My world is not that large (but it's growing). And it's only growing b/c of what I have been given...from God through others. I don't have to "try" to see the broken spirits...those dead eyes w/no hope. They are extremely visible to me now. It can be heartbreaking to witness, especially when I'm unable to be of use, when they are locked away inside. But if I see a glimmer of the heart reaching out for help, it isn't possible to turn away now. It just happens...connection is made between us...and that connection, I believe, is our spirits w/in guiding us. It has little to do w/my efforts either. I'm on board and need only go along for the ride, or not. The invitations to participate in life are plentiful...but when I was the one who was the victim, I couldn't see that.

I guess this is my passion...and it is pure gift.
Don't be surprised or offended if I speak out on it again :!:

Post subject:
PostPosted:  

Wow!

Last edited by Bonita on Tue Jun 17, 2008 2:28 pm +0000, edited 1 time in total.

Post subject:
PostPosted:  

I don't get it, JoeR. After all this talk, I guess I still don't know what we are talking about. If it is about "dual" -- what "dual" are we referring to?

When we are born, as creatures of the realm, we are first suckled and nurtured by the mother -- and this contact teaches us that IT IS A FRIENDLY UNIVERSE. When we are old enough to be guided and led by the father -- this contact teaches us that GOD IS LOVING AND JUST. So these two basic sexes teach two basic lessons that affect us eternally.

Spiritually speaking, within us each is the Mother Spirit. She lives in us through our seven adjutant mind spirits. The Mother encircuits us in the spirit of intuition (which is not only women's intuition; men have intuition, too). Both men and women have the spirit of understanding. Women can and do understand men and men can and do understand women well enough to function, even though the manner in which their thought processes work may be wired differently. Both men and women have the spirit of courage. Both men and women have the spirit of knowledge; we know when we have done something stupid, or something endearing. Both women and men have the spirit of counsel, although it would seem women use it more because they talk so much more than men, usually, and yet we both know how to talk things out, talk things over, and that is a gift of the Mother Spirit. Men and women both have a spirit of worship; we begin to perceive there is something worthy of the adoration of all (even though it may be different). [She may adore jewelry; he may adore football. :shock: ] And both women and men have the spirit of wisdom which is an aspect of the Mother Spirit, through which we bring all our experiential wisdom to the fore and try to make a go of it -- whatever "it" is.

In this way we encounter the Divine Mother FIRST. She brings us up and into an awareness sufficient for the Spirit of Truth to function, and the Spirit of Truth is our first introduction to the Spirit of the Son. "This is the way." And as we follow "the Way," we are led by the Spirit into the presence of God the Father. It's ultra simple.

We can complicate it from here by going into the cosmos, comparing ourselves to the celestials, or by going into the chromosomes, looking at our own male and female hormones, but the fact remains we are here, we are human, we are male and female and neither one should be put on a pedestal. Furthermore, BOTH MEN AND WOMEN SHOULD LOWER THE TOILET SEAT! :!: Like the refrigerator door, it should remain closed at all times, unless it is being utilized.

Post subject:
PostPosted:  

Gerdean, you crack me up!

Last edited by Bonita on Tue Jun 17, 2008 2:29 pm +0000, edited 2 times in total.

Post subject:
PostPosted:  

Iris said:
Quote:
In reality, as we progress spiritually, we are subject to a dual sevenfold spirit influence...
Oh no! :shock: Not dual sevenfold! And here I was having trouble with dual two!

Yes, you are right, I do tend to "gloss over" reference to Holy Spirit. And I have no doubt in my mind that such avoidance is a prejudicial left-over from my early churchification. I know the Holy Spirit is "Mother Spirit," one that ministers, the Divine Minister, even the Third Person of Paradise Trinity, Universal Mind. But when I think of the "Holy Spirit" my mind sees it as "Holy Ghost" and I see Christ hanging on the cross, with blood dripping off him, and that whole frame of reference gives me the heebie-jeebies. It is just easier for me if I don't use that phrase.

If you will recall my sharing about the time I realized my earth mother was not ever going to be able to comfort me as I needed comforted, and at that point I was enveloped by the Divine Minister, the Mother Spirit, -- as you say, "the Creative Daughter of the Paradise Infinite Spirit." I succumbed to Her at once, knowing She was my true Mother, my Eternal Mother and true Spirit Source, and that She loved me with an Infinite Love. I just opt not to call her Holy Spirit.

