Urantia Book Forum

Urantia Book Discussion Board : Study Group
It is currently Sat Aug 15, 2020 2:12 pm +0000

All times are UTC - 7 hours

Post new topic This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 16 posts ]  Go to page 1, 2  Next
 Post subject: TUB - Open Challenge !!!
PostPosted:  

I'm infatuated with TUP.

I'm a South African where the Rand/Dollar means nothing. But I'm going to purchase 2 (TWO) UB's per month ... and place them
Are we a team?

Profile Send private message  

Post subject:
PostPosted:  

Greetings Arno,

I already have my second copy... for underlining When certain sections jump out at ya... I want to catch it with a highlighter

Hank

Post subject:
PostPosted:  

Hey Arno,

Last edited by Woody on Thu Jan 11, 2007 5:52 pm +0000, edited 1 time in total.

Post subject:
PostPosted:  

Your brother is asking for you to send him Urantia books to give away.
He is also challenging you to do the same.

Paraphrased:

In the country where I live Urantia books are very expensive, our money is worth very little in U.S. dollars. But I will buy two books each month to be placed. I challenge you to do the same.

Are we a team?

Post subject:
PostPosted:  

If the Truth shall set you free, then why does someone always put a price tag on Truth and attempt to sell it for a profit or attempt to copyright something which belongs to everyone and then ask for donations to help spread the Truth?

Post subject:
PostPosted:  

Hi Randy,

Was that a rhetorical question? The truth IS free. Abiding truth, relative truth, the Spirit of Truth, God's truth, and that's the truttttttttttthhh.

But when truth (anybody's, even the revelators) is put on paper, the paper is of the finite world and anything in the finite world is up for grabs -- literally. Whatever the traffic will allow. We are a material world and it costs money to do anything. Books are not printed or sent through the Postal Service for free. Somebody has to take the truth (as somebody sees it), set it to paper, make it intelligible, appealing, believable, maybe add pictures or diagrams so it is attractive and worth-while, then they fix a price to cover not just their efforts and actual costs, but hidden costs which happen every time you turn around. It is not necessarily to make a profit, even, but to merely break even or to keep from going in the hole.

If we spread the Truth without putting it on paper, it doesn't cost a thing. Maybe that is why Jesus is so beloved by us, why he is such an example and an inspiration. He didn't charge anything for his Truth. What a hero! But he was admonished to not write anything. Maybe that is why he has been remembered all these years -- other people wrote about him instead of him writing about himself or his own bright ideas. That's good promotion! He had to be a very impressive fellow with some very impressive Truth for people to want to do that.

That is our challenge - to be full of bright ideas without putting them on paper then charging somebody for the privilege of reading what we wrote. My truth is entirely free and I spew it generously socially and in emails; my books, however, are for sale. And that includes the cache of Urantia Books in my cupboard. I'd be willing to donate one to Arno but I can't afford the postage to send it all the way to Africa!

Post subject:
PostPosted:  

.............."challenge from your brother"...........

Oftimes people use the term "brother" in a manipulative way. A way to persuade or dissuade. Not a pretty picture. Not a fair-minded way of dealing with fellow human beings. "Challenges" do not come from brothers. Especially ones you do not know well. Courteousness is usually a good thing.

It is courteous to refrain from "challenging" others.

p.s I lived in Mainland China for 8 mos. Some Chinese people I met thought All Americans are loaded with money. Well, some Americans are out-of-work, ill, etc.

Post subject:
PostPosted:  

Thank you for asking Gerdean, and no, it was not meant to be a rhetorical question.

paper 169 pg 1854:
Quote:
"I affirm that he who is faithful in little will also be faithful in much, while he who is unrighteous in little will also be unrighteous in much. If you have not shown foresight and integrity in the affairs of this world, how can you hope to be faithful and prudent when you are trusted with the stewardship of the true riches of the heavenly kingdom? If you are not good stewards and faithful bankers, if you have not been faithful in that which is another's, who will be foolish enough to give you great treasure in your own name?

"And again I assert that no man can serve two masters; either he will hate the one and love the other, or else he will hold to one while he despises the other. You cannot serve God and mammon."

