Urantia Book Forum

Urantia Book Discussion Board : Study Group
It is currently Tue Sep 29, 2020 2:36 am +0000

All times are UTC - 7 hours

Post new topic This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 62 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next
 Post subject:
PostPosted:  

OK so you copied in section 1 The Trinity Teacher Sons of Paper 19 The Co-Ordinate Trinity Origin Beings.

Let’s see… ummm… let me guess: You find it difficult to understand and you’re just curious how we’ll react to it? ?? You think it’s a bunch of Hogwash and you just want to dump it back on us to see what we’ll do. ??? It’s the most spectacular thing you’ve ever read and you want to share it with us so we don’t lose focus of the important things in the Book.???

O.K traveler. Your turn. Post “touching my nose” if any of those are close to what you want to communicate or “shaking my head NO” if I’m totally off base.

BTW I was curious. What do you think of the program “Men in Trees” I think it’s pretty cool and reflective of the increasing presence of woman’s Nature in our culture. Have you seen it? What do you think about it?

Peace be with you Traveler (he or she).
:smile:
Quote:
"The terms of my intervention are eternal and immutable. I answer to none but my Father and can do nothing but his will. I seek not your approval neither has it consequence to me. But my words should you hear are of eternal consequence to you."

I hear you brother/sister! Talk to me. Tell me the "TRUTH". Show me the "Truth". Speak the "Truth" that I may know "OUR FATHER" even as you do. For it is in doing His Will that I will come to know him more completely. And in doing his will that I will be "your servant".

May Our Father's Will remain the goal of your actions and basis of your being. Amen my brother/sister. :smile:

Profile Send private message  

Post subject:
PostPosted:  

That's it... I'm outta here.

Post subject:
PostPosted:  

Bye Artguy,

I'm interested, continue.

Embrace Truth not a Book!

Post subject:
PostPosted:  

.........Re words and works..... I used to believe scholarship was superior to mother's love. I used to believe Kant and Schopenhauer and co. was superior to mother's love. I used to believe intellect was higher than mother's love. Got to a point where I began to appreciate Love. Mother's love. A friend's love. How 'bout God's Love?

Yep. I guess it is Love, Reality-Embracing Love. Universe-Embracing Love. Other-people Love. That Love is the humanizing part of life.

It seems nice to impress ourselves about our personal smartness. It is nice to impress others about our intellectual achievements. Nice - and inferior.
Inferior to mother's love.

Post subject: YOUR SERVANT
PostPosted:  

There are two paths on the ascent to Paradise. The first is well worn and for the most part inevitable. A sojourner on this path will, within the process of time, eventually see, interact with, and experience all of the physically descriptive elements contained in the papers. As a result acceptance of this journey, its conjunctive agents, or agencies is perfunctory. Foreknowledge of the same is of little or no consequence. Your Master did not waste his precious time on lengthy descriptions or depictions of the inevitable. His message was simple and the first step on the second and infinitely shorter path to Paradise. Within the mortal and finite mind the concept of love is the closest thing to infinite Deity reality that can be comprehended. Love, in its purest form, is not conditional on actions, perceptions of acceptability, or fear based morality. It is not fraternal, neither self insulating. It is not dependant upon reciprocation, neither volitional. It like God just is. This tiny step toward ultimate Deity reality was your Master’s message. Your ability to comprehend my message is completely dependant upon your understanding of the most basic spiritual concept underlying true love.

Post subject:
PostPosted:  
Site Admin

So, there's the tried and true, but ever-so-slow and not very flashy way to travel on the journey toward perfection and then there's the instant, why wait or waste time, poof! kind. We westerners are always looking for whatever's quick and easy and instant, so this proposal strikes a chord, a kind of instant self-gratification thing like instead of waiting for it to perk just use the freeze-dried coffee. Tell us more -- but before doing so, please provide the passage(s) in TUB that support this. We're a bit slow and plodding here and rely upon TUB as the standard against which everything else is weighed -- like if it's not there it's not particularly useful.

Post subject:
PostPosted:  

............Benjamin Creme ??

sounds like.........

Post subject:
PostPosted:  

............Benjamin Creme ?? sounds like.........
........Your point?? non-existent ?

The Master would never send a discourteous and pompous soul to aid His striving brothers and sisters.

Study Him, His manner. Superior? Yes. Pompous? No.

Post subject:
PostPosted:  

P1819:9, 165:3.1 By the end of January the Sabbath-afternoon multitudes numbered almost three thousand. On Saturday, January 28, Jesus preached the memorable sermon on "Trust and Spiritual Preparedness." After preliminary remarks by Simon Peter, the Master said:

P1819:10, 165:3.2 "What I have many times said to my apostles and to my disciples, I now declare to this multitude: Beware of the leaven of the Pharisees which is hypocrisy, born of prejudice and nurtured in traditional bondage, albeit many of these Pharisees are honest of heart and some of them abide here as my disciples. Presently all of you shall understand my teaching, for there is nothing now covered that shall not be revealed. That which is now hid from you shall all be made known when the Son of Man has completed his mission on earth and in the flesh.