Frankly, I call Her Nebadonia, in honor of Her universe, where we reside, but that's one frame of reference it does not pay to advertise.

Post subject:
PostPosted:  

Howdy Claire! Like the others I’m enchanted that you have joined in the conversation. I like your description of your spiritual nature and some insight into your life. Like Iris says, it is refreshing. Bless you, your husband and your family Claire.

I hope you enjoy as I do the caring spirit we express toward one another as we share our humble opinions with one another in the interest of spiritual growth and camaraderie. As you can see if you read the different threads we might break down to fighting like cats and dogs now and then (well maybe a little more than “now and then” :smile: ). But it is out of good intent. Well if you will excuse me, I have to jump back into the fray. :shock:

I don’t want to stay in the book, I don’t want to stay in the ideal, I don’t want to stay in the Intellectual truth. I want to talk about HOW WE LIVE OUT THAT TRUTH. I Want to go back and forth between learning the truth and living the truth. In terms of living it and understanding it from a feminine expression.

Like Jo says:
Quote:
I feel even more obligated to reach back and be that stepping stone for the next woman...so that she will be able to reach back and hold out her hand and pull the next woman out of that muck. Some very wise and well-lived women reached back for me...it is now my duty to do the same.
Jo is telling us How the Truth we are talking about is lived out through her in her life. That’s what’s touching.

Yes I know all about the genderless expression of GOD. BUT I also know there is a GENDER expression of GOD. And I know Feminine and Female, Mother and Daughter, Sister and Teacher are part of that GENDER Expression of God. And I No longer want to deny it’s existence and marginalize it by saying it is NOT AS IMPORTANT as the genderless expression of God…. It is important to me.

I will no longer deny my Mother. I will no longer deny my Sister. I will No Longer deny my Feminine God. :smile:

Gerdean says:
Quote:
In this way we encounter the Divine Mother FIRST. She brings us up and into an awareness sufficient for the Spirit of Truth to function, and the Spirit of Truth is our first introduction to the Spirit of the Son. "This is the way." And as we follow "the Way," we are led by the Spirit into the presence of God the Father. It's ultra simple.

We can complicate it from here by going into the cosmos, comparing ourselves to the celestials, or by going into the chromosomes, looking at our own male and female hormones, but the fact remains we are here, we are human, we are male and female and neither one should be put on a pedestal. Furthermore, BOTH MEN AND WOMEN SHOULD LOWER THE TOILET SEAT! Like the refrigerator door, it should remain closed at all times, unless it is being utilized.

It is ultra simple….to understand… But How about to live it? How many people on this earth are proclaiming the Mother of God and the things She brings to us?

In terms of lowering the seat, How many men in this world do it? Sure we can all claim we know the IDEAL. But why can’t we share how we live that ideal in real life. We all accept the ideal that the coming visitation to our planet could be a female as easily as a male form as well as anything else.

And yet we shouldn’t worry about the form of the coming visitation and continue to prepare the ground for the Master’s Coming. How many of you in thinking of the Master’s Coming right now thought of a WOMAN? How well am I doing in preparing the ground for my Master’s coming if when She gets here She’s treated like a woman is treated by us? And being the Savior that she is She will take on the Gender Sin of the world and ask Our Father to “forgive us because we know not what we do”, when we do what we do to women. :(

If I’m not preparing my brother’s and sister’s for that eventuality am I really serving my God? Would She forgive me if I could envision this possible tragedy ahead of time and did nothing to try to prevent it from happening? She would forgive me! But could I forgive myself?

Iris wrote:
Quote:
Gerdean, you crack me up! And men should replace the toilet paper and clean the bowl and sink too! (I live in an all male house, we're working on this).

This is it. This is those nuts and bolts I’m talking about. How many of us men clean the Toilet bowl? Get the brush and PineSol or your favorite cleaning solution, dump it in the toilet swish it around, scrub it down, rinse it off, wipe it down. Or clean-up the water splashed all around the wash basin or hang up the towels, or wipe the water droplets of the glass shower door, or off the tile walls, etc. etc. etc.

