Urantia Book Forum

Urantia Book Discussion Board : Study Group
It is currently Wed Jan 27, 2021 11:13 pm +0000

All times are UTC - 7 hours

Post new topic This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 33 posts ]  Go to page 1, 2, 3  Next
 Post subject: URANTIA BOOK OBSCURITY
PostPosted:  
Hello all,

(This part of Sarah's post deals with the race issue and my be found in the "Race and the Urantia Book" thread in the Open Discussion forum. Arc-moderator.)

I have a question that i want to ask about this book "The Urantia"... Why have i never heard of it before, why is it unknown to the majority, if it is the truth, shouldnt you all be preaching it to the people..? I mean why is it taking so long for the book to become well known around the world, is there a reason for the slow growth of readers...?

With Love Sarah xxx

Post subject:
PostPosted:  

I don't know if there is a definite answer to that question, Sarah. Why, indeed?

I found the Book in 1967-68. My first husband and I didn't know there were more than a handful of people on the planet who knew about the book, so we married in order to keep the revelation uppermost in our minds and in our marital commitment. We later learned there were Urantia societies in existence, and study groups throughout the United States and other parts of the world, but the Urantia movement was still a rather "secret society" since the Book was still under copyright, and there seemed to be a conscious effort to keep it quiet until such time as it could be well established in these societies and study groups, so that its impact could be stabilized when it entered into the public domain.

In addition, advertising was discouraged. The appropriate way to disseminate the Urantia Papers, it was universally believed, was the one-on-one approach, stressing the spiritual nature of the Book and exalting the principles Jesus taught and demonstrated. Advertising would have perhaps caused a flurry of sales, but sales was secondary to the need to allow the Book to take root in our souls and reach out into society to affect it slowly and deliberately, rather than be as a fad or a media blitz.

[Paragraph self-edited]

It has been translated into several different languages and is being dispersed across the world. It is being promoted by small bands of loyal students who go, as emissaries, to Africa, South America, Peru, Brazil, Norway, France, China, Thailand, ... all over the place. New study groups are springing up in these countries and attendance at the conferences is on the increase. It has been talked about on Art Bell radio. But it is still being spread largely by word of mouth. It is not the kind of book that has been easy to promote. It is big, it is profound, and as you have noticed, it states some truths that require some masticulation and reflection to accept and value.

It is affecting people's lives showly but surely, and I for one am glad to be one whose life has been affected. I am very grateful for its good news.

Profile Send private message  

Post subject:
PostPosted:  

Hi T,

Last edited by Woody on Thu Jan 11, 2007 5:47 pm +0000, edited 1 time in total.

Post subject:
PostPosted:  

* Look how long it took the Israelites to reach Canaan and then how long it took before the prophecies to work out. The spiritual economy has a time table that does not correspond to ours. The spirit of truth is working in many other religous movments.

*As they paused for lunch, Jesus suddenly confronted the twelve with the first question he had ever addressed to them concerning himself. He asked this surprising question, "Who do men say that I am?"

Jesus had spent long months in training these apostles as to the nature and character of the kingdom of heaven, and he well knew the time had come when he must begin to teach them more about his own nature and his personal relationship to the kingdom. And now, as they were seated under the mulberry trees, the Master made ready to hold one of the most momentous sessions of his long association with the chosen apostles.

More than half the apostles participated in answering Jesus' question. They told him that he was regarded as a prophet or as an extraordinary man by all who knew him; that even his enemies greatly feared him, accounting for his powers by the indictment that he was in league with the prince of devils. They told him that some in Judea and Samaria who had not met him personally believed he was John the Baptist risen from the dead. Peter explained that he had been, at sundry times and by various persons, compared with Moses, Elijah, Isaiah, and Jeremiah. When Jesus had listened to this report, he drew himself upon his feet, and looking down upon the twelve sitting about him in a semicircle, with startling emphasis he pointed to them with a sweeping gesture of his hand and asked, "But who say you that I am?" There was a moment of tense silence. The twelve never took their eyes off the Master, and then Simon Peter, springing to his feet, exclaimed: "You are the Deliverer, the Son of the living God." And the eleven sitting apostles arose to their feet with one accord, thereby indicating that Peter had spoken for all of them.

