Urantia Book Forum

Urantia Book Discussion Board : Study Group
It is currently Tue Nov 12, 2019 3:26 am +0000

All times are UTC - 7 hours

Post new topic This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 37 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3
 Post subject:
PostPosted:  

Careful review of the Lucifer Manifesto, Rebellion and Consequences in combination with the Caligastia Betrayal and the Adamic Default would act as a valuable concordance to this discussion. Consider these points:

1) If the potential of sin through the elevation of Self Importance can be realized in a being on the level of Lucifer then how can it not be at least equally possible in Aries, Larry Watkins and/or Tramp Swan?

2) Perhaps Judas Iscariot would have been more content with his role in Kingdom building had he known and considered that even a being who was the name sake of a local universe can be self betrayed through blind loyalty to something other than the will of the Father.

3) Even the purest of motivations can lead to transgressions of epic proportions if we lose patience in the Divine Plan that IS the will of the Father. We are free to do so. And may those brave souls who would accept the responsibility for such actions be equally wise in consideration of the impact their choices can have on others for future generations to come.

Epochal revelations do not offer much in terms of gratification for its immediate generations. Frankly they don't have much of a track record for success, at least in mortal time/space limitations. Two ended with disastrous results. One was in large part forgotten and in the fourth they slayed the messenger. But the eternal jury is still out on these previous epochs so I doubt they've even been 'sequestered' regarding the Fifth.

The Master died and returned for a short season to visit with his desciples so he could give them parting advice for continuing and spreading the good news and gospel of the Kingdom. I'm sure he could have given them each an inviolate, advance copy of the Urantia Book, if he wanted, but he didn't. Perhaps the same reason he wrote in sand was why the Urantia originals disappeared.

Brotherhood of men recognizing the fatherhood of God. (In terms spiritual there is no gender). It's all pretty simple and here is why:

The brotherhood under the fatherhood must be built by faith and interaction. It can never be built by a book or set of divine instructions, for the masses anyway. Since when has man built anything by reading instructions?

Happy holidays! Aries, thanks for a great discussion.

Profile Send private message  

Post subject:
PostPosted:  

I suppose that Darker ink on a lighter back drop with no feeling of true expression has to be read with interjected flavor....But I assure you Arie I have no intent of sounding harsh or criticizing towards you ..

If you re-read what i wrote I yielded to your wisdom..if it truly fits ...

I only said that for me and i have to stand By what i perceive at the moment i stand in...That is work and i get it and have no problem with it.

You may be right ....

I just don't see it the way you do ...Is that not OK

Do i have to be accused just because i don't see it the way you do...
I claim not superior intelligence here .....I just don't need to have it turned around to make any better since to me than it already does.

A loving Brother and hopeful friend J.Barry

Post subject:
PostPosted:  

Tramp Swan wrote:
1) If the potential of sin through the elevation of Self Importance can be realized in a being on the level of Lucifer then how can it not be at least equally possible in Aries, Larry Watkins and/or Tramp Swan?

One was in large part forgotten and in the fourth they slayed the messenger. But the eternal jury is still out on these previous epochs so I doubt they've even been 'sequestered' regarding the Fifth.

Brotherhood of men recognizing the fatherhood of God. (In terms spiritual there is no gender).

The hallmark of the rebels is the way they fell in love with THEMSELVES. They fell in love with themselves when they turned their imperfect minds to comparing themselves to others and found themselves to be "brilliant"....

Celestials are amazed at the work of the Thought Adjusters who toil on OUR planet - a planet that is "...strife-torn, grief-stricken and disease ridden...". Obviously, God's plan has not been followed on Urantia.

The new world order "optimism" of those who are in love with themselves while surrounded with the above mentioned consequences of iniquity is sickening because their "optimism" completely IGNORES consequences. In short - "cosmically insane". But I agree that there is no cosmic "commandment" for ANYONE to submit to the brutal and delusional rule of cosmically insane "supervisors".

The Fourth revelation was a resounding SUCCESS, Tramp Swamp. I am completely baffled - did we read the same book?