Or do we just let the woman do it. Including that urine we left on the floor around the base of the toilet or on the seat when we missed the bowl or a male kid in the family didn’t lift the seat up when he went to the bathroom. Or when you tell him about it, all the males just laugh and the female beside herself goes to angrily clean it up.

How do we serve God by serving our Partner?

It’s goes from the floor around the base of the toilet all the way back up to the seat of heaven and back down to us again. It goes back to Jesus’ teaching “what you do to others you do to me. “

“Whoops I missed! I got a little on the floor around the Toilet. Oh that’s alright Jesus will get it.” And Jesus in his Divine humility and Love for us, kneels down on the floor and cleans our urine up for us, Even as do our women.

Yes our Divine Mother is thoroughly expressed in Spirit. And yes I remember Gerdean’s touching post of her Embrace from our Divine Mother. It was beautiful. And Iris’ wonderful portrayal through TUB words of our Divine Mother as the Holy Spirit preparing us for the receipt of the Father’s Spirit Fragment, As a babe in it’s mother’s womb being prepared for it’s birth into the world.

Gerdean said:
Quote:
Iris said:
Quote:
In reality, as we progress spiritually, we are subject to a dual sevenfold spirit influence...

Oh no! Not dual sevenfold! And here I was having trouble with dual two!

Frankly, I call Her Nebadonia, in honor of Her universe, where we reside, but that's one frame of reference it does not pay to advertise.

That’s’Right. No advertising. :smile: God’s blessing to All! Amen/Awoman

Post subject:
PostPosted:  

This is the language I understand!

You broke it down real clear, Joer....
Quote:
It’s goes from the floor around the base of the toilet all the way back up to the seat of heaven and back down to us again. It goes back to Jesus’ teaching “what you do to others you do to me. “

“Whoops I missed! I got a little on the floor around the Toilet. Oh that’s alright Jesus will get it.” And Jesus in his Divine humility and Love for us, kneels down on the floor and cleans our urine up for us, Even as do our women.

I doubt that anyone with half of a functioning brain would fail to understand what you meant.

This is the first post on this forum that I could physically hear while I was reading the words...loud and clear. Do I have permission to copy the entire post (for positive reasons only)?

Peace
Jo

Post subject:
PostPosted:  

Wow, I have to say something here. I am totally underwhelmed with the direction of this discussion. Joe, I am surprized you have such a low expectation and opinion of the men on this forum in your advocacy for women. I guess we need to take a poll - how many men - living with a woman - clean up around the house, including the bathroom. I think you might be surprized. This is really a matter of common courtesy (helping around the house) rather than a matter of spiritual deficiency on the part of men - denying the feminine aspects of God.

Just in case I'm not getting it again, I'll put this request in to all the men and women reading these discussions - even though I think it is unnecessary.

MEN - PUT THE TOILET SEAT DOWN. CLEAN UP AFTER YOURSELF. HELP IN THE KITCHEN - LOAD AND UNLOAD THE DISWASHER WITHOUT BEING ASKED. PICK UP YOUR SOCKS AND UNDERWEAR AND PUT THEM IN THE HAMPER - IF YOU SEE SOME OF HER CLOTHERS ON THE FLOOR, PICK THEM UP TOO. TELL YOUR WOMAN YOU LOVE HER - OFTEN.

WOMEN - DITTO.

All the best, Ray

Post subject:
PostPosted:  

Quote:
How many of you in thinking of the Master’s Coming right now thought of a WOMAN? How well am I doing in preparing the ground for my Master’s coming if when She gets here She’s treated like a woman is treated by us?

HUH?

Last edited by Bonita on Tue Jun 17, 2008 2:30 pm +0000, edited 2 times in total.

Post subject:
PostPosted:  

Joer, I stand by what I said:

Quote:
I doubt that anyone with half of a functioning brain would fail to understand what you meant.

But it may take awhile for it to sink in...

Folks, this was the most basic example he could use...BASIC EXAMPLE of taking what we supposedly have learned from the UB and applying it at a human every day level.

Thirteen pages of posts on "Understanding women is more fully comprehending God" and when someone tries to get down to the messiness of our efforts in actually applying what we "talk" about, by holding up the mirror to an example of an everyday occurrence, they're ridiculed.

As far as Christ being referred to as female...maybe b/c of my background and Christ's nurturing spirit, I have grown comfortable w/referring to Him as brother, father, mother and sister. He is not one dimensional, or locked into a gender. I believe the UB is also very clear on this.

