Urantia Book Forum

Urantia Book Discussion Board : Study Group
It is currently Tue Feb 25, 2020 9:45 pm +0000

All times are UTC - 7 hours

Post new topic This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 70 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next
 Post subject:
PostPosted:  

Watkins wrote:

Quote:
Your experiences with God have not been maligned but you have begun to set your personal spiritual experiences above those of the other contributors to these discussions. They're yours. Keep them to yourself....you're also finding too much pleasure in being spiritually contentious.... let us end any further need for this discussion.

That's probably the most unfriendly thing I've read on this forum to date. My beliefs are not spiritually contentious. There are those here who agree with me on many things. You appear to be the only one disputing my beliefs on cocreation, Larry. And to allege that I enjoy being contentious without proof of your claim is bearing false witness. Clearly, you do not know me or my motivations.

A forum is for discussion. If we keep our beliefs and opinions to ourselves, why have a forum? My personal experiences have not been put above anyone else's. You may have put them there, I have not done that. I have not been closed minded or exclusive in any of my discussions. I have accepted other people's opinions and beliefs and have added my own. I have attempted to expand some ideas, but never negated any, (other than TA's being fractals, which I still think is ridiculous.) I have not distanced myself from the world in which "normal people" live. In fact, I am actively doing all I can to learn as much as I can about this world and the people in it. I am in love with this life because I share it with the Source of love itself. The fact that I take time to carry on this conversation with you is proof that I have not distanced myself from reality nor do I condemn you for your distant and contentious attitude towards me which is bordering on surreal.

So, unless you are on some kind of a power trip or have a special prescient ability to determine my motivations, it might be wise to keep your opinions about me and my beliefs to yourself unless, of course, God tells you otherwise.

Shaking the dust off one's feet was a symbolic act practiced by the Pharisees when they left a ceremonially unclean Gentile area. In the New Testament, it is used symbolically to represent a solemn warning to those who reject God's message or messengers.

Although, I do not consider myself to be God's messenger, I am his child and I have lived according to his teachings. If my spiritual experiences with God are rejected and reviled, I will wipe the dust from my feet and leave this place joyfully, knowing that I have been a loyal servant.

Iris

P.S. Thank you Fatboy2. The feeling is mutual.

Profile Send private message  

Post subject:
PostPosted:  
Site Admin

Iris -- you now have something to truly be indignant about. You're being given a time out and posting privileges on this forum are being suspended for a week -- until the 28th of Sept. Any further posts between now and then will be deleted.

L. Watkins

Post subject:
PostPosted:  

Boo!! Hiss!!!

My heart is pure and my feet are dirty.

Take me off, too.

Post subject:
PostPosted:  
maybe the one pointing the finger should observe oneself from a third party point of view rather than the superior and above than thou attitude.

Or is that to much and prejudice to see that??

or was that he without attitude cast the first stone?? say what? haha

sevens

Post subject:
PostPosted:  

Not for me to get between administration and the guests so I must say I was probably out of line. I just read about Apostle John that he, as well as the Lord's brother James,
Quote:
learned to practice wise conciliation when they appeared before the civil magistrates. They found that a "soft answer turns away wrath." They also learned to represent the church as a "spiritaul brotherhood devoted to the social service of mankind" rather than as "the kingdom of heaven."

For all I know, it is the task of Truthbook administration to maintain order as "civil magistrates." Perhaps Iris was representing the kingdom of heaven and this is merely a clash with civil authorities. I don't know. But I do know that I have a problem with authority, so I jumped in to defend my colleague, even though it is not my place to interfere with Truthbook management policies. My bad. Even though I fail to see where her offense lay, I should not have sassed admin. So, for what it's worth, I apologize. I didn't mean to incite a riot.

Post subject:
PostPosted:  
The problem is, people put energy and feeling into there thread and then they see it all dismantled from there own point of view.

Off course people get upset and react and how do you know they are right in dismantling threads in the scheme of things.