When Jesus had beckoned them again to be seated, and while still standing before them, he said: "This has been revealed to you by my Father. The hour has come when you should know the truth about me. But for the time being I charge you that you tell this to no man. Let us go hence."

Tasneem,

For what it's worth my experience over the years with the Urantia Book is that people are lead to the truth. Of all the UB's that I have given away only two seeds have sprouted to find good soil.

It would appear that the foundations are now being laid for a future age. I am so so grateful that my mind was open to it by way of my earth father and revealed to my heart by way of my heavenly father.

Abrahams covenant:

This covenant of Melchizedek with Abraham represents the great Urantian agreement between divinity and humanity whereby God agrees to do everything; man only agrees to believe God's promises and follow his instructions. Heretofore it had been believed that salvation could be secured only by works--sacrifices and offerings; now, Melchizedek again brought to Urantia the good news that salvation, favor with God, is to be had by faith. But this gospel of simple faith in God was too advanced; the Semitic tribesmen subsequently preferred to go back to the older sacrifices and atonement for sin by the shedding of blood.

Colter

Post subject:
PostPosted:  

Quote:
God agrees to do everything; man only agrees to believe God's promises and follow his instructions.

Greetings to all. What a beautiful way to be introduced to this site. Quite serendipitously, I was searching the UB last night to collaborate my recent meditations on salvation. The very same quote was the last thing I read before going to sleep. It made me weep to think of the enormous love our Father has for us and how we as a people seem to so often misunderstand that love.

I agree with this statement:
Quote:
For what it's worth my experience over the years with the Urantia Book is that people are lead to the truth.

It appears that those who are ready and able are indeed lead to the text. Even then, as I speak for myself, after reading and rereading it for almost 40 years, I find new revelation on every page. It seems that as my soul grows, I discover new sustenance within its pages.

I don't feel that it is necessary for all of mankind to read the text. Those who can will; and, with their lives so changed by it, will spread the message of the gospel by their fruits. Each man's spiritual life is delicately balanced between evolution and revelation. I suggest that we allow the Thought Adjuster to lead each person down the path that is best for them and for the universe.

Holiday Blessings to All, Iris

Post subject:
PostPosted:  

Iris, what an enlightened post.
Tasneem:I have a question that i want to ask about this book "The Urantia"... Why have i never heard of it before
(some element of desire needed to be present)
why is it unknown to the majority
(same as above)
if it is the truth, shouldnt you all be preaching it to the people..?
(yes, through the way we live our lives)
I mean why is it taking so long for the book to become well known around the world,
(new revelation of this magnitude must be developed with all deliberation, there is translating work yet to be accomplished, there are new media to consider and rest assured, we have all asked the same question and understand the zeal your question demonstrates.)
is there a reason for the slow growth of readers...? (quality)

May I suggest a search on; draw, drawn, drawing in developing your unique answer to this question. Suffice for fellow students to say that this is the will of our Father.
Personally, I think the movements ideals of Fatherhood and Brotherhood have yet to be unified in the thinking of man today. There is hardly unified agreement of anything specific. Why? Because wisdom prevents children having matches.

Father, thank you for the fields in which we labor. Thank you that your wisdom is in your will. Thank you for being alive in each of us this day. Help us, Father, to realize the toil of our moments as gifts unto you that your will might be realized in the generations. Teach us to live by revelation and expose fear at every turn. Let your Spirit of Truth be so joined with our faith that fear is named in our thinking and overcome by your love for your children. Thank you that your Holy Spirit intertwines our faith with your will. Thank you, Father, for victory over the animal mind progressively through the decades, as is your will. Thank you Father that these young minds may grow in you more evangelistic lives.[/b]

PostPosted:  

Tasneem wrote:
Hello all,

[I have a question that i want to ask about this book "The Urantia"... Why have i never heard of it before, why is it unknown to the majority, if it is the truth, shouldnt you all be preaching it to the people..? I mean why is it taking so long for the book to become well known around the world, is there a reason for the slow growth of readers...?