The snide personal attack on Joer only exposes the fear level of the person leveling the remarks. Maybe a moment to reflect a little on the reasons for these knee-jerk reactions...could this be suggested? Break it down for ourselves instead of shooting the messenger...maybe? This is actually what this topic is about...our personal reactions and how we live out of our narrow perceptions. It isn't a blame game.

Staying in our heads w/the "words and ideas" garnered from the UB is great, if one doesn't want to learn how to apply the truths in their daily living experiences.

It is only in living the Truths down here on the planet, messy as it may be, that the fruits of the Spirit are revealed.

Peace
Jo

Post subject:
PostPosted:  

Jo you can copy what ever you like. It's a public forum. Thank you very much for asking. I just saw your last post. I'm fine Jo. I really am. Love your brothers and sisters every chance you get. This life here is very short, and they are very precious. Bless You. :smile:
Quote:
Wow, I have to say something here. I am totally underwhelmed with the direction of this discussion. Joe, I am surprized you have such a low expectation and opinion of the men on this forum in your advocacy for women.

I appreciate you identifying with me Ray. But I’m not talking about you or any other man at this forum specifically. I’m talking about myself. And I’m talking about ALL the men in the world who LIKE ME are failing or who have failed in the past to give women proper recognition and value for their representation of God and our Savior. As they exist in their physical and spiritual forms.
My questions are not addressed to the men of this forum specifically BUT to ALL men in general. as you can see by this excerpt of a recent post
Quote:
In terms of lowering the seat, How many men in this world do it?

I would hold the men in this forum to much higher expectations in their fair, just and exemplary treatment of women. A standard that would be determined by much more then the mundane tasks that we do daily in honor of God and our own self maintenance.

Iris wrote:
Quote:
Joer, I respect your need to develop your feminine side, but to call Christ a "she" made my stomach do a flip flop. No offense, but you just yucked me out. My psyche can't handle it. I think if God wanted me to think of Christ as a "she", he would have had him incarnate as a "she" the first time around.

After all the effort our Master took to give us mutual respect for male and female. And after the TUB excerpts I posted as evidence of our Master’s female essence. Still would we reject him if he appeared to us as a woman. He as a She would sicken us to the center of our physical being. After He said “what ever you do to the least on mine you do to me.” Yet still instead of treating a HER as we would treat HIM. We vomit at HER who is the Female Pattern of HIM. It does sadden me that we cannot see beyond gender enough to see and honor a HER as we see and honor HIM. Especially after he asked us to do just that. I felt so ignorant when I asked these questions:

Quote:
How about the idea that there's this feminine pattern contained within The Son? it seems to me we are still overlooking that. What do you think?

So my main question to all here is can our next major important celestial visitor be a female of the dual origin type in a Teacher-Son category?

And gave this reference for where I got this understanding:

And then we have this interesting excerpt where a [b]"Material Daughter"
is a direct descent creation of a Creator Son. And is an expression of the creator Sons "original dual origin". I believe this is related to the Mother/ Son aspect of Jesus. So the male and female pattern are both descendent from HIM. And we must remember NOTHING material can exist without the Mother's input. And while it is a "custom" to call descendent from the Father and Son, "sons". And forms from the Spirit, daughters. If a "Material Daughter" is being referred to as a SON when referred to in the plural form of Her Kind, So couldn't a Daughter also be referred to as a SON in the Teacher category of SON? (Teacher-SON). Like it is in the Material Son category? Or for that matter in any SON category?

Quote:
P.415 - §1...then does the Creator Son personalize in dual form his last concept of being, thus finally confirming his own and original dual origin. In and of himself he then creates the beautiful and superb Sons and Daughters of the material order of universe sonship. This is the origin of the original Adam and Eve of each local system of Nebadon. They are a reproducing order of sonship, being created male and female.

And then many posters responded as if I was boring them as if it was obvious that Christ as the Creator Son of our universe was also a woman. ” P.415 - §1...then does the Creator Son personalize in dual form his last concept of being, thus finally confirming his own and original dual origin. In and of himself he then creates …a reproducing order of sonship, being created male and female.