What are we some child with no experience in this spiritual walk. Just about all the UB readers are ex Christians who were treated like children. So what Im saying they are not new born spiritual persons, many people here do have past experience and are not stupid for some person to come around and just delete way in accordance to his own limitations in his view point. I think its insulting to say the least particularly when you don't even know the person nor ever have conversed with him. Why should I respect that. How can I respect that!

No one is baby around here. People here can think for themselves and be able to express themselves fully.

Did Jesus ever delete anyone or suppressed a persons thoughts. No! because he believes in freedom of speech or expression..

sevens

Post subject:
PostPosted:  

Did Jesus ever delete anyone or suppressed a persons thoughts.

Do you want to rethink and delete the bolded type?

No! because he believes in freedom of speech or expression.

I think that was Thomas Jefferson.

All the best, Ray :smile:

Post subject:
PostPosted:  

[Post made during suspended posting privileges period -- removed by admin.]

Post subject:
PostPosted:  
true, I agree
sevens

Post subject:
PostPosted:  

today's subject of meditation~ :wink:

P1984:6, 184:4.5 What is this trait of the animal in man which leads him to want to insult and physically assault that which he cannot spiritually attain or intellectually achieve? In the half-civilized man there still lurks an evil brutality which seeks to vent itself upon those who are superior in wisdom and spiritual attainment. Witness the evil coarseness and the brutal ferocity of these supposedly civilized men as they derived a certain form of animal pleasure from this physical attack upon the unresisting Son of Man. As these insults, taunts, and blows fell upon Jesus, he was undefending but not defenseless. Jesus was not vanquished, merely uncontending in the material sense.

namaste'

~julie

Post subject:
PostPosted:  
Sounds like Thomas Jefferson was an incredible forefather who really understood the soul of man and the need for expression and healthy debate.

With Jesus from what I can see he always let a person express themselves as you can read in the UB. Did he ever forbade a person in there thoughts and viewpoint? However if there is evidence that he suppressed an individual of expression because he didn't agree with it, I would be glad to see that.

No worries

The discussions of some parables is a good example of the disciples presenting there views fully.

Also Cymboynton place is a clear example of freedom of expression without bagging the other guy which I would assume includes deletion in thus case with out proper debate in a full sense.

Just to delete, is a kin to imposition of will, to me is just another Nodite trait not even worth mentioning.

I think Cymboynton place collapsed after his death because of one group imposing there ideas on another. Like what we see today everywhere!

sevens

Post subject:
PostPosted:  

I think the bottom line is that those who disagree with the posting guidelines at Truthbook can

1) not post here
2) create, fund, and administer their own website
3) acquiese to the logic that discipline and limits need to be imposed in order to create an environment that is productive for everyone, not just those who want to showcase their superior knowledge of either God's wishes and words, or, the Urantia Book itself.

Too often, those who are students of TUB and that also post here at Truthbook forget that our mission at this site is to help OTHERS who are not yet as familiar with TUB. Most of those folks don't speak in smooth flowing spiritual sentences of supposed superior spiritual insight. To put that kind of foot forward does nothing in my opinion to make them feel either comfortable here or to take us seriously.

Jesus was effective because he was able to speak to multitudes and to individuals and make everyone of them feel accepted, normal, not forgotten, not lost --------to make them feel comfortable in thier own flawed animal skins yet destined for growth in the accumulating knowledge of their Spiritual Father who knows them and loves them and resides on Paradise waiting to welcome them home on their long journey from their nativity planet - in our case that would be the planet named Urantia.

All the best, Ray

Post subject:
PostPosted:  
Fair enough, but still those who delete, delete from there own prospective.

For me personally, the journey to the ancient places has been a 14 years journey. Sarmast would know everything that Im speaking about and in the last 4 years I have spent all my resources and time in the recording of this journey for the benefit of man and Given away. I would say average 8 hours a day In one from or another digging out the truth of the ancient places for my fellow brother.

Trying to help my fellow brother is finding a wider truth within the UB through the physical discovery of the places.