Post subject:
PostPosted:  

.........I have been wrong occasionally
BUT .........I think you are a 'lost bunny'

Post subject:
PostPosted:  

These qualities of universal reality are manifest in Urantian human experience on the following levels:
1. Body. The material or physical organism of man. The living electrochemical mechanism of animal nature and origin.
2. Mind. The thinking, perceiving, and feeling mechanism of the human organism. The total conscious and unconscious experience. The intelligence associated with the emotional life reaching upward through worship and wisdom to the spirit level.
3. Spirit. The divine spirit that indwells the mind of man--the Thought Adjuster. This immortal spirit is prepersonal--not a personality, though destined to become a part of the personality of the surviving mortal creature.
4. Soul. The soul of man is an experiential acquirement. As a mortal creature chooses to "do the will of the Father in heaven," so the indwelling spirit becomes the father of a new reality in human experience. The mortal and material mind is the mother of this same emerging reality. The substance of this new reality is neither material nor spiritual--it is morontial. This is the emerging and immortal soul which is destined to survive mortal death and begin the Paradise ascension.
The soul of man is experientially acquired. As a mortal creature chooses to “do the will of the Father in heaven” so to the indwelling spirit transforms into the Father of a new reality. The mortal and the material mind (through experience) as a mother gives birth to this same emerging reality. The substance of this new reality is neither mortal nor spiritual, it is morontial. This is the emerging and immortal soul which is destined to survive mortal death and begins Paradise ascension.

Post subject:
PostPosted:  

your posts have been of no value to a serious seeker of Truth.

Farewell, O Dweller in the Fog

Post subject:
PostPosted:  

Personality. The personality of mortal man is neither body, mind, nor spirit; neither is it the soul. Personality is the one changeless reality in an otherwise ever-changing creature experience; and it unifies all other associated factors of individuality. The personality is the unique bestowal which the Universal Father makes upon the living and associated energies of matter, mind, and spirit, and which survives with the survival of the morontial soul.

Morontia is a term designating a vast level intervening between the material and the spiritual. It may designate personal or impersonal realities, living or nonliving energies. The warp of morontia is spiritual; its woof is physical.
Morontia is a term designating the vast levels intervening between total mortal reality and complete spiritual reality; it designates the gulf between Deity impersonal and Deity personal realities, nonliving and living energies. The Birth of morintai is spiritual; its womb is the physical.

All spiritual circuits emanate from and are centered in Paradise, and all physical circuits are centered in and emanate from the Eternal Isle of Paradise. No circuit has its origin anywhere else in the universe of universes. A circuit is by definition a circle, its beginning is also its end. Every living creature whether high or low, and every inanimate object within the entirety of creation is inextricably linked to Paradise and The Isle of Paradise by these physical and spiritual circuits. Energy and spirit circuits are initiated much like an electrical or hydraulic circuit, power is supplied, work is done, and power returns to its source. Within the Devine Machinery of creation these circuits are ever emanating, working and returning. Within this Devine construct the machine is ever accomplishing the eternal will of the Universal father. Are the ills and fates of mortal experience the result of hostile, malicious or even benevolent Devine intervention? No, but they are the will of the Father and they will bring about that which he desires. The Father never has and never will create a single creature or thing lacking eternal purpose.

Post subject:
PostPosted:  

That sounds true traveler.

I was wondering Traveler. Do you think when we die it's like a fuse blowing or a circuit breaker flipping in an electrical circuit? And then when we're reassembled in the resurrection halls of the mansion worlds It's like the breaker being flipped on again and the circuit of ascendancy progression is flipped on again thus completing the the never ending never begining curcuit again converting it from dormant to functional again?

Also you say:

The personality is the unique bestowal which the Universal Father makes upon the living and associated energies of matter, mind, and spirit, and which survives with the survival of the morontial soul.

In a recent email from rhermen he said:

Quote:
I don't have specific quotes offhand, but it is my understanding that our surviving soul is entrusted in part to our thought adjuster which takes the surviving personality. The other part of our surviving soul is entrusted to a seraphic guardian which takes the surviving memory. These two components must be reassembled on the first mansion world in a new morontia body to complete our being.

And then I found this part in TUB and share with him as I do with you now:

P.533 - §1 The mortal-mind transcripts and the active creature-memory patterns as transformed from the material levels to the spiritual are the individual possession of the detached Thought Adjusters; these spiritized factors of mind, memory, and creature personality are forever a part of such Adjusters. The creature mind-matrix and the passive potentials of identity are present in the morontia soul intrusted to the keeping of the seraphic destiny guardians. And it is the reuniting of the morontia-soul trust of the seraphim and the spirit-mind trust of the Adjuster that reassembles creature personality and constitutes resurrection of a sleeping survivor.

So it seems it's not only the personailty "which survives with the survival of the morontial soul" It's also "factors of mind, memory" and
"The creature mind-matrix and the passive potentials of identity" that survive and "are present in the morontia soul"

Right?

As always God's blessings be with you brother. And May the Holy Spirit guide your choices and mine as to doing the Will of God here on earth (Urantia) :smile:

Post subject:
PostPosted:  

Traveler.... is he a madman or a madwoman?

Post new topic This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 62 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next