So now please correct me if I’m wrong before you faint or throw-up. If Jesus, our Master, appears to us as the “FEMALE” “origin” of HIS confirmed “original” being, would you be surprized?

I thought you were all bored because you have already seen this for years and years and witnessed countless readers of TUB of have repeated the same thing. Well is WOMAN the expression of Jesus as the Creator Son or not? Could Jesus appear to us as the FEMALE of his being or not?

Do I need to pack this up and wait a couple of years and unpack it again when someone’s ready to consider these ideas a bit more?

Perhaps Gerdean or Jo might walk another mile with me on this path to my healing. I need to do right towards women for at least as long as my brothers and I have done wrong to them. Perhaps by then the chasm of pain caused that separates men and women will be healed and bridged. And when it no longer exists. Men and Women will be equal. Through TUB I have found the origin of women, in Jesus. Jesus is not only perfect man. Jesus is perfect woman. Through Jesus we do not only know the Father but through Jesus we also know our Mother.

I’m worn out now. I'll come back down the line to easier things. I’ll try to clean the toilet before my caregiver gets home. :smile:

God Bless you all and forgive me if I pushed to hard. :smile: I think I’ll chill a little and get back to my vocation in the physical world. :smile: helping others physically is a lot easier than trying to expand my mind spiritually. I work quietly I don't have to say anything. I do volunteer data entry at a religious school. I choose the lowest work and try to support all the women around me and one elderly wheelchair bound man who had a stroke 12 years ago in their higher positions to try to make their job easier.

When I get tired I go home. When I have energy I come back. I baked a nice ham dinner with potatoes carrots and a cherry pie for my neighbor yesterday. What a joy that was for me. I really liked it. Her husband went to Iraq last June or July, after doing 15 months in Afghanistan a few years back. My caregiver told me her and her two boys were having a hard go of it. I emailed her and ask how it was going and told her I was baking a dinner for her in a day or two.

She emailed back and said that sounds great. Without the money from her husbands other jobs when he's gone it's tuff on them economically. My caregiver gave her two big boxes of food and one she got off work she came over with her son and picked up the dinner. She shed some tears because she would never ever ask anybody for anything. And no matter what not even her husband telling her when he left he'd been having an affair with another woman for three years and when he came back he was leaving her, she's going to make it. She's tough. She lost 80 lbs. and got back down to High school weight to try to be more attractive for her husband, not knowing he had another woman on the side. God is her strength. And she will make it. The boys don't know yet. And they miss their dad. And if something happen to him they would all be devastated. Their Dad Rocky is commanding 40 or so troops. We pray for his safe return. :smile: If you want to pray for Debbie and Rocky and their family, please do. Peace be with you my friends. :smile:

When I started this thread men and women here weren’t talking to each other very much. I’m so glad to see them conversing more now with the grace of God in their hearts and some with a common focus “joer going overboard on this feminine stuff.” :shock: Again sorry about that to those I pushed with my words. Always remember whatever I say is NEVER more important than my Love for you all. If I could use my words to take away even an ounce of your pain and hold you gently and lovingly in my arms, until your pain was eased a bit, I would do it in a heartbeat. O:)

God be with you. Amen. I’ll say the Awomen silently to myself for my own gratification. Bless all you guys [guys-old school] very much. :o

Post subject:
PostPosted:  

There's another thread that's been running (up until about a week ago) about "Turning the Other Cheek". I tuned out of it b/c it became more about a personality/ego on display.

Well....I do believe that Joer just gave us a perfect example by actually doing it...with dignity.

Peace
Jo

Post subject:
PostPosted:  

Jo, I agree with you on Joer's loving personality and his ability to "turn the other cheek" when he is challenged to do so.

Regarding this thread, it has provided a significant contribution to a greater understanding between the men and women who post here and Joer has done an excellent job of drawing others into these meaningful conversations.

Sometimes, a thread needs a period of rest and reflection and I think this is the case for this thread. We have temporarily exhausted the patience of those willing to post and perhaps a new direction will present itself in due time.

All the best, Ray

Post subject:
PostPosted:  

Hey Ray...

I can see the need for us to take a breath and look at what we really want to accomplish on this thread.

But does this mean it's going to be locked if someone posts too soon?

What's too soon?

Did I just do that?

Bye
jo

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 226 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 10, 11, 12, 13, 14, 15, 16  Next