With Love Sarah xxx

Dear Sarah,

Only one word - FEAR.

The 20th century was ruled by the godless "isms" of man - corrupt, brutal, greedy, insane.

Imagine how Personalities would free themselves to live if they KNEW they were part of a "friendly and generous" universe ruled by a loving Father?

Kind regards...

Post subject:
PostPosted:  

Iris,

Glad to see you here.

Quote:
It appears that those who are ready and able are indeed lead to the text. Even then, as I speak for myself, after reading and rereading it for almost 40 years, I find new revelation on every page. It seems that as my soul grows, I discover new sustenance within its pages.

This is the magic of the revelation. It does not speak to everyone.

Bill,
Faith son

http://billurantia3.bravehost.com//welc ... ALITY.html

Post subject:
PostPosted:  
Hello

Uncle Bill:
Quote:
Tasneem: is there a reason for the slow growth of readers...? (quality)
:lol: Yeah maybe your right there...

Well i suppose if you thrust the book upon the people, it may fall into the wrong hands and could somehow be in danger of being turned into an established religion by some, and thats not the plan is it. But still it would be nice to see more readers. I think anyone who has knowledge of this book, or enjoys to read it should consider sharing with family, friends, neighbours, rather than preach door to door.... O:)

Love Sarah

Post subject:
PostPosted:  

Yes. One beauty of the UB is in its power to transform each individual into a drawing power by learning how to love His way. Dissemination of this material, potentially, is stronger than any human drive as each reader effects the generations by example. This becomes more important as the decades pass.

My hope is that the FER will be a guiding light in the development of the Brotherhood of Man.

Post subject:
PostPosted:  

Welcome Iris...

It is one of the most amzing things to experience.... The shaering of the awakening of the mind.

But hold on it is also one intense roller coaster ride....LOL

Post subject:
PostPosted:  

Aloha Tasneem...That is a VERY good question that many of us readers frustrate over...Here's another good question...

Do we find the Urantia Book or does the Urantia Book find us?

When the student is ready the teacher will come...

Post subject:
PostPosted:  

Tootsie wrote:
Here's another good question...

Do we find the Urantia Book or does the Urantia Book find us?

Greetings Tootsie,
Great question. I'll have to say that the Urantia Book found me. Prior to last August I never knew it existed. It was mentioned in passing by someone in a reply to my post to them at another forum.

Here is exactly what was said by that individual that first introduced me to a book called URANTIA

Quote:
[i] Thanks for the encouraging words...I was about ready to do a fade out.

You might want to give a quickie look at the post by Little AlieInn today.. enquiring about the book, "Urantia" ...under UFO's and Aliens."

Upon being introduced here to the Urantia Book I went to Amazon. com and inquired what others had to say about it. Most of the testimonies were in favour of the UB, and many encouraged newbies to get a copy and read for themselves. Well... that very morning I ordered a copy. In 2 days I had the UB in my possession and when I began to read its contents I was flabbergasted. Since then, the UB has been a tremendous asset to my spiritual understanding and has begun to straighten out my distorted theology handed down to me while a Christian.

"I rejoice at thy word as one that findeth great spoil" :razz:

That is exactly how I feel about the Urantia Book.

Hank

Post subject:
PostPosted:  

GODs Day Today All

Hi Tasneem ~ :smile: So Glad to have you as a Part of Our LiL Family Here . Thanxs for your Shareing & Loveing Spirit . You bring some Great Questions to the Table . As well as your Own Personal Shareing & Thots . Truth Seekers Never Stop Asking Questions . Its in Not asking that we will Not Know , In asking we Will. Ask and You Shall Receive ,Seek and You Will Find , Knock & The Door/s Will Be Opend .Let your TA & Spirit of Truth be Your Guide's . The SOT Will show you '' The Way '' :wink:

Sister Tasneem ~ After Several Readings Of The Urantia Book/ FER. Oh So Very Many Of my Questions Have Been Answerd & Verified by my Spirit of Truth . Yet I Still have Oh So Many , Many More , .. Our Eternal Journy Will be One Of Questions , & Learning and Knowing . It Will be , And Is a Personal Progressive Growth , As Well as One of Shareing , Helping , Service in Fathers LOVE .