Thats probably why I get upset. These places do help man find better connection which relates to his own religion and makes the transition alot easier.

That was the goal from 14 years ago and thats why I get upset at all the tampering. Also I find very little support from anyone except a very few good UB people who are also battling for the cause of truth and righteousness in truth the rest seem to be fence sitters in there judgment of another.

Anyway I suppose it doesn't matter at the end of the day we all have our views on things and I myself have received benefit from this website but I wont post my pearls here as they are generally not accepted and run the risk of the enforcement gauntlet.

I rather give the pearls to the Christians because I believe they need assistance and I like them, there my brothers in the Lord to, actually all people from all the religions are my brothers and I want to help them because I love them and I want them to be successful in the transition.

Tampering with posts that are reasonable I think is interference in what the Father is doing in the individuals life.

How about a debate rather than a gutless delete with an unworthy excuse especially when you don't know the person deep down or is it just laziness to debate an issue or is it the higher than thou attitude! Well thats what I see in the replies. Its a real turnoff

Anyway all the best for your forum.

Sevens

Post subject:
PostPosted:  

:::Moderator Note:::

Sometimes the first hunch is the best, especially when viewed in hindsight. When this string was started I was tempted to move it to Abners because I thought there would be challenges to some of the posts that would likely occur.

The problem with that is not all who participated in this discussion are members of Abners.

Many who join this forum are new readers of Urantia and have not completely read the book. When I began reading the book I started with the history of Urantia and, while the then sleeping Spirit of Truth in my soul awakened with a hearty appetite, I often jumped to conclusions that fed my human curiosity for the Great Mysteries, but were errant.

So in my summation of this discussion I say that the inner voice stops and the Spirit of Truth begins when we stop chasing the mysteries and begin self-renovations. For new Urantia readers that would require reading the book completely and considering asking more questions than providing answers.

The conundrum of this forum and this discussion is the talent of expression and writing that exists among readers. Those who know better are at times held to higher standards and frankly, I think that's good. A gifted writer, armed with substantial knowledge of Urantia, ought to be careful when challenging administration over the rules.

I support admin's decisions to delete as they deem necessary and that's not only because it makes my job easier. Without those deletions this forum would become a haven for debate and only for the sake of debate.

Post subject:
PostPosted:  

And perhaps administration ought to be careful when challenging those skilled writers who are attempting to convey meaningful information, even when it is over their heads. Being oppressed by those who may be threatened by somebody else's intelligence is similar to how precocious children are restrained by ordinary men and women in order to fit in with the status quo. The Master did not come to brainwash us all into thinking the same thing at the same time and in the same way. Some of the apostles were bright and asked intelligent questions, even understanding some of his more advanced concepts, while some apostles slept through many of his lessons. Jesus didn't tell the bright ones to go home to their nets because he only wanted "the common man" to hear him. They heard him gladly! His gospel applies to the Jew and the Gentile, the halt and the lame, the writer and the reader, the gifted and the slow.

I understand that when people start attending a 12-step program, when they think they know it all to the point of arrogance, they are often told to shut up and listen to those who are older and wiser and who know better, who have some years of sobriety under their belt. But if administration thinks Iris is arrogant, perhaps it is a case of the pot calling the kettle black. She brought more intelligence and grace to this forum than many for a long time. She is a teacher, for crying out loud. A student teacher of the Urantia Papers. A follower of Christ Michael. She wasn't trying to steal your membership away or deny the Master. I just don't get it. All I see is another instance of the TB clique ganging up on somebody who is not one of the in crowd.

Susan, when you ask for prayers for the Truthbook family, I have to wonder what family you are talking about. Is it the administrative board? or the membership? or is it the family of man who finds their way to this forum, and tries to find him or herself a niche among his or her peers and is cast out as being too curious, too intelligent, too skilled a writer, too eager, who might be too close for comfort to the truth that comes not just from reading this revelation but from actually living the teachings?

Post new topic This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 70 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next