When the Pharisees who were present heard this, they began to sneer and scoff since they were much given to the acquirement of riches. These unfriendly hearers sought to engage Jesus in unprofitable argumentation, but he refused to debate with his enemies. When the Pharisees fell to wrangling among themselves, their loud speaking attracted large numbers of the multitude encamped thereabouts; and when they began to dispute with each other, Jesus withdrew, going to his tent for the night."

Was Jesus challenging his brothers within this context?

Post subject:
PostPosted:  

My Brothers & Sisters

From what our brother Arno has shared with us , about himself , his little village and him finding and shareing of the UB with others he knows , And His Spirit being Cosmicly Awakend to the Higher Truths Within The UB , He Simply wants to share this new found FER With EVERYONE ! Remember that ? :wink:

I Do Feel that his Heart & Motives are very sincere in this Shareing of the Good News He has Just found in the U Papers . Just Recently He has hared a Personal Understanding of Faith Realization of Sonship and the Truth of The Fatherhood of God & The Brotherhood of Man ! Remember That ?

He Shared That , He Wanted to Shout it from his rooftop at 2 am , to all in his village that could hear him . Remember That ?

We can become , at times a bit leery of others intents . Yet Our Brother Arno Is Simply Infected and Intoxicated with the virus of LOVE . Remember That ?

Brother Arno's use of the Word ''Challenge'' , May Just be the Correct Word of the Day .

My Intent my Brothers & Sisters , Is Not Ment to Be Taken as , Me , ..
Preaching to the Choir . It Is Just , thots that just came to me at this moment , For me to think about , As well as to hear , from your thots as well as brother Arno .

My , So called Money situation at the present is , well , ... just trying to make ends Meet , ... & the never seem to do so , but that may or may not change .

But IF they Do , I for one would be Glad to send a UB to Our Brother Arno , Yet It May Cost as much As the Book to Send it . Yet ~ Re Read What Brother Arno Has Said , ...

Posted: Sun Nov 19, 2006 6:57 pm Post subject: TUB - Open Challenge !!!
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

I'm infatuated with TUP.
I'm a South African where the Rand/Dollar means nothing.
But I'm going to purchase 2 (TWO) UB's per month ... and place them
Are we a team?
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Arno SEZ :arrow:
''But I'm going to purchase 2 (TWO) UB's per month ... and place them
Are we a team? ''

```````````````````````
eliajahspeak Sez :arrow:

eliajahspeak Posted: Mon Nov 20, 2006 11:23 pm Post subject:
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Your brother is asking for you to send him Urantia books to give away. He is also challenging you to do the same.

Paraphrased:
In the country where I live Urantia books are very expensive, our money is worth very little in U.S. dollars. But I will buy two books each month to be placed. I challenge you to do the same.

Are we a team?

~~~~~~~~~```````` A Team Is >>> ? :wink: Are We , the Urantia Community A Team ? Are We 2nd Milers ? We Talk the Talk , ... But Do We Walk the Walk :?: Or Do , & Should We Each Only Walk Our Own Green Mile ? Just When Do We Help , & When should we Not ? Its our Choice .

Yesterday , on my morning walk , I went to the local ATM Mach . to
get a few Bucks , well it was being serviced , no money , needed to come back later , ... I Saw a good , old friend , Brother , we had small talk ,
And he keeps wanting me to go to Church :shock: Etc , I Did once ,
It Was , Another , .. Story , I Didnt ask him for any money , Yet If he Had it , and I had asked , it would be given to me . My very next brother I met on my path , was a guy I had seen around , but didnt really know , He asked me for a Smoke , Cigarette. So I gave him a Few , He said his Gas had just been shut off , that he was hungry & cold , ... & Could I give him a few bucks , I told him sorry , the ATM Wasnt workin , ... Good Luck , ... & I walked away , ... a few min Later I realized that I did have 5 bucks on me , and started to walk back to give it to him , Then ...
I saw my friend take him into the local Doughnut 7 Coffee shop , buy him a Coffee & A Doughnut . Thats a 2nd miler , Should I Feel guilty ?