We are to love one another the way Jesus loved us. Can't have a "brotherhood" among elitists....even when the "brothers" have deigned to acknowledge that the "Fatherhood of God" might be real....

Post subject:
PostPosted:  

fetish...

you wrote:
Quote:
The Fourth revelation was a resounding SUCCESS, Tramp Swamp. I am completely baffled - did we read the same book?

I don't know if we read the same book due to the proliferation of editted versions. Mine is a blue hard bound cover book. And I read the online version at urantia.org. (I wax Urantia). :-)

I think we actually agree, fetish. I believe the seventh bestowal mission of Christ Michael was a resounding success for the universe. And I have no doubt that His revelation to His created beings here on earth is the successful path to the Kingdom of His Father. But I also believe that as free will beings we choose whether or not we participate in that successful journey. I also believe that our world was led astray through sin, deceipt and default and, while the Divine Plan will indeed prevail over this insurrection, I do not believe all worlds will automatically survive. Perhaps the Ancient of Days await our testimony.

fetish, I don't think I am in an elite circle nor do I aspire to be. My genetic footprint is of the inferior strains of human stock and has been for many generations. But God loves me anyway so that is all I need to know because in absence of that love I would just flat out give up.

Post subject:
PostPosted:  

Tramp Swan wrote:
fetish, I don't think I am in an elite circle nor do I aspire to be. My genetic footprint is of the inferior strains of human stock and has been for many generations. But God loves me anyway so that is all I need to know because in absence of that love I would just flat out give up.

I don't know what you mean by your "genetic" footprint....?

Paper 67, Section 8 - The Human Hero of the Rebellion (last 3 paragraphs) "From Edentia up through Salvington and even on to Uversa, for seven long years the first inquiry of all subordinate celestial life regarding the Satania rebellion, ever and always, was: "What of Amadon of Urantia, does he still stand unmoved? If the Lucifer rebellion has handicapped the local system and its fallen worlds, if the loss of this Son and his misled associates has temporarily hampered the progress of the constellation of Norlatiadek, then weigh the effect of the far-flung presentation of the inspiring performance of this one child of nature and his determined band of 143 comrades in standing steadfast for the higher concepts of universe management and administration in the face of such tremendous and adverse pressure exerted by his disloyal supervisors."

A "child of nature" BEFORE all the Adamic brouhaha - so what do you mean by "genetics"?

I also do not know what you mean about worlds not surviving - sounds like you are mixing up the christian fiction left behind series with The Urantia Book.

Fallen Behind stuff has NOTHING to do with the origin, history and destiny as presented in The Urantia Book. Sorry, but I am going to always be annoying and mention what is NOT in the Urantia Book :wink:

Post subject:
PostPosted:  

fetish... Obviously I have failed to communicate my thoughts properly to you.

I do not subscribe to the Christian religion especially the blood sacrifice, atonement doctrine, "left behind," etc.

My use of the word genetics has nothing to do with the Amadon story, a true human hero.

As for worlds not surviving. I base my belief that this planet will not automatically survive, as a planet, on Paper 55:
Quote:
Only those planets which attain existence in the main circuits of the superuniverse are assured of continuous survival, but as far as we know, these worlds settled in light and life are destined to go on throughout the eternal ages of all future time.

Perhaps my best communications are the things left unsaid. :-)

Post subject:
PostPosted:  

Tramp Swan wrote:
My use of the word genetics has nothing to do with the Amadon story, a true human hero.

As for worlds not surviving. I base my belief that this planet will not automatically survive, as a planet, on Paper 55:
Quote:
Only those planets which attain existence in the main circuits of the superuniverse are assured of continuous survival, but as far as we know, these worlds settled in light and life are destined to go on throughout the eternal ages of all future time.

Dear Mr. Swamp,

I don't have the time to direct you to the numerous places in the UB which comment on the uniqueness of Urantia - not the least being that this planet is in the personal care of Michael of Nebadon since it was the planet of his final bestowal and where Michael ENDED the rebellion.

So your above quote is true - in general cosmological education - but not true for Urantia.

Hmmm, curious, the so-called science of "genetics" has no connection to the "science" of Personality as defined in the UB...? Interesting schism....

Post new topic This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 37 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3