Each Time I read a Paper in the UB , I See it in a Different Way than Before , I See Deeper Meanings and Values , that I had not Seen or thot of in a Fresh New Way . It ,..... Clicks , ... an Rings True .

You Will Find Though , that in reading a section , of a Paper , different questions will arise in your mind , .. and maybe say to yourself , ,....... Whoah , Wait a Min , what ? ... About , .. Etc . Ye , I Have Found that the very Question , I Thought I Had , Was ... Answered , In the Very Next Paper , .. Or one Later or I had Simply Not Taken the Time To think it Over , Or It Was I Who had Not Understood , Or Accepted at First , Just What Was Written , In Part Because of my own Human , Mortal Perspective , as well as Much of the Baggage of Former Doctrines , Dogma's , Beliefs etceterah .

You Will See , ... Its Not the Destination , But The Eternal Journey thats
FUN . It Is a Amazing Lifetime Study :arrow: The Fifth Epoch Revelation . I AM Blessed to Have This Gift from above , As well as Sistah Truth Seekers as You .Toots Sez :arrow: :idea:
'' Do we find the Urantia Book or does the Urantia Book find us? :idea:

When the student is ready the teacher will come...''

Tasneem ~ Just How Did the UB Find You :?:

I Have a Question :?: Does anyone Know or Can Find Out , Just Exactly How Many Urantia Books , Have Been Sold . Scince Its First Printing , ... Till Today . :?:
Faith son
Coop

Post subject:
PostPosted:  

Thanks everyone for the warm welcome.

J Barry said:
Quote:
But hold on it is also one intense roller coaster ride....LOL

But roller coasters are such fun! Are they not?

At this point in my journey, I am striving for unity of personality through increasing spirit dominance; that is, consciously trusting in the leading of my Thought Adjuster. By trusting in the goodness of God and his love for me and being wholly desirous of that love, I shift the seat of my personality and free-will to my newly emerging soul-self away from the fear-ridden, controlling ego-self. If I give up the desire to control, fear is replaced by love and the ride is much more fun.

Here is a message my Thought Adjuster imparted to me back on Nov. 29th. The message could be for anyone.

Yes, the world will have many ups and downs; it is its nature. Your nature is divine and will ride above them and with them perfectly protected and at peace since you know that the Father's will has been done. Ponder these things my dear and learn to realize that there is never a microsecond of your life that is not enveloped by the Father's love. Relish it, enjoy it and the slings and arrows will not harm you.”

Sarah, you said:
Quote:
Well i suppose if you thrust the book upon the people, it may fall into the wrong hands and could somehow be in danger of being turned into an established religion by some, and thats not the plan is it.

I don't see any danger of this happening. There are no prescriptions within the text that would allow for it. It is clear that the UB concept of religion is simply the faith act of the recognition of the inner urge to divine attainment from the Thought Adjuster.

"But living religious faith is more than the association of noble beliefs; it is more than an exalted system of philosophy; it is a living experience concerned with spiritual meanings, divine ideals, and supreme values; it is God-knowing and man-serving. Beliefs may become group possessions, but faith must be personal. Theologic beliefs can be suggested to a group, but faith can rise up only in the heart of the individual religionist."UB 1114:06

I believe the UB is meant for the individual truth seeker who will naturally share with other seekers.
"You can argue over opinions about God, but experience with Him and in Him exists above and beyond all human controversy and mere intellectual logic. The God-knowing man describes his spiritual experiences, not to convince unbelievers, but for the edification and mutual satisfaction of believers." UB 30:05

iris

Post new topic This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 33 posts ]  Go to page 1, 2, 3  Next