I Guess the real Question is , Just when , should we help a Brother , and when not to ? Mother Tereasa Said ; If you cant help Everyone , then help one . Namastae to All .

JC / Jesus said ; What you do for the least of a Brother , you do for me .
Faith son
Coop

Me ~ I will take any donation of a simple prayer , not for me , but for
Another . Lets not Dampen the Light of a New found Brother . AMEN

Post subject:
PostPosted:  

from FB2..... I apologize if I hurt anyone's feelings........
p.s. where I live, if you put your hand in your pocket, you will
find someone else's hand already there !

Post subject:
PostPosted:  

[If I make any spelling/grammar mistakes ... please disregard - where I am in South Africa, it is 02:43 ...]

Hank - I love your posts (espec. those you've done while you were reading from Paper 6-onwards ... great comments it was/is for me -- remember, you're a few days older than me :wink: ) I don't like to highlight my Uversa ed. Not even my Foundation "loan"-copy. [absolutely personal. Only xtrmly 'light-pencil-marks' Hank, more of your reading experiences, please. This TRUTHBOOK-site is our place to be, ai-tog!!! (Dankie Here, baie dankie).

Woody - I'm not so sure what I've payed for the U-press-cum-audio 2-3 weeks ago on amozon.com. It was less than $15 ... BUT $/R-exchange and custom duty took a "moer" of a toll out of my purse. (Won't do it again, Woody). I've realised that the way to go here in SA is to buy through our so-called kalahari.net (South Africa's version of Amazon.com). Kalahari.net sells TUP at R167.00 [divide by aprox 7.5 US$] --- which makes it worthwhile to purchase TWO volumes to place - in SA.

Please,Truthbookers, do not send me any copies of TUP!!!

I'm bying TUP through kalahari.net - plain and simple.

That is my "Tithe" to the most wonderful Father I've ever know in all my life :-

OUR PARADISE FATHER

She/It/He is my church to whom/which I'll tithe

Our Universal Father who gave us TUP

PS: I did not ask for donations. I do not want donations. I do not want PIPE-LINING from where-ever to ME.

PLEASE read MY words ... as beloved Brother Coop recently remarked :P

PostPosted:  

Arno wrote:
I'm infatuated with TUP.

I'm a South African where the Rand/Dollar means nothing.

But I'm going to purchase 2 (TWO) UB's per month ... and place them

Are we a team?

I will send a condensed edited 506 pages version of TUB, that assigns equality to all religions, as an attachment free of charge, to anyone who emails a request to me at kkawohl1@cox.net

Post subject:
PostPosted:  
Site Admin

Okay Kkawohl, that's your last advertisement. Don't do it again. Your creation isn't endorsed here and you're not to promote it here further. You can provide a web address but just once.

Post subject:
PostPosted:  

re Donations.
It has always been difficult for me to ask close friends for money (their money). It has been difficult for me to ask co-workers for stuff (their stuff).

It is even more difficult to ask others to send me their money, their stuff.

In my America, we have preachers begging on tv., people asking for this and that, even people standing on street corners with their buckets out - asking for donations for causes of all types. I honestly just don't get it.

All of a sudden, I see kids selling things to get money. I can relate. I see people washing cars to get money for some cause. I can relate.

Wow. I feel better.........

Post subject:
PostPosted:  

I'm South African too bru, I've sent you a PM, not sure why all the american are going on about "small villages" etc.... lol its quite funny how little americans know about other countries (no offense, I've spoken to many americans about this)

Good to hear you're loving it, I totally understood your challenge and it had nothing to do with money, its simply a wake up call to the army of Love waiting to be mobilised. You go dude, sound the trumpet!

Welcome to the movement, welcome to the fold!

Lets wake up those who sleep, but please remember bru, the book is not the answer but rather what you learn from the book.

Many people forget but I dont, Jesus said, those who love like I do, will draw people, those people who receive one of these people receive not only the son BUT also the FATHER. Your call to follow you and Jesus's call to "Follow me" are one and the same and reinforce the fact that you are infact on the right path!

Love
Jay

Post new topic This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 16 posts ]  Go to page 1, 2  Next