Urantia Book Forum

Urantia Book Discussion Board : Study Group
It is currently Tue Sep 29, 2020 2:56 am +0000

All times are UTC - 7 hours

Post new topic This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 62 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5
 Post subject:
PostPosted:  

Trav,

On our plane, we have been beset by a wrong-hearted and completely misguided Lucifer. A System Sovereign. With that, a misguided Planetary Prince! Many years later (current times), we are beset with phoney t.v. minsters. Nigerian scam artists, educated priests who MOLEST / destroy
our children.

In today's world, we have been kicked in the head enough times to cure us of MOST naiveness. We have the right to be somewhat careful and cautious with respect to 'ministers' and seemingly-ministering individuals.

The UB tells us Urantia is hugely blessed because of issues brought forth due to the Planetary Rebellion. Part of the challenge for us all inheriting this challenging world is TO BE VIGILANT ! And we are committed to remaining so. Let's celebrate VIGILANCE...........

Profile Send private message  

Post subject:
PostPosted:  

My Brother '' Thee Traveler " I had You and Brother KK Mixed Up My Bad .
I Am In Full Agreement With My Brothers Thoughts Here , ... Or Is It I , Who am Confused ? Just Then , ... Whom Do You Say You Are ? ME ~ I AM a Son of GOD and a Son of Man , Just Like We ALL Are Here . Who R U ? & What is it you Want ? ~ Sheep ?

I Call no Man my Master ~ But our Lord & Brother , Creator Son Jesus Christ Michael . If You wish to be Someones Master, that or a Guru my Brother , You are in the Wrong Part of Town . I myself Love thee Esoteric thots of others , ... "" IF '' They are worthwhile & Make Sense .
NAMASTAE Brother Traveler

Brother Traveler ~ Here is a Lesson on Silence , & when to be Silent & When not to be . As well as Human Humility , Be Humble , ... Do not take it as a personal attack , only as Spiritual Manna .

http://video.google.com/videoplay?docid ... e%3Acomedy

Brother Traveler & Brothers & Sisters ~ Some Spiritual Food For All . You do your good work and step back. Just leave it.
Tao Te Ching, chapter 51:

Tao gives birth to all things,
te nourishes them,
matter gives them form,
and their environment completes them.
Therefore all things revere Tao and honor Te
Yet revering Tao and honoring Te is not commanded by any decree--
but is always spontaneous, of itself so.

So, it is Tao that gives them life,
and it is Te that nurtures them, raises them, develops them, shelters them,
matures them, sustains them, protects them.
Creating without possessing,
acting without laying claim
raising without controlling--
this is called profound Te [alt.: "Primal Virtue," "Hidden Virtue"]

Wang Pi (226 - 249 AD) comments, "The Way [Tao] is what things follow. Virtue [te] is what they attain. 'Dark Virtue' means virtue is present but no one knows who controls it. It comes from what is hidden."10 Does my virtue come from what is hidden? Or is it calculated to extract respect, to be recognized as "good," to lay claim on results? Te is just "of itself so," just there, as it is in all things. The question, then, is whether my "virtue" is the same as Tao's virtue, nurturing, sustaining, acting without laying claim, without controlling? Jesus said, "When you give alms, sound no trumpet before you, as the hypocrites do in the synagogues and in the streets, that they may be praised by men. Truly, I say to you, they have received their reward. But when you give alms, do not even let your left hand know what your right hand is doing!"11

In ourselves we may call it virtue; in its universal sense we may call it Primal Virtue. But this kind of authentic living, living by TE, whence does it come? Not by dead adherence to a system or an ideology, or by commandments, or by threats or guilt or even discipline, but simply by observation! Only a free mind can follow it, or more accurately, let it flow of itself. You do not have to argue for this kind of virtue, as argument does not free the mind. An old adage goes: People changed against their will are of the same opinion still. Think about it. Something is only a discipline when in conflict with itself, thus not free. Likewise, we do not have to convince or persuade ourselves or others of the merits of te. It is planted and grows in the field of free observation, true observation -- observation that is not filtered through our previous mental conditioning. When you look, really look, and see it for yourself, then you do not need external convincing. And what does not rely on externals cannot be uprooted! These are the themes of chapter 54:

What is well planted cannot be uprooted.
What is firmly grasped cannot slip away.
It will be honored from generation to generation without fail.
Cultivate it in your self,
and Virtue will be genuine.
Cultivate it in your family,
and Virtue will overflow.
Cultivate it in your community,
and Virtue will endure.
Cultivate it in your nation,

and Virtue will be abundant.
Cultivate it in all beneath heaven,
and Virtue will be universal.

Therefore, observe the self by the self,
observe the family by the family,
observe the community by the community,
observe the nation by the nation
observe all beneath heaven by all beneath heaven.
By what do I understand that the world is like this?
By looking!

Embodying Te: Not by Force, but as an Infant

If one thoroughly embodies Te
he is like a newborn infant
who wasps, scorpions, snakes and poisonous insects will not sting,
wild beasts will not seize
and birds of prey will not attack.
His bones are flexible and his muscles soft,
but his grip is firm!
He does not yet know the union of the sexes,
yet his vitality stirs to full perfection.
Indeed, he can scream all day and not get hoarse--
so perfect is his harmony!

To realize harmony is to be in accord with the Changeless;
to be in accord with the Changeless is called enlightenment.

Forcibly augmenting one's life is ill-fated.
Directing the vital spirit by the will overstrains it.
Overgrown things soon wither.
This is not the Tao.
What is not the Tao soon ceases to be.

Lao Tzu
Faith son
Coop

Profile Send private message  

Post new topic This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 62 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5