Urantia Book Forum

Urantia Book Discussion Board : Study Group
It is currently Tue Apr 13, 2021 12:18 am +0000

All times are UTC - 7 hours

Post new topic This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 7 posts ] 
PostPosted:  

Greetings everyone,
Having read intently Papers #20 & 21 my understanding of the "Eternal Son" and of his "Paradise Creator Sons" has become so much more clearer. And all this teaching on the "bestowals of the Eternal Son" through the "Paradise Sons of God" has definitely reshaped my former Christian theology.

It's like this... in our reality the "Original Son" (Jesus) has been confused with the "Eternal Son"... but in actuality, according to the UB, it was a Son of the "Eternal Son" who appeared on Urantia (Earth)
Quote:
6:1.5 The Eternal Son is known by different names in various universes. In the central universe he is known as the Co-ordinate Source, the Cocreator, and the Associate Absolute. On Uversa, the headquarters of the superuniverse, we designate the Son as the Co-ordinate Spirit Center and as the Eternal Spirit Administrator. On Salvington, the headquarters of your local universe, this Son is of record as the Second Eternal Source and Center. The Melchizedeks speak of him as the Son of Sons. On your world... this Original Son has been confused with a co-ordinate Creator Son, Michael of Nebadon, who bestowed himself upon the mortal races of Urantia.

When many of us thought of God's Son ~ "Jesus" ~ (the Christ) we never entertained the thought that he was anything more than God's "Eternal Son", second Person of the Trinity, or else, the 'first begotten', the 'first Creation" of the Father's.

But now to know that this ~ "Jesus" ~ (Michael of Nebadon) is a Son of the "Eternal Son"... it just flys in the face of orthodoxy.

But the UB further elaborates on Urantia's (Earth's) confusion on this matter...
Quote:
7:6.1 The lack of a knowledge of the multiple Sons of God is a source of great confusion on Urantia. And this ignorance persists in the face of such statements as the record of a conclave of these divine personalities: "When the Sons of God proclaimed joy, and all of the Morning Stars sang together." Every millennium of sector standard time the various orders of the divine Sons forgather for their periodic conclaves.

Oh how this shines a whole new light on the meaning of Job 38:7.
Quote:
6:2.2 The Eternal Son is the eternal Word of God. He is wholly like the Father; in fact, the Eternal Son is God the Father personally manifest to the universe of universes. And thus it was and is and forever will be true of the Eternal Son and of all the co-ordinate Creator Sons: "He who has seen the Son has seen the Father."

Now catch this...
Quote:
6:1.3 .... Had the New Testament writer referred to the Eternal Son , he would have uttered the truth when he wrote: "In the beginning was the Word, and the Word was with God, and the Word was God. All things were made by him, and without him was not anything made that was made."

Most of Christiandom reads John 1:1 as referring to "the Eternal Son" (Jesus incarnate), but remember, the "the Eternal Son" the "Original Son" is confused with the "co-ordinate Creator Son" (Michael of Nebadon) They are NOT one and the same. "Jesus" was a Son of "the Eternal Son"....
Quote:
6:1.4 When a Son of the Eternal Son appeared on Urantia, those who fraternized with this divine being in human form alluded to him as "He who was from the beginning, whom we have heard, whom we have seen with our eyes, whom we have looked upon, and our hands have handled, even the Word of life." And this bestowal Son came forth from the Father just as truly as did the Original Son , as is suggested in one of his earthly prayers: "And now, O my Father, glorify me with your own self, with the glory which I had with you before this world was."

So we must understand that it is "the Eternal Son" who is the "eternal Word of God" But...
Quote:
20:5.1 The Eternal Son is the eternal Word of God. The Eternal Son is the perfect expression of the "first" absolute and infinite thought of his eternal Father. When a personal duplication or divine extension of this Original Son starts on a bestowal mission of mortal incarnation, it becomes literally true that the divine "Word is made flesh," and that the Word thus dwells among the lowly beings of animal origin.

Praise the Father... that yes... God was manifest in the flesh, through a Creator Son of "the Eternal Son" For great is the mystery
Quote:
20:6.1 The method whereby a Paradise Son becomes ready for mortal incarnation as a bestowal Son, becomes enmothered on the bestowal planet, is a universal mystery; and any effort to detect the working of this Sonarington technique is doomed to meet with certain failure. Let the sublime knowledge of the mortal life of Jesus of Nazareth sink into your souls, but waste no thought in useless speculation as to how this mysterious incarnation of Michael of Nebadon was effected. Let us all rejoice in the knowledge and assurance that such achievements are possible to the divine nature and waste no time on futile conjectures about the technique employed by divine wisdom to effect such phenomena.

Peace and Love
Hank

Profile Send private message  

Post subject:
PostPosted:  

Hank, I do so enjoy your sharing immensely. It’s as if my spirit is renewed as is yours. I like it.

Since you mention the incarnation, Here’s another tidbit of what lies ahead that you might enjoy:

P.1330 - §7 Then, immediately, in the presence of all Salvington
assembled, Michael removed himself from our midst, and we saw him no more
in his accustomed place
P.1331 - §0 until his return as the supreme and personal ruler of the
universe, subsequent to the completion of his bestowal career on Urantia.
4. THE INCARNATION--MAKING TWO ONE - P.1331
P.1331 - §1 And so certain unworthy children of Michael, who had accused
their Creator-father of selfishly seeking rulership and indulged the
insinuation that the Creator Son was arbitrarily and autocratically
upheld in power by virtue of the unreasoning loyalty of a deluded
universe of subservient creatures, were to be silenced forever and left
confounded and disillusioned by the life of self-forgetful service which
the Son of God now entered upon as the Son of Man--all the while subject
to "the will of the Paradise Father."
P.1331 - §2 But make no mistake; Christ Michael, while truly a
dual-origin being, was not a double personality.
He was not God in
association with man but, rather, God incarnate in man. And he was always just that combined being. The only progressive factor in such a nonunderstandable relationship was the progressive self-conscious
realization and recognition (by the human mind) of this fact of being God
and man.
P.1331 - §3 Christ Michael did not progressively become God. God did not,
at some vital moment in the earth life of Jesus, become man. Jesus was God and man--always and even forevermore. And this God and this man were, and now are, one, even as the Paradise Trinity of three beings is in reality one Deity.
P.1331 - §4 Never lose sight of the fact that the supreme spiritual
purpose
of the Michael bestowal was to enhance the revelation of God.
P.1331 - §5 Urantia mortals have varying concepts of the miraculous, but
to us who live as citizens of the local universe there are few miracles,
and of these by far the most intriguing are the incarnational bestowals
of the Paradise Sons.
The appearance in and on your world, by apparently natural processes, of a divine Son, we regard as a miracle--the operation of universal laws beyond our understanding. Jesus of Nazareth was a miraculous person.
P.1331 - §6 In and through all this extraordinary experience, God the
Father chose to manifest himself as he always does--in the usual way--in the normal, natural, and dependable way of divine acting.

Post subject:
PostPosted:  

Brothers Hank & Joer ~ Good Fruits From your refreshing Spirits , Reading / Hearing the Good News Allways make me smile & my Spirit
Ever Soar like a Eagle , ... Yet I Am only a Humble Turkey . :mrgreen: Thanxs :wink:

We Are Co Creators in the Evolveing Supreme ! Amen ~ So It Is , ~ So May it Be . In Him With Him & Tru Him , ALL Things are Possible . O:)

Thank you Father For All my Many blessings , & Another Sober yet Joyfull Day in the Spirit . Bless All my Brothers & Sisters with your Everlasting PEACE , That is beyond all Understandings . In Peace & Brotherly Love
A Humble Faith son Servant of thee Lord
Coop

Anais Nin:
The possession of knowledge does not kill the sense of wonder and mystery. There is always more mystery.

Emily Dickinson:
Death is a Dialogue between
The Spirit and the Dust.
"Dissolve" says Death—The Spirit "Sir
I have another Trust"—

Death doubts it—Argues from the Ground—
The Spirit turns away
Just laying off for evidence
An Overcoat of Clay.

Felix Adler:
The unique personality which is the real life in me, I can not gain unless I search for the real life, the spiritual quality, in others. I am myself spiritually dead unless I reach out to the fine quality dormant in others. For it is only with the god enthroned in the innermost shrine of the other, that the god hidden in me, will consent to appear.

The Ethical Philosophy of Life

Fyodor Dostoyevsky:
Love the animals, love the plants, love everything. If you love everything, you will perceive the divine mystery in things. Once you perceive it, you will begin to comprehend it better every day. And you will come at last to love the whole world with an all-embracing love.

Post subject:
PostPosted:  

Quote:
Fyodor Dostoyevsky:
Love the animals, love the plants, love everything. If you love everything, you will perceive the divine mystery in things. Once you perceive it, you will begin to comprehend it better every day. And you will come at last to love the whole world with an all-embracing love.

That's cool! So true! Dostoyevsky saw it too! I wonder if he read TUB? :smile:

That's the God and Spirit in "ALL" stuff I was talking about in that Traveler thread Coop. :smile:

Thanks for the quote Coop. God Bless you for enjoying another day to it's fullest. Bless you and "ALL" brother! :smile:

Post subject:
PostPosted:  

My Brother Joer & '' ALL '' 8)

''That's the God and Spirit in "ALL" stuff I was talking about in that Traveler thread Coop'' :idea: I See Know , I thot I Knew , .. but , ... Hell , ... Some Days are a bit Cloudy , Others are Bright & Sunny , & I Need my Sunglasses , 8) ... Yet Sometimes I Ferget To Take Em Off . :? Sorry .

I AM Is Within US , & US In I AM '' ALL ~ IS ~ 1 ~ & 1 ~ IS " ALL '' ... Yet Apart from The Unqualified Absolute .

Our Dear Sister Angel ~ O:) Is Fond of Saying ; '' Its Not What thee Soul Does , But Strives To Do .'' May The Fathers Arms make you Feel Safe in His Eternal Love For You this , GOD;s Day Today . As well as the Divine Infinite Comfort From thee Mother Holy Spirit . That Searches '' ALL Things '' AMEN ~ So it May Be , So It Is So Right Now .

Brother Joer ~ The Thought of Our Sister Angel Has Just Come In my Spirit , In That She Is In Need Of Our Prayers . Have You or Anyone Heard From Her . Also PP.

Bless All my Brothers & Sisters Here with I AM s Everlasting PEACE , That is beyond all Understandings . AMEN My Sweet Lord
In Peace & Brotherly Love
A Humble Faith son Servant of thee Lord
Coop

The Urantia Book — Part II. Paper 33 — Administration of the Local ...p366:4 33:1.3 Our Creator Son exerts the same spiritual drawing power, spirit gravity, from the headquarters of the local universe that the Eternal Son of ...
www.truthbook.com/urantiabook/u33.htm - 36k - Cached - Similar pages

The Urantia Book — Part I. Paper 8 — The Infinite Spiritp93:6 8:3.4 A Creator Son of the Eternal Son and a Creative Spirit of the Infinite Spirit created you and your universe; and while the Father in ...
www.truthbook.com/UrantiaBook/U8.htm - 34k - Cached - Similar pages

practice not doing
and everything will fall into place
fill your bowl to the brim
and it will spill.
keep sharpening your knife
and it will blunt .
chase after money and security
and your heart will never unclench .
care about peoples approval
and you will be their prisoner.
do your work , then step back .
the only path to serenity .
LAO TSU

Post subject:
PostPosted:  

Coop I was thinking of our dear Angel myself last night and today. As I think of her I send up my prayers for her. And I think of offering them on this site, that she may know we have not forgotten her. Then I find my prayers an desires for Angel's comfort, healing and strength, in your heart felt prayer and expression as I know she is in the mind, thoughts and feelings of others here.

And in our compassion Angel may you receive God's healing, God's strength, and God's comforting Love, as we count on it to get us through the challenges of this Life and the promise it gives us for the next.

God Bless and heal you Angel! :smile: You are in our prayers. Thank You brother Coop.

I heard from PP last month by a message left on my answering machine. As the message wasn't real clear in it's transmission, I believe he said he was staying under the tree at Lahina. I believe that would be at a Park there where he gathered with others before. Paradise in our prayers and our thoughts as with God, you are. :smile:

Post subject:
PostPosted:  

PP? Paradise Pilgrim??

May You find "serenity", PP.

Post new topic This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 7 posts ]